[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLACK LIGHTNING Adds Cress Williams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: black_lightening_criss_.jpg (71KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
black_lightening_criss_.jpg
71KB, 768x433px
>Cress Williams has been cast in the lead role of Jefferson Pierce in The CW's BLACK LIGHTNING, developed by Salim Akil and Mara Brock Akil and produced by Greg Berlanti.

>BLACK LIGHTNING centers on Jefferson Pierce, "a meta-human vigilante who made a choice to hang up his suit and his secret identity years ago to become a high school principal. But with a star student being recruited by a local gang and a daughter hellbent on justice, Jefferson is pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and crimefighting legend — Black Lightning."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cress-williams-set-as-black-lightning-cws-greg-berlanti-dc-drama-979515?utm_source=twitter
>>
>>90213661
awww shit this sounds good.

Static Shock cameo when?
>>
Yeah, seems like this could work. Casuals would think he's an adult static shock and would tune in, the fact that since he's like a middle aged guy would hopefully cut down on the unnecessary cheesecake fluff. The early Tony Isabella material is grounded enough to be easily done in an episodic TV format. Plus they can get into this whole black lives matter thing. Also, if they fuck up his costume I'm gonna be so mad. Wonder if they'll use the newer sleeker design or the funky afro hat. Though wonder why they removed the part of him being a former Olympic Champion Decathlon

>Daughter hellbent on Justice
Thunder? Oh cool.
>>
File: 1487193133618.jpg (77KB, 534x712px) Image search: [Google]
1487193133618.jpg
77KB, 534x712px
Character breakdowns for the lead roles in the series.

JEFFERSON PIERCE (Cress Williams)

>A former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner who is now principal of a high school in South Central Los Angeles. A father figure to his students and hero to the local community. Jefferson is charming, charismatic, smart, and has both warmth and humor. He is devoted to his two daughters and remains deeply in love with his ex-wife Lynn. He also has a great passion for justice and a quick temper that he has spent years learning how to control.

>LYNN PIERCE (Female, African-American, mid 30s to 50) I Exudes confidence and intelligence. Beautiful, but not to be trifled with. Can exhibit both great emotional depth as well as a flirtatious, mischievous side.

>ANISSA PIERCE (Female. African-American, to play 22) I Jefferson's elder daughter. Beautiful, quick-witted and intelligent; intense and passionate. Anissa has a great respect for her father and balances the demands of medical school with her duties as a part-time teacher at Jefferson’s school.

>JENNIFER PIERCE (Female. African-American, 18 to play 16) I Jefferson’s younger daughter. Jennifer is a scholar athlete; beautiful with a lean, athletic runner’s build. She is the entitled feminist of the Pierce family. Independent and outspoken with a wild streak.
>>
This almost sounds promising.
>>
>>90213786
>>90213751
oh wait they didn't, he's still a decathlete.

>>90213803
I really do.
>>
Thank god CW got a old guy to play Jefferson.
>>
>>90213890
no shit. im actually interested in a middle aged superhero
>>
>>90213921
>im actually interested in a middle aged superhero
Same Here.
>>
It's not part of the Arrowverse, is it?
>>
>>90213951
Unclear.
>>
>>90213951
Wouldn't be surprised if it's Supergirl since he's powered
>>
>>90213965
>>90214047
pretty unlikely. Those shows are filming in Vancouver. This is in Atlanta.
>>
>>90214062
Still a BerlantI hwaded project. It can be set in the Supergirl verse with them only occasionally crossing over
>>
>>90213924
Manhunter?
>>
>>90213786
>All black cast

Call BET.
It's not gonna make it.
>>
>>90213695
>Static Shock cameo when?

Static has a live action show in development at Machinima so probably never unless that falls through.
>>
>>90214539
Sure
>>
>>90214596
>Machinima
It probably already fell through seeing as how little we've heard of it. Then again Scalped apparently is still happening despite like years of inactivity so what the fuck.
>>
>>90214047
Supergirl's Earth doesn't have metahumans other than Parasite, Livewire and Silver Banshee (who is semi-mystical in nature)

Everyone else is aliens
>>
Are there any white women in? You know, just to diversify the cast.
>>
>>90215198
>Are there any white women in?

Doesn't seem like it.
Watch them make one of the daughters a lesbian with a white GF though for diversity.
>>
>>90215870
... she is for an asian woman Her girlfriend was grace does no one here read comics
>>
>>90215198
There probably an asian role coming up.
>cast Grace Choi /co/
>>
>>90216014
>/CO/
>Reading comics
Do I even need to say it?
>>
>>90216033
Then why would you comment on a thread if you havent read the source material
>>
What I want from this.
>Tobias Whale
>Masters of disasters
>Outsiders
>>
>>90216064
To see if people are talking about the comics.
>>
>>90216071
And you know what? He and the Blue devil had a good crossover once so let's add him to my wishlist.
>>
>only one daughter

wtf
>>
Mostly unrelated question, but can anyone explain to me why Cyborg was picked over Black Lightning as "The down to earth token black" addition to the modern Justice League lineup? I never understood that when BL has so much more potential for interesting stories and dynamics than Cyborg. Plus a much better design.
>>
>>90216156
Read the damn casting calls
>ANISSA PIERCE (Female. African-American, to play 22) I Jefferson's elder daughter. Beautiful, quick-witted and intelligent; intense and passionate. Anissa has a great respect for her father and balances the demands of medical school with her duties as a part-time teacher at Jefferson’s school.
>JENNIFER PIERCE (Female. African-American, 18 to play 16) I Jefferson’s younger daughter. Jennifer is a scholar athlete; beautiful with a lean, athletic runner’s build. She is the entitled feminist of the Pierce family. Independent and outspoken with a wild streak.
>>
>>90216156
Nevermind, I should have read more than the OP. >>90213786. All is well.

>>90216161
I think they thought that him being known from TT would help. He was in Smallville's JL as well and in the comics JL a little pre-Flashpoint. But as far as Black Lightning goes Johns (on the company's behalf) only made up with BL's creator very recently. WB still could have chosen to shill him since I believe they had the full rights to use him regardless, but that can be an awkward situation. Still probably should have been Vixen or Mr. Terrific (yes he's legacy but you can do a version of him without it) though.
>>
>>90216161
For the last time, nobody knows who Black Lightning is. Static, John, and Cyborg are the only black guys people know. John would've replaced Hal and Static's rights are fucked up.

They literally only chose Cyborg because New 52 was for pushing movie shit before it actually happened.
>>
>>90216450
Should have been Vixen

Or Firestorm
>>
>>90216450
There's enough time to promote a character so that they'd be known. Like it's not hard to argue that Bumblebee might actually be more known than Cyborg right now due to the very popular doll line and it's only been out like a year.
>>
Is it being handled by Berlanti and his group of merry men? if so, it is doooooomed.
>>
>>90216161
Because black guys with electricity powers fell out of vouge when someone pointed it out.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.