[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How disappointed were you by this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: how to train your dragon 2.jpg (251KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
how to train your dragon 2.jpg
251KB, 1280x720px
How disappointed were you by this movie?
>>
Not as much as your parents are with you.
>>
not at all i thought it more than lived up to the first one
>>
I was dissapointed it didn't get the oscar
>>
>>90279807
>>90279814
Samefag.
You're not funny, either.
>>
>>90279831
First one had a better story
>>
>>90279807
I liked the story and it was gorgeous.
>>
>>90279807
I complained too when I first heard about this movie. It's getting to the point of discrimination with these caricature stereotypes assigned to anthropomorphic animals. It's downright insulting to furries and otherkin for companies to continually play up these racial stereotypes. Furries have been dealing with this sorta thing for a long time and I for one am tired of it. It needs to fucking STOP. Not every fox needs to be a sly criminal, bunnies don't have to be oversexualized bubbly thumpers, and don't get me started on how they portrayed all the predators going crazy off a fucking drug. Come on. Cannibal is only on a rise in Papa New Guinea and that's among regular humans, it is not furries eating people. This whole issue has me worked up and I don't think laying out in the sun is going to calm me down right now. Fuck disney and fuck this movie.
>>
>>90279807
I like it more every time I re-watch it.
>>
not at all? it was fucking awesome.

astrid should be the clan leader though
>>
File: IMG_3499.png (2MB, 1361x575px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3499.png
2MB, 1361x575px
Is this the best-written /co/ couple? As in an actual couple, not people still in the process of hooking up.
>>
>>90279807
Unironicaly loved it.
>>
>>90280786
I don't think so. she ignores her own health in order not to be seen as a drag. she would die in weeks
>>
File: 1487379719934.png (48KB, 199x268px) Image search: [Google]
1487379719934.png
48KB, 199x268px
>>90280879
that kiss in the serie
>>
>>90279807
It exceeded my expectations tbqhfam
>>
>>90279807
Very. Despised and loathed Hiccup's unaccountable deadbeat cunt mother who no one called out on being a piece of shit. And Stoick being killed instead of her? Just made the anger even worse. Ruined the franchise IMO.
>>
Younger Hiccup was cuter. I don't like generic pretty-boy Hiccup. Second movie was okay, but not as good at the first.

I'm wondering if Hiccup will go full bara in the third movie or just look slightly older with a bit more generosity on the facial hair.

>>90280879
It feels genuine, yeah. Although she did seem a lot more reserved in comparison to the first movie, but I guess that happens. She probably just needed to get laid.
>>
>>90279807
>>
File: 1507-1[1].jpg (47KB, 400x524px) Image search: [Google]
1507-1[1].jpg
47KB, 400x524px
>>90280879
I like them, but not even close.
>>
>>90279807
I really liked it.
>>
>>90284707
Stoic died specifically because he was more sympathetic. Valka dying would have very little emotional impact.

Her beliefs are shown to be objectively wrong. Telling that to the audience instead of showing would be cheap.
>>
>>90279807
A fair bit. It really lacked the heart and struggle of the first. I know that would have been difficult to reproduce though. The villain felt like he came out of nowhere, despite their attempts to make his appearance feel more natural.

Part of the problem was the side characters. Astrid is sexier when she's angry, and when she's not angry she's... well just not very interesting. In fact unfortunately in the first movie she was more of an conflict to be overcome and then became an emotional supporting allie. In this second film I'd have trouble pointing out a role she fulfilled that was uniquely suited to her character. They basically failed to use her properly.

Ruffnut's chin reached continental proportions and the random new secondary characters they threw in added nothing to the film.

There were a few great moments, like Hiccups mom and dad singing and dancing again. And Stoic throwing his weight around in battle. But besides those, the film simply didn't gel as a whole. It's mood was not consistent, the side characters really didn't feel relevant to the plot, and therefore didn't feel competent. The villain felt hammered on, instead of well built into the conflict.

It really lacked the feeling of being a movie for about 50% of the time. The other half it was out of rhythm and pacing.
>>
One of the best movie sequels ever made.
>>
It was no Kung Fu Panda 2 that's for sure
>>
File: 1377514231271.jpg (42KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1377514231271.jpg
42KB, 330x330px
>>90279807
Not a whole lot. Somehow HTTYD is a Series I completely dismissed and by the time I did get round to it, the sequel was already out so.
It's not better than the first but it's still a pretty damn good watch. Both films have great Soundtracks too
>>
>>90279807
How is the Netflix series?
>>
Not really. Yeah, it's not as good as the first, but it still stands head and shoulders above a good number of animated films in recent years.

Hell, I was disappointed that it didn't win the Oscar over Big Hero 6, even though I also enjoyed BH6.
>>
>>90291187
Not bad, but very boring.
>>
>>90279807
its a shitty sequel aimed at tumblr shipping fans

The dragon designs failed to hook me in

and the yet another nerd wins is just annoying at this point
>>
>>90279807
It was breddy great

I think people were just disappointed in it cuz it wasn't the same as the first movie but with different characters
>>
>>90283978

I think you meant kisses. I need webms of each and every one, including the movie and special ones.
>>
>>90279807
I liked it more than the first one to be honest, the first movie felt a bit too predictable for me, not to say the sequel wasn't predictable either but i like the execution better in that one, also i liked how the movie didn't dwell too much in drama and let the plot move forward. The biggest flaw of the movie was Dragon being an underdeveloped villain, he was clearly meant to represent an antitesis to what Hiccup had become and the opposite in the way he looks at dragons but he lacked the screen time and depth required to drive that message home.
Still my favortie out of the two movies though i can admit it may not be better than the first one on a tecnical point.
>>
Better than Frozen.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.