[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the official canonical reason for her voice is smoking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: smoking.png (95KB, 279x213px) Image search: [Google]
smoking.png
95KB, 279x213px
So the official canonical reason for her voice is smoking?
>>
in a world infested by superpowered weirdos and freaks, she was probably born with it.
>>
>>90268146
>superpowered

Don't only the tiniest handful of them even have "powers" that are positive in any meaningful way?
>>
Doesnt really matter at this point, we've all become accustomed to it, and even admire it
>>
>>90268146
>maybe she's born with it
Maybe it's Maybelline.
>>
>>90267271
Yes, she is heavily based on Jackie Kennedy, who had a deep voice from smoking.
>>
I still think that's a man...and no this is not meant to be offensive to anyone
>>
>>90270016
Go home Brock
>>
>>90267271
Yes, actually. I think they explained it in season 5? Whichever season had the Quiz Boy stuff and Phantom Limb's origin.
>>
>>90269962
>who had a deep voice from smoking

first I'm hearing of this in regards to Jackie
>>
Maybe it's just a joke?
>>
I keep expecting her to become a good guy and dump the Monarch for Rusty. Every time the two of them are in a scene together they have fantastic chemistry.
>>
Do you smoke cigarettes, or eat them?
>>
>>90270076
why are you lying
>>
>>90269962

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS9ZfsjjN6I
>>
Is the Monarch Rusty's brother?
>>
>>90270123
>Every time the two of them are in a scene together they have fantastic chemistry.

No they don't, she's clearly just humoring him.
>>
File: THE MIGHTY BARON OF RUDDIGORE.png (899KB, 1027x755px) Image search: [Google]
THE MIGHTY BARON OF RUDDIGORE.png
899KB, 1027x755px
Was Monarch based off the Bad Baron of Ruddigore?
>>
She went to a university where everyone had been affected physically by a super science experiment gone bad. Maybe he voice was altered to sound like a man or maybe she was a man and her body was altered.
>>
>>90270565
The bit in, I think, Season 3 where they're both sitting around talking about the Rusty Venture Show seemed fairly sincere. Maybe she doesn't have romantic feelings for him, but I think she appreciates him on some level. Fuck, she says as much way back in Season 1.
>>
File: IMG_7147.jpg (48KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7147.jpg
48KB, 298x300px
>>90267271
Is it because she fucked a nigger?
>>
>>90270855

That was easily one of the best scenes for Rusty in the entire show; one of the very few times whern he seemed to genuinely be at ease..
>>
She's just so full of sex that it puts a strain on her vocal chords.
>>
I find it strangely attractive now. It's just become normalized to me.
>>
>>90270607
Why do you bring this up every VB thread? Don't become to VB threads what Famicom is to Sym-Bionic Titan threads.
>>
>>90272574
There was a post about the movie a long time ago on /co/, with an OP asking who the character reminded them of.

The post got no replies. I think I was one of the 10 anons in the thread who watched the movie the whole way through and saw the connection. This was a year ago or so on /co/. Either it was VB crew posting their influence, or I'm grasping at something totally out of left field.

No one has really commented on it one way or another. You are the first to even acknowledge the post. If it's disruptive I'll stop.
>>
What exactly is so great about Venture Bros.?

I'm about six episodes into the first season, and while I've enjoyed them I haven't seen anything too special.

Does it get better?
>>
>>90272939
Really depends on if you were a fan of Johnny Quest era shows.

Also the later seasons get better and better once it becomes less episodic.
>>
File: 1373621752540.gif (2MB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
1373621752540.gif
2MB, 390x285px
>>90270386
>people in the 60's thought this was a 10/10
>>
>>90273064
She was cute and homely, but there's a reason she was cucked by dozens of women.
>>
>>90273173
Yeah, the reason was her husband was a huge slut.
>>
>>90272939
it does get better, and it's not just about familiarity with the characters.
first few episodes are weak as fuck
>>
>>90273064
You have objectively shit taste if you don't think Jackie Kennedy was a cutie.
>>
she smokes like a chimney
>>
>>90270016
>she gets pregnant
>people are STILL not sure because super science
>>
I'm trans and I'm disappointed that she didn't end up being trans too.
>>
>>90272939
The first season isn't very good. Stick with it at least through season 2 and you will be very convinced. Everything needs a grace period.
>>
>>90268225
I like to view it as a 1 in 4 chance that the power will be useful.
>>
>>90278485
pics or GTFO
>>
>>90278485
If that's your top priority than you should stick to Calarts generation shows. They'll be more than willing to pander to you.
>>
>>90273064
they didn't have anime back then. It was a different time
>>
>>90273173
>>90274913
While visiting a brothel, JFK asked for a prostitute that looked like his wife "but hot."
>>
>>90278485
I still believe that was the original intention/joke when the show premiered in the early 00s, but as time went on and that became less okay funny and more controversial funny they switched to the smoking thing and dropped the topic overall.
>>
File: seriously woody.png (463KB, 418x524px) Image search: [Google]
seriously woody.png
463KB, 418x524px
>>90281796
Yeah, look at all those trans characters in every single Nickelodeon and CN show.
>>
>>90273173
Yeah, but then he got perma-cucked by a bullet, and she spent the next 30 years making sweet love to his money. Jackie O plays the long game.
>>
>>90281796
He never said it was any kind of priority you precious little princess.
>>
>>90268270
>and even admire it
That's a weird euphemism for masturbation
>>
>>90267271
>Monarch gets all super pissed that his girlfriend/fiance/whatever might have slept with other guys
>They get married
>Monarch is now totally fine with other men banging his wife so long as he gets to watch

never understood this
>>
>>90270386
It is amazing to see the early stages of television personality grooming compared to todays standard.
>>
>>90285046
like all woman
>>
They say it's smoking, but we really barely ever see her smoke, and she had it even in the flashback episodes when she was in college.
>>
>>90285152
I think it's just specifically Phantom Limb he has a problem with, since Phantom Limb is a total dick.
>>
>>90285897
We barely see it because she was hiding it from him, and when Monarch does find out, Hatred ribs him with something like "What, the three-pack-a-day voice didn't tip you off?"
>>
>>90273173
she was a high end hooker herself, Joe Kennedy paid her a million to marry his son, she knew about his slutting and raping from the beginning.
>>
>>90270386
>>90269962
Thats not deep at all.
>>
>>90285953
That scene was so awkward and forced

Why couldn't doctor girlfriend be trans? everyone thought for several season that she was trans and it wasn't an issue at all
>>
File: weird coincidence.jpg (76KB, 626x402px) Image search: [Google]
weird coincidence.jpg
76KB, 626x402px
>>90268328
Maybe it's Marlboro.
>>
>>90286185
General thought is that they were going with "She's trans" as the reason, but by the time they were making season 3 that'd be considered more offensive than funny.
>>
I demand art of Dr. Mrs. the Monarch rocking a huge bulge.
>>
>>90286223
How is it offensive for the most competent character on the show to be trans?
>>
>>90286244
From that angle? Not at all.

From the angle that she started out as a 'joke' of "lol she sounds like a dude and people frequently joke about her having a baboon uterus", it's not great.
>>
>>90286259
I'm a tranny and I never once thought for a second that dr. girlfriend offensive, she is one of the coolest characters on the show

When has venture bros ever cared about not being offensive?
>>
File: 1474934396552.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474934396552.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>90268328
>>90286210
Oh fuck you for making me smile like a idiot.
>>
>>90268328

KEK

>>90267271

ONCE AGAIN FUCKING /CO/ HAS A THREAD ABOUT SOMETHING I WAS THINKING ABOUT RANDOMLY EARLIER. FREAKING ME OUT CO THIS HAPPENS EVERY FUCKING DAY.

But seriously I'm wondering if she's actually a he. A tranny.
>>
>>90286259
>a sympathetic trans character would be offensive
>a sympathetic pedophile who molested the title characters is fine
Either go all the way, or don't go at all. Plus, Hunter Gathers.
>>
>>90286453
>But seriously I'm wondering if she's actually a he. A tranny.
Just watch the show, it comes up at least 3 times and it actually doesn't even matter, if she was, she transitioned super early because we saw her in college
>>
>>90285996
Source or gtfo with that literally 50yo tabloid rag gossip.
>>
>>90286259
to be fair, the joke isnt "she sounds like a dude lol" its "lol you thought we were going to be mean about making her sound like a dude but thats just how she sounds and we are all cool with it"

like the joke is on the people who thought she would be a "joke" character
>>
>>90285152
The Monarch thought the idea of his wife having sex with other men was hot after the whole affair with Dr. Girlfriend seducing Rusty turned him on. But later on in the show he mentions how he saw her suck Mantaclaws off and he was more embarrased than anything. So i think he's only interested in her doing it with Rusty. Also the scene where he fucks the robot with Rusty's face, kinda implied he has weird feelings going on there to begin with.
>>
Just watched a clip from the show. I'm really disapointed in her voice, it's not sexy deep, it's dude deep.

Here's what sexy deep sounds like. https://youtu.be/soZny7trwj4
>>
>>90288909
After a couple of seasons you don't even realize she sounds like a dude anymore.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.