[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bestseller List 2/26 - Dear God When's Marvel Rebirth Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: JLA.jpg (180KB, 600x914px)
JLA.jpg
180KB, 600x914px
>Black Panther is Marvel top charting comic last week. Amazing Spider-Man didn’t even make it on. But most of the Justice League did…

>1. Justice League of America #1
>2. Detective Comics #951
>3. Flash #17
>4. Teen Titans #5
>5. Action Comics #974
>6. Black Panther #11
>7. Wonder Woman #17
>8. IVX #5
>9. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps #15
>10. Suicide Squad #12
>>
>It’s no longer news when Marvel fails to place a book in our store’s Top Ten—it’s such a rare occurrence, in fact, that’s only news when they DO publish a book that readers want to buy! Marvel’s total Wednesday unit sales are approximately 1/3 DC’s unit sales in our store, and that’s with Marvel publishing significantly more titles. There’s no sign that things are getting in better in the near future–we can only hope that someone is hard at work on a Marvel Rebirth!

>Strong interest in pre-New-52 Superman and Batman, as well as 1980s and 1990s Marvel Punisher.

—-

>DC dominated again, but Marvel surprised by getting 3 books in the top ten. I suspect we’re several months (and perhaps a relaunch) away from Marvel fighting back to the top. The upcoming crossovers for Batman/Flash and Superman/Action have people talking way more than X-Men and Inhumans relaunching or Secret Empire. I hope they figure it out soon. Also noteworthy: if trade paperback sales could chart, Snotgirl Volume 1 would’ve cracked the top ten.

—-

>Detective Comics was the #1 book for the week along with JLA.Elektra however gave them a run for their money. IVX since doing great and most of the DC titles are sitting at the same #’s week in and week out.

>Marvel continues to dominate the back-issue market with anything Mutant and now with some life into Amazing Spider-Man…even the new volume…whichever one we are on for this year.
>>
>>90280836
>2. Detective Comics #951
>3. Flash #17
>4. Teen Titans #5
>5. Action Comics #974
>7. Wonder Woman #17
>9. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps #15
>10. Suicide Squad #12

8/10

Where is didio_hope.jpeg when we need it?
>>
>Not a bad week. Leanest invoice I have had for a long time. Marvel sneaks in one for the top ten. Captain America Steve Rogers makes it. Amazing Spider-man is bleeding readership badly. Clones and Spider-man just don’t seem to mix. Supergirl Being Super surprises with it being a more expensive title and not a Rebirth book yet still makes it into the top ten. Flash takes the top spot, even beating out Justice League of America 1. Batgirl needs a shake up on the creative team. It is now getting out sold by Hellblazer.

—-

>Monstress is still going strong here coming in the #2 slot. It was inevitable that Justice League of America was going to be #1. We have plenty of customers that love Batman and love “The Main Man” even more. I suspect that the love of those two characters will not be enough to keep readers onboard with the title, but what do I know since IVX is still a top 5 seller here.

—-

>DC is still selling insanely strong numbers here at FFF with 8 of the top 10 (and 12 of our top 20) being from the publisher. Our full top ten list is JLA #1 at the top followed by Detective Comics, Outcast (quarter issue), Flash, Action Comics, Hal Jordan & GLC, Wonder Woman, Old Guard #1, Suicide Squad, and Teen Titans. It’s great to see the other two books are Image titles even if one was a number one from an solid writer with an established fanbase and the other was 25 cents. As for the other half of the Big Two, Marvel only had 3 books in our top twenty with Amazing Spider-Man at 12, Extraordinary X-Men at 18, IVX at 19, with Thanos almost making the top 20 at spot 21. Curse Words has been a big hit for us, outselling every Marvel title with it’s second issue as our 11th bestseller so far this week! It’s off to a strong start with a talking koala gaining more traction than Peter Parker. #TeamMargaret
>>
>Marvel has still not found it’s place with the only books that are selling being established characters and teams. Even then, they’re just not selling the numbers they should or could be if the publisher could actually get itself on a clear focused path that lasts longer than six months. Thanos has the benefit of being in a highly talked about sequel as well as being a generally popular villain and his book got beat out by a week old and a three week old issue of Walking Dead (one of which was a only a quarter, but still). The House of Ideas needs to get their selves sorted or they’ll have to think of new ways to blame the system for their failings. When we have Future Quest and Kamandi Challenge at spots 16 and 17 beating out Extraordinary X-Men and IVX at 18 and 19, there’s something that needs to change for the long term health of the industry, or at least if Marvel wants to still be considered as half of the big two in my store or many other stores. Right now, the big two are DC and Image for myself and a lot of retailers. My top book of the week is usually selling over triple the amount of copies of my highest selling Marvel book. I can’t remember the last time that didn’t happen, as it’s been going on for months.

>On the indie side of things, we have 5 books (all from Image) in the top twenty with two in the top ten. Walking Dead #164 and #163 took the 14th and 20th place respectively. Kirkman’s jumping on points seem to be working the way they were meant to. Hopefully Invincible and Outcast (which hasn’t been doing great sales wise) can benefit as well. The Old Guard being in the top ten isn’t a surprise as Greg Rucka has his fans who will read whatever he writes and he usually delivers some great stories.
>>
File: kMipPT7h.jpg (69KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kMipPT7h.jpg
69KB, 1024x1024px
>mfw this list
>>
>Every store should concentrate on what does work for them, but it doesn’t mean we should be silent just because another retailer disagrees with what we have to say. Any store that’s made it through the recent crazy ups and downs of the industry is obviously doing something right, especially if we’re up every month vs the same month last year for over two years in a row. Our total sales are up, profits are up, spending is down, even with a larger than ever staff, but it could always be better if we could sell more comics of the characters that bring out millions of people to see their movies on opening weekend. Just because we’re not thrilled with Marvel’s current output doesn’t mean we don’t sell a crazy amount of comics and graphic novels. Some of the money that used to go to comics is now heading towards toys, Pops and other merchandise, but diversity is the strength of any store and what makes this industry so unique. Every store is different and I think that’s a great thing.

>I’ve said a few times lately that I wish Marvel’s best comic could be as good as their worst movie or Netflix series, and while they have a few real gems in their lineup right now, even some of the best books are lost in the shuffle with just too many books that aren’t going to make it past issue 6 because of how crowded their own market is. Crowding out the competition may have worked in the past, but right now, almost any time someone drops a book to add a new Marvel title to their list, they’re almost assuredly canceling another Marvel title. Honestly, most dropped books are coming from Marvel right now, no matter what company my customers are adding. Price resistance is a big part of that, lack of interest in the main characters (or their replacements) is another.
>>
>No matter what you’re reading, keep voting with your wallet and let your retailer know what you want. Subscriptions are only about 43% of our total comic sales, and we order very aggressively for the shelves, but even we’re starting to cut down on our already low numbers on some titles if we’re stuck with 6 copies of the same book 3 months in a row, if we used to have 1 or 2 left (our ideal situation). I barely want to sell out of any books we believe in, but even I’m taking a harder look at what’s still on our shelves a month or two after they’ve shipped and adjusting to put that money to better use elsewhere. I don’t think the sky is falling, but it could be brighter.

>Wildstorm’s release last week caused a surprising uptick in customer interest in the older back issues from the company. One customer came in and bought the first ten issues of old school Gen13. As we get closer to Logan, we’ve also been selling a good amount of both Wolverine, Old Man Logan and X-23 related comics. The True Believer comics are doing more for trades than back issues, but at least they’re getting people to read (old) Marvel. Also selling a decent amount of Spawn, Punisher and Walking Dead back issues lately.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/26/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-26th-february-2017-wish-marvels-best-comic-good-worst-movie-netflix/
>>
File: Robert-Kirkman.png (309KB, 565x297px) Image search: [Google]
Robert-Kirkman.png
309KB, 565x297px
>>90280923
>Right now, the big two are DC and Image for myself and a lot of retailers.
MFW Kirkman was right about Image overtaking one of the Big 2 within 5-years but it was Marvel instead of DC.
>>
Marvel needs a bit of Didio's magic touch.
>>
>>90280836
DC getting on the overshipping train, eh?
>>
>>90281088
>>90281114
They'll just quietly up the cost of books by a dollar after relaunching them with 30 variant covers for #1.

>>90281145
Nah, overshipping would appear in the Comichron reports. These numbers are from retailers and reflect the number of issues actually sold, rather than what was ordered by and shipped to the retailers.
>>
>8/10 for DC
Where's that didio hope guy?
>>
File: 1452073.png (191KB, 540x310px) Image search: [Google]
1452073.png
191KB, 540x310px
>>90280923
>>
I'm interested to see if JLA will actually keep high sales now that the Rebirth/#1 are out. It's got a strange team that I don't think many are going to give a chance.
>>
>>90281145
Justice League always sells well. The surprise would be JLA #1 selling badly.
>>
So /co/, what are your predictions about the Marvel rebirth? Will it be more of the same, just in another new package? Will it manage to bring people back? Have they learned their lesson?
>>
>>90281231
Yeah but that team includes Batman, Lobo and Black Canary. Pretty much all DC readers are interested in at least one of those characters.

>>90281585
I honestly wish they'd take another crack at an alternate universe, like the Ultimate Universe. Launch with Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, X-Men and Avengers.
>>
>>90281114
Dan is the best!
>>
>>90281585
They won't learn. They'll double down on what hasn't been working. It's going to be that way until the root of their problem -their shitty editorial - is purged. And I'm saying this as a Marvelfag.
>>
>>90280836
>4. Teen Titans #5
Damian dominated again:
>>
>>90280836
>>90280836
>5. Action Comics #974
Wayne boys.
>>
ITS MARVELS FAULT FOR HAVING TOO MANY RELAUNCHES ENDLESS EVENTS AND BAD WRITERS AND EVEN WORSE ARTISTS
>>
>>90280836
ha Teen Titans #sells more than any Marvel title is not only just, but it also feels right.
>>
>>90280836
Man, that issue of JLA was utter garbage too, I really hope it gets better.
>>
>>90280836
>>1. Justice League of America #1
Love that lobo guy.
>>
As a long time DC fan, all I will say is I continue to Enjoy the bulk of rebirth and am pleased at punch by all of this
>>
File: 1353782869891.jpg (41KB, 312x307px)
1353782869891.jpg
41KB, 312x307px
>>90280923
>The House of Ideas needs to get their selves sorted or they’ll have to think of new ways to blame the system for their failings.
>>90280923
Fuck it, just bring Quesadilla back
If he saved them from bankruptcy, this will be a cakewalk
>>
File: 1488163171936.gif (2MB, 769x350px) Image search: [Google]
1488163171936.gif
2MB, 769x350px
>Can't get a comic in the top ten
>can't get an oscar with 21 movies

LMAO fucking drones
It's what you get for man of murder posting
>>
Do all four of the issues of the Batman/Flash crossover come out in April or are they splitting it between March/April or April/May? Because if they're all in April that's 4 guaranteed spots in the top 10, that month will be an absolute fucking bloodbath.
>>
>>90284665
Nope, the third and fourth parts of The Button are in the beginning of May.
>>
>>90281231
The team does have a lot of TV synergy, so some fans of the DCTV universe (would might be inclined to pick a comic) might be interested, plus it has Batman
>>
>edgelords keep saying diversity is killing Marvel
>when the only Marvel title people are buying stars a black dude.
>>
Why is flash doing so well?
Flash spin off comics fucking when?
>>
>>90284760
That is because Black Panther is fucking black to begin with. It would be different if it was White Panther selling the best.
>>
>>90282600

> It's going to be that way until the root of their problem -their shitty editorial - is purged

This. When a writer produces good work at every publisher except Marvel then that points to the issue being with editorial.
>>
>>90281145
Justice League sells no matter what
even with all the shit is getting from fans and reviewers Hitch's book is a top seller
>>
>>90284803
Upcoming Watchmen crossover. Also rogues are here and people love rogues.
>>
>>90283719
>even worse artists
this is highly under-stated in any critical look at Marvel. They have entirely too many webcomic level artists.
>>
>>90284901
>Justice League sells no matter what

t. casual who only started reading comics last year
>>
I pretty much never pay attention to the economics side of comics, but I do wonder, how is the industry doing as a whole? Is digital sales still a big thing? Is physical sales up, down, the same? Are we worse of than the latter half of the 90's?
>>
>>90281145
These aren't Diamond numbers so overshipping doesn't matter. These are cumulative sell-through rankings from ~6 comic shops.
>>
File: didio hope.jpg (61KB, 463x450px) Image search: [Google]
didio hope.jpg
61KB, 463x450px
>>90280836
>>1. Justice League of America #1
>>2. Detective Comics #951
>>3. Flash #17
>>4. Teen Titans #5
>>5. Action Comics #974
>>7. Wonder Woman #17
>>9. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps #15
>>10. Suicide Squad #12
Good morning.
>>
File: ROCKY_JOE.png (102KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ROCKY_JOE.png
102KB, 320x240px
>>90280923
>The House of Ideas needs to get their selves sorted or they’ll have to think of new ways to blame the system for their failings
B R U T A L
>>
>>90280947
>I wish Marvel’s best comic could be as good as their worst movie or Netflix series
wut
>>
>>90284901
>Justice League sells no matter what
Justice League has spent a good portion of the past fifteen years out of the top 10, even top 20.

>even with all the shit is getting from fans and reviewers Hitch's book is a top seller

Everything I've heard is that Hitch has suddenly turned the book around over the past few issues.
>>
>>90280902
>Batgirl needs a shake up on the creative team
True. That tranny shit has to go.
>>
>>90289702
Babs needs to "retire" to police work and have Cassandra take up the role. Money will print.
>>
>>90282600
DC managed to tighten up their editorial with Rebirth. Why do you think Marvel can't do the same?
>>
>>90288612
But in the past six years, Justice League must be the biggest success when it comes to floppies.
>>
>>90280836
oh yeah, I can't wait for all those bi-monthly Deadpool, Deadpool & Spidey, Deadpool & Friends, Deadpool & Cable comics
>>
>>90280902
>Curse Words has been a big hit for us, outselling every Marvel title with it’s second issue as our 11th bestseller so far this week!
That's good to hear. Issue one of that book was surprisingly fun. I'm glad people are receptive to it despite it not being a cap comic.
>>
>>90280836

>Well at least Captain America Civil War won an Oscar.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.