[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Simpsons quality drop so hard compared to nearly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: simpsons_640x360.jpg (30KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons_640x360.jpg
30KB, 400x225px
Why did the Simpsons quality drop so hard compared to nearly every other mature cartoon?

Whatever your opinion on South Park/Futurama/Family Guy's later seasons, theyre never accused of being "Zombie Shows" like the Simpsons is.
>>
>>90283042
Family Guy is a zombie show. Just like Simpsons and Spongebob, FG has had all its characters flanderized to hell and now everyone is fucking unlikeable.
Futurama kept character development throughout the show and delivered on emotional moments. It's way better than the Simpsons and ended it's story up nicely.
And South Park is shit.
They should have moved to Netflix or some shit when they moved to a MOVIE as the season format
Also they won't make fun of Trump because "he's too hard to satirize" but it's really because they're too pussy to stop sucking his teat
>>
>>90283042
Shows like South Park and Family Guy were never as good as Simpsons was so they didn't have as far to fall.
>>
>>90283115
Kinda this, especially in the example of Futurama, to the point where Fry spells it out in the Single Female Lawyer episode. New things make people feel insecure and stupid, the Status Quo *must* be upheld, et. all.

The Simpsons broke alot of new ground when they arrived, but they were always a sitcom and still pretty limited because they couldn't have the plot/character development advance. Bart and Lisa--or really any of the cast-- never age; almost every guest character except Sideshow Bob (who serves as a once a season villain, basically) who showed up and changed the lives of a family member is never seen or in the rare cases they do, they still only have agency in two-three episodes spread out over several seasons.

And when they tried to stick new developments, it was basically tweaking one small thing but the rest was the same. Lisa's vegetarianism/Buddhism/et all became joke material more than plot material, Barney became an alcoholic again at SOME point-- shit, the only permanent thing I can think of was Milhouse's parents divorcing, but even that was still playing the same tune of how pathetic his dad is. Bart and Marge are probably the worst sufferers of this; he's never going to be anything more than an anagram for brat because he can't develop past it, and Marge is always, ALWAYS dealing with whatever stupid shit Homer is up to. Even if they reconcile, even if Bart has a moment to shine, by the next episode, who cares?
>>
>>90283042
Family Guy's quality has dropped harder than the Simpsons and the only people who disagree are in denial.

You can find people who will argue modern Simpsons is in an upswing. You will not find the same with Family Guy.
>>
Futurama sucked after CC revived it.
Family Guy has been bad for years.
South Park keeps going up and down, a rollercoaster of quality.
>>
>>90284181
Well I mean Ned's Wife is dead and his second Wife is also dead.
>>
>>90284569
Okay, I grant you that but both of those circumstances were created when A) the studio was under the impression her voice actress was quitting the show and B) the voice actress passed away, so they HAD to change it.
>>
>>90283042
>theyre never accused of being "Zombie Shows" like the Simpsons is.

That's because Family Guy was never good, South Park has managed to distract people from its drop in quality by being political, and Futurama ended before it could really get bad.
>>
>>90284181
Milhouses parents got back together.
>>
>>90284542
Futurama was decent after CC. The show at it's worst were the movies
>>
>>90284266
The difference is that theres a clear consensus on what peak Simpsons is. Seasons 3-9 is understood to be the best by everyone, including the shows creators.

Ask 100 people what peak Family Guy was, get 100 different answers.
>>
>>90283042
There's still plenty of arguments over those shows' quality, but The Simpsons was a cultural juggernaut.
>>
>>90285533
This i can understand
>>
>>90285533
>>90288680
(comment split to bump the thread)

but the reverse is also true, though most people will call between 3 and 9 the peak, you will get literally 20 different answers if asked what thelast watchable season is. Peopke who stop at 6, 9, 12, people who think 8 to 10 are great vs people who think they're average, people who'd say it was good up to 16, people who'd say it got shit after it became HD, people who say it was shit during the teen seasons UNTIL it became HD, etc
>>
>>90283115
>Also they won't make fun of Trump because "he's too hard to satirize" but it's really because they're too pussy to stop sucking his teat

More because they don't like easy targets that everyone else does. Same reason they never really mocked Bush in South Park.
>>
>>90288777
>Family Guy
>South Park
>doesnt like easy targets
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>90283115
South Park was very good last season
>>
>>90283042
Family guys gotten worse since season 3.
>>
File: 820.jpg (25KB, 550x336px) Image search: [Google]
820.jpg
25KB, 550x336px
>>90283042
in my opinion, the shows went on zombie mode

The Simpsons - At the end of Season 12

South Park - Season 12

Futurama - I'm not sure

Family Guy - Season 6, just after Blue Harvest
>>
>>90289039
But Season 13 of the Simpsons was better than 10 and 11.
>>
>>90289264
Not him but fuck no it wasn't.
>>
>>90289320
Then again, I loved Little Girl in the Big Ten so what do I know
>>
>>90289264
I think after 9/11 The Simpsons stopped being funny. Fair enough Season 13 had a few good episodes like Homer the Moe and that Sopranos episode, but that is about it
>>
>>90283042
Family guy became bad season 6-9 the last good episode was probably return to the multiverse. The characters became bland expect brain who became a shitty self insert

South park hit average town around season 10-14 not bad but not good. The last season was the only really shitty one.

Futurama was always pretty good never had the jump yet
>>
>>90288777
Parker and Stone made an entire TV show about lampooning Bush, so it would've been redundant to do it on South Park.
>>
>>90283042
Simpsons decline is sort of agreed upon to be gradual and between seasons 7 and 12, depending on who you ask.

Family Guy was never as good as the simpsons, but i think most people will tell you the first seasons were the best.

Futurama never had a drastic decline, pre cancellation was a great show and in the CC seasons it was a meh show.

South Park was always very inconsistent. I don't think most people consider the first seasons to be the best, and a lot of people still like it, even despite the horrible latest season.

To answer your question, FG most certainly is Zombie (even the creator is tired of it). Futurama is not because it's literally dead, and it's too soon to tell with South Park.
>>
>>90291113
That was made back in 2001 (pre 9/11 2001 to be more specific) when Budh was just starting office and none of the easy target jokes were really in place yet. Also, that show was more meant to be a parody of 70s-80s era sitcoms than one on Bush.
>>
Simple: all the good writers left The Simpsons. Family Guy still has a lot of their early writers and Trey Parker has always been the primary writer for South Park
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.