[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Prime_and_Time_Trapper.jpg (42KB, 300x430px) Image search: [Google]
Prime_and_Time_Trapper.jpg
42KB, 300x430px
Alright /co/ I'm looking for a copypasta about hakwman's ridiculously convoluted character art explaining his current costume.
Other than that I'd love to get posts or copypastas about your favourite ridiculous storylines.
>>
>>90220044
> Thanagar's champion, Hawkman can talk to birds. He also can't talk to birds. Sometimes, he can't even speak normally at all! Even if he could talk normally, or to birds, there are no birds on Thanagar, because it does not exist. Hawkman was sent here to study Earthly police methods, because Thanagar's own methods suck! That's OK though, because Thanagar still does not exist! Yet it is populated by peaceful barbarians! Who are stupid, and also warlike!

>Like all non-existant Thanagarians, Hawkman has human legs! Which are reincarnated legs! Alien legs! Egyptian legs! Thanagarian legs! Bird legs! God legs! Bird-God legs! This is because he's ... a God! An Earthman! A Thanagarian! An American! An Egyptian! A common human! A reincarnated prince! A hawk! A God! A God-Hawk! A Hawk-God! A God-like Hawk God of Other, Less Godly Hawks!

>In New England, the weather is so prone to change there's an old saying: "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes." To paraphrase this saying: 'If you don't like the current version of Thanagar -- or even its very existence -- wait five minutes."
>>
File: Hawkbackstory.png (311KB, 1336x2272px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkbackstory.png
311KB, 1336x2272px
>>90220044
This one?
>>
>>90221050
How do we fix hawkman /co/?
Personally I think his Egyptian side should be focused on, he works more as a magical character than a sci fi one. Maybe his powers were granted to him by Horus and he fights manifestations of Set in the modern day.

Also make him ethnically Egyptian for diversity points.
>>
Fuck I don't know why it's so complicated. Ancient Thanagarian cop crashed on Earth, boned a princess, assfucked cursed them to be endlessly reincarnated, modern Hawkman learns the whole of it and has sometimes magic, sometimes science adventures.
>>
>>90221499
It's honestly not much worse than most heroes who have existed a long time.

More largely you can't get rid of the sci-fi angle because Rann-Thanagar has been basically the main non-GL cosmic DC storyline the past 20 years or so.
>>
Who has the MOST complicated backstory in comics? Hawkman? Psylocke? Guy Gardner?
>>
>>90221730
Donna Troy
>>
>>90221730
Donna Troy is pretty bad. Hell they finally introduced her in the new 52 and then she was retconned again in less than a year.
>>
>>90221770
This.
>>
>>90221730
Donna Troy is ten times more convulted than Hawkman. She even ended up being some sort of Multiversal anomaly/goddess.
>>
>>90221730
Cable ?
>>
File: Donna Troy.jpg (240KB, 734x1089px) Image search: [Google]
Donna Troy.jpg
240KB, 734x1089px
>>90221770
>>90221877
>>90221807
>>
>>90221499
Johns made it pretty simple.

They're the constant reincarnations of two lovers that have existed for billions of years. For awhile they were reincarnated on Thanagar, where they eventually left in a spaceship and crash landed in Egypt. They were kill by Wotan and continued to reincarnate throughout history, until one time the guy was an archeologist named Carter Hall who found their old Thanagar tech in Egypt and hooked up with Hawkgirl.

Then you have the thing with Kendra Saunders killing herself and her body being inhabited by Hawkgirl's spirit or whatever.

The Hawkman and Hawkwoman that were space cops in modern day Thanagar are wholly unrelated.
>>
File: Hawkmancontinuity.jpg (105KB, 400x628px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkmancontinuity.jpg
105KB, 400x628px
>>90220044
>>90221079
>>90221050
>>90221499
>>
>>90221079
Thanks anon, thats exactly what I wanted.
>>
>>90221986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPSCjnwD3gc
>>
>>90222006
Actually Johns just made it even worse.....

Hawkgirl II was supposed to Golden Age Hawkgirl's niece but then she bcame a corpse the spirit of GA Hawkgirl possessed but had amnesia and was made to think she was her neice.

Also the simplest way to fix Hawkman is to just jetison EVERYTHING Hawkworld related sans the original mini-series, which was always intended to be a flashback story.

That or just sticking to the space cop version, which is far less convoluted than the Egyptian Hawkgod crap.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.