[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: goon never ever.jpg (60KB, 600x256px) Image search: [Google]
goon never ever.jpg
60KB, 600x256px
What went wrong?
>>
I mean, they reached their kickstarter goal, right?

Whatever went wrong, it's not on us, and that's all that matters.
>>
>>90280124
Not a sequel, and has no dancing/ singing animals
Dude says it right on the Wikipedia page, and even if he was just taking the piss out of people, I wouldn't doubt that's the reason why it's taking so long/ not gonna happen
>>
>>90280395
The Kickstarter was to make story panels if I remember right.

It was never a sure thing, merely funding for them to make a prototype.
>>
>>90280844
It was essentially to fund a demo they could shop around. Which they did. And no one bought it.
>>
The kickstarter was just for a pitch reel but they're still having trouble getting studios interested because of the "animation is for kids" thing.

Personally I still think they should be trying for a series instead. The issues are better structured for it and it gives them options like Netflix. It's not like photoreal renders can't be done cheaper than back then.
>>
So much for the "Sausage Party's success will convince studios that adult animation is profitable" thing.
>>
>>90280957
well to be fair

A) The Demo got funded way before sausage party was even known.

B) It was aimed at PG-13 and not full bore adults.
>>
>>90280957
That's kind of the problem too. Things like Adult Swim seem to put at the idea that cartoons are either for kids or toilet humour and graphic violence with no real substance. Some get through the net but it's largely that.

Goon is a comedy but I imagine it gets put down the moment it goes somber if character death or Goon clawing his face in the mirror.
>>
>>90280124
Bowlin'.
>>
>>90280124
Anybody read SSB LL yet? Or know if it's up to download?
>>
File: face.jpg (80KB, 300x467px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
80KB, 300x467px
>>90281071
>comedy
It's funny at times, but some of the shit that happens is pretty fuckin tear jerking. But realistically, even if we DO get the movie it's gonna be 90% since the sad shit doesn't happen until Volume 3 or so
>>
>>90285122
That's what I mean. Execs probably wouldn't be happy unless it's funny all the time.
>>
>>90285277
We should just make our own Goon movie, anon
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.