[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hate. What went Wrong /co/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

File: 1487626011880.png (267KB, 493x739px) Image search: [Google]
1487626011880.png
267KB, 493x739px
>>
>>90223702
Her tits deflated.
>>
>>90223702
Retarded shilling and retarded stories.
>>
>>90223722
yeah...is she just like, wearing a binder? is she FTM? I think it'd be neat if she was actually FTM. but as is, yeah, makes no sense
>>
>>90223702
Still hasn't married Spider-Woman.
>>
File: 29_04.jpg (576KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
29_04.jpg
576KB, 1000x1537px
>>90223756
She hate Big Boobs. The irony.
>>
Kris Anka loves drawing Carol that way. He likes his muscle girls.
>>
>>90223756
power of a sports bra
>>
>>90223702
It's not so much that anything went wrong, as it's that nothing has gone right. Marvel has spent what, the last five years telling us to love Carol, without giving us any reasons as to why we should.

And when you try to force that kind of devotion inorganically, you end up getting an opposing force out of spite.
>>
>>90223702
Pic related is exactly what went wrong.
>>
Has she come out yet?
>>
File: claremonting.jpg (491KB, 999x1080px)
claremonting.jpg
491KB, 999x1080px
>>90223928
Still waiting, unfortunately
>>
File: 1487981903392.gif (2MB, 400x400px)
1487981903392.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>90223874
Sports bra is too strong.
>>
File: anonhatesmetemplate.png (286KB, 494x604px) Image search: [Google]
anonhatesmetemplate.png
286KB, 494x604px
Template
>>
>>90223702
They tried too hard to make her not only important but also ridiculously non threatening to any SJWs the result was a unbelievable and almost nonexistant character arc with none of the fun or characterization that Carol had in the past.

They tried to diversify the Marvel Trinity rather than just letting it happen naturally.
>>
>>90223702
She's the Roman Reigns of comics

>pushed beyond belief
>ruined with cornball unbefitting dialogue
>everyone hates her except Tumblr whales
>still pushed despite everyone clearly insinuating they don't give a fuck
>>
>>90224078
>She's the Roman Reigns of comics

So you're saying she'd work better as a villain or a midcarder?
>>
>>90223874
I just realized the absurd technology must be used to contain she-hulk's massive knockers.
>>
>>90224144
The answer is always unstable molecules.
>>
>>90223702
>every ongoing fails and is relaunched
>every time she gets some kind of an upgrade in status in universe
>even though she's not a popular character she's the most influential and popular character in the universe
>basically a traitor to superheroes, went overboard on her power and put Tony in a coma
>gets a promotion
>and another relaunch
>THE GREATEST
>YAAAASS QUEEN
>>
>>90223702
she become the mouthpiece of feminazi SJW empowerment.
that said, we can all agree she did not got all the hate she could have, so I suppose it's a kind of victory to marvel social justice branding!
like, five or six absolute sales failures, half a dozen not so good sales titles and the whole colapse and bankruptcy of marvel Comics, but hey, Capt feminazi is powerful so its all right.
and gotta say, the way they turned captain america in an ACTUAL NAZI so capt marvel can defeat him? pure genious. keep it up marvel, keep it up
>>
File: 1463023554758.jpg (7KB, 250x250px)
1463023554758.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>90223756
>I think it'd be neat if she was actually FTM
>>
I think they should have waited till after the movie to start pushing her, at least then they'd have something to work off of. She has like no comics, as Captain Marvel, to make her naturally likeable to the majority of their readers.
>>
>>90224099
All of my yes
>>
>>90224334
hahaha, oh wow. its true, the Movie.
will it be THE movie to break the Marvel winning streak?
>>
>>90224334
if wonder woman flops, what will Marvel do to captain marvel movie?
you think they will rethink it? or they will go all Sony/ghostbusters and force it down to spite the patriarchy?
od, so many things to discuss in this thread
>>
She was never popular, it was KSD's over the top personality that was popular. This super quirky red head who constantly makes duck faces was the personality of the book, not Carol.

Carol Danvers fails because Marvel has offered no reason for you to like her.
>>It's Carol Danvers!
>>What's so great about her?
>>She's Carol Danvers!
>>Okay, what does she do?
>>She kicks butt!
>>But most superheroes kick butt.
>>Yes, but those heroes aren't Carol Danvers!
And that's what's wrong. They never give you reason to get interested outside you should be interested. She's the Paris Hilton of Superheroes.
To give you an idea of how nonexistent her franchise is, look at the Lego Avengers level about Captain Marvel:
https://youtu.be/BsxfkOFQLDY
>>
>>90224406
People are gonna watch it regardless, unless they get the same marketing guys from Ghostbusters and tell you that if you don't watch this movie, you're sexist. Then the movie will probably do as well as Doctor Strange probably.
>>
>>90224504
just want to point out that ghost busters was so bad Sony had to sell spider man franchising rights to save their stock value.
what was good, because now we can have spider man in avengers.
but heck, who in his sane mind would risk to repeat that blunder in this lifetime?
>>
>>90224593
I hope they do, and we get fantastic four.
>>
>>90224449
>She was never popular
She sold better as a fapbait. 54 issues.
>>
>>90224630
daaamn... good thinking mate
now I want marvel to FUCK SHIT UP even more.
if they keep ruining everything we can wven get ROM back.
i miss Rom.
>>
>>90224334
This. Marvel got so impatient when the Phase 3 was announced that they went all out for series for all the future stuff but it just lead to busts. Most of the writers are just waiting for the films to come out to base their comics around. Lord knows that's what Bendis does.
>>90224406
I would say Spider-Man Homecoming will break the streak. It'll do really well financially, but I bet people will be disappointed.
>>
>>90224666
you can't argue with those trips
>>
>>90224446
>if wonder woman flops, what will Marvel do to captain marvel movie?

they'll push the fuck out of it, and laugh harder when it makes a decent amount of money. Marvel's proved to be competent with even the weirdest of concepts ie antman and guardians of the galaxy
>>
>>90224706
>I would say Spider-Man Homecoming will break the streak. It'll do really well financially, but I bet people will be disappointed.
most people already consider it a failure, its Sony last fuck up before returning Spider man home.
>>
>>90224099
She started as a midcarder. The problem was that Marvel was looking for a character they could put into a movie that wasn't wrapped up in cross studio bullshit and Carol was the first they could find.

Storm is Marvel's most recognizable character, but she's part of Fox. She-Hulk has a following and a more consistent publishing history, but you can't do her because Hulk is mixed up with Universal.

>>90224334
Yes.
>>
>>90224729
Any Man didn't make a whole lot of money, and GotG was obviously going to do well with casuals
>>
>>90224723
True.
>>
>>90224729
yeah, Disney commands those movies, they aren't like marvel Comics executives.
>>
>>90224786
>Any Man didn't make a whole lot of money

considering how troubled its production was and how stupid it's concept was, no one was expecting it to make any money. The fact that it didn't flop is a miracle
>>
>>90224593
But Spider-Man rights were sold back before the rebooted Ghostbusters.
>>90224504
After seeing the video of Phase 3's future, I'm optimistic that Marvel Studios knows what's up. I mean, GOTG 2, Thor 3 and Black Panther look like they will step outside their comfort zone, and after this year, only Captain Marvel and Spider-Man 2 (Sony's side) will be filming for 2019. I'm sure Marvel Studios can put a lot of effort in Captain Marvel's film.

But I must say, the fact that Nicole Pearlman said that writing Captain Marvel has been extremely hard to do, and we STILL have no director yet, we're probably in for a tough sell film. How do you make a franchise out of a character with no famous stories or established Status Quo?
>>
>>90224706
>I would say Spider-Man Homecoming will break the streak. It'll do really well financially, but I bet people will be disappointed.
anyone knows something about reshots and re-editings after Sony surrender it back to marvel?
>>
Telling the audience that a character is popular doesn't make them popular, it makes them seem obnoxious.
>>
>>90224754
Thing is, the hype for Homecoming is unreal on the rest of the net. I even seen a Top 10 video on Youtube claiming it's the most hyped MCU film of Phase 3.
>>
>>90224874
>But Spider-Man rights were sold back before the rebooted Ghostbusters.
naw man, they still had some of the rights to sell toys and stuff, they just agreed to give creative control or some shit up so they could shove spidey in the MCU.
>>
>>90224881
Marvel have creative control, Sony just fronts the cash (and takes the profits).
>>
>>90224786
I think the decision to have Paul Rudd as Ant-Man hurt the movie. He's a recognizable figure, sure, but I think that gave audiences the general impression that it was just going to be some comedy movie.
>>
>>90224893
It's like how Marvel thinks making a new character "Smartest" makes them likable.
>>
>>90224924
yeah, that kind of hype will profit, even if the movie is... another ghostbusters.
>>
>>90224729
okay but at least ant-man and gotg had actually stories to base off, what does captain carol have?
>>
>>90223702
Her new design is just such an eyesore. It's a visual medium, after all.
>>
>>90224983
>what does captain carol have?

nothing, so they'll have to write a decent story whole cloth out of thin air. Luckily the writers at the MCU are not the writers at marvel comics, so maybe they'll write something decent for a change.
>>
>>90224936
But it was a comedy and Paul Rudd did nail it. In fact, he was one of the outstanding parts of Civil War, even though my theater didn't even know who Ant-Man was during that film.

Ant-Man was a hard pitch with a film whose director left before production, and it's a miracle it's as good as it is. The commercials and trailers kind of hurt the film too.
>>
>>90224983
The plot for GotG was virtually it's own original thing, they based virtually nothing about Star-Lord from the comics, they could do the same for Carol.
>>
>>90224983
dunno.
even with her fronting the second civil war or what fuckery that even was, I cant recall her having any relevancy in the last couple years, and she literally put ironman into a coma... like, nothing she does sticks. they manage to keep her tasteless and irrelevant even when HULK and IRONMAN get fucked under her orders.
honestly, I think no one knows what to do with her so she can live to expectations.
and she already got hulk and ironman sacrificed to boost her status.
the next one will be captain america, or captain super nazi bad guy.
>>
>>90224983
I direct you back to >>90224449
nobody has a clue where to take this film.
>>90225034
Didn't they say that they were changing the origins because "it's too much like Green Lantern's origins", which is straight up bullshit as Green Lantern's origins aren't widely known and yet Dr. Strange has a similar origins to Iron Man.
>>
>>90225068
I know, but that's why it hurt it. Most comedies people usually don't watch them in theaters.

I too think he was great, I'm just telling you what I think the general audience must have thought of him as the role before actually having seen the movie.
>>
>>90225116
I think they mean it's similar in the sense of, an alien's mantle gets passed to a human.
>>
>>90225192
I still think it was just the premise of ANT-MAN.
He's unknown, his name is lame, his gimmick is lame, so yeah, people thought it would stink.
>>
>>90225237
So no Mar-Vel.
>>
>>90224449
It doesn't help her legacy when you look into it is all kinds of fucked up. Not the kind of person you look up to.
>>
>>90225317
Probably? Star-Lord isn't the son of J'son, nor an austronaut, nor does he get his title from the Master of the Sun or whatever. So yeah, Carol could pretty much get her powers from non-Kree related tech if they wanted to.
>>
>>90225317
Which is what they are sort of doing in the comics after KSD's first run, which is bs cause everyone knows about mar-vell and death of captain marvel.
>>
>>90223702

stupid stories
artists who can't draw women, you know
this guys can't draw Danvers with a fracking beauty face, curve body, this is comics!
awful editors
>>
>>90225090
>she already got hulk and ironman sacrificed to boost her status.
To be fair, Iron Man got sacrificed to make way for Bendis' latest diversity pet OC, Riri Williams, and Banner was just for cheap shock value to boost sales. Neither one did anything to boost Carol's status.
>>
Oh, look. ANOTHER Carol thread. You guys need a fucking general or something this is ridiculous.
>>
>>90226519
Clam down cupcake.
>>
File: Lila.jpg (133KB, 837x1394px) Image search: [Google]
Lila.jpg
133KB, 837x1394px
>>90226484
Fuck Riri. Why does she even exist? If you really wanted to make a black girl Iron Man why not make Rhodey's niece Iron Man?
>>
>>90223702
KSD mostly, we had a great Carol comic with Reed's run, then the next time she got a solo KSD wiped her memory and turned her into the tranny2we have now days
>>
>>90223820
>Carol Danvers co-operates with Trump
>Kamala Khan disavows her hero sonces childhood
>Evevryone hates Carol again
>>
>>90226519
We decided to have a thread on Mondays, but Carol is apparently too popular to contain.

yaas queen
>>
>>90223702
She gave Captain Marvel aids and he died.
>>
>>90226788
Because Bendis needs to have his special snowflake characters.
>>
>>90226836
I still find hilarious that Reed, a sub average comic writer manged to have a carol comic that lasted 50 issues straight and modern marvel can't seem to get a carol book to last past issue 8 before needing a relaunch even with the giant push they keep giving the character.
>>
>>90228111
>She gave Captain Marvel aids and he died.
It was Nitro He Gave mar vell cancer and started CW1 not bad for a C Lister villain.
>>
>>90228377
I know, it was just a dirty joke.
>>
>>90228521
>I know, it was just a dirty joke.
I know
>>
>>90224078
>>90224099
modern WWE is weird

i can get why people don't like roman but 90% of the roster is so fucking bland
>>
>>90223702
Many reasons. One of the big ones is Marvel constantly telling us both out of comics and inside through character dialgue how she's so amazing and everyone loves her when I know tgat's a giant lie.
>>
File: fuck the police.gif (1MB, 354x232px)
fuck the police.gif
1MB, 354x232px
>>90223702
I look at Carol the way I look at Will Smith. I look at what he was, then I look at Jaydon Smith, then regardless of what I think of him now I feel bad for Will Smith.

The difference between Carol and Will of course being that Carol has some glimmer of hope to be retconed so her colossal failures never happened, while Will suffers eternal damnation in the world of the living
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.