[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone hate this episode. Did it strike too close to home?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 473
Thread images: 85

File: IMG_7110.jpg (89KB, 750x848px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7110.jpg
89KB, 750x848px
Why does everyone hate this episode. Did it strike too close to home?
>>
Zuke Lapidot garbage.
>>
>>90201795
Because Ronaldo was right.
>>
>>90202188
How
>>
nothing happened, it was boring
>>
>>90202227
Because he is right. Gems are nothing but monster attracting beasts that care not for humanity, only for the will of a fat, pink, bitch.
>>
File: IMG_0263.png (360KB, 1111x1708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0263.png
360KB, 1111x1708px
zuke effectively. Ronaldo made me cringe too much, like everything he did was either too much of a dick or too much of a weeb and not in the good way. And that fucking shit with the rock people. This episode was garbage man, cant we give ronalado a chance to be a decent person
>>
>>90202517
>And that fucking shit with the rock people.
Its a joke
>>
Zuke, as usual. Every episode with Zuke involved is terrible.
>>
>>90202517
>And that fucking shit with the rock people.

Anon! That's racist!
>>
>>90201795
THEY HATE MEN!?
>>
There wasn't a lot of action and it was just Ronaldo complaining. If anything, it made me dislike his character.
>>
>>90202707
what were lapis and peridot up to i missed that
>>
Ronaldo is like Onion. He's a walking gag who's far less entertaining when they try to focus on him as a character.
>>
>>90202880
Hold on a second there pal. Don't talk about my mans Onion like that. That boy's got layers.
>>
>>90201795
It was fine, I found some bits funny and Steven finally grew a spine more or less

it was just another meh episode inbetween the "Waiting for the Diamonds to show up"

Tiger has to be the last filler no way they don't do HW invasion in less than five episodes
>>
>>90201795
>Did it strike too close to home
I'm starting to think people around here don't actually know what that means.
>>
>>90202975
This post strikes too close to home
>>
It's just Ronaldo being an annoying neckbeard weeb as usual. He didn't develop as a character at all and nothing significant really happened.

Basically, more townie filler trash.
>>
File: IMG_0295.png (171KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0295.png
171KB, 500x423px
>>90202660

It aint racist if were talking about rocks.
>>
>>90203307
>but cousin, she's not dead. She's inside of Steven.
>>
>>90203339
>>90201795
OH CRAP!! I just realized that Rose turning into STeven is a metaphor for transgender surgery.
Quite literally turning the vagina and or penis inside out to function as the other gender's genitalia.
>i'm gonna go throw up now.
>>
>>90203307
did greg marry rose or was steven a bastard
>>
>>90203384
he never married her so yes
>>
>>90201795
Because they ran the same gags they always run when Ronaldo appears
Except this was an entire episode of it. Some were good but it's not enough to carry an episode
>>
>>90203376
I'm pretty sure Steven is pretty clear that he's not Rose.

It'd be like saying Korra is just Aang with his dick cut off.

this bait is delicious
>>
I'M
A
CRYSTAL GEM
TOO
>>
>>90202391

*cough*

This post, so much.

>>90203307

>dead wife happy

I read that as "dad wife happy".

Like some kinda jab at SJW logic.
>>
>>90201795

Because everyone thought it was gonna be some huge, gloves off, SJW vs. /pol/tard smackdown based on the preview, and it ended up just being a regular boring filler episode.
>>
>>90202682
Why is /co/ this easy to trigger?
>>
>>90204404

Implying people haven't caught on that the show is literally a lesbian sexual dance off, SJW, Tumblr, far left, 1,000,000 different gendered wet dream train of retardedness that hates all things men.
>>
>>90205563
Then why is that the show is very clear that if Steven were just raised by his lesbian moms he'd be a total basket case? His most healthy relationship is with his straight white male, small business owner, non college educated father.
>>
>>90202142
More specifically Betas officially marks the spot where Zuke's depictions of Lapis and Peridot so thoroughly break with the Crewniverse's depictions that they border on genuine OOC. Unfortunately the fandom eats that shit up, so they take Zuke's depictions as the originals.

Of course now whenever the rest of the crew writes them they seem far more weird and cynical and mean spirited.
>>
>>90205563
You are being triggered over a cartoon.
>>
>>90201795
How could everyone hate it? It only came out like 6 hours ago.
>>
>>90201795
Because they advertised the episode with a picture of Bloodstone, had they never done that, while less would tune into the episode, it'd be far less hated.
>>
File: dude gems lmao.png (192KB, 671x380px) Image search: [Google]
dude gems lmao.png
192KB, 671x380px
>>90201795
For those of you are confused, save yourself 11 minutes and watch this summary that essentially provides the full experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUJ8BbHkg6U
>>
I don't get why everyone is so negative about this show. I like to sit down and just watch.
>>
>>90206370
Negativity is purely fandom based, the more you're involved the more it effects you.
>>
>>90206370

Too much filler, too much downtime, and way, way too much moping from various characters, enemies or otherwise.

Someone is always crying or moaning about some inner turmoil they haven't been able to get over in the last 500 years until the pudge shouts some human platitudes at them and they suddenly get it.

I like(d) the show, but it's taking too long to land the plane at this point. Remember George's pitch about a show where "nothing happens"? Turns out it wasn't Seinfeld, it was Steven Universe.
>>
File: bloodstone.jpg (120KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bloodstone.jpg
120KB, 1080x1080px
>>90201795
>>
File: real fred.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
real fred.png
1MB, 852x854px
>>90206306
Jesus Christ that was fucking cringe inducing.
>>
>>90202391
>fat
nigga the only thing fat about her is her ass and tits
>>
>>90206306
Yo this episode fucking sucked.
>>
File: later homo.jpg (56KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
later homo.jpg
56KB, 500x499px
>>90206306
Atleast Zuke is gone.

Silver linings.
>>
I haven't watched the show a since the Pearl and Mystery Girl episode which I hated and then decided to drop the show permanently after ZukeGate because the drama and trying to excuse stupid writing was so dumb that I gave up on it because at this point there was only so much stupid I could handle. The pacing was bad, the animation continued to look bad and I just had a gut feeling this will all turn out like Breezy again and I decided to end it before it got that bad.

Was I being unfair to the show and should give it another chance or did I make the right move?
>>
>>90206306

Holy shit. All that was missing was Sonic the Hedgehog giving a PSA at the end about treating people with respect.
>>
>>90206818

I'd say you made the right move considering the show is taking forever to get to any kind of a point.
>>
>>90201795
It was bad all around, the concept was decent but they did absolutely nothing with it.
They EASILY could've just had Ronaldo pester Steven so much he actually takes him somewhere, and then Steven has to make up for himself and protect Ronaldo for a bit. Then they make the peace pact and steven grows from this encounter, rather than just putting in MORE winks at the fans.
Dunno why this episode even came on, honestly. Ronaldo doesn't hate the gems anymore but we saw that already with his last episode.
>>
i agree the episode was kind of terrible but remember this is still a kids show there's still basic morals that need to be highlighted in some episodes. i'm sure the diamonds will come down to earth soon enough and all sorts of lore shit will happen. don't give up yet

that being said, if tiger philanthropist is shit im quitting the show forever
>>
File: 1443385384615.jpg (97KB, 759x446px) Image search: [Google]
1443385384615.jpg
97KB, 759x446px
>>90206818
If this episode is any indication, you made the right move.

Good Job, Anon.
>>
File: im steven aware.png (289KB, 441x575px) Image search: [Google]
im steven aware.png
289KB, 441x575px
>>90201795
can i get an edit of this with a ny jets logo
>>
Ronaldo episodes are supposed to be poking fun at the audience. I feel like they were trying to poke fun at Gemsonas and bossy people on the internet.
>>
>>90201795

Everyone has second-hand embarassment because we all know someone like this.

Or ARE someone like this.
>>
everything leading up to the episode to the episode itself was bad
>>
>>90206818
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APofVcNyxHg&t=4s

Last steven bomb was great minus one filler episode. I desipised that espiside to and since zuke is fired or quit or w.e, we will only have to deal with 3-4 more shttty episodes.
>>
>>90206861
>>90206940
Damn, I guess the space arc wasn't great either?
I don't feel joy in seeing things I liked go bad.
>>
>>90207029
Without spoiling can you tell me what the arc does right? Maybe I'll just skip to that if it sounds good.
>>
>>90204404
Because /co/ is just /pol/ but with less swastikas. This place is still very much a cishet boys club, despite the efforts to change it for the better
>>
File: 1437922990659.jpg (7KB, 205x224px) Image search: [Google]
1437922990659.jpg
7KB, 205x224px
>>90207093
kys my man
>>
>>90207081
I felt the pacing was good (save for that filler) and gave an excellent in depth look at the villains motives and why the are villains. I am poor at explaining things but I enjoyed the world building and new characters they introduced in this arc.

They do a great job capturing the essence of an other wordy demi god I would say.
>>
god this show is just getting worse
>>
>>90207093
The dick makes it cuter
>>
They tried to do cringe humour but it didn't feel real at all, making it not cringe just awkward in all the wrong ways. Especially when he was fucking around with the sword. It was just all off.

Also the political message was massively unsubtle and hamfisted.

Ronaldo is an ass and an oaf but part of his schtick is that his whacky conspiracy theories aren't entirely wrong. That's funny and what makes him work within the setting. But instead they grew over reliant on using Ronaldo as a stupid Person-I-Don't-Like-of-the-Week stand in. Somebody who can say the mean things to get the filler moving and to provide drama. Though it's unsurprising somebody like Zuke doesn't even attempt to accurately portray the character she is paid to write for personal agenda. Glad she's gone.

>An episode where Ronaldo is constantly lampooned for taking blogging too seriously
>Written by fucking Zuke of all people

>Steven arbitrarily deciding that rock person was offensive despite the fact it has even been said before just so they have some kind of slur analogy
>>
>>90206861
It only seems that way because we have to wait a whole week for an 11 minute episode that may or may not be good. Other shows tend to premiere with two of those, meaning they have about 50% less chance of disappointment. If tonight we got Rocknaldo plus Tiger Philanthropist, chances are better we wouldn't feel fucking cheated. CN is fucking over SU premieres in more ways than one.
>>
>>90207180
Rondalo is supposed to be a stand in for the grown up audience.
>>
>>90207093
Seeing what you did there, anon.
>>
File: this bitch.jpg (34KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
this bitch.jpg
34KB, 600x403px
>>90207214
>the grown up audience.
>>
>>90207157
Alright anon, I'll check it out later. Thanks.
I really hope you're right about the show getting good again.
>>90207204
But it's not just a couple of filler episodes, it's a whole stream of mediocre episodes before you get a good one. This has always been the case but it feels the not lore episodes are getting worse and worse because now it feels they're screwing with the characters development.
>>
>>90207240
us, tumblr, reddit

those man children at conventions that ask the stupid questions at the panels.

Connie is clearly meant to represent the "intended" audience of children and pre teens.
>>
File: Jojo 30.jpg (67KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Jojo 30.jpg
67KB, 600x450px
>people actually thought there would be a new gem
>>
>>90207214
Yes. I'm unsure how that was relevant to the point though.
>>
>>90207299
Bit cheating when they post an actual picture of a gemstone like
> 'Oh who is this? See tomorrow ;)'

Yeah it's pretty obvious when it's lined up with a Ronaldo episode, doesnt stop it from being a massive dick move and false advertising
>>
>>90207180
>Steven arbitrarily deciding that rock person was offensive despite the fact it has even been said before just so they have some kind of slur analogy
Actually, of all the shit in this episode, I was okay with that.

It is kinda fitting. It's like the word nigger or faggot.
If you're one of them, you feel fine using it colloquially, but if someone is standing on a soapbox yelling "FUCK NIGGERS" or "FUCK FAGGOTS" then you find it offensive.

Tell me you faggots haven't heard random people use shitty memes wrongly and felt like punching them in the face.
Same basic idea.
>>
>>90206818
What was Zukegate?
>>
>>90201795
/co/mblr hates humor.
>>
Why do they keep making townie episodes. Surely the community has been shitting on the creators for it. Have they ever responded? They are literally killing the series.
>>
>>90207444
>humor.
>>
>>90202880
At least Onion has the redeeming possibility of being the most useful human when the final battle/invasion/climax/whatever happens. If he wrecks homeworld gems for like 15 seconds of animation I will be satisfied.
>>
>>90206370
Most of the harshness as opposed to level-headed criticism is internet tribal bullshit, the show itself is irrelevant.
>>
>>90207458
They respond in a backhanded manner

Either it's through unfunny tweets or unfunny jokes in the show

Crewniverse cannot take criticism
>>
>>90205563
THEY HATE MEN?
>>
>>90207404
Apparently, Zuke so desperately wanted to make her ship cannon that she went against what all the other storyboarders were doing to make it happen, even if it meant making the interaction rushed and badly written.
>>
>>90207569
When and where was this revealed?
>>
>>90207381
No. It really isn't.

As faggot the offence comes from
1. The intent to offend
2. The historical backing to a word
Note that second bit.

People on 4chan either are using the term faggot affectionately or are trying to be edgy with it. It's inoffencive. It carries as much weight as calling me a poopybuttface at worst.

However a dude raving in the street about burning the faggots then they're invoking all the historical backing, imagery and dehumanisation that comes with it. Faggot has been used to dehumanise and justify violence in the past and that's what they are trying to do. That's why it's offensive. If the same homophobic dude called me a poopybuttface it wouldn't carry the same weight because it isn't have that.

Now imagine if he wasn't even calling me a poopybuttface but an entirely new thing that has never been used as an insult before. Not only that but it doesn't even have the intent to offend behind it. Say he called me a homophile or a man romancer. Why would that suddenly be offensive?
>>
Hrm... You know what was really needed? Renaldo, I mean Bloodstone, training and not taking shit seriously. What we see is an entire week where everyone tells him "lol, you'll get responsabilities after we train you" and "lol, we'll train you later" over and over. The episode mostly just shows him growing increasingly frustrated as nobody will start him off. Which kinda doesn't make him wrong. Connie got started as soon as she said she wanted to fight, and she's as much of a weeaboo dork as Ren- Bloodstone. Literally what makes them so different? Pretty sure Connie would have quickly turned into an asshat too if she had spent a week waiting for her training to begin.
>>
>>90207484
I think the important thing about Onion is that in order for him to work he needs to be weird and mysterious in a way that doesn't let you quite decide whether he's just an odd little boy, or some fucked up evil supernatural being. So if wrecks any Homeworld gems he'd either need to do it off-screen and we only see the aftermath and have no idea how he accomplished it, or possibly he could Home Alone them with a crazy trap that really shouldn't work but does.
>>
>>90207594
that sounds horrible
>>
>>90207579
She admitted it in her tumblr, though there were clues about it a couple months prior as she deleted everything SU related in it and someone found some very angry and ranty posts from another account that sounded very much like Zuke.
>>
>>90207627
anyone got an image that gathers all this around? I need to use this to mock someone
>>
>>90207484
>implying that honor won't be saved for Greg Murdercock
>>
>>90207270
Last bomb had a few good ones, and the bomb before it was one of the best, and was padded by more great episodes like Centipeetle's return. I think if you were to watch all the season 4 episodes from the beginning to end once it's done, this shitstream would feel less bad in the long run. Not good, but not as terrible.
>>
>>90206932
>i agree the episode was kind of terrible but remember this is still a kids show there's still basic morals that need to be highlighted in some episodes

That is bullshit for several reasons. This isn't really a show targeted for kids, and even if it was that doesn't mean it's alright for it to be bad. Kids deserve way better then that. Especially from a show that supposedly takes pride in the fact that it goes beyond an average kids show sometimes.
>>
File: 1436783205920.jpg (44KB, 491x549px) Image search: [Google]
1436783205920.jpg
44KB, 491x549px
>>90206306
sounds like a someone with an axe to grind
>>
I think it hurts for both sides. It defends SJW too much to the point of cringe. The whole we never do anything wrong ever and only attacked by trolls. Then when Rolando dose anything it's either too accurate or inaccurate but either way the entire ep made me cringe.
>>
>>90207610
>Onion is actually a snerson
There Ronaldo redeemed too now.
>>
>>90207569
>she went against what all the other storyboarders were doing to
To be fair, the storyboarders do that to themselves
It's clear that the crew no longer coordinates or communicate with each other, if they ever did.
>>
>>90207744
Reminds me of why Adventure Time went to shit. PB and Finn's characterization goes all over the place and has for a while. Nobody cares about consistency, they just write the characters the way they personally see them.
>>
>>90207692
It's ironic that SU is now full of kid pandering morality lessons considering that John K hates that shit and he was an early proponent of Sugar's work.
>>
File: zukegate 1.png (3MB, 2850x1844px) Image search: [Google]
zukegate 1.png
3MB, 2850x1844px
>>90207646
I can't find her officially admitting doing this post but this pic had the sighs before the storm.

If you go to tumblr and post Lauren Zuke you'll get a bunch of reactions of people attacking her or defending her.

Not arguing whether or not it was badly written and if it's professional to put your own weird personal gain over the general writing of the show mind you, oh no, just about the ships themselves.
>>
>>90207788
>considering that John K hates that shit and he was an early proponent of Sugar's work.
John fucked Rebecca?
Ew
Was she a slumpbuster or something?
>>
>>90207594
cuz ronnie isn't heroic minced
>>
>>90207744
>To be fair, the storyboarders do that to themselves
What other storyboarders do that? Outside of Zuke with some select characters, they've all been largely consistent.
>>
File: tmp_6269-1474313246088350126064.png (36KB, 121x145px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6269-1474313246088350126064.png
36KB, 121x145px
>>90207788
Any animator or story writer worth their salt will tell you one simple rule: never talk down to your audience. Fucking Walt Disney had stated that repeatedly, because there's nothing a kid hates more then to be treated like one.
>>
>>90202880
Except Onion isn't very entertaining even in small doses, and Ronaldo is better at holding up episodes than him.
>>
>people are saying that this episode was the crewniverse(steven) telling the fans(Ronaldo) to fuck off with telling them what to do or whatever
>>
File: AngryDooting.gif (1021KB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
AngryDooting.gif
1021KB, 375x212px
>>90206658
>Tfw your birth stone is bloodstone
>>
>>90206306
Fraid this episode is a bit too subtle for me
>>
>>90207791
I'd also like to add is the part that disgust me the most is in both her alt account and in her apology post she uses the excuse that she's doing it to "further homosexual relationships".

But Peridot already had more development with Amethyst. She could've easily made them the ones with the relationship and it'd make a little bit more sense yet decided to go against it because it wasn't the one she wanted.

But she claims she did it for the gays.
>>
>>90207788
SU isn't exactly doing cheesy "Steven sez" types of after-school special shit.
>>
>>90207851
My feelings are flipped on that
>>
>>90201795
it was mediocre.
the only thing i really liked was how ronaldo kicked steven out of his own house with reverse psychology and pretended he was loved and accepted by the crystal gems IMMEDIATELY when steven reenters the house.
>>
>>90204178
you need to lurk more before posting
>>
>>90207865
Classic crewniverse

They know best, with their townie episodes and Lars/Sadie episodes
>>
File: 1483498142080.png (78KB, 263x278px) Image search: [Google]
1483498142080.png
78KB, 263x278px
>>90207876
>Finally bloodstone is maybe getting something in the show
>It's fucking Ronaldo, there isnt even an actual bloodstone

I mean I aleady knew it'd be shit because it's Ronaldo but still hurts man, still hurts.
>>
I thought it was going to be a super preachy episode about racism but then it kind of just derailed into Ronaldo being an annoying dick I guess?

I'm not sure if there was supposed to be some kind of message
>>
I was honestly disillusioned with them highlighting how Ronaldo see himself as lonely and being lonely as his cross to bear. It felt like a jab at the kind of demographic that may be privileged in being white, male, etc, but also socially inept, as if to invalidate their experiences by implying that that isn't a real or serious problem for those people. Didn't seem so loving and tolerant or whatever they said
>>
>>90207851
>Except Onion isn't very entertaining even in small doses

wrong
>>
>>90207983
The crew hates Ronaldo

Steven doesn't even like Ronaldo. He wrecked Ronaldo's relationship and didn't even apologize for it
>>
>>90207695
>XJ9 looking
Isnt that a good thing?
>>
Do you think we'll get an episode where Ronaldo tries to make a girl kill herself because she drew rock people all wrong?
>>
>>90208017
Yes, I've seen people talking about that a lot since a couple days ago. And I agree, that was pretty dick. I also don't like that it was apparently settled offscreen.
>>
File: 1464226236948.jpg (57KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1464226236948.jpg
57KB, 421x421px
>>90208048
anon..
>>
>>90207879
She did what was best for business. Bean-flicking business.
>>
>>90207951
Isn't actual bloodstone just another jasper?
>>
File: 1479658436389.jpg (94KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1479658436389.jpg
94KB, 872x685px
>>90201795
>zuke
>non binary
can't fucking escape this dumb bullshit.
>>
>>90208133
Bloodstone is a type of Jasper, so she'd be big and buff yeah
>>
>>90208088
You're right anon, that's going to far I'm sorry.

What about an episode where Ronaldo get's hired to be a writer for Koala Princess but gets fired when everyone realizes he doesn't really know how to write good plots and was only abusing his powers to make specific characters be together for his own personal shipping?
>>
>>90202935
You underestimate Sucrose's ability to stall world building to insane degrees anon. We're gonna have to wait another century before HW finally invades, at least according to the scrolls.
>>
>>90207983
They made that clear in Full Disclosure. It's not a surprise.
>>90208017
Matty boy loves Ronaldo, he's his favorite character. Probably why he's even still in the show.
>>
>>90201795
Because Memedot and Memepiss are literally playing with toilet water like retarded fucking children. Fuck you OP and fuck Zuke
>>
Is Zuke still on suicide watch?
>>
>>90203699
>I'm pretty sure Steven is pretty clear that he's not Rose.
Didn't Steven once ask (to himself of course, since he doesn't ask questions to anyone other than himself) if he was his Mom?
>>
>>90208192
>They made that clear in Full Disclosure. It's not a surprise.
I guess then it seemed more silly and sort of "oh, that Ronaldo!" because it was more about him being a conspiracy theorist, which is not such a common thing irl, but here it seemed more general. I guess "cross to bear" wasn't such a good choice of words.
>>
>>90203307
Jesus Christ, Marie
>>
>>90203307
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIKKING BARN?
>>
File: 1485734261543.jpg (173KB, 750x1099px) Image search: [Google]
1485734261543.jpg
173KB, 750x1099px
>>90202517
That and it really regressed Steven to full retard. Nothing stop them from convincing him to stay at his home and be a CG. Nothing stop Steven from actually trying to train him properly he was there for a week. Hell it was just way to hamfisted. Like they knew the story they wanted to tell but no idea how to tell it.
>>
>>90208478
Hard to believe the people who make this show are professionals

Well, mostly professionals
>>
HE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN TRASFORMED INTO SOME MONSTER BY SOME ARTIFACT? NO STEVEN HAD TO BE BITCH AGAIN AND TALK OUT HIS PROBLEMS. IT HAS BEEN 20 FUCKING EPISODE SINCE THEY FOUGHT ANYONE!
>>
>>90208478
You are getting way too good at inventing things to be mad at.
>>
File: soap-box-.jpg (259KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
soap-box-.jpg
259KB, 1024x768px
>>90206306
>>
File: IMG_3731.png (336KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3731.png
336KB, 1136x640px
>>90201795
People don't like it
I LOVED IT
>>
>>90208521
Fighting is wrong, anon

Fighting is almost as bad as bullying!
>>
>>90207580
Well if someone was handing out pamphlets that say
"Don't trust those faggots. Their faggotry is evil and they should be punished!"

You'd be likes "stop spreading misinformation, and also stop calling us faggots, please"
>>
>>90208478
what's priceless is this makes Ronaldo's accusation about Connie 100% right because Steven and Pearl happily trained her as well as let her be a part of the group. Hell Steven went gym crazy and tough love in season 1 just watching one fusion and wanted the people in his life to beef up. Ronaldo though? Just leaves him lying around the house like a cat and tries nothing in actually educating him or giving him real training.
>>
>>90208524
Far from mad. More like analyzing why I'm growing apathetic to this show.
>>
>>90208574
My friend Cool Cat says Bullies are bad and don't have any friends.
>>
>>90208572
how
>>
File: IMG_3646.png (732KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3646.png
732KB, 1136x640px
>>90206446
I do agree on that point
Tell your fuckig story allready right less beach city more space travel
(I took like 100 screan shots of the episode non the less)
>>
>>90206699
Apparently tumblr didn't get that memo
>>
Me https://discord.gg/SGWBMZh
>>
>>90206446
at least for now we're not stuck in some horribly long hiatus
>>
>>90208586
You missed what I was saying. The entire point is that rock people is not like the word faggot at all for the reasons said above.

If he was handing out pamphlets saying "Trust not the man romancer! Burden yourself not with the man-liker!" I'd like him to stop saying what he's saying but it wouldn't make the term man romancer or man-liker or whatever not-quite-accurate term was used offensive. That would be silly.
>>
>>90208698
>at least for now we're not stuck in some horribly long hiatus

Considering there's only one other episode coming out next week and nothing else has been revealed beyond that, I'm expecting another hiatus up until the summer.
>>
>>90202935
>no way they don't do HW invasion in less than five episodes
What, you forgot about the cluster arc already?
>>
>>90206699
>nigga the only thing fat about her is her ass and tits
And arms, and face, and waist...
>>
When do the sneks show up?
>>
>>90208478
This was driving me nuts too,. If this was early season 1 everything would have made more sense but we are up to season 4 and nothing in how they treated Ronaldo made any sense. I thought the episode was going to trail into Ronaldo being a huge quitter when things got hard but it went the other direction and just made Steven and the Gems seem like they had no idea how to talk to humans anymore, let alone train them.
>>
>>90208678
>kicks people for joining
I can't wait to see you banned from your homelands
>>
>>90208678
what the fuck
>>
>>90201795
>Why does everyone hate this episode.
It's from SU. All the episodes are bad and should be hated.
>>
>>90207580
Here's a (you) for making an excellent point
>>
File: IMG_3677.png (380KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3677.png
380KB, 1136x640px
>>90208640
•It made fun of Tumblr people
• made fun of me
• all the gems in one episode
• I love my Fri husband
• bloodstone
• rock people =racism
• Steven put someone in there place
• good reaction shots
Could do more good points
>>
>>90208733
lies
>>
File: IMG_3650.png (421KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3650.png
421KB, 1136x640px
>>90208588
Hey the word Girlfrend was finally brought up!!!
Are Steven and Connie together or ever going to be???
I say otp ;P
>>
This is a weird one. I don't understand why everyone is flipping their shit.

The only thing I really didnt like was "they hate men" just cause it is so on the nose that it is jarring. Passed that, it just seemed like another Ronaldo is a retard episode, and for a Ronaldo is a retard episode it was actually kind of decent. It was funny in 1-2 separate occasions. That makes it better than some other Ronaldo episodes.

Its not worth rewatching, but it was harmless.
>>
>>90208816
On his birthday he asked what is he gonna be when Connie is President. "What, am I gonna be first boy?" This faggots already thinking about marriage.
>>
File: IMG_3662.png (594KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3662.png
594KB, 1136x640px
>>90208823
I never got that term it was harmless

Other then that baned Pokemon episode that made all them kids sick how can a episode be harmful?
>>
>>90207879
Fuck all of that, Steven Universe has a full blown, undeniable lesbian relationship and obvious lesbian feelings between Pearl and Rose. Her pushing Lapidot wasn't trying to insert more "representation", there was already plenty. She just wanted her personal ship to be canon and used that as an excuse.
>>
>>90208816
>Hey the word Girlfrend was finally brought up!!!
Try 5th time.
Are Steven and Connie together or ever going to be???
At his brthday party Steven mused that if he never ages past a kid what would that make him when Connie was president "first boy?" Also Connie went full sword lancer training because she wanted to be Steven's protector on Pearl's level with Rose. This is high school sweet heart levels love, they don't even need to say it, they just know.
>>
File: IMG_3680.png (773KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3680.png
773KB, 1136x640px
>>90208854
>>
>>90208823
>Ronaldo is a retard episode

More like everyone is a retard episode
>>
>>90208816
>Hey the word Girlfrend was finally brought up!!!
You miss the episode where Steven met her parents?
Or the snow in?
Or the hospital crisis?
Or his Birthday party?
Or Sword training?

And I'm sure I missed a few
>>
>>90208863
As in it is not mentally offensive, nor rewarding in anyway. Its milktoast. A gentle breeze of nothing.

Basically, I have no negative or positive feelings about it, other than the aforementioned line, and ill throw in "its offensive" in there as well as it does come out of nowhere.
>>
Does anyone find this show's attempts at humor to be really stilted and awkward? It's not like I've never laughed at the show but in all honesty comedy isn't a strong point for the writers.
>>
>>90208187
>>>90202935
>You underestimate Sucrose's ability to stall world building to insane degrees anon. We're gonna have to wait another century before HW finally invades, at least according to the scrolls.

Kekalite
>>
File: IMG_3658.png (721KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3658.png
721KB, 1136x640px
>>90208876
Awwwwww everyone in this show is just all drama and love with eachother it's adorable

5th time wow I'm not observant blame my jumpy mind
>>
>>90208879
Pretty much. It's just stupid when they give/take abilities and lessons to fit into some shitty storyline that did nothing but make fun of some people and show off some edgelord making his oc. If one of them had some character development, or there was just a funny/touching scene or two, it'd be ok. Nobody learned anything, and Ronaldo is still a fucking nutcase.
>>
>>90208879
I'm getting seriously tired how each new episode seems to be regressing characters to season 1 level stupid. Ronaldo has been dealt with at least twice by the Gems yet in this episode they act like he is some weird element they have never had to face before.
>>
File: IMG_3688.png (534KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3688.png
534KB, 1136x640px
>>90208905
Sorry I am I idiot and I'm a little drunk
>>
>>90208918
Yeah, SU isn't really funny
>>
>>90208909
Never would have thought Gems would care about the opinions of humans, guess it just Steven being a fag. No one thinks they are aliens, just weirdos despite constantly saving the day and appearing in historical documents.
>>
>>90206796
>Atleast Zuke is gone.
What?
>>
>tfw Ronaldo never got them back for breaking up his relationship
>>
>>90208918
it use to be decent/good. They have just gotten strangely preachy compared to older seasons.
>>
>>90206306
This is deep
>>
>>90208970
>They have just gotten strangely preachy compared to older seasons.
This.
>>
File: IMG_3730.png (607KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3730.png
607KB, 1136x640px
>>90208909
Like oatmeal!!!
I like oatmeal I put penut butter in it!

Maybe that's why I love this episode because I put my headcanons and love in it like I would put penutbuter into oatmeal !
>>
Sooo...is Lauren Zuke legitimately gone?

i'm going to miss her Amethyst if it's true :(
>>
>>90208955
The town seems to flip flop between them always knowing about the CGs and what they are to them being super secret unknown force and considering the population of the town is like 50 some people that's pretty sad.
>>
File: IMG_3665.png (509KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3665.png
509KB, 1136x640px
>>90208963
Here is a face!
>>
>>90208961
She got fired
or she quit
The point is she's gone and her shit has been UPROOTED
>>
>>90208863
Is pearl secretly a snake person?
>>
>>90208976
Damn...
>>
File: IMG_3724.png (704KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3724.png
704KB, 1136x640px
>>90209013
Welcome to the twilight zone
>>
File: Pearl_58f542_5985153mobile.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Pearl_58f542_5985153mobile.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>90207695
>mfw
>>
File: 2017-01-29 (2).png (457KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-29 (2).png
457KB, 1366x768px
>>90208987
Lol you're one of those people I recognize in SUGs. With you on this one, Amybro.
>>
File: 1329336862043.png (166KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1329336862043.png
166KB, 500x500px
>>90209007
Ok that's fantastic.
I just hope this isn't the final season then.
Things can only get better from here on out so it would be a shame.
>>
>>90207879
Lauren mentioned that she wanted to have Peridot crushing on Amethyst and both becoming good friends afterwords which didn't fly with the tumblr crowd, saying she queerbaited them
>>
File: IMG_3652.png (751KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3652.png
751KB, 1136x640px
>>90209060
Replace that smile
>>
File: IMG_3733.png (425KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3733.png
425KB, 1136x640px
>>90209068

i honestly did think amadot would happen for a bit right up till about that one with the plane uncle comeing
>>
File: IMG_3683.png (416KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3683.png
416KB, 1136x640px
>>90209072
>>90209100
I love my fry husband
How old is my fry husband I'm not a peto am I?
>>
oh my god this show is hilarious

because it's so retarded and they're not even trying
>>
>>90206306
I don't care about SU, but from what I gather, the episode is making fun of SJWs and tumblrinas?

Sounds good to me.
>>
>>90209312
>the episode is making fun of SJWs and tumblrinas?

it made fun of everyone
>>
>>90209474

Good, even better. No wonder why so many people hated it then.
>>
>Think to myself
>"Hey, the crystal gems could probably use a guy with skills like Ronoldo;s, he runs a blog and can help research occult gem activities and run some sort of online alert system for gem activity since he's so well connected to the internet blogosphere. That could have some potential as a Crystal Gem member and would really advance the Crystal Gem's point of being more of an Earth Defense force rather than just a ragtag team of goons.

>Nope Ronoldo a shit LEL
>That's funny right?

Why is this show just wasted potential? Why doesn't it take itself seriously anymore?
>>
>>90208918
I've probably laughed out loud maybe twice in the entire time I've watched the show
>>
>>90204404
Because adults who like cartoons and comics are much more likely to be sheltered manchildren.
>>
>>90208521
It's almost like that's the central theme of the show.
>>
File: I5zSblRH.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
I5zSblRH.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>Went from the most popular character in the show to the least

What happened?

And more importantly, how do we un-fuck it?
>>
>>90209110
Old enough to have a tumblr blog and old enough to date. Has/had a girlfriend
>>
>>90206306
I think this episode might be about discrimination, though I'm not sure. It's a bit too subtle for me.
>>
>>90209851
That could describe a pre-teen.

Ronaldo is probably in his late teens, though.
>>
>>90209783
>What happened?
Zuke happened
>And more importantly, how do we un-fuck it?
I say we cut our losses and leave this shit character behind
>>
>>90206932
>there's still basic morals that need to be highlighted in some episodes

The ending felt like a fucking MLP episode - a character extracts a moral while music plays.
>>
>>90208976
Hopsin is the fucking 14 year old edgy shit of the rap game. He's fucking terrible.
>>
File: 1456889762680.jpg (82KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456889762680.jpg
82KB, 1080x720px
>>90201795
heavy handed and not the best writing but id think /co/ would lose its shit in a good way seeing as the whole thing is an allegory for retarded SJWs (and probably need to be heavy for that reason)
>>
>>90209531
Most shows jump the shark around/after 4 or so seasons.
>>
>>90209224
They're trying, alright.
Trying my patience.
>>
File: IMG_5283.jpg (68KB, 540x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5283.jpg
68KB, 540x377px
>>90210029
Honestly, he can be "so bad it's good." Yeah his absolute narcissism and arrogance is infuriating but sometimes he's so out of touch with things you can't help but laugh. And this guy's fucking 31 years old, how could anyone not find this hilariously sad?
>>
>>90209932

Never really bothered to watch Steven Universe, but what exactly did this "Zuke" do?
>>
>>90210223
Zuke turned two characters into shit and made some of the worst episodes of SU
>>
>>90210223
She (Zuke's a storyboarder) tried to push a personal ship into canon but I guess people started accusing her of queer baiting or something, and then it was shown that she was at odds with the other boarders as well. It's a bit confusing and I probably got this wrong, there are more detailed explanations in the thread
>>
>>90210263
Turned into shit? In what way? And who was the other character besides Peridot?
>>
>>90210289
>tried to push a personal ship into canon but I guess people started accusing her of queer baiting or something, and then it was shown that she was at odds with the other boarders as well.

Really?
Holy shit, this is high school levels of clique mentality and immaturity. I would think her fellow co-workers would be more.... I don't know, organized and mature with each other so that it doesn't result in situations like this? This isn't just regarding Zuke, by the way, but the fact that the other writers and storyboarders let this slip through?
>>
>>90210337
>but the fact that the other writers and storyboarders let this slip through
They didn't. That's why Zuked quit/got fired.
>>
do we have CONFIRMATION Zuke got fired? All i can gather is that she deleted her twitter.
>>
>>90210357
They should've handled it earlier then.
If they didnt then those said two characters wouldn't have been ruined, right?
>>
File: White Liberals.jpg (48KB, 651x489px) Image search: [Google]
White Liberals.jpg
48KB, 651x489px
>>90207879
>>
>>90210297
Lapis, a mysterious and tragic character who's now just a mouthpiece for snarky comments while CLEARLY being a genocidal monster who needs to be put down.

Peridot does not even resemble her former self. No comparisons can be made.
>>
>>90210458
>genocidal monster

Didn't know Lapis had a kill count.
>>
>>90210401
They allowed the shipping as long as it was needed, since Sucrose admitted to enjoy shipping, but mostly the teasing aspect of it. Zuke probably wanted to make Lapidot canon, and it wasn't in Sucrose's vision.

Personally I don't think the characters are ruined, and I think they can be fixed with an episode or two.
>>
File: no.jpg (21KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
21KB, 600x600px
>mfw Peridot's innate superiority complex and callous personality built up over thousands of years disappears immediately after Gem Drill
>>
>>90210535
She drank the CG koolaid.
>>
File: id rather die.png (211KB, 420x398px) Image search: [Google]
id rather die.png
211KB, 420x398px
It was a complete waste of time.
>>
File: fucking durian.jpg (37KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
fucking durian.jpg
37KB, 400x300px
>>90208945
Steven is preparing to eat out Connie's ass.

That is the only explanation for why he would drink and enjoy the juice of the poop-fruit.
>>
>>90209531
>he runs a blog and can help research occult gem activities and run some sort of online alert system for gem activity since he's so well connected to the internet blogosphere.
That sounds like utter shit. SU isn't a crime investigation show and doesn't need a "cool nerd girl" computer girl secretary. This is why fans shouldn't write or board for the shows they watch.
>>
>>90208918
>logdate was one of the funniest episodes and was written by zuke but no anon will ever admit this because juked zuke meme
>>
>>90201795
What was the episode about? I don't follow week to week and instead wait for big chunks. All these threads got me curious.
>>
>>90210749
I guess that means Steven does have his own training arc, in a way. Very subtle stuff.
>>
>>90210498
She dropped an entire ocean back to earth and as an autist alien stuck in solitary confinement for 5000 years, likely doesn't know much about earth's coast opulations and ecosystems nor cares to soften the water's descent. Millions definitely died, but SU is a cartoon so it won't be dwelled on.
>>
>>90211098
It's shit even for a townie episode

It made me nostalgic for the days when this used to be a monster hunting show
>>
>>90208733
also her legs and feet
>>
First time checking a SU thread since like 4 steve bombs ago, since when did you all start hating on Zuke?

>>90206818
>after ZukeGate

Since this, I guess. What happened?
>>
>>90211148
>but SU is a cartoon so it won't be dwelled on.

You know this, yet you guys still act as if the world outside Beach City matters.
>>
>>90210535
I'm remember her acting superior and callous in that episode with Lapis and Connie.
>>
>>90210520
>Personally I don't think the characters are ruined, and I think they can be fixed with an episode or two.

Since anons flipflop on whether they hate or love a character at the drop of a hat, you're right.
>>
>>90207381
If you said fuck whitey I would probably laugh depending on how much black were in your voice
>>
>>90208586
they might as well be actually putting chemicals in the water though, since every human that isn't greg seems to have been drinking lead poisoned water
>>
>>90211098
>Ronaldo says rock people are shit
>Steven says that he and the crystal gems are rock people
>Ronaldo cries because he didn't realise he was being anti gem
>Ronaldo joins the crystal gems
>Ronaldo treats Steven like shit for no real reason
>Steven eventually yells at him
>Ronaldo leaves the crystal gems and decides he's better off as a loner
>>
>>90207594
Because Ronaldo isn't Steven's girlfriend. They even made Ronaldo say that in the episode as if it weren't true, for fuck's sake
>>
File: 1486274823180.png (19KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
1486274823180.png
19KB, 390x390px
>>90207695
Dianté saying it like it is
>>
>>90209312
I thought it was the opposite. It felt like a "don't you dare critisize anything about my show you silly boys" episode.
>>
File: 1328708017433.png (26KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1328708017433.png
26KB, 510x546px
>>90211515
You know? put like that it almost feels like Ronaldo was Zuke and the CG the rest of the crewniverse in this episode.
Or maybe I'm just tired, either way it amuses me.
>>
How can an episode be so fucking preachy yet say absolutely nothing all at the same time?

It's so poorly written and hamfisted that I'm not even sure the writer knew who they were jabbing at.
>>
So where's Jane?
>>
>>90210535
>thousands of years
She could be 2 for all we know. In fact, we know she's definitely younger than Leggy.
>>
File: 289032-jcard70_super.jpg (18KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
289032-jcard70_super.jpg
18KB, 298x400px
>yfw Ronaldo goes full Yajirobe on Yellow Diamond
>>
File: 1229643131710.jpg (34KB, 376x332px) Image search: [Google]
1229643131710.jpg
34KB, 376x332px
>>90211803
>yfw Ronaldo steals Steven's spotlight at the end
>yfw Onion steals Ronaldo's thunder after that.
>>
>>90207791
after reading some of those, are we sure she's not Renaldo?
>>
>>90211780
Someone didn't watch TNCG
>>
>>90211675
uhh there was a moral about gaslighting
>>90212002
also zuke=renaldo
>>
>>90212008
Lapis said that line and she knows jack shit about Peridot.
>>
>>90212032
Peridot would likely said something about it if it wasn't true. She's probably still younger than Amethyst but barely 1000+
>>
>>90212090
>Peridot would likely said something about it if it wasn't true.
What about Peridot would make you expect she would own up to a personal flaw like inexperience (or anything else for that matter?)
>>
>>90210535
She still acted superior towards Connie and still seems to think Pearl is lesser than her from subtext.
>>
File: 1487527634325.png (75KB, 1229x417px) Image search: [Google]
1487527634325.png
75KB, 1229x417px
/co/ after Chile Tid:
>Zuke's the best! Can't juke the Zuke! Sex hair Amethyst is best Amethyst!

/co/ about a year and a half later:
>D-dyke, it's all her fault! Sugar should have kicked her off the show years ago!

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this.
>>
>>90212189
Her episodes in season 2 were actually good though, I don't think you'll find many who'd dispute that. It went downhill when she focused on her memegem ship and using the show as her personal soapbox.
>>
>>90212189
Zuke's downfall is her own dumb doing see >>90207791
>>
>>90201795
lol, I hope so, it was a punch in the stomach of all those fags who keep making gemsonas and self insert ero-fanfics.
that would be you Zuke
>>
Okay so I just watched Rocknaldo. Was more funny than I was expecting. Also was less focus on Ranaldo being a conspiracy nut than I expected. Overall not a great episode but pleasantly surprised (but my expectations were really low to begin with).
>>
Episode was mildly amusing at best and pointless at worst. I understand people not liking it, but the anger is not warranted IMO.
>>
File: Peridot Spot.jpg (596KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Peridot Spot.jpg
596KB, 1920x1080px
>>90201795
If you guys were to rewrite Ronaldo's character, or only this episode, what changes would you have made?
>>
>>90211148
Her water pillar wouldn't be so disastrous. Based on height and diameter it wouldn't have been near enough to contain all the world's oceans. I'm assuming that Beach City just happens to be near a shallow bay
>>
>>90212303
I'd just never have him show up after season one. Alphonso/Ferguson the shit outta him.
>>
>>90207791
How does someone like this actually function in society, let alone get a career in animation? They don't even seem like the 'fake it 'til you make it' types either, just the sort of person who wears their heart on their sleeve.

Is it just the internet's fault? Is everyone like this in reality but hides it? I sincerely don't understand.
>>
>>90212303
Make the CG actually try to give some training would be a step in the right direction, leaving him hanging on the house for a week just because was just out of place with everything.
>>
>>90212291
I think Onion's gang is the worst episode still.
This episode was just silly fun, but pointless, specially on season 4
>>
>>90212316
>Ronaldo! I haven't talked to you at all in over a year, but I just want to let you know your existence adds to the spice of Beach City!
>Ronaldo's arm waves from within a dumpster.
>>
>>90202188
What did he say? I did not and will not watch a Ronaldo episode.
>>
>>90212334
Silly and pointless is the way I'd describe Rocknaldo yeah. I'm right behind you guys who are tired of filler, but putting things into perspective helps keep every non-plot episode from being "the worst ever".
>>
>>90208918
The writing just isn't that good. Any time someone in SU makes a joke, I think "wait, that's not how people talk".
>>
>>90212189
Zukefag fuck off
>>
>>90212303
>>90212303
I'd kill him off
and nobody would miss him or even attend his funeral
>>
>>90212378
Filler wouldn't be so awful if it wasn't for how long the hiatus's last for.
>>
>>90208918
Yeah. While on the other hand SVTFOE's Collateral Damage made me laugh pretty hard.
>>
>>90209312
Probably the opposite, it's about.
I don't know?
>Allies
Or something
>Muh white people wanting to join a movement about others
>How dare they ask us to make it about them by accommodating them
Or something.
I don't know.
Could be about fans.
Really it is a mirror you could hold up to any number of situations.
>>
>>90206818
The 'Greg manages to empathy a Diamond' arc was pretty good and shows humanity at its best.
About to kill a god by inseminating it.
>>
>Fuck white people: The episdoe
>>
>Connie comes to train
>They don't do any training along Renaldo
>They don't even take him to the arena
Seeing renaldo fuck up his training to the point he gets kicked out or trying to brush off his fuckups would have been immensely more entertaining than watching him bum around the house making shit up in his head to pass the time.
>>
>Lets let him in! We are about peace and love!
>Ends up fucking everything up and makes it all worse.

Is this the most red pilled show yet?
>>
>>90212620
>Ronaldo challenges Connie to a sparring match
>Connie goes easy on him, using a tree branch in the place of her sword
>Ronnie gets rekt
>Ronaldo says he wasn't fighting at full potential because Connie wasn't fighting seriously with her sword
>Connie goes hand to hand to prove a point
>>
>>90211803
I would personally take the time to mail Rebecca Sugar $5 if this happened.
>>
>>90201795
It was plain boring,and Ronaldo being a parody of conspiracy theorists AND basement dwellers doesn't help; also,Ronaldo is a terrible character all around.
The only thing that changed over the episode is Ronaldo's view about the Chrystal Gems, and nobody gives a shit about what Ronaldo things,so there you go.
>>
>kids don't watch this garbage
>adults don't watch this garbage

Who fucking watches this shit other than /sug/?
>>
>>90211055
People can like Vincent Van Gogh's paintings but still admit that he was objectively fucked in the head.
>>
>>90203384
Greg probably didn't even informed registry office about Steven's existence.
>>
>>90212973
Kek that's one heck of a comparison
>>
>>90212537
>Fuck white people: The Show
>>
this cartoon fucking fem shit
>>
>>90211055
I'll admit that. I love that episode.
>>
>everyone is projecting their own ideas onto the episode
>everyone is getting angry over it

absolute madwoman, what will zuke do next?
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>90206306
I mean I knew I was gonna skip this episode before hand because fuck Ronaldo, but even this tidbit was too much.
>>
>>90208588
Yeah but Connie wasn't an annoying cunt.
>>
File: 1481572893438.png (2MB, 1065x2273px) Image search: [Google]
1481572893438.png
2MB, 1065x2273px
>>90204404
because they always forget our prefered pronouns
>>
>>90207093
take a 9mm aspirin
>>
>>90210031
it doesnt matter if the episode was an allegory to anything, it was simply boring
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-02-13-04h17m28s18.png (436KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-02-13-04h17m28s18.png
436KB, 1364x768px
I miss the handsome husbando
>>
>>90207580
>poopyb*ttface
Whoa whoa, there's absolutely no need for that kind of language
>>
Ronaldo is an incredibly poorly-written character with lazy writing and if it hits close to home, so are you.
>>
>>90212303
An episode where Ronaldo guilts Steven into fixing his relationship with that cute weeb girl, it works and from then on he becomes a background character. Also starts dressing better.
>>
>>90210031
Where do you faggots keep getting the idea this episode was making fun of SJWs? Zuke literally used this entire episode to rant about LGBT allies not actually giving a shit and doing it because being an ally is trendy.
>>
>>90211675
>How can an episode be so fucking preachy yet say absolutely nothing all at the same time?
Thanks for putting it this way, this is really what got me about this episode. You can tell they decided on the social commentary first and tried (in vain) to write an episode around it.
>>
>>90213652
Are you genuinely pissed over the Ronaldo's girlfriend thing? It was a joke, they probably made up off screen.
>>
>>90213652
I'll one up you on that:
Episode where Steven TRIES to help Ronaladamadingdong get back together with his waifu, with looking down his nose at him just a touch because honestly, Ronaldo? Romance? What are his chances of not dropping the spaghetti without Steven to help, only to fuck things up because he doesn't understand their relationship or just how fuckin' Weeb they are.
Meanwhile Ronaldo fixes it himself in the background by doing something big, stupid and excessively animu, with the underlying message being that you don't necessarily help things by getting involved unless you know what you're dealing with and just because you think someone is incompetent doesn't mean they are.

They could use every romance anime cliche in the book, it'd be amazing and it'd make Ronaldo amusingly likeable if done right.
>I love you more than sneeple love draining our precious bodily fluids!
>>
I just wanted to see what that mission was
It's been so long since we've seen one
>>
>>90213750
>they probably made up off screen
Probably off-screen is not good enough and since the Crewniverse insists on having townie filler episodes then let's have one where Ronaldo is less of a shit.

>>90213781
I like this idea too, Steven tries to help and he fucks it up even worse till Ronaldo has to bench him and unfuck it all up in grandiose fashion.
>>
>>90213750
>Steven gut punches pizza dad and just walks offf
>hahah, it was a joke!
Anon, pls.
>>
>>90209783
He unfucked himself already, took 3 weeks off and apologized. and he's doing exactly that >>90209531

Did you memelords not watch the episode ?
>>
>>90213208
Who is the artist on these?
>>
>>90212303
Ronaldo fucking Peridot and making /sug/ scream in rage.
>>
>>90202517
>cant we give ronalado a chance to be a decent person
But at the end he redeemed himself, ya?
>>
>>90213750
>they probably made up off screen.
according to his blog, they did.
>>
>>90214015
He did, those pamphlets should be helpful.
>>
>>90214081
Well he grew and changed a bit, ya know?
>>
>>90202920
underrated
>>
http://io9.gizmodo.com/steven-universe-artist-quits-twitter-over-fan-harassmen-1785242762

http://www.dailydot.com/parsec/steven-universe-fanartist-bullied-controversy/

Why does the SU fanbase so fucking stupid?

I feel like there's a third incident I'm leaving out here, but I can't remember.
>>
>>90208782
Exactly.
>>
>>90214012
>Ronaldo fucking Peridot and making Zuke scream in rage.

Ftfy
>>
>>90214188

Several. And also, the artist who was "bullied off twitter" was someone extremely unprofessional and unstable who should never have been working on this show in the first place and would be better off in a mental hospital.
>>
>>90208782
Two things come to mind.

First, pet peeve.
Their*

Second, this episode referenced crashing skies rising tides. Where ronaldo correctly predicted the human zoo.

Homeworld is going to kidnap ronaldo and experiment on him and infuse gems in his bloodstream making him a real bloodstone and he's going to defect to homeworld.
>>
>>90209312
It definitely is about bad LGTB/Feminism allies.
>>
>>90214293
Right, which includes all the living ones.
>>
>>90209312
It was about how white men need to stop being involved with gay rights.
>>
>>90214293
This. This was made abundantly clear by Steven's rant at the end about how "This isn't the Bloodstone Club about making Bloodstone feel good."
>>
>>90207580
>>90208721
Went to bed after making that post so this is kinda late, but yeah, I see your point.

I guess it's not quite the same as those due to the history of those terms.

Still, you would call out someone making up stupid new names for faggots along with spreading misinformation.
Steven calling it offensive was a bit much, but calling it out at all was proper.
>>
File: 214.gif (2MB, 667x375px) Image search: [Google]
214.gif
2MB, 667x375px
>>90208918
SU use to have top tier comedic timing. Dont know what happened.
>>
>>90213973
They did. The /sug/ echo chamber helps erase memories though.
>>
File: 1479527010379.png (28KB, 406x597px) Image search: [Google]
1479527010379.png
28KB, 406x597px
Rocknaldo?

>Because it was about egocentric people who make everything about them.
>Townie episode
>Very little to work with in terms of shipping or whatever
>>
>>90214967
Fags typically don't know what humor is and have to resort to dude quirky lmao
>>
>>90215026
>Because it was about egocentric people who make everything about them.
Ironic considering Zuke hijacked a children's show to air her dirty laundry
>>
>>90214885
Kind of falls flat to make a comparison with the crystal gems to feminism when the crystal gems face real threats that actually endanger the world.
>>
File: smug trump.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
smug trump.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>90214875
>fags don't realize that whites aren't essentially locked to a political party because of MUH RIGHTS
>fags don't realize whites will vote out of spite
>pic related

When will lefties stop being so abrasive and insufferable and learn how to play the game?
>>
>>90208918
>>90214967
It used to be pretty good, once. Nothing exceptional, mind you, but some good lines. For some reason, though, that died after the first season.
>>
>>90215107
This so much holy shit what the fuck.
Are we sure Zuke wrote this episode? Steven's tirade against Ronaldo near the end sounded god damn near exactly what Sugar would have said to Zuke when she fired her.
>>
>>90215252
Considering being gay is decidedly her only personality trait, you can make an educated guess that the episode about bad LGBT allies is her doing.
>>
>>90215205
Trump won because Clinton was an awful choice. If the dems had chosen someone who americans don't have a decades long history of hating I'm not sure he would have made it.
>>
>>90201795
Man i miss that S1 feel.
Every episode is trash or meh at best.
What happen?
>>
https://youtu.be/ig54P4-m1lo
>>
>>90215281
>being gay is decidedly her only personality trai
And having zero self-awareness or foresight, apparently.
>>
>>90215358
It was 50/50 before he was against Clinton, and it continue'd to be 50/50 till the end. I remember because just having Trump get 40-45% votes was enough to show people how everyone wasn't yet insane. Clinton didn't really change anything, since from the beginning voting Trump was a rebellion against the establishment. And no matter how bad Hillary was she still won the populists vote.

Ofc, Trump winning was great. Since had he lost, left and right would've ignored the divide, the fact that a lot people voted for Trump.
>>
>>90215620
>Since had he lost, left and right would've ignored the divide, the fact that a lot people voted for Trump.
Which they STILL did, but President Trump sitting in WH makes it a lot harder to ignore.
>>
File: 1487366604499.jpg (87KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487366604499.jpg
87KB, 1080x1080px
>>90207791
Dorito going from serious threat to wacky side character is far more egregious
>>
>>90207845
this is shit that teen titans go would do. utterly retarded. hopefully this is just some kind of phase and the shows overall quality will come back
>>
>>90208017
God damn it, they should just write him out of show. Like maybe he moves or goes to
Japan to be weeb.
>>
>>90215834
Seriously, in what world was Peridot ever intimidating? The only thing about her that was a serious threat was her affiliations.
>>
Just started watching Rocknaldo. 2 min 11 seconds into it I'm thinking, "holy shit there are like, 6 crystal gems not trying to genocide our species or keep us in a zoo."

These paper thin lectures pretending to be allegories need to stop.
>>
>>90215910
When first introduced she is given a lot of gravity, the audience has no idea what she is capable of but she knows about the experiments and the cluster.

Obviously this eroded over time to the point she's growing pumpkins and washing cars
>>
>>90216041
holy shit. just realized that her character is just a sad husk of her former character. SU is really in a rut here. they need to fix their shit.
>>
>>90216041
It's honestly been so fucking long I forgot the Cluster was even a thing. Why does this show suck so much? The Earth couldn't have at least cracked a bit more before sealing the Cluster?
>>
File: chining.jpg (611KB, 830x1277px) Image search: [Google]
chining.jpg
611KB, 830x1277px
>>90215834
It's not so much that she was a massive threat but she was initially more of a serious straight man type character to various extents at least. Then they did a complete 180 on her personality because memes.
>>
File: 1455083986904.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1455083986904.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>>90215365
they wanted to have serious story/plotlines while also having silly slice of life episodes and discarted their monster of the week episodes

they never really committed to their serious episodes fully and ended up lacking in the end

diferent storyboarders making the episodes means that theres varrying degrees in quality in animations and writing,

the caracters will ignore any kind of development that's inconvinient to the episode, some cases will ignore basic human behaviour and logic if its not convinient

Sugar is a pushover that will put anything that doesnt trigger her

I can thingk of more but other people already said it here, first season was good for me becouse it was monster of the week and the only thing that was annoying was steven becouse he was a retard, but it wasnt that big of a deal, i think SU's main problem is wanting to be 500 things at the same time but, due to lack of talent or experience, manages to be either mediocre or just suck at all of them.
>>
>>90206306
YOU'RE A STRAIGHT WHITE MALE
>>
>>90216113
proves how toxic the SJW attitude is. If Sugar wants her show to fulfill its potential she needs to abandon this attitude, its really hurting the show. In order to maintain the SJW attitude they have to perpetuate this rut, because SU's rut is SJWism itself. This ultimately results in story problems and character problems. This is a problem that is much more personal and deep for Rebecca Sugar not a problem that can be looked at in an objective way. SU's problem is center deep within Sugar's sentiment in life. with the latest episode she tried to change sentiment but fundamentally it's the same: "your wrong thus were going to condescendingly tell you your wrong."
>>
>>90216416
Yep, that was the whole episode
>>
>>90207093
>>
File: webcomicssurearewitty.gif (34KB, 818x808px) Image search: [Google]
webcomicssurearewitty.gif
34KB, 818x808px
>>90213208
It's like pottery.
>>
>>90201795
It just characterized Ronaldo as completely self-centered and retarded.
>>
>>90215358
This. If Clinton didn't buy the superdelegates from Bernie Trump would've been destroyed. Keep in mind that many Trump voters in the final election voted for Bernie in the primaries
>>
>>90216104
She'll do another 180 if Lapis and Jasper ever fuse again. Though maybe someone who was at Watermelon island, or um, *beneath* it should give her a nudge or four.
>>
>>90210749
>>90211146
Lapiven BTFO
>>
File: 77.jpg (204KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
77.jpg
204KB, 900x900px
>>90212320
your line of questioning will eventually lead you to the answer, which is jews.
>>
>>90217551
I'm only disgusted by my own inability to make this better than it is.
>>
You know you fucked up when you made Steven of all people angry. Why was Ronaldo such a douche
>>
>>90213208
the accuracy
>>
>>90212320
At the end of the day, employers need employees and people need jobs. As long as they don't bring the company down or are insufferable to work with, employers hire them. As long as the job pays well and they don't despise it, people stay
>>
>>90218039
You already said that when i asked you who took my sandwich
>>
File: 3475437.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
3475437.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>>90219404
Steven's anger never really works right. I mean he loses his shit about a guy that's pushy to dance with him/his gf, but a woman that tried to kill her gf and her friends countless times over without remorse and belittled Amethyst as just being a freak and a mistake? He is totally wanting to love and save her.
>>
>>90219997
I guess Steven's more forgiving of gems than humans
>>
>>90220020
What about lars or sadie?
>>
>>90220020
one word:
Lars
>>
>>90220020
Nah, as already pointed out he is totally fine with Lars even though he is opportunistic and has mistreated everyone. And again, being totally forgiving of people who try and kill you and just see you and your friends as mistakes that should be wipe off like excrement on a boot but to be angry at Rolando being a misinformed idiot that for a whole week you don't even try to help understand things is such bad writing it's comical.
>>
>>90220020
>Petri tortures gem shards for experiments and is implied to have a part in creating the cluster
>tries to kill them several times
>treats the Gems racist 1920 America level
>out right states Rose was a fool and doomed the earth and badly hurt homeworld saying that he sacrifice was worthless.

>Steven is completely ok with her to the point he is chill with it till she turns traitor

>Ronaldo acts stupid for a week and identifies himself as a gem stone
>Steven gets pissed

more forgiving isn't even beginning to describe that bias. Perhaps they really do hate men.
>>
>>90220373
>Renaldo acts stupid for seven times the lifespan of the Earth at this exact moment in time
>Steven burns a galaxy for fuel
>>
>>90206699
>>90208733

I think it depends on the artist.

Like there's a few times she's not so fat as she is just... big, like in an imposing sort of way. Then there are times when she's simply big and chubby.
>>
File: Thanos_missed_one.jpg (18KB, 444x124px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos_missed_one.jpg
18KB, 444x124px
What's Rebecca Sugar's REAL >E N D G A M E ?
>>
>>90220020
he's more forgiving when the writes will it. Steven and friends have slowly started truing into creators mouthpieces where they just use them to broadcast their feelings without taking into account if it's in character or not. Steven should have been eager to teach or get one of the gems to educate Ronaldo because that is what Steven did with everyone else and then some, but Ronaldo he just lets him roam around like furniture and at no time tries to get him some real practice like he did with Lars and Sadie in 'Coach Steven' and nor Connie in about 10 episodes. Basically Steven gives a good speech about acceptance but gives no education to help Ronaldo actually understand what a Crystal Gem really is.

This episode didn't poke at tumbler it is tumbler.
>>
>>90220691
>>90220020

Honestly, sometimes I feel like Steven is almost as disconnected from the majort of humans as the actual Crystal Gems are.

Maybe home schooling wasn't the best decision.
>>
File: Screenshot (45).png (55KB, 320x339px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (45).png
55KB, 320x339px
>>90207093
>efforts to change it for the better
Kill yourself you tumblr defect.
>>
>>90220734
>Honestly, sometimes I feel like Steven is almost as disconnected from the majort of humans as the actual Crystal Gems are.
again it's the writers. Sometimes he totally into human culture and gets weirded out by the gems, three episodes later he is super disconnected from the town and only gets the gems.
Same applies to the town. One episode they just get and understand the gems(within reason), one episode later they are weird and strange to them and a mystery. For a town of 15 people it has weird constancy on what they think of them.
>>
>>90220860
It's what happens when their is no overhead of any kind. Even Amazing World of Gumball has a bible they consult since season 2 in keeping the cast consent. They don't even really try with SU anymore.
>>
>>90220373
Yeah, I think Steven holds humans to a higher standard with gems, but I also think there's some reasoning behind this. He has a pretty good grip on the ways of humanity, but he's still learning about gem culture. He sees Peridot and he knows she comes from a warlike race and was born into a literally alien culture with a hierarchy system he's only just learning about. He accepts and forgives her ignorance of the apparently Earth concepts of acceptance and tolerance and tries to learn about her perspective while bringing her around to his. He has patience with gems.

But with humans like Ronaldo and Kevin who aren't aliens to him, he already has a grasp of where they're coming from. They are from Earth like him and he can recognize their behavior as just bad manners instead of a different perspective or pure ignorance. He has a better idea when to call it out. I'm not sure why he seems to tolerate Lars more than other people, but I assume maybe it's out of pity.

There's that, and also the fate of the Earth may actually hinge on his ability to make friends with Homeworld gems. They pose a serious threat and he might on some level understand that since they can easily overpower Earth, his best chance is through diplomacy. Being patient with Peridot actually DID eventually save Earth after all. But if he has a bad relationship with Ronaldo, the worst that can happen is maybe he won't get fry bits or something stupid like that.
>>
thread in a nutshell.

Ronaldo sucks, always has.

Cringy episode says why being a tween fan with fanfiction is bad.

episode lumps too many fans into sonic fandom level.
>>
>>90203384
Steven is technically a son of a bastard bitch
>>
>>90214188
There was a third incident over somebody who shipped Pearl and Dewey. I don't really remember the full on details
>>
>>90221005

>They pose a serious threat and he might on some level understand that since they can easily overpower Earth, his best chance is through diplomacy. Being patient with Peridot actually DID eventually save Earth after all.

But that's a rationalization you made, not one the character made, he just wanted the gems to stop fighting eachother.

And while i agree that he does put human to higher standars the end result always ends up being a revenge fantasy for the writers about how the got back at her ex or at that one annoying tumbr user, one can just tell when steven its no longer talking

As for lars, i dont even know, it might be pity but that character went through so much while at the same time nothing changed for him, same as sadie, i dont have a clue why steven or anyone would like them as a person
>>
>>90214188
Ian JQ being harassed for saying that fans should be allowed to express and draw whatever
>>
File: Muh_Filters.jpg (55KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
Muh_Filters.jpg
55KB, 620x412px
>>90206306
>Show begins with a slight joke on Alex Jones and Muh filters conspiracy *cough* which is slightly true *cough*
>Expecting the another fun Rolando the Autist and Steven embark on a conspiracy theory adventure
>Turns into "stay in your place White Cis Male, dont take over our Safe Space" shit.
Jesus fuck this show, overtime I think its getting good it disappoints me. How do you fuck up a mockery of Alex Jones the easiest thing to mock?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg4GvL0mHX4
>>
>>90221813
>But that's a rationalization you made, not one the character made, he just wanted the gems to stop fighting eachother.

True, there's no hard evidence of this and it's speculation on my part. I do think that if it's even applicable, it might not be a fully formed thought Steven has, but something he's doing less consciously. There have been times in the show when Steven will come out and say something that's been on his mind when there wasn't a whole lot of evidence he was thinking or feeling before then, so I think it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

But as far as the Peridot example goes, Steven did suddenly care about getting to know her a lot more as soon as she said she had important information about some kind of unknown danger. Without that thought nagging him, he probably would have left her in a bubble.
>>
I just want them to get to the fucking point you can't have these fucking short episodes with massive gaps inbetween and then have fucking filler.
>>
File: IMG_5316.jpg (15KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5316.jpg
15KB, 250x141px
>>90208918
On a side note I was at a presentation by boarders Jeff Liu and Colin Howard (and Tom Law but he's a boarder for WBB.) They were showing us storyboards for Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service, which had just aired at the time. Originally, at the scene where Kiki delivers Steven's pizza and Steven watches her go, there was a beat after the line "Poor Kiki," followed by him saying "Oh well!" in a comedic manner. It was added as a joke but it was actually pretty funny, wish it was in the final episode

Pic related, Colin Howard was joking about how bad his perspective drawing is and he showed us this.
>>
>>90214188
You'd be surprised how far people are willing to go when they think they're in the right. With the fandom's echo chamber, even pushing someone to suicide can be seen as an okay thing to do. If those who object have a good counterpoint, just twist it up until they seem like the bad guy again
>>
>>90222147
Oops, pic for ants
>>
[s]Por-que[/s]?
>>
>>90201795
>>
>>90222147
>>90222261
Nice! Any other interesting things they showed? And very unlikely, but did they tease something too for a future episode?
>>
>>90207967
It WAS a super preachy episode about racism. The moral was literally "stop thinking about yourself all the time, white male".
>>
Do storyboarders really have any control over the plot or are yall just thinking that way cause "Zuke" has Trump levels of catchiness for a buzzword?
>>
>>90222597
They don't. They just write from an outline they're given.
>>
>>90222024
Yes, but at the time, him wanting to be friends and him wanting to know about what she was about to say where 2 diferent things, it wasn't "i should try to be his friend, then she will tell me" it was more "i should ask her about that thing and if theres time maybe we can be friends", it wasnt a thing he thought out, its just how he is and how he deal with things.
>>
>>90212303
Ronaldo, curious for intel, finds his way into the rooms of the Crystal Gems. He nearly dies several times.
>>
>>90203307
Carl: one of the few humans in the show who isn't insufferable
>>
>>90222531
They showed us some more storyboards and demos for some of the songs. People didn't want spoilers so they didn't really address newer stuff. I did take notes while I was there so I'll try to find them and see if there's anything I'm forgetting
>>
>>90201795
I hate anything to do with the town people.
>>
>>90220373
He's been kept from school for no reason and brainwashed by space feminists since day one because his largely absent farther couldn't give even the smallest shit about him.

I mean even the die hard fans of SU accept that he has autism and other social disorders. The kid is as old as Marco and Star from Star Vs. and also the same age as Katara and older than Aang from TLA.

He's literally mentally stunted because the gems are horrible mothers (as expected because they aren't human and barely managed to keep themselves from mental breakdowns) that shouldn't be raising a fucking child
>>
File: Poltical Power.jpg (59KB, 629x473px) Image search: [Google]
Poltical Power.jpg
59KB, 629x473px
>>90223330
Waiting for the real heroes to show up and fix everything
>>
>>90223330
Final Twist of the series is that the homeworld gems are actually child services.
>>
>>90212189
I find her episodes good, even great, but her attitude and meltdown lowered my opinion on her as a person.
>>
>>90223381
best theory I've heard so far is that Steven is in the school's special needs classroom and Connie is one of the normal students who volunteers to help and Lion is the special needs service dog for the class
>>
>>90201795
I'm sick of them pretending Ronaldo is actually a good person when he repeatedly shows his true shitty colors every chance he gets.
>>
>>90223330
>kept from school for no reason

He is an insanely powerful alien that could easily kill a human by accident.
>>
>>90223330
Did they ever explain WHY he was kept from school? I mean I've heard that he needs more time to train (even though the gems spent less time training him than anything else and he just manages to fart out a power they can't explain or help him with once or twice a season) but have they ever actually addressed why he is being kept from school?

I mean he's clearly autistic, or is it aspergers, from not interacting with other kids his age.

Actually, where the fuck is Connie's school? Where are her classmates in the town?
>>
>>90223522
Because implying that a retarded person needs help is ableist you fucking bigot.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12417841
>>
>>90208234
No. He asked if he was like her, not literally being her.
>>
After rewatching the episode I'm pretty sure it was just an episode making fun of everybody involved in SJW and gender politics shitflinging, and it was just so poorly written that it's easy to fill in the gaps with your own bias and get triggered.

the writer's a hack, yeah, but I can appreciate the attempt. Everybody got called out on their shit in this one. Only thing that could have made it better is if at the end, when Ronaldo was monologue-ing about being the ultimate loner, Steven just walked off while the camera was off him. That would have been hilarious.

Basically Ronaldo is shit and the episode should have been about Steven getting tired of his shit.
>>
File: pollack.png (16KB, 677x433px) Image search: [Google]
pollack.png
16KB, 677x433px
>>90223581
Nobody said yes. That's funny
>>
>>90223659
The episode should have been about homeworld invading earth and all the townies dying so they can't waste any more episodes about boring bullshit.
>>
>>90201795
I couldn't make it past
>Rock people hate men
and
>Also, can you not say rock people? That's offensive.
because at that moment it was immediately obviously gonna be another "WE'RE TOTALLY NOT PANDERING TO SJWS GUYS LOL" episode, or, at least, another episode devoted to making Ronaldo look like a douchebag and an idiot, which got old half way through the first episode focused on him.

I'm not gonna force myself to sit through a boring townie episode, ESPECIALLY one that only relies on one joke.
>>
>>90223704
Out of 5 people, sure.
>>
File: thats fair.png (244KB, 725x674px) Image search: [Google]
thats fair.png
244KB, 725x674px
>>90223763
>>
>>90223522
Connie doesn't live in the same town. Beach City seems to be a very small place in which residents can walk to a lot of in-town destinations. Connie has always needed a ride to get to and from Steven's house. In The New Crystal Gems, it was confirmed that she's a 20-25 minute bus ride away, which isn't too far, but still seems to be about a town over.

Beach City might not have its own school system, and the other Beach City kids probably have to go to schools in different towns in the district. Since Onion's friends are all summer kids, it seems there aren't even enough kids in his age group in the town to fill a whole class.

Greg actually may have had Steven homeschooled just to save money on things like tuition and bus transport. I think rural families from small out of the way communities sometimes do this, and maybe there are even other Beach City kids that are homeschooled, like Onion.
>>
>>90206306
>You've been meanie to me T.T

Jesus christ
>>
>>90223233
Thanks mate. Would you mind posting it both here and in /sug/ ? I might go to sleep soon so I will probably find your notes faster there than in some random thread
>>
>>90224668
I'll try, I'm a bit busy today so if I forget, sorry in advance. Also, this presentation was back in July of 2016 so some of the info might be outdated, but most of it entails the process behind making an episode and some anecdotes given by the boarders

Pic is some autographs I got
>>
>>90223522
>Where are her classmates in the town?
It's been stated at least three times that the town is a total of 15 people.
>>
>>90215358
>Bernie

Nope.
>>
>>90223522
He is literally a fucking alien. Why would he go to school?
>>
>>90226367
To learn?
>>
>>90226392
Why would he learn bullshit human garbage when he could be learning gem stuff from his fellow gems? They made the right choice, school is for suckers.
>>
>>90201795
no it doesn't hit anywhere near close to home, I'm just pissed they had a new gem as a fucking teaser and then it's this retarded cunt-wipe being an ASSHOLE
>>
File: bird.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>90203307
>>90203339
>>90203384
>>90221612
wait so something I've never understood is how steven was born, did she just dissolve after passing her gem onto steven and them pushing him out??

and how did she even get pregnant anyway? they're like alien hard light holograms with no proper biology, right?

there's so many questions that are unlikely to be answered due to it being a kids show and it annoys me.
>>
>>90207695
>b-but it's the libtards and SJWs who are triggered!
>>
>>90226676
They are though.
>>
>>90210535
>somebody with no friends and who is shown no compassion for thousands of years is finally shown companionship
Positive feelings are powerful when all you know is netativity. You can see it start to change her while they start building the drill. There's a reason the home world gems jump for Steven's attention.
>>
>>90226662
It's canon that Rose "formed a womb". Honestly, that just raises more questions.
>>
>>90221005
This makes sense. Peridot is pretty straightforward in her ignorance and insecurity and her cultural clash and following learning is easily identifiable.

Ronaldo on the other way is petty and manipulative, maybe not out of malice but he plays the victim too conveniently and mocks Steven's teachings by trying to twist them out on him trying to make him feel guilty. Fortunately Ronaldo is not hopeless and recognize his bullshit when called out on it.
>>
This episode was so bad my cat died of kidney failure yesterday
seriously she did, not the best episode to have to comfort me on such a day
>>
>>90201795
It was boring filler garbage. No, it was worse than that: Ronaldo is an annoying character whose only purpose is to annoy everyone else. That's not fucking fun Sucrose.
>>
>>90208937
Steven Universe has three kinds of episodes:

Gem War/Main Plot Arc
Steven's Development
and Filler

Sometimes you find a gem in the filler, but more often it's just the writers struggling to meet their episode quota.
>>
>>90201795
Because it was systematically formulated to be annoying and obnoxious.
>>
>>90214287
>implying Ronaldo won't be Serpentine
>>
File: tumblr_olhvnbsJVY1w30o52o1_500.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olhvnbsJVY1w30o52o1_500.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
My favorite thing about this episode is no one seems to acrually get what the message is. Anti trans feminists thinks it's supposed to be calling out transgenders, Tumblr thinks it's calling out white guys, 4chan thinks it's calling out SJWs, Reddit thinks it's about those su critical blogs. Zuke truly went out with a bang.
>>
File: IMG_5233.jpg (196KB, 1241x1229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5233.jpg
196KB, 1241x1229px
>>90230863
>Not Season 4 Perithot
>>
Ronaldo doesn't need training, he just needs a gun.

A gun is more useful than whatever a scrawny indian girl can do.
>>
>>90209531

He's invading their safe space as a white male. He doesn't belong, he never will.
>>
>>90232307
But it's a scrawny Indian girl with an insta-poofing gem sword.
>>
>>90232547

She can't use the sword if her hand is disabled.
>>
>>90221961
>>Turns into "stay in your place White Cis Male, dont take over our Safe Space" shit.
I thought it was the opposite. I thought it was zuke telling the drama babies to go fuck themselves because the show isn't about them
>>
>>90207879
Amedotfag, pls.
>>
>rock people
>IT'S OFFENSIVE
Groaned, don't care if it was supposed to be funny.
Also what was up with that faggie walk?
>>
>>90223522
>More empathic that most humans in the show
>autistic or aspegers
He is several years below in intelligence, but beyond that he don't really have a mental illness
>>
>>90214967
The jokes were and always have been Facebook-level humor of "Aw, that's cute, ha". Never really anything clever, outrageously funny, no good wordplay, nothing super memorable, really. I mean fuck, the Drawn Together joke of, "Oh my God, he's got a Puerto Rican credit card!" in response to having a gun pulled out on them is more memorable then the entirety of SU's jokes.
>>
>>90202142
There was no Lapidot in Rocknaldo. Watch the episode before you open your shit-eating mouth.
>>
>>90232597
The gun has the same problem.
>>
>>90202517
Ronaldo has always been a conspiracy theorist joke (just far enough from the truth to be ridiculous), but this episode he just went full retard. Also, he had this weird passive-aggressiveness against Steven that warranted a smack.
>>
>>90201795
While I hated some of the off model animations and colors, I thought it was pretty good otherwise. Made me laugh multiple times and I enjoyed it overall.
>>
>>90227848
Sorry to hear that. I will sacrifice a mouse in her honor.
>>
File: DC_TOKYO_XTREME_RACER_2.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DC_TOKYO_XTREME_RACER_2.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
>>90212303
>Start of ep continues as normal, Ronaldo 'joins' CG
>begins training
>sucks
>small montage where he tries to latch onto superficial aspects of the main 3 that he finds appealing
>tries hang with Amy but is not good at improvising or thinking on the fly
>wants to be stoic and mysterious as Garnet, but is too much of a spaz
>notices Pearl has a sword collection, near breaking point is that his mall ninja shit is shattered by Holo-Pearl
>meets Peri, starts talking conspiracies, and internet
>Lapis also chimes in during this conversation with a heavy handed telling that this is a real war, with real sacrifice, and you should know what you're signing up for
>things click a little bit for him that maybe he needs to tone it down
>He connects somewhat with Peri, in that they are both correcting each other on his gem conspiracies and her misconceptions about earth and internet culture
>Ronaldo remains a CG but in a support role, him and Peri share a love of Camp Pining Hearts, along with him finally learning a bit of focus
>possible future episode has him decoding some important rune or warning from one of the many ruins around earth to help the CGs in a battle

pic unrelated
>>
>>90223522
Christ, townie episodes are already cancerous, but I can't imagine how terrible it would be if they had to waste time with Steven's school adventures or a bunch of his classmates running around.
>>
It'd be nice if someone called the Crystal Gems out for being shitheads for once
>>
>>90239512
Lapis is the least involved in the war of anyone. She only got put in the mirror because she wandered into the battlefield and she hasn't done shit except fight Jasper since.

>>90241051
They got banned from that pizza place one time.
Thread posts: 473
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.