[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman vs Superman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 20

File: 82fa41c18ef27de2f002109f5590091e.jpg (392KB, 1910x1000px) Image search: [Google]
82fa41c18ef27de2f002109f5590091e.jpg
392KB, 1910x1000px
So I just watched Batman vs Superman for the first time.

All of the stuff with the characters in their civilian identities and trying to solve mysteries is really good, and I like how it's got a lot of focus on character interaction rather than fighting. Wonder Woman is definitely the highlight of the movie, since she's played as this mysterious woman then has some of the best action in the fight scene at the end.

Clark and Lois being pretty passionately in love was refreshing, but I definitely feel like Supes got the short end of the stick as far as screentime goes. So much of his time is spent on plot stuff that he doesn't have a lot of time to just be Superman, while Batman gets a few good scenes. On the other hand, the Batmobile chase scene and the "The bat is dead"/"Do you bleed?" scenes were the absolute worst part of the movie, reminding me of the worst parts of the Nolan movies.

Isenberg was okay but I wasn't too keen on his take on Luthor as being so unhinged. I don't think such a young actor was a good choice for Luthor, either. And killing Jimmy Olsen was unforgivable.

Despite a few problems though, I definitely think it was worth watching. The fact that people say its bad kind of blows my mind; it's definitely better than stuff like the X-men trilogy or the Thor movies. And it didn't have the kind of issues Suicide Squad did. It kind of reminds me of how critics savaged Waterworld at release despite it being pretty decent.
>>
>>90354213
I don't think it deserved the hate it got. Honestly, it really feels like critics were somehow really opposed to the idea of the movie more than anything.
>>
>>90354506
Because Disney paid them.
>>
>>90356101
2 posts, this has got to be a record for actual discussion of any possible merit to the film.
>>
>>90354213
>>90354506
yeah, I agree, idk why critics were so savage. Mob mentality I guess.
>>
>>90356266
It's weird because it's not even as bad as crap like Batman & Robin or Daredevil, but it gets treated like the worst movie ever made.
>>
File: 1474613307818.gif (585KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1474613307818.gif
585KB, 500x371px
>>90356266
>idk why critics were so savage
Two words, ZACK SNYDER. Anyone who does just a little bit of research knows that his wife (Deborah Snyder) who is a producer for Warner Bros. is the ONLY reason this piece of shit Hack gets ANY work.
>>
>>90356266
It was another politics thing. It portrayed masculinity, traditional family values, etc. too positively. If you look at the reviews, they're all jumbled up and reaching for some excuse to hate the movie. Literally every aspect was both praised and hated by some critic. It's baffling how there was nothing universally hated or praised. Some people hated Affleck and loved Eisenberg and vice versa for example. It's surreal.
>>
>>90356325
>malfunction
Did you even read the post before posting your cookie cutter response? It's funny because it also pushes a debunked meme.
>>
>>90356354
I think you're replying to the wrong post, but if not, what are you fucking talking about fampai?
>>
>>90356325
That literally has nothing to do with the merits of the movie. You're making excuses.
>>
>>90356399
>why were the critics so savage if the movie wasn't so bad
>ZACK SNYDER! WHAT A HACK!!!
If the movie wasn't bad, then why would he be considered a "hack" and how would that affect the critical reception? Clearly it was just another copypaste gone wrong.
>>
>>90356404
>That literally has nothing to do with the merits of the movie
The Director is a complete Hack. How is that NOT?
>>
It was good, not what everybody was hoping it would be. I've watched it at least four times and I can't bring myself to watch civil war again.
>>
>>90356484
>the movie is bad because the director is bad

Not an argument.
>>
>>90356484
>MCU shillbot gone ROGUE
>>
>>90356470
Except every movie he has made, with the exception of 300 and Watchmen, has been complete incoherent garbage.
>>
>>90354213
> superman is a main character of the film and has 43 lines of film, including a death scream
> fucking spider-man in civil war had more dialogue in 10 minutes of screentime. absolutely unacceptable in a BvS movie
> lex is shit. there is 0 defending this. completely awful miscast
> cut shit with clark doing actual investigative reporting
> gadot is shit. there is 0 defending this. completely awful miscast
> martha
> the rest of the justice league is introduced via youtube clips. MUH EASTER EGGS JUST LIKE MARVEL. disgusting. fucking youtube clips
> how do they even have their symbols on lex's harddrive. did he actually give them their own symbols? disgusting.
> doomsday fight because MUH MONSTER.
> why does clark have to kryptonite spear him. why can't he just give the fucking thing to wonder woman
> why does bruce make a fucking spear out of it. he's the goddamn batman, make other tech with it, oh wait, MUH JESUS SPEAR OF DESTINY REFERENCE
> magic cia bullet
> batman of murder kills tons of dudes
> batman is world's greatest detective, can't figure out his own finances were being rused by lex into not paying wheelchairfag
> lex kills mercy for no reason
> double dream sequence
> blowing your load on omega symbol and parademons so early
> cramming death of superman AND dark knight returns into one story when both are deserving of their own solo movie
> MUH PISS JAR LEX
> bad color palette
> had zod's body, could've used michael shannon in the future, what a waste
jeremy irons alfred was based tho. alfreds have always been based in live action, the comic, cartoons, and video games
>>
>>90356509
>>90356517
I bet you shit suckers think the Star Wars prequels are better then the original trilogy too.
>>
>>90356337
Every post 9/11 zombie movie does the exact same thing and plenty of those were critic darlings. That's not it.
>>
>>90356561
Not an argument.
>>
>>90356561
Throwing a tantrum won't make your argument more valid.
>>
>>90356541

It's hard for the character, Alfred, to not be horrible. Selfless, loyal, and fatherly. He's everything a /co/mrade wants in a father they'll never have.
>>
>>90356606
Speak for yourself. I killed my father and took his land.
>>
>>90356592
>>90356603
Think what you want, Hack Snyder is still a cancer that kills any movie he's a part of.
>>
>>90356541
Nitpicking and nonsensical meme arguments. Saying "HURR ITS BAD" is not a valid argument.
>>
>>90356621

Would you kill your father if your father was Alfred Pennyworth?
>>
>>90356633
>>90356633

Still not an argument.
>>
>>90356665
Id have to. Its a rite of passage for my species.
>>
>>90356635
> nitpicking
nice try
>>
File: 1403139826995.jpg (12KB, 261x177px) Image search: [Google]
1403139826995.jpg
12KB, 261x177px
>>90356541
>fucking spider-man in civil war had more dialogue in 10 minutes of screentime
Gee, the guy infamous for never ending banter, talking a lot?
>>
>>90356754
most of spidey's dialogue is when he's peter talking to stark and aunt may in the apartment

in the airport fight he has around 17 lines.
>>
>>90356693
Very obnoxious shit posting.
>>
>>90356754
BvS had more of a plot than CW, so CW could waste screen time on filler.
>>
>>90356831
The entire CW movie was filler.
>>
So why was Jimmy Olsen an FBI agent, and shot in the face immediately?
Does that mean the only 2 humans on Earth Supes care about have vaginas?
If the old one has a heart attack and he gets bored of his fleshlight is he going to go full Injustice?
>>
>>90354213
I went into this movie more hyped than I was for civil war and left kinda thinking of well that was alright. not trying to start a marvel DC thing either I like DC comics more but so far the movies havent been as good
I think the main problem was the movie had no tension for me since I knew they were gonna team up with wonder woman and fight doomsday.
I loved battfleck but felt Henry Caville was barely used in his own sequel.
>>
>>90357347
>So why was Jimmy Olsen an FBI agent, and shot in the face immediately?
Snyder already explained this. He wanted to shock the audience.
>>
>>90356541
Tldr I agree.the movie had its issues but lex wasnt a casting problem, you could have had anyone play lex but it's how they wrote the character
>>
>>90357347
CIA.
The FBI don't operate in Africa.
>>
>>90357399
>I loved battfleck but felt Henry Caville was barely used in his own sequel.
That's your problem. It wasn't his sequel, it was Batman's first movie.
>>
>>90357409
>He wanted to shock the audience.
I think making his movie worse then MOS was shocking enough.
>>
>>90357430
Well it was kind of both, I just felt like all his time on screen was wasted just staring with a blank look on his face
>>
>>90357448
>Well it was kind of both, I
No, it wasn't.
They tried Superman, it didn't make a gorillion dollars, so WB does what it always does and went 'It's time to do nothing but Batman for five years".

You should've known the second the title was announced that Clark was going to take a backseat. I know I did.
>>
>>90356337
>It was another politics thing. It portrayed masculinity, traditional family values, etc. too positively.

There does seem to be this idea that politically Snyder and BvS are right wing and some people seem to hate them for that, but it makes no sense to me because if anything BvS was really skeptical of power structures and authority. I mean the opening scene in Nairomi basically has the General calling bullshit on the war on terror. "Men with power obey neither policy nor principle Miss Lane, no one is different, no one is neutral." Then Superman fucks up a drone for the second time in the DCEU. Batman's justification for his preemptive crusade against Superman quotes Dick Cheney. The villain is a tech billionaire who manipulates the government. Clark is disgusted when he sees Gotham police idolising Batman's brutality. Superman himself uses his power selfishly to protect the people he loves at the expense of others. It's a deeply pessimistic film that basically echoes Luthor's sentiment "The oldest lie in America is that power can be innocent."
>>
I liked it.
>>
File: eohovgtgfa9y.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eohovgtgfa9y.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Why the literal fuck is this on /co/?

Take this trash to /tv/

MODS
>>
Is this the DCEU safe space thread
>>
File: you.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>90358362
No thread is safe, unless you're on /r/dccinematic.

Seems like a fitting home for a degenerate like you, why don't you head off there, son? Be with other 'people' like you.
>>
>>90357526
breddy gud fampai
>>
File: 1487103993709.jpg (94KB, 680x743px) Image search: [Google]
1487103993709.jpg
94KB, 680x743px
Bait thread.

>>90354213
>and I like how it's got a lot of focus on character interaction rather than fighting.

Character interaction was one of the worst aspects of the movie.

On his own movie, Civil had less lines (42) than Spider-Man CAMEO on Civil War.

The fight had so little weight or gravitas at the end, that a character had to literally kidnap the mother of one of them to actually force them to clash.

The x-men trilogy had better writing and antagonists.
>>
>>90356337
Ha. This movie is the best possible argument that masculinity and traditional family values need to go the way of the dodo.
>>
>>90356325

thats actually not true, she had no idea he was going to be hired to do it and it was in fact Nolan that did it you stupid idiot

http://www.craveonline.com/site/515353-exclusive-interview-deborah-snyder-talks-man-of-steel-and-easter-eggs
We met the Nolans on a plane going to CinemaCon when they were there for Inception, we were doing [Legend of the] Guardians, and we never met them before. Yet we were both husband and wife team at the same studio and people kept saying, “Oh you guys have to meet.” So we had a really nice conversation of the plane and we said, “Listen when everything calms down we gotta get a meal together.” So a couple months after that we got a call and Chris [Nolan] had said, “Hey, do you guys want to come over for lunch and grab that meal, and would you mind if we talked to you about Superman?” Zack got off the phone and we were like… [Gasps]! And I said “I don’t know, Zack. I don’t know how…” And he was such a fan of the character, he had different trepidations, right? His trepidation was, “I don’t know how to do this character justice. I’m not sure I know how to do that.” And I was like. “I don’t know how you make him accessible to a modern audience.” But we said, sure we’ll come and listen and they pitched us the idea that Chris and [David] Goyer had for the story. We really felt that they had an in into making him relatable, into making you care about him. But of course we wanted to read the script because the pitches are usually better than the script, and we were so pleased when we read the script. It was a really great way of getting at him. So then it was like, okay… Zack said, “I want to do this. I really want to do this.” And I said, “I feel like they really figured out a way to make this work.” And then I don’t think you can think about what the responsibility is. [Laughs] It’s like, too huge, right? So then you just have to go about your day-to-day.
>>
>>90356541
Batman's name literally comes first in the movie, they were both main characters. And part of the point is that Superman does more through his actions, while Batman justifies shitty actions with a lot of talking.
>>
>>90358534
see
>>90358598
>>
>>90358534
>using an interview from before the movie came out to try and support your argument

you dumb
>>
>>90356541
> how do they even have their symbols on lex's harddrive. did he actually give them their own symbols? disgusting.

Are you trying to tell me that Lex Luthor, a corporate mogul, used branding?
>>
>>90357347
>>90357409
Superman doesn't interfere in politcal matters 99% of the time. Part of the whole "letting humanity choose their own path" thing. Jimmy, being CIA, is a political player. Lois is an innocent journalist who was promised safety.
>>
>>90358670
That's a pretty desperate attempt to spin Superman letting a guy get shot in the face.
>>
>>90358652
Headcanon.

>>90358655
The interview is just a jab at the universe coming from people who worked there, not part of the argument mate.

No need to get this triggered, shill.
>>
>doomsday falls onto a deserted island
>batman discovers that doomsday is kryptonian because he shoots lasers out of his face
>batman tells alfred that he needs his kryptonite spear to save the day
>instead of doing the logical thing by going to get the spear then doubling back to deserted island, batman lures doomsday to the spear in gotham
>wonder woman magically shows up out of nowhere and at the right time too
>louise lane, hiding in an abandoned building with no power, suddenly knows EVERYTHING that's going on outside, and tries to fetch the spear to help superman win the fight
>meanwhile wonder woman is chopping doomsday to pieces
>even though wonder woman is winning, superman declares the battle a loss, and decides to sacrifice himself in order to save the day
>>
>>90358534
for a film you seem to hate so much, you do seem to know it down to quite an autistic detail. Who counts the lines of dialogue in a film.
>>
>>90358572
>SJWS are anti-DCEU
Whoa, who would have thought! Anyone who hates the DCEU is an SJW that needs to go backs to tumblr.
>>
>>90358758
Wonder Woman wasn't winning anything he regenerated when she severed a limb.
Her holding the lasso was the only thing restraining him physically and restraining his shockwaves.
>>
Man of Steel (2013) changes I would have made (I love Mos for the record)
> The tornado scene would have been much faster paced and lingered ALOT less, Pa would have told Clark out loud "No protect you mother" when Clark offers to get the dog, Pa would have gotten to his feet right when Clark gets to the underpass so it would not seem like Clark is standing around doing nothing for a extended period, Pa waves him off and Clark hesitates for a split second and Pa is blown away immediately.
> After Clark kills Zod, I would have a long montage of him helping people out of the wreckage of the city, using his hearing to detect people who are buried.
> When Clark accidentally drags Zod into Smallville, I would had have him look up and realize such right before crashing into the gas station and try to swerve out of the way but is moving too fast to do so.
> Removed scene of Lois insulting House of Cards guy at the end, Removed her tinkle & measuring dicks lines.
> Would have had Clark state to Lois "I have to go help people' after embracing in the wake of rescuing her from the Black Hole only for them to hear Zod emerging.
> Would have not had Clark & Lois kiss in the midst of the destruction, or at the least I would have removed the joke about relationships going down hill.
> Added 1 or 2 positive memories Clark has with his dad.
> Would have removed Clark destroying the truckers truck.
> Emphasized a bit more how much Clark has held back over the years out of not wanting to punch down.
> Emphasized Pa Kents concern about Clark's secret harming society so people wouldn't dismiss his motives as purely selfish.
>>
>>90356325
Anybody who actually does a bit of reasearch knows she literally only produces Zack's movies and therefor has little to no saying over at WB.
He brings her along, not the other way around.
>>
>>90360247
TO BE HONEST, his arm regenerated into a spike.

A single spike without fingers, it is kind of a downgrade.

It would be funny if he ended up a limbless guy on 4.
>>
>>90354213
>but I definitely feel like Supes got the short end of the stick as far as screentime goes

Well, the be fair, the movie as a whole is basically a commentary on how people perceive Superman in different ways, and then politicize his actions. He doesn't get to to have as much screen time and agency because he's robbed that every time he does something heroic in public by the media and politics.
>>
>>90360284
DELETE THIS!!!!!
>>
>>90356337

The only universal truth that you can say about BvS is that it was polarizing. Which is a sign of good art.
>>
>>90357347
>>90357409
That and Eisenberg refused to be Jimmy, so Snyder had no use for the character beyond that point apparently.
>>
>>90356302
Your comparison is kinda odd as B&R actually IS the worst movie ever made and DD was kinda decent.
>>
>>90360294
>because he's robbed that every time he does something heroic in public by the media and politics.

Actualy, by the writters and directors.

MILLER many years ago wrotte a "how the public see Batman" and managed ti have the character have a shit load of agency.

We have just incompetent writting to blame.
>>
>>90356522
But Mos wasn't incoherent in anyway whatsoever.
>>
>>90359792
Some guy counted them soon after the movie came out and everybody else is repeating it. I doubt it's that specific anon who counted them.
>>
>>90356541
>> why does clark have to kryptonite spear him. why can't he just give the fucking thing to wonder woman
Because that would be fucking cowardly as fuck and she was the only thing restraining him with the Lasso.
>>
>>90360332
Eisenberg refused to be Jimmy because Jimmy was going to be shot.
>>
>>90360351
>implying Superman didn't have agency
>>
>>90356541
>> cramming death of superman AND dark knight returns into one story when both are deserving of their own solo movie
Death really doesn't deserve it, it wasn't a notably good story, this film did it 50 times better.
>>
>>90360380
Are you sure? They completely rewrote Lex for Eisenberg, I doubt they would do that if he was only originally going to be cast as a cameo.
>>
>>90360324
>Which is a sign of good art.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good shitpost.

Anything "good" that people have to say about it, can be said about the Prequels of Star Wars.

Stop making execuses to defend a shit ptoduct with made up definitions of what makes good art. You are confusing being a contrarian with artistic merit.

>>90360400
We sure saw it on how he went to fight Batman like a cartoon character.

While batman saved his mother, something that HE should be able to do much more easily.
>>
File: larger.jpg (63KB, 1024x997px) Image search: [Google]
larger.jpg
63KB, 1024x997px
>>90360324
So Duchamp's Fountain is objectively good art?
>>
>>90360324
That only matters when there are arguments made on both sides, not when one side consists of dicksucking fanboys dismissing criticism as "nitpicking" and "I likd it bcuz xD", you pesudo-intellectual faggot.
>>
>>90360351

Yes, but you can do that way more easily and effectively in comics where the character can just do hammy narration and you can pace it better.
>>
>>90360467

Yes. Controversy is one sign of good, progressive art, after all. Plenty of filmmakers feel inspired by Snyder, even James Cameron. And Ben Affleck.
>>
>>90360467
As an avant garde art piece, yes.
>>
>>90360477

Nice strawman, as if 80% of the complaints of BvS don't consist of "it don't make sense" and "not muh Batman/Lex Luthor/Perry White's nubian Ceasar's Ghost!"
>>
>>90360523
>Ben Affleck
No wonder Live by Night was also a piece of shit.
>>
>>90356302
Batman and Robin was the best kind of bad. It's so bad, you can watch it again as a comedy. BvS on the other hand, is the type of bad that you never want to watch it again.
>>
>>90360523
>Controversy is one sign of good, progressive art, after all.
So you got nothing except circular reasoning then.
And I guess the guy who destroyed it as a happening was also making great art since that was controversial too.
That guy who wanted to attack the Louvre paintings with machettes while shouting Allah Ackbar was so close to becoming an objectively great artist.

>>90360527
Explain why.
>>
>>90360545
The other 20% is them pretending that good scenes were bad by simplifying them. You could do that for literally every movie to make it look bad, but coincidentally for some reason they only do it for BvS. Disney was afraid of it and are afraid of the DCEU brand so they're trying to use memetic warfare against it. Unfortunately for them, it isn't working.
>>
>>90360545
No, 80% of the complaints come from narrative problems mentioned above, useless shit like movie trailers/Darkseid faggotry revealed too early bogging the movie down.
And yes, you can't just dismiss shitty handling of characters because it comes up often, answer it, faggot.
>>
>>90360523
Also James Cameron's heyday is far behind him, the guy hasn't made anything good in 20 years.
>>
Why the fuck is /co/ still a safe space for DCEU threads? Why the fuck are the fanboys still endlessly making posts about it?

Literally everywhere else, people hate the DCEU and rightly so. Reddit, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, all these places hate the DCEU, so why are these dumbfucks allowed to post here? All they do is make shitpost and start console war threads(Look at /tv/, it's a lost cause since full pro DCEU posters). /co/ will be lost to those people unless something is done.

Either ban all DCEU threads and move them to /tv/ or ban all the DCEU posters
>>
>>90360436
>Anything "good" that people have to say about it, can be said about the Prequels of Star Wars.
Not not really, pretty much the whole cast besides Jesse gave decent to fantastic performances while I can't think of anyone in the prequels who were decent besides Lee & the actor who played Jango and both were underused.
Lois made for a MUCH more well written and competent female then Padme.
Both Clark & Bruce's angst & indecision was a million times better acted and more believable then Anakins.
>>
>>90357409
How can he shock the audience by shooting Jimmy in the face if nobody in the audience knew it was Jimmy?
>>
>>90360581

Those could be debated, sure, since you can't define or quantify artistic quality with absolute truths. Not everything controversial is great art, but plenty of great art was controversial at the time of its creation. Look at cubism. It tells a lot about the person how they respond to art.
>>
>>90360623
Because dissenting opinions are allowed on 4chan?
If you ban DCEU you should also ban MCU, those threads are also filled with shitposting.
t. Marvelfag.
>>
>>90360545
But arguing that none of the characters were as good as the source material isnt bad.

If they wanted to do something different, at least make it good. Like Logan, that people agree to be an amzing movie. You just try to dissmiss any complain patethicaly, while reality shows that people are willing to forgive new takes on characters if they are entertaining.
>>
>>90360608
>narrative problems
There are none. There's not a single problem with the movie. Get over it.
>>
>>90360623
Because /tv/ stopped falling for the bait, so the cancerous fanboys migrated to the this board.
>>
>>90360623
>triggered mouse intern trying to kill the hype
Funny!
>>
>>90360644
So your post claiming that BvS being controversial is a sign that it's great art is meaningless then, since both good and bad art can be controversial.
It's basically the same reasoning as saying "well the Thing was poorly received too" about every movie that critics pan.
>>
>>90360649
I'm for it, both can go and we don't have to have these threads every day
>>
>>90360658
>There's not a single problem with the movie. Get over it.
I love the DCEU and you need to mother fucking FUCK OFF your making the rest of us look bad you irrational mother fucker.
>>
>>90360649
The people shitposting in those threads are DCEU shitposters

Why hasn't anyone done anything about them?
>>
>>90360644
By this argument, you can say that DBZ Evolution or that awful SUPER mario MOVIE is true art, and even if it is seeing as shit today, it will be sem as art in the future - so we "cant" treat a movie that is garbage as garbage, because you thinbk that on the future people will like it.

>>90360658
Like a mantra.
>>
>>90360675
>hype

Which hype? When WW will ever premier?
>>
>>90360638
It can shock the audience of hardcore fans who've done their research and know he's Jimmy. And it's pretty telling that Snyder chose to shot Superman's biggest fanboy in the face.
Am I the only one seeing a message to Superman fans here?
>>
>>90360697
MCU fan here I'm about to kill myself because the DCEU is so good!
>>
>>90360692
Or you could just go to tumblr and cry about it.
>>
>>90360692
To be fair nobody's forcing yopu to participate.

>>90360704
Because there's no such thing as a "is it shitpost, sincere retardedness, or just something I don't agree with" detector.
Until there is, you'll have to live with dissenting opinions that you consider to be shitposts.
>>
>>90360366
sooo, was that the theatrical or directors cut?
>>
>>90360658
>There's not a single problem with the movie.
There's probably not one movie in history that doesn't have problems, let alone a movie where literal thousands of people have poked holes at.
>>
>>90360547
what was wrong with it
>>
>>90360623
quit being a faggot and use a filter if you're so easily triggered. Or just go back to tumblr.
>>
>>90360752
Not sure, someone did a count at the time of the theatrical release but I remember a number lower than 42, so this may be extended cut.
>>
>>90360761
Until BvS.
>>
>>90360788
But anon, DCEU fanboys are the only ones that make "safe space" threads where you are only allowed to say nice stuff about the movies.

Just check desuarchive. It is also really telling that snydercucks destroyed any live action cape discussion on /co/ and /tv/.
>>
File: ach, du...oh, toi.jpg (27KB, 571x226px) Image search: [Google]
ach, du...oh, toi.jpg
27KB, 571x226px
>>90360810
>>
>>90360727
I thought nobody knew that Jimmy was even in the movie until Zack pointed it out in an interview.
What was most telling was when he said that he thought having Jimmy getting shot in the face was "something nice for the fans". lulwut
Maybe someone should go to his house and "do something nice for his balls".
>>
>>90360821
actually the discussion has been very civil here at least till you showed up and dissenting view points have been countered with arguments, you know, like a normal discussion.

is there really not a single aspect of the films you liked?
>>
>>90360850
to be fair its said in the directors cut, its just WB fucking around yet again
>>
>>90360707
you could do that, sure. Might even be right if you could provide a compelling case for it.
>>
>>90360850
>I thought nobody knew that Jimmy was even in the movie until Zack pointed it out in an interview.
Which I'm pretty sure came out before the movie and that rabid fanboys had all read before watching it.
>>
>>90360623
you don't have to be here if you don't want to. do DCEU thread s trigger you?
>>
>>90360821
>still trying to push this meme
Why don't you go post in one of those imaginary safe space threads? Is it because they don't exist? You're worse than the moon landing conspiracy theorists.
>>
>>90360919
>Space for Sade DCEU Conversation
>Only positivity allowed, don't fall for shills.

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/89379129/#89379129

1 minute of search.
>>
>>90360957
>https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/89379129/#89379129
that seems ironic
>>
>>90360919
theres been a few, but i feel like the guy may of made them himself just to fit his narrative
>>
>>90360957
Grasping pretty hard here.

>>90361017
Yeah, the "safe space" narrative was being pushed before that thread was made. It's funny how it was made after people started calling him out on it. Even then, it's barely a "safe space."
>>
>>90360651
>>But arguing that none of the characters were as good as the source material isnt bad

a lot of people cry just because Batman kills, without understanding it's a fundamental and international character flaw that is meant to portray him in bad light and their case for why it's bad consists of "I don't like it" and a pathetic "w-why isn't Joker dead" that can be immeditelly dismissed in multiple ways
>>
>>90361114
>t's funny how it was made after people started calling him out on it.

What the hell are you even talking about? People have been calling out DCEU safespace threads since that snydercuck went insane, made a thread to shitpost Doctor Strange, and them a "only positivity" DCEU thread. It was months before that thread.

What is this issue with snydercucks thinking that everything is a conspiracy against them?
>>
>>90361155
as insane as you are for the constant false flagging safe space threads?

nice.
>>
>>90361155
>People have been calling out DCEU safespace threads since that snydercuck went insane, made a thread to shitpost Doctor Strange, and them a "only positivity" DCEU thread.
No, the one guy has been pushing the "DCEU makes safe space threads" narrative long before that and would never respond when called out on it. That incident, which seems more like a false flag, was a Godsend to him. Now he can say "see this one thread? It has the word positivity in it, so ALL DCEU threads are safe space threads!"
>>
>>90361143
>a lot of people cry just because Batman kills, without understanding it's a fundamental and international character flaw

Seems more like Snyder and Goyer fucked up, because they (according to interviews) thought that MILLER Batman killed "all the time" on TKR.

Such change isnt only bad because make your cinematic protrail of the character bertray his core values on the comic and act OOC as fuck, but because it is a shit narative choice because audiences never experienced Batafleck before, so their first introduction to him is just as the "gun crazy Bat".

It also removes one of the interesting conflicts of the character that have been part of his core on most adaptations and stories, in exchange for something that very clearly wasnt embraced.
>>
>>90361208
>No, the one guy has been pushing the "DCEU makes safe space threads" narrative long before that and would never respond when called out on it.

Now it is time for you to show proof. Because it just looks like you are trying to shitpost your way out of the embarassement.
>>
>>90354213
I sure hope you watched the Ultimate edition, OP.

>>90354506
>it really feels like critics were somehow really opposed to the idea of the movie more than anything.
Everyone was. Normies and casuals were like "THAT'S DUMB, WHY WOULD THEY FIGHT!?!?" and fanboys and neckbeards were like "TOO SOON! THIS ISN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN UNTIL DARK KNIGHT RETURNS!!!!", overlooking the fact that the actual goal of the movie was to represent the meeting of these characters in an entirely different way, which I think it did, but whatever.

>>90360336
>B&R actually IS the worst movie ever made
It's been a long time since I've seen B&R, but I feel like it can't be THAT bad. I recently re-watched Batman Forever and have to admit that pretty much all of my hatred toward it as a kid was because it wasn't like Tim Burton's Batman movies. Seeing it now with an open mind, it's pretty damn good. It's completely self-aware camp with some pretty memorable set design. Neon-Gotham was pretty fucking pimp. This movie knew exactly what it was. Schumaker knew he couldn't imitate Burton, and would probably fail if he tried, so instead he made something of his own. It was a bold turn to take in the middle of a continuity. More people would have applauded a half-assed Burton emulation than an original effort, simply because people hate change. Looking back, I'm glad he did what he did with Batman Forever.
>>
>>90360401
Fucking this.

>>90356541
>cramming death of superman AND dark knight returns into one story when both are deserving of their own solo movie
Why does EVERY story need to be retold verbatim? Why can't we just take ideas and re-purpose them? Death of Superman and Dark Knight Returns already had their stories told, many times. Why rehash them again in movie format? Just so kids and normies can watch them while they eat overpriced popcorn?
>>
>>90361208
>I-it is just one guy!
>w-we don't make safe space threads, even if evidence show otherwise!
>>
>>90361208
Not sure about /co/ but /tv/ had plenty of unironic BvS safe threads when it came out, where the OP asked contributors to not engage with critics (which was followed with pretty impressive discipline). It was basically a general over there for a couple of months.
That's where most the BvS analysis screencaps come from.
>>
>>90361354
We can whatch new stuff based on old stories mate.

The problem is that we want it to be good, which it wasn't
>>
>>90354213
So many things about this movie let me down. I was hyped as fuck

>>The hearing they had superman doesnt speak once, I was excited for the day of truth
>>killing off characters like Jimmy and Marcy? Why introduce them? Their deaths had little impact on the narrative, it only stung to fans of the characters due to wasted potential
>>I couldnt wait for lex to reveal his "true" persona, where he would drop the sperg act and reveal it was part of his master plan
>>Batman was the worlds worst detective in this movie. He's played, robbed, and smeckledorfed. Lex knows both batmans and supermans identity. Batman doesnt even know batmans identity
>>Its a hard pill to swallow for a lot of people, that batman wouldnt only be pushed to kill, but that simply seeing a man with that much power, doing everything he can to stop another man with that much, after studying him for a year and watching sefless act over and over(still not figuring out a damn thing about him), its really hard to believe this concept pushed him over the edge
>>you can easily claim "not muh" batman, and that be true, I do not like this batman, He came of thoughtless, careless, irrational, emotional, and mean spirited. I dont want to try to like thos batman. I think this batman hurts a 75+ year history

And I could just go on like this all morning

The fight scenes were lame, and I dont watch live action capes to see batman hit superman with a fucking sink
>>
>>90361331
Forver and B&R aren't really on the same scale, and that's coming from someone who's okay with a more comical and campy version of Batman.
I do love Schumacher's gaudy Gotham.
>>
>>90361356
It is really telling, because for a long time they keep saying to ignore any criticism, because they believe that it is somehow an evil ploy.

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/89507077/#89507077

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/77444786/#77444786

Its like a cult.
>>
>>90361443
whats your opinion on gotham, the tv show i mean
>>
>>90361453
cult film more like, amaright?
>>
>>90361275
>>they thought that MILLER Batman killed "all the time" on TKR.

Irrelevant.

>Such change isnt only bad because make your cinematic protrail of the character bertray his core values on the comic and act OOC as fuck

It's not betrayal of his core values when the whole point is that he's fallen and lost his way, to a point where he is a secondary villain of the piece. And is then at the end redeemed, inspired to be better hero.

>audiences never experienced Batafleck before, so their first introduction to him is just as the "gun crazy Bat".

Anyone who is paying attention is given enough information to understand the context surrounding Batfleck's rage and violence.

>It also removes one of the interesting conflicts of the character that have been part of his core on most adaptations and stories, in exchange for something that very clearly wasnt embraced.

That conflict is clearly present in the final confrontation between Lex and Batman.
>>
>>90360293

I'd like to think he'd roll around like the War Wheel.
>>
>be Snyder
>be shit director
>get popular by making mass-appeal shit
>hide entry-level themes and symbols behind first year film school cinematography
>critics and devoted audience members see right through this for the shit it is
>doesn't matter, subject matter alone draws in enough of an audience to make a profit
>keep getting work because of this and his wife
>>
>>90361459
Never gave it a watch, seemed like a thinly-veiled cash in on IPs and I don't like modern TV drama (I know, I'm that guy). Besides I usually don't enjoy the extended Batman lore much, I like shit to be focused on Bruce.
I hear it's good but I doubt it's for me.
>>
>>90354213
>Wonder Woman is definitely the highlight of the movie

She is barely in the movie, and hardly says anything.

Pretty sad when the people who defend this movie are using a character with such a small part in the movie as the movie's "highlight".

First, BvS defenders were saying Affleck's Batman was the best thing, and now it has slipped down to WW being the highlight?

kek
>>
>>90361518
not everyone has the same opinion you know that right
>>
>>90361474
>Irrelevant.

How so? The guys are basing charcterization on shit that never happened, and justifying it by saying that it is "for fans", when they are show to dont know what they are talking about.

>It's not betrayal of his core values when the whole point is that he's fallen and lost his way

It's not betrayal of his core values when the point is that he bertrayed his core values

>Anyone who is paying attention

Bla bla bla, shit writting, show, don't tell. You just presented a new Batman that is know by the audience as rich Punisher, and now has to live with it. If it was really good, there would not be so many complains.

>That conflict is clearly present in the final confrontation between Lex and Batman.

Not really. It just showed that Batman can kill nameless mooks as much as he pleases, but never a major vilain.
>>
>>90361474
Not the guy you're talking to but I think part of his point is that for Batman to be properly fallen and lost, we need to see how he was BEFORE falling and getting lost.
And yes, you could argue that it relies on previous portrayals for the audience to know what "normal Batman" is, but as a narrative set in this universe and in this story, it falls a bit flat.
>>
>>90354213
How you faggots think this pile of shit has any value or deep meaning is astonishing
>>
>>90361291
People were calling any DCEU thread a "safe space thread" way earlier. These posts weren't the ones I was thinking about (the ones where the guy gets called out), but they show how the narrative was being pushed. All you have to do is search "DCEU safe space" to see them. Would take too much work to find the ones I was thinking about specifically, since the term "safe space" is used so often here.

http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/86104770/#86105771
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/88196883/#88211973
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/88423414/#88424540
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/88583261/#88584602
>>
>>90361484
>his wife
Read the thread.
I hate Snyder as much as the next guy but he gets work based on his merits, as dubious as they may be.
>>
>>90361585
Everyone knows what Batman's deal is. You could ask anyone and they could explain the gist of it. It's inane to insist you have to spoonfeed a recap of it before being allowed to do a subversion of it.
>>
>>90361574
>shit writting, show, don't tell.
Thats both a retarded criticism considering plenty of films, novels etc. do this, especially star wars. And not even applicable here when most of his motivation was shown through visual means.

>but never a major vilain.
KGBeast.
>>
>>90361640
It's funny how they say "show don't tell" when it's convenient yet suddenly do a 180 and say "why didn't Superman talk all the time instead of showing his actions???" This is some 1984-esque double think.
>>
>>90361598
>narative

Holly shit, someone can't use the term "safespace" and "DCEU" in the same sentence without you fags believing that it is a conspirancie lead by one person.

It is even more stupid, because (I just looked the first link) and it shows that it was the DCEUfaggot that brought safespace up to begin with, and the other anon just answered him.

Also >>90361453 there are threads older than it.
>>
>>90361640
>Thats both a retarded criticism

>SHOW DON'T TELL is now retarded criticism for snydercucks.

I'm impressed.
>>
>>90361611
>Everyone knows what Batman's deal is.
Not anyone for whom it's their first Batman film, and when you make a piece of mass audience media, that's how it's supposed to be assumed.
And as it's set in a different universe from literally every version of Batman before him, it's not unreasonable to think he can be different, after all Lex is notably different from his previous incarnations.

>spoonfeed
Oh come the fuck on, don't be that guy. A movie telling a complete story without you having to patch in what's missing from whatever headcanon you have about the characters is not spoonfeeding, it's a narrative that's being properly told.

>subversion
That's not what that word means.
>>
>>90361728
yes it really is, its only ever been a problem when its used to give heavy exposition about an event.

Being to dumb to understand a visual narrative is your own problem, not the film/comic/tv show etc.
>>
>>90361640
Star Wars might be the most overrated movies of all time if you focus on the non-visual aspects like writing.
>>
>>90361681
Because Superman talking "show" that he has a personality, opinions, and more human emotions.

It is the entire point of dialogue, to help deliver these things, you are just showing different things. ADAPTING a charcter with him acting OOC in universe (which makes it different from star wars) , without a previous characterization of hopw he acted, is a terrible idea and will just make the audience be stuck with his current actions and charcterizations - that will be weakned by the fact that we never saw his fall.

It is like making Civil War the first movie after Iron Man, without the progression of Tony as a charcter.
>>
>>90361751
>That's not what that word means.
yes it is
>>
>>90361785
oh don't get me wrong they are very overrated, it was just the most obvious example i could think of at the time.
>>
File: Supergrim.png (338KB, 612x692px) Image search: [Google]
Supergrim.png
338KB, 612x692px
>>90361785
Star Wars was a technical miracle when Episode IV first released, it's just a generical rescue the princess story.

The Snyderverse is a murky world of bad costuming and vidya gaem CGI, which is why his films have never been considered for Best Visual effects.
On top of that the storytelling is pure Goyer.

Oscar (who's stock is now all important for DCfriendos suddenly) has never thought highly of Snyder's visuals or cinematography. Because it's shit.
>>
>>90361821
>Because Superman talking "show" that he has a personality, opinions, and more human emotions.
Yep, and he had enough of that in the movie. The perfect amount of exposition. Just because you're used to filler scenes of them explaining the same thing 20 times doesn't mean it's a good thing.
>>
File: fandomtrash.gif (576KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
fandomtrash.gif
576KB, 384x288px
>It's better than the x-men trilogy and the Thor movies

Setting that bar nice and high, I see.
>>
>>90361781
>Being to dumb to understand a visual narrative is your own problem, not the film/comic/tv show etc.
I would say that's not true. When you're making a damn Hollywood action blockbuster, you're supposed to make it in a way that mass audiences will understand it and like it.
As it turns out, being too subtle for its audience or whatever you want to call it definitely IS a problem for BvS when it pushes a large part of the audience to not like it.

Note that I don't subscribe to the idea that BvS is a misunderstood artistically driven subtle masterpiece, I'm saying that if it is, then that's still a mistake.
>>
>>90361640
>KGBeast.
>major vilain

Was he even named on screm?

>>90361781

>Being to dumb to understand a visual narrative is your own problem

All snydercucks arguments end up like this.

Hey mate, read it, the movie sucked, it was really bad while trying to conveys its ideas, and it SHOWS. The simple fact that this arguments. bad reviews, inumerous youtube videos and so exist, SHOWS that they did a bad work in trying to convey the narative. It is called shit execution. You failed as a storyteller, it is like being an artist that dont know how to work with paneling and dynamism.

If you are a sargeant in a war, and you are shit to convey a message or orders, the problem is you, not your soldiers for not getting what you are trying to say. You will be the onbe kicked out.
>>
>>90361861
>Star Wars was a technical miracle when Episode IV first released
So was MoS and BvS. They pushed the boundaries on what was possible for a live action film. If you deny this you are insane.
>>
>>90361869
>filler scenes.
>>
>>90361874
I mean it's technically true since BvS is better than literally all films, and those are films.
>>
>>90361640
>especially star wars.

Just the shitty ones like TFA
>>
>>90361869
>Just because you're used to filler scenes of them explaining the same thing 20 times doesn't mean it's a good thing.
A-fucking-men.

>>90361877
>When you're making a damn Hollywood action blockbuster, you're supposed to make it in a way that mass audiences will understand it and like it.
This might blow your mind, but maybe it's not a Hollywood action blockbuster.
>>
>>90361823
Nope.
It would be subversion if the movie didn't end with Batman realizing his no kill rule was right all along, if the movie was actually questionning that aspect of his morals rather than using him going away from those morals to show he's unhinged.
As is it's barely a peripeteia.
>>
File: Goyer.jpg (25KB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
Goyer.jpg
25KB, 640x330px
>>90361890
To be fair, even Goyer himself considers his storytelling skills to be lacking (he's good at setting up moments, or so he claims).

WB just keeps shoveling money at him, so what's a guy to do?
>>
>>90361897
>They pushed the boundaries on what was possible for a live action film.

A-are you retarded?

Are you underage?

Do you even know MATRIX? It even did it better.
>>
>>90361927
>but maybe it's not a Hollywood action blockbuster.

I wish I had a reaction face to reflect this stupid phrase.
>>
File: quaritch_in_amp_suit_avatar-wide.jpg (316KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
quaritch_in_amp_suit_avatar-wide.jpg
316KB, 1920x1200px
>>90361897
>They pushed the boundaries on what was possible for a live action film

Where's the nomination for Best Visual Effects then?
That's the #1 criteria for winning that award.
The list of nominees are a who's who of visually impressive films.
>>
>>90361927
>This might blow your mind, but maybe it's not a Hollywood action blockbuster.
But it definitely is.
It's produced by a large Hollywood studios, features explosions and fighting heavily (and was marketed as such) and had a gargantuan budget.

What is the Matrix not action because some guy rambles on about God in that too?
>>
>>90361928
You still dont know what that word means, do you.
>>
>>90361877
>I would say that's not true.
And i can quite happily say that you're wrong.
>>
>>90361940
I thought the fucker was exiled to TV Constantine

Then GL happened
>>
File: Snyder (2).jpg (120KB, 593x843px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder (2).jpg
120KB, 593x843px
>>90361999
>BvS is now Religious Drama like The Passion.

Btw, you are arguing with Trolls and Retards.
No one has made a dent in them for the last 1358 days of trying. So unless you are enjoying your anger, you might wanna stop.
>>
>>90361890
>Was he even named on screm?
Yes.

>All snydercucks arguments end up like this.
If you didn't follow bruce's motivations through basic visual key, then yes you are dumb.
>>
>>90362037
And I would say that you must be an executive at WB, because this retarded reasoning is the reasoin for why these movies underperform and are criticaly panned.

If you fail as a storyteller, you can only blame yourself.
>>
>>90361923
no, all of them do, unless you forget what happens at the start of each one.
>>
>>90362058
You didn't seriously think that Terrio put together the Man of Steel script, did you?
He MIGHT have a few minutes of work in the finished product.
MARTHA, drowning horses and whatever Perry White was smoking is pure Goyerkino.
>>
>>90362009
You sure showed me by going "nuh-uh".
Explain to me how showing Batman as not killing to be right can be a subversion of Batman's no-kill rule.
>>
>>90361973
he isnt really wrong in that thinking
>>
File: snyderfags.jpg (1MB, 1319x754px)
snyderfags.jpg
1MB, 1319x754px
>>
>>90362037
Good on you, care to elaborate why making this movie that way was a good move for WB?
>>
>>90362078
>If you didn't follow bruce's motivations through basic visual key, then yes you are dumb.

I would say that you are, if you think that this somehow fix the problem of introducing the audience a new OOC Batman, without context, without wheight on the narrative or development apart from throw away lines.
>>
>>90362095
>because this retarded reasoning is the reasoin for why these movies underperform and are criticaly panned.
i was never even speaking about that, the fuck?

>If you fail as a storyteller, you can only blame yourself.
If you cant follow basic visual narrative, you can only blame yourself
>>
>>90362119
Explain how.
>>
>>90362117
you literally just said it yourself
>>
File: Batman_forever_robin.jpg (50KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_forever_robin.jpg
50KB, 360x450px
>>90362145
On that note I want to know who the genius is who thought general audiences would feel sad that Robin is dead in that universe when the only version most of them have seen is this guy.
>>
>>90362145
How was there no context or impact on the films narrative through these actions?

Quit avoiding the point.
>>
>>90362246
General audiences don't give a shit about Robin. That was for the comic fans.

But then everything else happened.
>>
>>90362246
>On that note I want to know who the genius is who thought general audiences would feel sad that Robin is dead in that universe when the only version most of them have seen is this guy.
1) Most people, including those who have never touched or seen comic book media in their lives know who robin is.
2) His placement in the film was not done with the intention of making the audience "sad".
>>
>>90362191
I most certainly didn't.
Again that's not what subversion is.
>the act of trying to destroy or damage an established system or government:
Which can be expanded to try to destroy or damage the status quo. How does BvS attempt to damage or destroy the status quo that Batman is correct for not killing?
For a more literary definition
>Subversion in literary and cultural theory is usually understood, broadly, as a matter of the reversal of established values, or the insertion of other values into them.
Again, the movie does not revert the no-kill rule as being the correct value, it shows killing as being misguided.

It's not subversion dude, sorry.
>>
>>90362284
>1) Most people, including those who have never touched or seen comic book media in their lives know who robin is.
Yes, it's that whiny asshole >>90362246 or the gay kid from Batman 66.
>2) His placement in the film was not done with the intention of making the audience "sad".
Wasn't it meant to make us sympathize with Batman?
>>
>>90362329
how is a batman that has gone beyond his limit and broken his no kill rule, not a subversion of the mainline view of the character?
>>
>>90362358
>Yes, it's that whiny asshole >>90362246 or the gay kid from Batman 66.
nice.
>Wasn't it meant to make us sympathize with Batman?
Of course not, he's presented as an antagonist for a majority of the movie. All the Robin statue was for was to be a key image in explaining his motivations.
>>
>>90362369
Because precisely it's shown as being wrong and "beyond his limit", hence it doesn't challenge the status quo no-kil Batman as being correct.
A subversive take would not have him revert back to the no-kill rule by the end of the movie.
>>
christ this was a good thread for a bit, its no wonder /co/ is considered the dumbest board
>>
File: atla-zuko.png (203KB, 655x486px) Image search: [Google]
atla-zuko.png
203KB, 655x486px
>>90362425
>nice.
My point exactly.

You can't sympathize with antagonists? What new shit is this now?
If you understand his motivations coming from him losing his friend/ward/son, then that's you sympathizing with him.
>>
>>90362439
but the character believes himself to be correct in his actions, making it a subversion, regardless weather or not he regretted his actions later on.
>>
>>90362487
> regardless weather or not he regretted his actions later on.
What? Why regardless?
Why is the moral of the movie regarding the no kill rule irrelevant here?

A subversuion is a reversal of values, not a doubt in those values that's almost immediately changed back into certainty. The movie does not at any time show Batman killing to be a sane, correct choice.
>>
>>90362480
>My point exactly.
I wasn't commending you.

>You can't sympathize with antagonists? What new shit is this now?
The only point you are really given to have sympathy for the character is once he see's and regrets his past transactions. Though, ill admit yo make a good argument with your last comment, i don't feel that was the intention meant with the sequence.
>>
>>90362425
>you cant sympathize with an antagonist
>the scene was not meant to sympathize with Bat

DAMN, snydercucks really no nothing of storytelling, and even get their movie wrong.
>>
>>90354213
> The fact that people say its bad kind of blows my mind

It depends on how you watch it. It really does.

I don't mean whether you see it in theaters or not, I mean where you are willing to just sit back and let the spectacle roll over you, or if you pay attention to scene crafting and editing and shit.

This is why critics hated it, because by definition critiquing the movie is their job. Because if you watch BvS with an understanding of writing or structure you better have a bottle of something strong to get you through it.

Lets ignore stuff that goes against the comics, because this is a re-interpretation. Lets ignore the dreary tone and weird casting choices. Fuck it, lets even ignore MARTHA.

The dialog in this movie is fucked. There are multiple scenes where characters talk with no relation whatsover to what the other person is saying. You could put the characters in separate rooms and the dialog would play out the same.

The scene structure in this movie is fucked. Scene structure is all about in late, out early. You focus on the important part of whats happening, get your payoff, and rush off to the next scene to keep the pace up. But the first third of BvS is full to the brim with scenes that end on some big dramatic line for the sake of having a big dramatic line, when that big dramatic line has absolutely no relation to anything that happened in the scene building up to it and in a couple of cases OUTRIGHT CONTRADICTS THE ENTIRE PREVIOUS CONVERSATION.

And the progress of plot events going forward is really disjointed. You have a basically coherent arc of buildup leading to the courthouse scene, and everything after that is a mess of 'because the plot says so' that goes off in its own direction. The big title fight happens because of a forced confrontation, ends on a wet fart, and then we hop over to a totally unrelated fight against a lightening troll because why not?

Its a very flawed movie.
>>
>>90362550
>I wasn't commending you.
I wasn't implying you were.
I was pointing out that general audiences have a bad image of Robin.

Ah my mistake, I used "sympathize" instead of "empathize", I always do that.
>>
>>90362547
>Why is the moral of the movie regarding the no kill rule irrelevant here?
never said it was.

>not a doubt
It was a bit more than just doubting his actions there bud.

>The movie does not at any time show Batman killing to be a sane, correct choice.
Except it literally does from the point of view of the character.
>>
>>90362559
holy shit, can you fucking spell?
>>
>>90362591
>But the first third of BvS is full to the brim with scenes that end on some big dramatic line for the sake of having a big dramatic line, when that big dramatic line has absolutely no relation to anything that happened in the scene building up to it
Reminded me of this
https://youtu.be/38Cy_Qlh7VM
>>
>>90362591
>he scene structure in this movie is fucked. Scene structure is all about in late, out early. You focus on the important part of whats happening, get your payoff, and rush off to the next scene to keep the pace up. But the first third of BvS is full to the brim with scenes that end on some big dramatic line for the sake of having a big dramatic line, when that big dramatic line has absolutely no relation to anything that happened in the scene building up to it and in a couple of cases OUTRIGHT CONTRADICTS THE ENTIRE PREVIOUS CONVERSATION.
>And the progress of plot events going forward is really disjointed. You have a basically coherent arc of buildup leading to the courthouse scene, and everything after that is a mess of 'because the plot says so' that goes off in its own direction. The big title fight happens because of a forced confrontation, ends on a wet fart, and then we hop over to a totally unrelated fight against a lightening troll because why not?

I atribute this to Snyder (and) Goyer directing and writting the movie as a bunch of "trailer scenes" meshed together.
>>
>>90362591
You say things, but give no examples. Everyone "critiquing" this movie is just all "blah, blah writing, blah, blah editing", and doesn't really discuss what is bad.

And then when they do, it's some stupid meme about no establishing shots or whatever, or some awful preconception they had about the characters like "Batman wouldn't do this" or "Superman should have known this".

And besides, critics themselves hardly ever complained about things like "scene crafting" or "editing". They usually just said they hated the movie because it was big and loud like Michael Bay, whom they believe to be the anti-Christ.
>>
>>90362599
I honestly feel that most people that remember Robin from either of the two sources you presented would be at least light comic fans to begin with. Robin is a much more universally known character than i think you realise.

>Ah my mistake, I used "sympathize" instead of "empathize", I always do that.
Same honestly.
>>
>>90362623
>never said it was.
The "regardless" part certainly implies you didn't take it into account when understanding the intended message.

>Except it literally does from the point of view of the character.
The movie's narrative isn't inside Batman's head, subversion is meta, it's not about some character changing his mind and being clearly portrayed as being wrong, it's about what was before portrayed as wrong now being portrayed as right.
>>
>>90362591
please actually give some examples to all these points.
>>
>>90362733
>Robin from either of the two sources you presented would be at least light comic fans to begin with.
Most people in their 30s or older have watched the Schumacher movies at some point and only a fraction of those ever read comics.

>Robin is a much more universally known character than i think you realise.
He's a more famous Aquaman: people know him more from pop culture jokes at his expanse than from anything they liked him in.
>>
File: 1477060940938.jpg (227KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1477060940938.jpg
227KB, 900x675px
>>90362711
>stupid meme about no establishing shots
>>
>>90362623

Bruce keeps defending his actions throughout the movie with bs rhetoric a la Dick Cheney to justify his crusade, in attempt to make himself still look like a hero who has a worthy legacy.
>>
>>90358534
Do your entire argument comes down to parroting a line count you read on Reddit?
>>
>>90362821
What does this mean?

The movie has establishing shots. And not ALL scenes need establishing shots. Everyone just started parroting it after Half in the Bag said it.
>>
>>90362936
I was assuming you thought establishing shots weren't actually useful in a movie and therefor mocking you.
>>
>>90362936
>The movie has establishing shots.

The movie has 6 fucking scenes on the Dayly Planet, that all together take more or less 2 minutes.
>>
>>90362591
I really like how many of the arguments against BvS are huge appeals to authority.

>CRITICS DIDNT LIKE IT SO ITS BAD. ONLY A DUMMY WOULD HATE THIS MOVIE. THEREFORE YOU BETTER SAY YOU HATE IT OR YOURE DUMB
>>
>>90362769

That would require me to go back and rewatch the movie specifically to take citations so I can write you an essay. I'm not willing to do that shit for this thread.
>>
>>90362994
Is this bait?
>>
>>90362711
>And besides, critics themselves hardly ever complained about things like "scene crafting" or "editing". They usually just said they hated the movie because it was big and loud like Michael Bay,
This. Pretty much every negative critic review opens by comparing the movie to Adam West Batman. I never read a single critical review that mentioned anything technical. The closest they come is that the scenes are just "too much".

All of the composition jargon is shit invented by film school students and SJWs to justify their hate for a movie that wasn't like their funny pages and didn't pass the Bechdel test.
>>
>>90363016
>HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME! WE'RE IN CHARGE HERE! NOW FALL IN LINE AND HATE THE MOVIE LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO!

absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>90362994

So, I'm guessing you just saw that the post contained the word 'critics' and just immediately stopped reading and ran off to complain about the post you dreamed up in your head?
>>
@90363047
Yep, bait.
>>
File: 1479188142374.gif (2MB, 400x197px) Image search: [Google]
1479188142374.gif
2MB, 400x197px
>>90362994
>critics didn't like it
>appeal to authority/paid by Disney
>audiences were divided at best
>appeal to masses/Disney fanboys/2deep4them
>I didn't like it
>you're a pleb/retard/notmuh fanboy/Disney shill
>here's what I think was wrong with the movie
>those don't count because reasons/Don't you have anything better to do you autist?
>>
>>90363040
>All of the composition jargon is shit invented by film school students and SJWs to justify their hate for a movie that wasn't like their funny pages and didn't pass the Bechdel test.
>>
>>90363167
>>90363185
SEETHING
>>
>>90360378
How was Doomsday even restrained? He wasn't trying to leave, he wanted to kill them. So when WW lassoed him why didn't he just fucking rush her? That whole thing was retarded.
>>
>>90363472
>MEMEING
>>
I liked it, all that matters to me
>>
I disliked it, all that matters to me.
Thread posts: 247
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.