[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legion talkback thread maybe:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 6

File: legion poster.jpg (118KB, 503x755px) Image search: [Google]
legion poster.jpg
118KB, 503x755px
Episode 4 synopsis
>David's in trouble, while his friends search for answers.

More notmojo/shadowking incoming.
>>
>>90348521
is there a mega up?
>>
>>90348521
Anyone gotta stream?
>>
So is anything going to actually happen this episode or nah?
>>
>>90349003
This
>>90348713
I dont think it has begun yet.
>>
>>90348521
Why does this thread get 4 posts and the arrow one gets 200?
>>
>>90349584
Because people have bad taste.
>>
File: 80 Shrug.jpg (21KB, 599x448px) Image search: [Google]
80 Shrug.jpg
21KB, 599x448px
>>90349584
Arrow just aired?
>>
>>90349584
because there's more to complain about
>>
>>90350213
This
>>
>Jemaine voiceover commercial

So he's going to be the Charles stand-in who either fucked with David before or unknowingly encountered David and got Devil Eyes'd, right?
>>
So I'm think each personality in this version won't control a power per se but will get control of David and just use his powers as they will

although so far Lennie seems to prefer Precognition and Gold Eyes likes mental powers
>>
The opening sequences for this are the absolute best.
>>
This is gonna be a bad acid trip isn't it
>>
>>90351355
He's Melanie's (late) husband.
>>
>are we still in David's mind

there's the horror factor
>>
>>90351638
boy that's up for debate.
>>
>David is actually a master-ruseman

Can it be?
>>
>>90351732
he isn't.

but his father is/was.
>>
Why isn't this show more popular for talkbacks?
Is it the 10pm timeslot
>>
>>90351687
Nigga he was cast as Oliver Bird.
>>
>>90351761
The non-linear storytelling produces less things to react to.

Legion also isn't a big character.
>>
>Jemaine's drink turns to ice immediately
>Frozen himself in ice

So he's stuck in the astral plane isn't he, or else he got Sylar'd by The Eye
>>
>>90351795
I meant the "(late)" son
>>
>>90351761
People who would be interested in it are watching The Expanse right now.
>>
>>90351829
I think he's floating around somewhere
>>
Those prison cells look uncomfortable as fuck, geez...
>>
Nice ass
>>
>Doggo isn't real

the horror
>>
>>90351936
why you do this to me show
>>
>Your dog, he spoke of him often.
>Doctor, we didn't have a dog.

FUCK.
>>
>Pupper personality

oh fuck
>>
>>90351936
DOGGO WAS REAL TO ME DAMMIT
>>
It's like he can separate his id and give it a body.
>>
>WIFE IT IS I.
>I HAVE FOUND THE ASTRAL PLANE
>...AND IT IS SHINY
>>
I think David inadvertently put them all in his mind prison for the first part of the season.
>>
Many episode in the season?
>>
>>90351859
ah my bad mijo
>>
>>90352148
8 I think, too lazy to check
>>
>>90352152
yeah I figured he wasn't dead but this was a surprise.
>>
So Scuba man is lost on the astral plane.
>>
Eyy time for more Jermaine
>>
WHO LIVES IN AN ICE CUBE IN THE ASTRAL PLANE?
>MR. BIRD
WHO...well...shit.
>>
The bad news is we're here forever

The good news is that we have eachother
>>
Was that "Whiplash" ?
>>
Is this post-avante jazzcore or progressive dreamfunk?
>>
>avant-garde jazz
>>
>>90352334
>How do you feel about beat poetry?
>>
>He can't get you in here.
>He?
>The monster.

!
>>
So the fatso is the Yellow King?
>>
I appreciate that this ep is going places, my only real complaint till now has been the slow pace.
>>
>now Lenny never existed

What even is going on.
>>
>Benny is Lenny
>>
Shit just keeps happening!
>>
Syd met Lenny. She's real
>>
>>90352766
>>90352750
Ok I gotta know how far back you people are, cuz I've had an entire commercial break since that revelation.
>>
>>90352775
Syd also briefly shared a mind with David, and if the angry child personality is any indication, clearly his crazy is leaking and infecting her mind

her memories are as unreliable as his now
>>
>Aubrey is a a fucking slob dude

???
>>
>>90352775
It's not a question of if Lenny existed: she definitely did. It's just that she's not the same Benny from the past, and SOMEHOW, David (or someone else) either replaced Benny with Lenny or changed their gender.
>>
>>90352790
I just got to the commercial break where they find Dr. Pool
>>
>>90352775
or did David see Melanie meet lenny?
"sorry I killed your friend ". no pronouns.
>>
>>90352377

Astral Jazzstep
>>
>>90351936
So was King the Devil in disguise so it could stay by David all the time? That close up of his face was kind of ominous. Then it switched to Lenny?
>>
>That dance sequence

I hope Jermaine comes back sometime in the rest of the episodes.
>>
>I can't see out my one eye.

...OH SHIT RUN.
>>
Oh fuck, the Eye can create illusions
>>
Also I'm pretty sure now that the show airs a full 2-3 minutes ahead in Canada.
>>
Wait so are those Division 3 dudes imaginary or real with the way they're kicking her ass after the beat-down?
>>
>>90352961
never trust an obama looking man
>>
>>90353072
No, that's just what would really happen if a 100-something pound girl tried to fight a fully armed SWAT team bare handed.
>>
>>90353126
alas poor ms. furious
>>
When did Rotten Tomatoes become a viable review source?
>>
That poor weird double body person.
>>
>Blow me
>I don't swing that way bro. But I could be talked into a circle jerk!
>>
>>90353161
Right around Suicide Squad came out. Seriously.
>>
>>90353161
When people started believing that is was, just like every other source.
>>
Whhaaaaaa
>>
Hol' up

When she switches bodies it's not just a mind switch, but a physical switch?
>>
What a tweest
>>
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
To everyone who said this show was going to slow: suck it.
>>
>>90353275
it starts mind and then becomes physical
>>
>>90353275
yeah this got explained when Not X-Men had David in the back seat but it turned into her and she turned back into David in the pilot.
>>
>>90353275
I don't think it's a mind switch, I think it's actually a really slow teleportation.
>>
You still unconvinced Lenny is the Yellow Eyed Demon?
>>
>>90353317
David felt her tits. It's a mental then physical switch

>>90353327
Who's the fatty then? Same person?
>>
>Lenny can show David fake futures

So what did Benny do that he (maybe) became the basis for The Devil with Yellow Eyes?
>>
I loved this episode but think the eye running away at the end is pretty dumb.

reminder, the best we can hope for is the show getting picked up by Netflix after getting canceled. ratings have continued to decline.
>>
the next episode looks great
>>
>>90353335
They both are, Lenny is the result of him altering David's memories and replacing various people David knows to get trust.
>>
>>90353347
whatever. The Eye's like a low-key Mastermind from X2. He can fuck with some people but he knows David's the last thing he wants to make see things.
>>
>>90353347
Anything over one bullet is a high capacity magazine and illegal now. Thanks Obama.

fire once, and throw the gun away.
>>
>>90353335
Who, the Devil himself? He and Lenny are the same, Lenny is just how he wants David to see him. Why is he a gateway for David's power though? Oliver called him a parasite, is it because he's leeching all of David's power in his head? Or is he a manifestation of David's fear of his own power?
>>
>>90348521
I don't get this at all. It's supposed to be tied to the X-Men films, so how come nobody says mutants or other X-Men terms?
>>
>>90353646
They do use the term mutants...where you even watching?
>>
>>90353646
It's not directly tied to the X-Men films yet. It's its own discrete canon. However we're receiving all our information from an unreliable narrator who can warp reality by accident. So who knows where it'll end up.
>>
Is the frozen scuba diver and the astral ice cube prison from the comic? And didn't the earrings David's old girlfriend was wearing look like the chain he climbed to get to the ice cube?
>>
So is /co/s interest in this show dead now? I've still only seen the first episode but have the others in my DVR. Should I even waste my time at this point?
>>
>>90354965
Yeah, watch it.

Also, did no one realize that they said that the dog's name is King?!
>>
I still think that almost every single cast member here is made up by David and we would get real x-men in the next season after a big "I literally made them all" reveal.
>>
>>90353658
I think this is near the beginning of mutantdom, when people were first learning about mutants. In real time, the X-men probably just got formed.
>>
>My girlfriend likes to watch LEgion with me
>I'm really curious to see it and we'll pobably just gonna see it friday
i'm gonna bite the bullet, she's asleep and she won't notice
>>
Reminder that anyone who thinks The Devil with the Yellow Eyes is the Shadow King/Mojo/Fiend is retarded
>>
>>90356394
>Parasyte that's feeding off a telepath
>Made himself into a dog called king to stay with David
>Not Shadow King
>>
>>90356477
It may or might not be the Shadow King but that would be so boring to me. It's like wow, this whole time it wasn't David who was fucked up, it was just some random antag who was evil and was fucking with his brain.

Well, lets dedicate the last half of the series/season to defeating the great big bad evil guy and then live happily ever after!
>>
>>90356513
or:

>David was already screwed up. The Shadow King just took advantage of an open door.
>>
>>90356513
>>90356605
>David was already screwed up. The Shadow King just took advantage of an open door.
And i just finished the episode, it's definitely someone else fucking with him, just look at how ~lenny~ is saying she has places to be and shit, it wouldn't make sense for him to just be a personality
>>
This episode was great, this show is pretty amazing
>>
>>90356513
What's wrong with that again?
>>
File: Ghost_of_Captain_Cutler.png (388KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_of_Captain_Cutler.png
388KB, 720x540px
>Captain Cuttler out of no where
>>
So it's pretty clear at this point Lenny is the Yellow Eyed Demon. But the Yellow Eyed Demon looks like a grotesque version of Benny (in the brief moments we saw him). Did David somehow absorb Benny, or was the demon created by Benny pushing him to do things like attack the Doctor?
>>
This might be a nothing, but Shadow King hasn't appeared in 616 since David left...
>>
>>90357148
Didn't he get eaten by the Panther God, before that?
>>
>>90356394
They haven't even been subtle about it being the Shadow King. It's possible it's all just a big red herring, but I wouldn't count on it.
>>
>>90357302
He's a naturally occurring manifested consciousness of the psychic plane itself, and you know X-Men comic-book deaths...
>>
>>90355274
This.
For fuck's sake, his "sister" is married to a pirate.
It's either a homemade alt-U or "madman's dream" twist.

(And what is with all the genderbend?)
>>
>>90356983
For what it's worth the Yellow Eyed Demon was implied to be with David since he was a toddler at least, in the opening of the first episode it was one of the toys with him as a baby, and it started rolling over to face the camera just as the scene changed to older David.

>>90357443
>his "sister" is married to a pirate.
That was Halloween, but I agree this is all a struggle Davis's going through in his mindscape or maybe a Professor X influenced mind therapy.
>>
>>90356477
I think you mean
>Parasite that's feeding off a telepath
>Is David, in a sense.
>Astral plane shit
>Fucks with him psychologically, erases his memories, etc..
>Not a Mummudrai

http://xmenrebirth.wikia.com/wiki/Mummudrai
>>
>>90358008
Wasn't that the same Halloween memory that The-Angriest-Boy-In-The-World attacked Boy-David in?
>>
Am I the only one that really really wants the DYE to not be a comic character? The show is working out quite well without any attachments to the comic and I don't want people to weigh it down with expectations for comic-related shit
>>
>>90358640
That's true, but there's quite a few hints for Shadow King now:

>false dog called "King"

>Jemaine mentions that some sort of parasite is attacking David

>astral plane

That's a lot of hints.
>>
>>90358596
No it was before Summerland when David got out of the mental institution and went to stay at his sister's house. There were trick-or-treaters in front of him at her door.
>>
Do you think they will ever reveal David's real dad in the show?
>>
File: legion-devil-yellow-eyes.jpg (25KB, 904x511px) Image search: [Google]
legion-devil-yellow-eyes.jpg
25KB, 904x511px
>>90358640
Yeah I'd prefer if David created that thing inside his head on his own.

The stars speaking to David as a child could be related to the DYE's origins since it got so triggered by the question "what did the stars say?" that it got David to break into his doctor's home and destroy the tapes of their sessions, although that might contradict how he's shown with the Devil next to him as a toddler.
>>
>What did the Stars say?
So I keep thinking about cosmic horror and existential dread everytime this is brought up
Is this something that is mentioned in the comic?
>>
Jemaine was fucking gold in every single scene. What a champ
>>
I think Lenny really existed, but was absorbed/co-opted by the DYE during the first episode.
>>
>>90358663
I bet jemaine is actually Farouk what he was wearing was too similar not to have any significance
>>
>>90356795
But it makes sense.
Think of Tyler from fight club.
He was a personality, but he did what he wanted.
Syd said that there are gaps in Davids mind because he's hiding something, maybe he has those gaps because he was not in control.
>>
>>90349584
Legion is better watched without commercial breaks.
>>
this show is 2kino4me
>>
>>90349681

Nah I have noticed the more number of posts/posters in talkback thread , the more interest people have in the show
>>
>>90351761

Its getting too Kino, people are used to more structured weekly shows
>>
>>90352750
>>90352766
>>90352775

He fucked up his memory, maybe they are both real
>>
>>90351761

for me personally it's the lack of a stream. have to wait for the torrents after it has aired. I don't even own a TV, and so obviously don't have cable or FX channel either
>>
>>90353161

Since IMDB became unreliable source to know from its ratings.

RT is a review aggregator so it basically tells whether the movie got more good review than bad or vice versa through its ratings
>>
>>90353275

The show does a lousy job of explaining anything and becomes confusing for explaining other stuff as well, when the main mindfuck plot itself is hard to follow as it is

How did the lack memory guy even extract memory from an object? Like nigger objects dont have brains to store memories, they dont even have eye to store it in visual form
>>
>>90353646
>. It's supposed to be tied to the X-Men films

It WAS supposed to be but they changed it to an alternate universe
>>
>>90354965

After the second episode, interest seemed to have waned a little. If you are not interested in continuing after watching the first episode then you might as well drop it

The pilot was the best episode, following episodes were good but the pace is slower than I want it to be and they are interested in doing more visual mindfuckery than advancing the plot

I feel like they had plot worth of 3-4 episodes max and they are trying to stretch that for 8 episodes
>>
>>90353646
people have said mutants and referenced them existing for some time. The X-men just haven't been brought up.
>>
Fuck, this show keeps getting better with each episode. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled.
>>
>>90355274

I think time travel has been foreshadowed in some previous episode so I have a feeling they will do some time travel shenanigans for the finale
>>
>>90356394

the dog name being King cant be a coincidence
>>
>>90357443
>"sister"

You dont think its his sister?
>>
>>90349584

Arrow had a big villain reveal this episode, so plenty to talk about

Not even sure whats going on in this show tbqh
>>
>>90353347
>The Eye
With that name, could he be based on Ruth's brother?
>>
>>90363499
>How did the lack memory guy even extract memory from an object?

it was through Syd

he made her put her hand on it, and she had seen David's memories (or perhaps false memories or hallucinations) from his time in the shrink's office
>>
>>90363328
Honestly, it's better watched after the fact. It's lame to miss out on the talkback, but considering the talkbacks for this show are practically non-existent, it's better to just wait the extra couple hours and watch it in HD without the commercials.
>>
>>90363399
>IMDB became unreliable
Why
>>
>>90364750

Because its a single source so they are likely to have narrowed opinion

RT consider all major reviews and gives a rating according to that. Also Rt doesnt give rating for the quality of the movie it just shows whether a movie has more good reviews or bad, so it becomes a better source to decide whether or not to watch the movie instead of relying on an individual review source
>>
File: Sans titre.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Who is this actor please?
>>
I am liking the show a lot, but a little bit of world building could go a long way. Not every character need to be as cryptic as David.
>>
>>90366133
>Not every character need to be as cryptic as David.

I am guessing all those characters turn out to be inside his head so they are revealing as little as they can. But it can get tiresome
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.