[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend Quest/Las Leyendas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: LegendQuestCrew.png (513KB, 683x472px) Image search: [Google]
LegendQuestCrew.png
513KB, 683x472px
Can't find anywhere online where it's streaming right now, but if any of you guys have Netflix, you might want to give Legend Quest/Las Leyendas a try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0G_A5JS21Q

The premier's a little rough around the edges, but it really comes into its own by the third chapter. The first season has 13 episodes that tell a complete story and the climax has some of the more high-concept plot twists you'll see in serialized entertainment.

It's kind of reminiscent of a leaner Gravity falls replete with a morbid sense of humor that balances some of the more grotesque and unnerving elements therein. Animation's much choppier at points though, but if you were fine with how the characters in Dan Vs tended to move, it shouldn't phase you much. The cast itself is highly entertaining with each of its members capable of doling out the comedy and drama.

Again, if you have Netflix, you'll have the option of watching it in English (whose dub is pretty all right besides the voices used for background/minor characters) or in the original Spanish with subs.

All in all, it's a lean and snappy action-adventure cartoon and you'll probably have a lot of fun with it if you give it a proper go.

Also, there are a fair amount of waifus. So there's that.
>>
I tried the first episode and it was pretty rough I've been meaning to watch the rest of it but that first episode really throws you off.
>>
It looks kinda interesting, an is certainly nicer looking than its preceding films. Could one skip the first episode without missing too much? Or is the whole season pretty chronological, necessitating the pain?

In either case, would you recommend the subs or the dub? Or, I guess more specifically: which one has a nicer voice for ghost waifu, because frankly I probably won't care about the quality of the other characters' voices.
>>
So how did the ghosts die?
>>
>>90266076
>Could one skip the first episode without missing too much?

You just need to watch the last 10 minutes because that's when things go absolutely nuts.

Subs are better all around, but the English dub VAs do a great job as far as the core cast is concerned so it's a serviceable option if you don't feel like reading dialogue the whole time.

As for Ghost Waifu, I think her English VA is better since she's less shrill and there's a lot more tenderness in her vocal delivery as a whole; she can dish out the sass and the sincerity in equal measure.
>>
>Ánima
No ni vergas
Puto el que vea esta mamada
>>
>>90266377
Thats part of what keeps me from watching it. Its set in 17th century you have a knight, a valley girl, and a donkey.
>>
>>90266617

Actually Anima Studios only did characters design, original idea and part of the writing, the other past was written by one guy from Mistery Inc and animatios is from (Philippine) studio Top Draw, the same guy from MLP and Netflix Show of Peabody and Sherman.
>>
>>90266377
telling you will spoil the next-to-last episode
>>
File: 1452528590659.png (9KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
1452528590659.png
9KB, 426x364px
Where to torrent?
>>
>>90266839
Late 19th Actually. A few years after the death of the Brothers Grimm.
>>
>>90265614
Go for it. Really gets going around the third or fourth episode
>>
Marcella is best girl.
>>
>>90265447
I remember there being a thread about 4 new cartoon shows to be announced in the years 2017-2018. I think Legend Quest was 1 of them.

Does anyone remember the rest of them?
>>
File: DonAndresCorpse.png (2MB, 1363x723px)
DonAndresCorpse.png
2MB, 1363x723px
Finished the series, a lot better than I was expecting.

Do you think there will be a new season? The plot seemed pretty wrapped up for the most part, although they could expand more on that lady the sugar skulls seem to work for. But how will Teodora get back to the past? Will she take classes and learn to astral project? Find a local nexus portal?

>>90266076

I prefer Spanish Teodora, she sounds more snooty and pompous.

>>90266377

Teodora's backstory is more spoiler-y, but pic related is how Don Andres died.

>>90270891

>tfw no Marcella lewds
>tfw no Teocella yuri with sloppy ghost makeouts
>>
>>90271198
>Teodora's backstory is more spoiler-y
Do they try to make it sad or is it something funny? I mean, she is a parody character already.
>>
>>90271413
The inciting incident is terribly ironic, but the fallout is quite sad
>>
File: Splat.png (1MB, 1365x727px) Image search: [Google]
Splat.png
1MB, 1365x727px
>>90271413

More sad, but I was amused at well her death fit Teodora's character: She got hit by a car she didn't notice because she was paying too much attention to her phone.
>>
>>90271198
>>90271580
I'm even more confused now, she is from the past, right? Then, why does she have normal clothes and a phone? Time traveler or something like that?
>>
>>90271654
Watch the show, dude.

If it's any consolation, her companions don't understand that it's a phone and refer to it as a "magic box".
>>
>>90271685
>Watch the show, dude
No credit card, hun, and Netflix isn't available in my country by other means like debit and shit. I'll have to wait until downloads or anything else.

And alright! That's making more sense.
>>
Giving this a go since I need something to watch. Looks like the UK Netflix doesn't have Spanish as an audio option... so I'm watching it in French.
>>
>>90272199
The English option ain't bad either.
>>
>>90272292
episode 1 done with, and ended up switching back to English by your recommendation.

Some confusing elements that make me wonder if there's an established backstory I should be paying attention to before watching any more. Only one episode in though so I'll probably get the explanations I need right?

Voice acting-wise the main character's voice is the only one that grates on me so far.

I like it! Will be watching more.
>>
>>90272681
Basically, Leo was this medium that went on a bunch of adventures as a kid with Teodora, Don Andres, and Alebrije. They solved mysteries (brujas, phantoms, mummies, etc) all around Mexico in a Sky Ship they found, basically tweaked events from the film series the show acts as a spiritual successor to.

Now that he's a teenager, Leo's gone all Rusty Venture and wants out since he's tired of almost dying all the time and wants to be accepted by his hometown.
>>
>>90272809
>Leo's gone all Rusty Venture and wants out since he's tired of almost dying all the time and wants to be accepted by his hometown.

That was pretty annoying desu. I'm glad he dropped that shit by the end of the first episode.
>>
>>90272860
Yeah, even though he's an overall nice and heroic guy, he can be kind of a jerk. So it makes all the amusingly terrible stuff that happens to him throughout the series feel humorous and well-deserved.
>>
I honestly loved that show SO much! Hey, is there a MEGA link for all 13 episodes of season 1?
>>
>>90273320
Nope. It's not even streaming anywhere that isn't Netflix
>>
>>90273334 But, could someone else do a WEBRip of all 13 episodes off from Netflix, and then upload it to MEGA?
>>
>>90273334
But, could someone else do a WEBRip of all 13 episodes off from Netflix, and then upload it to MEGA?
>>
File: tumblr_olyuayXsKK1r2jkq9o1_1280.jpg (788KB, 1280x1479px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olyuayXsKK1r2jkq9o1_1280.jpg
788KB, 1280x1479px
One thing I liked is that they didn't try to force a love triangle with Leo, Marcella, and Teodora. I saw Teodora being a huge bitch to Marcella and figured it was because she was jelly of Marcella being Leo's gf.

If there is a season 2, I hope they reintroduce Xochitl, Kika, and the other girls from the movies.
>>
>>90273855
True. Adding to that, something I liked was that after mooning over her in the first episode, Leo pretty much talks shit to Marcella like he does with all his other friends once she joins the group.
>>
>>90271198
Well Fenrir hasn't killed Odin yet, so maybe they'll deal with the Norse Ragnarok next season if they get one. Plus, we still don't know what Alebrije's deal is yet and why his soul is so...fabulous.

Marcella's mom is still a wiccan vegetable, so maybe Leo will try to help her with that.

Teodora managed to muster up the willpower to send her soul back in time, she can probably do it again with some added gusto
>>
>>90271198
A guy I know tweeted about the show and one of the creators commented on his tweet that they want to do more, but have no confirmation yet.

That lady is obviously [Spoiler]Death[/spoiler]
>>
>>90277353
She's called Catrina in the credits.

Though she might also be that as well.
>>
File: catrina.jpg (256KB, 1185x1174px) Image search: [Google]
catrina.jpg
256KB, 1185x1174px
>>90277353
>>90278109
she's this same character, that's the name they gave her in mexico.
>>
>>90278869
Neat. I did not know that.
>>
File: shoryuken.png (103KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
shoryuken.png
103KB, 285x285px
This show had some really random references like Usagi Yojimbo, Ultraman, and shoryuken

Also, how in the actual fuck did this get a Y-7 rating? Bitches get straight up murdered on screen left and right in the finale.
>>
>>90265447

This read like a shitty paid advertisement. I don't think I'll watch it on that merit alone.
>>
>>90265447
It's a ok mystery show but no Gravity Falls or Scooby-Doo! Mystery, Inc.

But I like it better than that Trollhunter series. Maybe because I'm sick of highschool related cartoons.
>>
Both "Atomic Puppet" and "Legend Quest" are super-awesome cartoons, and I hope that there's gonna be a MEGA link for the episodes, if someone's gonna do them for us.
>>
File: 94f.png (121KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
94f.png
121KB, 680x497px
>>90265447
Oh my God that animation is so smooth, I hope it's like that the entire show.
>>
>>90284849
No it isn't. It's canada type quality.
>>
>>90285227
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you, and someone from >>90284849 is right about the animation. It IS awesome.
>>
File: Teo.png (277KB, 336x572px) Image search: [Google]
Teo.png
277KB, 336x572px
>>90265447
>Can't find anywhere online where it's streaming right now
Shit, really?
I really need a download, even if it's only the first episode. Anything.
Have this silly edit tho.
>>
>>90287819
https://m*g*.nz/#!KxQgXLgR!vRoLZgghxTVx1phQlFQ-qRTcc6xN8cXlDBTj0x0VbVM

replace the * with the real letter.
>>
>>90287819
More edits please.
>>
>>90284849
Like OP said, it's more like Dan Vs, but when it's smooth, it's crazy smooth.
>>
File: leyendas4.jpg (25KB, 448x252px)
leyendas4.jpg
25KB, 448x252px
>>90280286

Ultraman/Shogun fighting kaiju: - i will send you back to the dark place you came from
Kaiju is Alebrije
Alebrije is from Oaxaca

Did They Do It on Purpose?
>>
>>90289355
I wouldn't be surprised. Especially since it's revealed that Teodora's a pretty big weaboo.

Plus, the show doesn't shy away from more subtle longform jokes. Blackpulp showing up during the final battle with gold teeth seems rather innocuous until you remember that he probably made them out of Tooth Fairy shit.
>>
>>90285227
Canada quality is still better than regular anima quality
>>
>>90265447
Um a little help here /co/mrades? The episodes aren't available on kisscartoon or google.
I ended up knocking head first into this instead.
http://kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/The-Legend-of-Prince-Valiant

It's Bunnicula all over again.
>>
>>90265447
looks interesting, but I don't have netflix so I can't see it

I'm reading about movies in the thread, is this part of a franchise?
>>
File: Teodora.png (174KB, 723x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Teodora.png
174KB, 723x1000px
>>90292243
Yes. Before the show even happened, the franchise had movies, with the same characters (but with WAY worse designs and animation). Those are in Netflix too.

Still, as far as I know, there's no continuity issues so don't worry about that.
>>
About halfway through the series, it really picks up around 4 episodes in. Honestly surprised how the other girl doesn't play a major role/joins the group till the halfway mark. Overall it's pretty entertaining.

>>90292243

There are three movies that predate this series, alluded to within the series that they're canon to the series but not referenced a lot.
>>
>>90288668
thats too big man, can't download it at once without hitting the cap
>>
>>90292404
That's your problem. Not the uploader's.
>>
>>90271580
>>90271198
Where'd you get these screen caps? Netflix? Or is there a torrent now?
>>
>>90288668
Is there anymore?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.