[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never saw Futurama while it was airing. I only caught a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: fu2.gif (68KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fu2.gif
68KB, 1024x768px
I never saw Futurama while it was airing. I only caught a few episodes on TV, never really knew anything past the basics. Since I had some free time I decided to watch the show because I liked The Simpsons.

I'm on the 3rd season right now, and at its best this show is really great. I love the characters, all of them. But Jesus, most episodes that focus on Bender are so fucking boring. I feel like these kind of episodes also creep up way too often. Does anyone else feel the same way? I don't even dislike Bender, but there's something about his episodes that just don't interest me.
>>
Futurama is better than Simpsons
>>
Bender is one of those characters the writers fall in love with to the something of the rest of the show. It's unfortunate when that happens, though the quality of the writing makes it not as bad as some other shows.
>>
>>90292505
I feel the same way so far as well, so far the first season was definitely the best though, it didn't have an episode I outright disliked or found boring.

Sadly S3 had about 4 episodes I just didn't like that much. Last one I watched was Leela becoming a pro athlete or whatever. So boring.
>>
>>90292583
>Leela as a pro athlete

Huh I don't even remember this. Had to look it up. Must have been an amazingly mediocre episode to not even remember the basic premise of it.
>>
>>90292687
The set-up was really forced and confusing, it wouldn't have worked as a B-plot, let alone the main plot. Hell I don't think there was a B plot in the episode, I wasn't paying much attention towards the end though.
>>
>>90292752
It honestly sounds like they came up with the title pun first and then forced an episode based on that alone.
>>
>>90292583
Season 3 actually has a huge lag in it (from Bendless Love to a Anthology of Interest II) where it feels much more mediocre compared to everything else pre-cancellation. Its super noticeable when you go through and watch the series again. It picks back up with Roswell that Ends Well, but its a pretty huge quality gap
>>
'War is the H Word' is my fave episode by far
>That Lee Lemon x Zapp
>Mix these mixed nuts
>No.2 Daffodil
>Don't ask me, you're the ones who'll be dying
and so on
>>
The Devils Hands are Idle Playthings is the best episode in the series, and should've ended with it

"You can't just have your characters shout how they feel! That makes me angry!"
>>
>>90293277
>it's not ironic, it's just coincidental
>it's not ironic, it's just mean
>the use of words expressing something other than their literal intention... Now that is irony
>>
>>90292411
>I don't even dislike Bender, but there's something about his episodes that just don't interest me
He really works better as a supporting character. Whenever the episode focuses on him, it just feels obnoxious.
>>
>>90296184
>>90292411
Same for me. I used to love Futurama a lot, but upon rewatching it I got really tired of how much time is spent focusing on Bender. It seems to take extreme effort on the writers' part to not have him just run away with every single plot line and joke that isn't nailed down. And I get that's part of his overall shtick but it really wears on me.
>>
>>90292505
for sure
the episodes that came from the return were almost as good as the originals
>>
>>90292411

it's pretty good but any time they try to make a sad episode à la Jurassic bark it comes off as forced and i really don't understand the love behind those episodes
>>
Bender became a meme, but Godfellas is a god tier episode.
>>
File: 1475840804580.png (91KB, 1250x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1475840804580.png
91KB, 1250x1012px
>>90292411
>NEW REVIEW
>>
>>90292411
You're absolutely correct and the constant Bender wanking is part of the reason the post-cancellation episodes suck outside of a select few.
>>
>>90292505
Futurama > American Dad > Family Guy > Simpsons
>>
>>90300183
Early Simpsons is better than American Dad and Family Guy
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.