[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blue Beetle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

So what's everyone's opinion on the New Blue Beetle comic? I haven't really seen anyone talk about it. I've read a little bit of it and the comic itself is way better then the Rebirth issue; also the artstyle is miles better then the New 52 run, actually matches the tone which is really nice.
>>
Its a low lower middle class giffen comic. better than the last series but still nowhere near the first.
>>
Would read it if they brought back the original Reach.
>>
>>90324322
More or less the case.

I'm enjoying it, but doing a new origin mystery hurts the book.
Love the JL3K references.
>>
File: 1488284433480.jpg (111KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1488284433480.jpg
111KB, 786x1017px
Better than New 52, nowhere near as good as the original. Wish they would make up their mind about whether Kaji-Da is alien tech or magic or magitech. My main issue is with the tone and dialogue. Everyone is constantly snarking at and/or outright insulting and yelling at each other, which makes it feel like they all hate each other. It goes against the original run's emphasis on Jaime's really strong network of friends and family supporting him.

Also, the art is pretty bad. A good example, it makes Brenda look diseased. I know she's a ginger and is supposed to have a pretty liberal sprinkling of freckles, but they end up looking like nasty scars or boils.
>>
I wanted to like it due to it being a big part of the rebirth one shot, but it's not really that good. I like Jamie and was hoping he'd get a new ongoing, but the story is super decompressed and goes nowhere and nothing seems to happen. Also the dialogue is awful and it seems like they're trying to be witty but it comes off more like everyone hates each other and is seconds away from killing each other. It's supposed to be snark but everyone sounds like an ass hole. Overall, super disappointed, and I hope it becomes more fun and tighter paced in the future
>>
>>90323833
It isn't unsalvageable, but man is it disappointing in its current form. I hope DC has the awareness to see the strong foundation this book has laid. Would love if they give it to a different writer and penciller. Like >>90325967 said, the art ranges from mediocre to awful and Kollins can not into action scenes. I think Giffen's writing has gotten bland and erratic in the past few years. The first half of JL3K may be the last good comics he'll write. I hope that's not the case.
>>
>John Rogers will never come back to comics
Life is pain.
>>
I think Dr Fate needs to get off this book and get a solo. Also a bit weird that they can't decide if the scarab is tech or dark magic
>>
Young Justice not only had a better Blue Beetle, but had a better version of the Reach.
>>
>>90326788
And it was still a pale imitation of the original run
>>
>>90326768
>and get a solo
There just was one.

And DC let it run for like 18 issues despite the terrible sales.
>>
>>90326838
But it's a better grasp of the character than Rebirth's Blue Beetle has been. I like the idea of Ted/Jamie. I do. But I'd rather see Jamie with Ty and Ted kinda trying to be a mentor, with Booster showing up every now and again.

Dr. Fate needs to fuck off though.
>>
>>90327088
Ty was fucking pointless

And I'm still mad at Rebirth for not using Paco or Brenda well at all
>>
File: 1476979842745.jpg (32KB, 300x344px) Image search: [Google]
1476979842745.jpg
32KB, 300x344px
I want Peacemaker back. I liked the mentor/student dynamic he and Jaime had. It was far more enjoyable than Ted/Jaime.
>>
>>90327140
>not wanting Ty to be the new Apache Chief/Long Shadow.
I don't even know. And I agree, they've both been wasted as well.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.