[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will they ever peak again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ytv.png (102KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
ytv.png
102KB, 246x275px
Will they ever peak again?
>>
Why would you want them to *peak* again?
Wouldn't it be better if they just kept improving?
>>
Well they were just sort of a Canadian version of Nickelodeon.
So I'm not sure what that makes them now that there's a literal Nickelodeon Canada.
>>
Have you seen what our cable looks like?
It's shit. It's shit, and unless some sort of big cartoon boom happens in the Canadian industry, YTV won't peak again.
>>
90% of the channels content is live action children's sitcoms, nick cartoons and cheap flash stuff. What the hell happened? This channel used to air Buffy, Gundam, Samurai Jack, all the DC shows and Smallville. Now it's basically Nickelodeon Canada without even the good Canadian stuff like Reboot or Yvonne of the Yukon or any of the mainframe stuff.

When I was a kid I never watched any of the kid sitcoms, as I found them boring and hated live action stuff in general. I wouldn't even watch the channel now exempt SpongeBob and probably loud house if I was a kid. Canadians Unite! Make YTV great again!
>>
not without sugar
RIP
>>
>>90353542
Is Carlos still the host of the Zone?
>>
>>90354139
Seems like it.
I thought they got rid of those guys when they get too old.
>>
>>90354029

Same thing happened with family channel, it's now Disney channel 2.0.

We need another government mandate for original Canadian cartoons.

>>90354219

robots don't age
>>
https://youtu.be/oxzhhcuJOHg
>>
>>90354029

They also used to have more mature/adult live action shows at night and anime aimed at teenagers/older audiences. But I think things went down hill because parents complained about shows being too violent/mature and whatnot.

The point where things went downhill for the channel was when they started airing Inuyasha. At one point there was a big red-ish disclaimer saying that if there were any complaints about what was being aired to call said phone number.

Back then most anime started airing at 10:00/10:30 and later. Inuyasha was pushed to a later time slot I think, but after that big red sign appeared it really made parents more aware of what was airing on TV.
>>
>>90354242
Family got rid of all their Disney content last year. They're arguably more mature than YTV is right now.
>>
>>90354139
How long has he been there? Nearly 20 years?
>>
File: 1271812294244.png (403KB, 471x555px) Image search: [Google]
1271812294244.png
403KB, 471x555px
>>90354333
Midnight britcoms!
>>
>>90354242

The Family Channel has actually gone back to being more like it used to be with some live action shows that kids wouldn't care about.
>>
>>90354047
You know, at some point in my life I had the realization that "Leaving for Hollywood" was probably just a "Sent to a farm" way of saying fired, but then Sugar actually is in films??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fK1DeSMCXk
>>
>>90354825
Did you think Sugar would lie to you, anon?
>>
>>90355672
To be fair, I kinda thought her trip to Japan was fake until she came back with evidence. I mean, why would a Canadian kids channel pay to send people anywhere?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.