[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout of Nightwing becoming an A lister?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1460440394172.jpg (168KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
1460440394172.jpg
168KB, 600x911px
Yes, another Nightwing thread, but from a different angle. Much as we all love Dick, he has never made that final step into mainstream consciousness. He is always Robin to most people.

Will having his own movie, live action, finally give him that push? Could we actually see Nightwing finally welcomed into the Justice League as Batman tries not to look proud?
>>
Nope and lol no
>>
>>90200949
The denial is setting in.
>>
>>90200732

Hopefully. Dick is a great character.
>>
>>90200732
If the movie is good,he will become much more popular with the general public. If the movie is terrible,his popularity will probably remain the same since most of the public is unfamiliar with his character.

Even if his movie does well,he might not get a push for unknown reasons. Other characters who became popular because of a movie still haven't gotten their push yet.
>>
>>90200732
He manages to be pretty popular in the comics community (was voted 3rd most popular DC hero after Batman and Superman on CBR's list), if he gets more normie fans there's a decent chance
>>
>>90201459
Normies loved El Diablo

What is he doing now in the comics?
>>
It is sort of backwards. Typically they try to take a non A-List property and put it in a movie then push it in other things, like comics, video games, merch and animated stuff and hope it becomes a stable franchise. Usually they don't.

Nightwing has been a stable seller in comics for 20 years unlike most non A-List characters but DC/WB have never really wanted to push the character in other things unless he is Robin or Batman. So maybe a movie would make DC/WB want to push the character more and he might finally be able to jump to A-List, but I don't know.

I sort of doubt the movie will happen though, and I seriously doubt Nightwing will ever join the JL in the movies or the comics.
>>
>>90201755
The nightwing movie is obviously the backup plan if Affleck leaves as Batman.

Well since Darkseid is JL's antagonist; and there's a high chance Batman engages Darkseid, what if he gets Omega-beamed out of the timeline?
>>
>>90202878
I doubt that. If the Nightwing movie does well, they're going to make a Nightwing 2, instead of turning it into a Batman movie. If the Nightwing movie does badly, they just won't follow up on it
>>
>>90202878

>Batfleck dies.
>Nightwing takes the mantle as Dickbats for several films.
>A younger Bruce, played by a different actor, emerges from a Lazarus pit.

I can see it. I wouldn't actually be against it. I like Batfleck, but if he wants out, I don't want that bitterness to show through as he plays the character.
>>
>>90203002
actually, If DC had brains, they'd have Nightwing set up the Titans. Then from the titans roster, they get Wally and Dick to replace Flash and Batman for Justice League.
>>
>>90203032
>>A younger Bruce, played by a different actor, emerges from a Lazarus pit.
>It's Bale.
>>
>>90200732
Doubtful, honestly I don't see the Aquaman movie helping him, I certainly don't see the Nightwing movie doing Dick any favours with the public either. If they replace Affleck with whoever plays Dick down the line even worse. Putting him in the DCEU feels pretty risky.
>>
>>90203116
The Balebats is dead, bury it. Consider this mercy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.