[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw you realise there inevitably will be another phoenix event

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: SufferingJean.png (484KB, 596x748px) Image search: [Google]
SufferingJean.png
484KB, 596x748px
>yfw you realise there inevitably will be another phoenix event
>>
>>90217204
Hopefully the event will send the time displaced original 5 back to their home which in my book is good.
>>
>the Phoenix
>the Phoenix
>the Phoenix
>over and over and over
>Jean Jean Jean JEEEEEEAAAN
>let's just ignore this other mutant empowered by a cosmic abstract in addition to his unrelated mutant abilities
>>
>>90217254
Hopefully it turns out that they were pulled from an alternate timeline, which ends up having no effect on 616 and thus de-gays Iceman.
>>
What happened during the last one? Jean goes on trial for some reason?
>>
>>90217421
There is no way to degay the iceman now, "progressive" retcons are unchangeble
>>
It's like, just when you think they're going to end it comes back.
>>
>>90217204
Fuck her for forcing Iceman to be gay!

So degenerate
>>
>>90217449
The Phoenix wasn't in that storyline. Jean got a new power that has since been completely ignored by Lemire and most likely Hopeless
>>
>>90217488
This. You can change a white straight character into literally anything but if you try to double back on it you will be worse than Hitler
>>
>>90217488
Making him bi would be fine. Could just say he was a little confused due to the repression.
>>
>>90217309
>Doorman just super kills the Phoenix and Jean and goes home

There's your big event Marvel.
>>
>>90217204
Realize*
>>
Jesus, is that Rexxiection art?
>>
>>90217488
Sure there is, just start with him saying he's Bi and have him go out with chicks again, then just sweep the whole "Liking Guys" part under the rug to never be spoke of again.

Problem solved.
>>
File: 1374808291054.jpg (85KB, 490x386px) Image search: [Google]
1374808291054.jpg
85KB, 490x386px
>>90217204
>mfw I realized that X-Men is complete shit right now already anyway and this will be just another shit event on the pile
>>
>>90218345
He could still suck a dick every now and then. Problem with the retcon is changing the context of all past relationships like that and devaluing fans' emotional connection to them.
>>
>>90217719
I'd buy it.
>>
>>90217204
I'm digging the art. It looks similar to Ramon Villalobos' art. He drew the art for the Secret Wars New X-Men tie-in.
>>
>>90217421
They are

That's why they couldn't send them back, their universe was destroyed during the Incursions
>>
>>90220685
>being gay devalues fan's emotional connection to a character
>Fans develop theory to prevent adult Iceman from being gay
>Bendis implying being gay is forced unto a person.
>implying people aren't gay unless told they are.
>bierasure gone rampant.

Iceman fans are shallow.
>>
>>90223142
Again it's not the gayness but rather the "these relationships you read about and invested in were never legitimate" that causes the issue. Take away the sexuality aspect, it's like how people were mad when DC got rid of most classic pairings after Flashpoint. You just shouldn't do it.
>>
>>90223142
Nigger, an alternate timeline version got told he's suddenly "gay" by a telepath who's already shown not to be adverse against fucking with people's heads, which suddenly makes his unrelated adult counterpart super gay even though he's gone through an entire history of comics with no hint or suggestion of it and was banging chicks up to the previous arc before the retcon.

Shit is fucking retarded.
>>
>>90223234
Just because he was a closet gay doesn't mean his past hetero romances don't matter. They were very important to Iceman, regardless of his sexual preference.

His feelings were valid to each and every woman he dated. The only difference now is Iceman has sex with guys. Sex and sexuality are not the same thing.

He can have romantic feelings for women, still. All that's changed is he likes guys in bed.
>>
>>90223380
>Just because he was a closet gay
No see, there's the problem. He wasn't closet gay. He was for all intents and purposes straight, with no hint of liking men until a telepath told him he was.

If we had a comic arc where a telepath suddenly up and told Northstar he was straight, and he went out and started banging chicks we'd have just as much of a problem with it.
>>
They making the next movie about Pheonix. I'm really dreading Sophie Turner's version of that role.
>>
>>90223142
>>90223142
>implying people arent gay unless they're told they are
By telepaths you mean? Right because we have so many of those running around in real life.
Also as for bi erasure, as bisexual I find this concept retarded because people complain about bi inclusion being a cop out for """"real"""" gays. Can't win with SJWs so you really should just never play the game.
>>
>>90217309
>when you realize this idiot is a servant of Oblivion and could probably kill Norrin Radd or Thor
>>
>>90223443
Okay, I think I understand. I remember Nurse Annie outing Iceman in a male strip club at Polaris' bachelorettes party.
>>
>>90223544
This telepathic is Jean Grey. She's been trying to convert Iceman gay since the 90s, when Jean was having marital problems. Psylocke was trying to initiate an affair with Cyclops.
>>
>>90223677
Post the page.
>>
>>90220685
>Iceman fans
It's not that they offended imaginary Iceman fnas. It's the fact that this gay thing has led to an Iceman push, where bot one, but two versions of Iceman take up space and spotlight on books that already were barely fun to read if at all.
>>
Bendis wanted his GLAAD award

its that simple
>>
Not sure where the X-men are at right now, (trying to catch up on Rebirth) but this could surely turn the tides in the IvX event, or any planned event that involves the X-men.
>>
Remember when they tried to tie the Phoenix to the Iron Fist franchise in AvX?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.