[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nick Tmnt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 18

File: ded dad.jpg (193KB, 1178x1142px) Image search: [Google]
ded dad.jpg
193KB, 1178x1142px
So the season is over
Thoughts?
>>
Huh. Is this the first TMNT franchise to do this? I wouldn't be surprised if the show got canceled before they actually explored this new status quo.
>>
>>90244901
isnt he going to be in Iron Fist
>>
File: 11.png (430KB, 534x710px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
430KB, 534x710px
>>90244901
The final was good, much better than episodes before it, but it felt like the writers had made April a Mary Sue with her powers.
>>
>>90244901
Good stuff. I look forward to demon Mark Hamill on the 19th
>>
>>90245378
Incorrect use of Sue. And she was limited on what she could do at any one time
>>
>>90244988
Their toys sell like meth in middle Atlanta. They will milk this show till the cow dies.
>>
>>90244901
I'm more upset that he didn't say the line.

the lips seem to have said something else.
>>
>>90244901
Before the opening credits they established that Leo will regularly speak to ghost Splinter. And the end of the episode and commercial for next season made it clear that Tigerclaw just picks up where Shredder left off. Status Quo is God in TMNT, the changes they make are surface level.
>>
>>90245503
>Incorrect use of Sue.
Do you expect anything different from the idiots that toss the word around without understanding?
>>
>kill the rat
>bring him immediately back as a jedi ghost

Also
>boss rush episode

For such build up it sure ended up being pretty anti-climactic. They didn't even have the balls to show Shredder being finished on screen.
>>
http://renewcanceltv.com/shows/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/

Apparently the twitter/whatever from one of the artist/writers saying it was dead is false.
>>
Why did the commercial say it was going to be called Tales of TMNT? Is it getting a new name from now on?
>>
I stopped watching after they got back from space.

Is it worth finishing the rest of what I missed?
>>
>>90244988
Splinter died in Volume 4 of the Mirage comic. Though there it was due to a heart attack/old age, not being outright murdered.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170226-123013.png (297KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170226-123013.png
297KB, 576x1024px
>>90245378
Apparently they were originally going to make the decapitation homage more explicit.

>>90247349
We've known about season 5 for a year now. The talk about the show ending came after.

>>90247432
I imagine it's just a rebranding, since the main overarching plot of the series (Turtles vs Shredder) is over.
>>
>>90244901
>that piece of cheese
>>
>>90247217
Did Fishface and B&R all die too? The first looked like he was left gasping for air and the others were just shot off screen.

A shame they didn't use the retromutagen for Tigerclaw. Human TC could have an interesting interaction with new Alopex.
>>
>>90244988
season 5 was confirmed to be the final season for awhile
>>
Toad Baron is part of Pantheon
>>
>>90247705
Fishface probably died, considering Raph broke off his robo-legs.

R&B have survived worse, so while I assume they were injured, I wouldn't say they kicked it unless we get some confirmation.
>>
>>90248562
Female Jagwar soon
>>
>>90248783
>>
>>90248814
>>
>>90248783
Maybe you prefer Manmoth
>>
>>90248902
>>
>>90248919
>>
>>90248980
>>
>>90248562
>>
>>90248562
>Rat-king and toad baron are best bros who annoy the fuck out of their sisters, swan and kitsune
I hope this is canon.
>>
>>90249016
>>
>>90244901
Is this TMNT Kino?
>>
>>90248603
The toy line at least has Bebop & Rocksteady coming back, this time with their 80s clothing.
>>
>>90249017
Cover and some artworks for issues 71 and 72. Kevin Eastman was at the Comic Con Brussels this weekend and shared that with fans.
>>
>>90249065
Are there pics?
>>
>>90249290
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTKc1zKsZp4&t=2m31s

Here's a vid
>>
>>90249540
Even better, thanks.

I wonder if Dark Priest Tigerclaw will turn up in the show too.
>>
>>90248845
now all I need is armagon to come back and I will have all my faves in idw
>>
>>90250143
Problem is he is too similar to Bludgeon. IDW doesn't even show the backgrounds of Koya and Bludgeon.
>>
>>90248520
>season 5 was confirmed to be the final season for awhile

Really? I mean you're probably right since season 6 would have been announced by now but where was it confirmed?
>>
>>90250187
I know but I want me some great white shark mutant I like sea creatures so I would like more of them
>>
>>90249735
Yeah, he was shown during the little season 5 preview after the episode ended. IIRC they're doing four 5-episode "tales" to comprise the last 20 episode season, and the first one deals with Tigerclaw's cult.
>>
>>90250256
They can introduce him if they decide to explain Bludgeon's origin like they're related or something.
>>
File: Newtralizer.png (159KB, 324x473px) Image search: [Google]
Newtralizer.png
159KB, 324x473px
I hope Newtralizer comes back one more time.
>>
>>90250365
that would be cool maybe even have it be they wanted to use a bunch of different sharks and bludgeon was the best
>>
>>90249735
We have seen comic con sneak peeks of him, yes.
>>
>>90250368
I always thought it was kind of cool that back in season 1 they specifically mentioned that Newtralizer was an alien, not a mutant, and then wayyy later in season 4, in a completely unrelated context, they meet other members of his race in Mona Lisa and her commander.

But yeah, it would be nice if they squared that circle and had a story with both Newtralizer and Mona Lisa.
>>
U S A G I
S
A
G
I
>>
unrelated to the show, but who hasn't the idw series added from other incarnatons of the turtles it seems like they have them all now besides a few, like the shitty ones like venus and mona lisa
>>
>>90251482
>>90249080
>>
>>90247042

It used to be a term only jealous teen girls would use. Now it's a term only whiny bitches use. So weird.
>>
>>90244901
The final battle was boring
>>
>>90251963
It was pretty bullshit Karai wasn't there to help. They didn't HAVE to write her as being bedridden.

Also where the hell was Rahzar?
>>
next season is about zombies.
>>
>>90244901
Nick's arbitrary placed hiatuses killed most of my investment. Still, this last ep was nice. Turtles going full edge mode was fun. I'm surprised they straight up murdered Fishface (at least as far as it's implied). Leo-wankery is a bit...eh, but ok. Wonder where they want to go from here. Personally I'd end the series at this point.
>>
>>90252119
They can't end it, there's still unfinished business. They have to restore Timothy.
>>
>>90252184
Wait, he still exists? I thought he got destroyed together with the lair.
>>
>>90252202
I think he's still in that tube somewhere. I could swear he was in the background recently.
>>
>>90244901
Oh fuck I need to catch up on this. I stopped watching it in the middle of the space arc, but I guess the next season got better?
>>
File: dangerous.jpg (103KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
dangerous.jpg
103KB, 1024x576px
>>90252111
Ex-aid crossover confirmed
>>
The only thing that truly matters is who wins the Aprilbowl.
>>
File: 1486407919027.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1486407919027.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
>>90252726
>Donnie crushing on April is STILL somehow a thing
>>
so are the nick tmnt games delisted to or did activision just feel shamed they could not make a tmnt game the tmnt fans at large liked
>>
>>90248603

They already showed Fishface's voice actor filming lines for season 5.

>>90248562

Is the Pantheon just the four siblings? The guy in the TMNT/ Ghostbusters crossover has yet to appear.
>>
>>90253566
>They already showed Fishface's voice actor filming lines for season 5.

Could be for flashbacks.
>>
>pigeon pete was at the funeral

well how bout that, he's alive.
>>
>>90249540
Is that the fucking Toxic Avenger?
>>
>>90250654
It's fucking awesome they're bringing him back even though TMNT isn't creator-owned any more.

It's just one of the TMNT traditions I always love.
>>
>>90248603
B&R are coming back for a three-part arc at somepoint during the new season. At Toyfair they spoiled that by showing them wearing the 80s B&R costumes.
>>
>>90252100

I'm pretty sure Leatherhead drowned him in the previous episode.
>>
>>90257555
That counted? Figured he could survive more than that.
>>
who do you think has the game rights for tmnt now?
>>
File: C4_jh2PUkAA733A.jpg (136KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
C4_jh2PUkAA733A.jpg
136KB, 600x800px
When?
>>
>>90245378

Hardly Sue, but the DBZ standing hair is just silly as fuck.
>>
>>90247042

True, considering nobody on this site has ever used cuck correctly once since it got memed.
>>
>>90258021
The people who made Devil May Cry 4.
>>
>>90252202
Nah, still in the tube, nearly forgotten.

Got to wonder how the fucking experience has changed him considering he's been a blob for like 2 years in that universe.
>>
>>90260855
This is true. The proper word is "simp" because a cuckold is very different as it usually means a man who provides for a child not his own (usually unaware of that fact).
>>
That's gotta suck how his ghost doesn't revert to human form, though I guess he's more comfortable in rat form.
>>
>>90260926
that would be cool but after platinum dropped the ball I just would not even be hype if it were true
>>
>>90261186
I feel like the Platinum game had some good ideas, just poor execution. Being able to switch between the turtles was cool, and having it be like the arcade titles was a good way to go.

Biggest problem was the AI being shit, little to no difference between the boys, and of course some parts just impossible without the level gimmick (like the Ultra Kraang battle with the mech suits).
>>
>>90246776

Did you see the Kavaxas clip? Because it looks like TC is gonna get roasted by the devil-dragon Joker.

Of course, who's to say Shredder won't somehow pull another revival? Hell, seeing as how the show has touched base with just about everything seen in the comics, shows, and films in some way, why not something that references his return in that shitty live-action show? I can just imagine it; Shredder's spirit returns and gets banished with pattycake happy talk bullshit like what Venus did. Probably even with Splinter appearing and saying "Come, brother. We shall delve into the afterlife, together."
>>
>>90250654
Has IDW tent crossed over to Usago yet?
>>
>>90250249
With Shredder and Splinter dead, there doesn't seem to be much else to keep the plot going beyond remaining Foot Clan mutants. I imagine the Foot will be disbanded, or taken over by Karai again and reformed into some kind of peace corps with the turtles teaching the human members Splinter's style to keep his legacy going.
>>
>>90261480
I agree but the problems are a bit bigger. Like the fact instead of having a ton of combos like transformers you pretty much only have one attack string, ninjutsu makes no sense, turtle switching requiring you to hold r1 and acyually can fuck you up by making wasting ninjutsu it should have been the main focus of the dpad instead of items. Enemy variety was dull should and you can not even combo rock soldiers. They should have went and made it more straight forward rather then all these dumb mini game objectives, buff shredder looks retarded he has never been buff besides as super shredder.

The costume were dull, should have been red headband and mirage designs

I know they can make a great tmnt game but they dropped the ball
>>
>>90262568
Is that bug emperor from space still alive? He or the triceratons would still be around right?
>>
>>90244901
it was meh
>>
anyone find it odd they they just accept Karai as a name? Even Splinter say it in the end.
>>
>>90268997
The problem is there wasn't any emotional catharsis for the characters involved. It felt very by-the-numbers, almost like the show itself was going through the motions rather than anything feeling definitive or earned.

Nick TMNT's lack of characterization is ultimately why it fails as a series. The characters are broadly-written catchphrase machines, their perspectives are never challenged or changed, and ultimately they never learn anything. They're just boring and cookie-cutter. And not even killing off Splinter (which admittedly was a ballsy move) is going to change that.
>>
>>90262233
no
>>
>>90263575
He got Kars'd last time I checked. I doubt they'd bring him back.
>>
They turtles still have to fight in the Nexus tournament and get a free wish.
>>
>>90263449
Eh, it was still fun for a few sittings, but definitely not the return to great TMNT gaming it should have been.
>>
>...is finished!
Leo didn't say 'dead'. That really bothers me. He'll be back somehow, wont he?
>>
>>90270086
Lack of characterization is somewhat normal for the series, at least within the cartoons. 87 show largely didn't do anything to make the turtles stand apart from each other even when being one of the first to do the differently colored bandanas to help differentiate them. 03 cartoon and 2012 show are more or less the same with the characters having some quirks that help each brother stand out (03 Leo going through some dark phases on his journey to leadership; Mikey's absentmindedness being the means for him to move and react near-perfectly in the 2012 series).

It is a shame that it's mostly the various comics where each of the boys gets the extensive character growth. Of course, that is the unfortunate price of being a kid's show; characterization is largely neglected because it means less work for the continuity, which in turns means it's easier to write the show for longer periods of time because nobody "grows up" in them.
>>
>>90271419
Nah, it's just the PG way of saying "I've killed him."

The picture near the start of the thread confirms they wanted to make the decapitation more obvious, but you know these networks; god forbid a kid learn the word kill when most of them are probably Cawadooty kiddies who hear far worse words in the dialogue of those titles, and on the multiplayer maps.
>>
It was weird seeing such a large collection of freakshows being solemn at a funeral. I hope a giant brained chicken shows up at my burial when I die.
>>
>>90271426
Actually the cartoons DO have characteristics for the turtles, they just don't fully match up with the Mirage comics for the most part.

Leo is the leader in both toons and comic, but in general Leo is the straight guy and in the 87, not even the lead character Turtle (that role goes to Don and Mikey in terms of spotlight). He's the leader and generally kind of boring.

Don is smart in both incarnations but Nick took his smartness and made him more socially awkward and nerdish.

Ralph got fucked over in the 87 cartoon, with very little spotlight and a personality that amounted to annoying smart-ass. Later cartoons have boosted his screentime and tried to skewer to the Mirage

Mikey is the most change. Mirage had him be silly but hiding a super serious artist side. Cartoons however, prefer the idea of him as a party animal type with elements of being too dumb to live.
>>
File: New Sheriff.png (320KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
New Sheriff.png
320KB, 600x456px
>>90271747
>>
>>90271863
Yea, but they don't have much depth in the cartoons compared to the comics where they all grow into much more distinct characters. Of course, the cartoons are meant to be largely episodic, and that makes it near impossible to do character growth because then you can't run things out of order then.
>>
Wait they killed the rat? I...I don't know if I want to binge this anymore
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.