[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mr Fantastic passed off clippings from other Marvel comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

File: gwenpool.jpg (174KB, 864x1311px) Image search: [Google]
gwenpool.jpg
174KB, 864x1311px
>Mr Fantastic passed off clippings from other Marvel comics as actual photographs, before hypnotizing the Skrull he had been pretending to be into thinking he was a cow
>Gets away with no consequences.

>Gwenpool messes around like she's playing GTA5
>Gets her sidekick killed and is forced to become MODOK's hench-slave

Tell me again, what's the definition of "randumb"?
>>
>>90191975
>Tell me again, what's the definition of "randumb"?

The things you like
>>
>Gwenpool reading Gwenpool
Is this going to be a highly meta plot point or is it just a nice cover gag.
>>
>>90191975
Gwenpool isn't random or really even meta. People just call her that to lump her into the reasons they hate marvel without really ever reading it.

They literally judge a book by its, admittedly wacky, cover.
>>
>>90192076
The plot of the arc is about Gwen trying to find a way to work around the fact that the longer she spends in 616, the less useful her meta knowledge becomes because she's not aware of all the new issues and retcons happening post-Secret Wars. So... maybe?
>>
File: cOnZgP9.jpg (110KB, 914x600px) Image search: [Google]
cOnZgP9.jpg
110KB, 914x600px
Nothing wrong with being a little wacky and dumb. It's fun watching her bumble around and screw things up. I haven't enjoyed a comic book this much in a while, no lie.
>>
Marvel has been trying to get their own Harley for years, I guess they finally got her
>>
>>90191975
Why isn't taylor swift every gwen?
>>
>>90193166
Good thing too, since DC is doing their level best to shit all over theirs.
>>
>>90191975
>"randumb"

the stupid dialogue and situations that the comic is trying to pass as ''humor''.

Post one of the so called comedic moments and you will see that those moments are never related to the character or the plot, is just Gwenpool saying ''lolsoquirky'' dialogue

Thank god the book is getting cancelled, getting Deadpool on the book didn't help it one bit so you know, zombie book
>>
>>90193267
>Thank god the book is getting cancelled
You have 0 proof of this, fuck off hater
>>
>>90191975
I fucking love this art but no interest to read...
>>
>>90192151
>Gwenpool isn't random or really even meta.

Or funny, or with cool action scenes, coplex stories or impressive art.

But she makes cutes anime faces...yay?
>>
>>90193355
If you didn't think the part where she fought MODOK was at least pretty neat, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
File: modok.jpg (116KB, 451x667px) Image search: [Google]
modok.jpg
116KB, 451x667px
>>90193355
>Or funny, or with cool action scenes, coplex stories or impressive art.

This, the book is terrible and the only reason is liked is because of lonely virgins like to project their lack of a girlfriend into Gwenpool and making the world know about her being their waifu is like the equivalent of the world knowing about him having a sex life or some shit.

Is just like in the Injustice threads with the IviXharley shipper that keeps going out of his way to make people know that he likes that pairing, because? I don't know but it involves being sad and lonely.
>>
I don't think there is a current ongoing comic that so many people on here are so determined to hate. Can someone explain to me why this book is the posterchild of marvel hate? I can name AT LEAST 10 more marvel series that are worse than this book.
>>
>>90193727
>so many people on here are so determined to hate
One really persistent shitposter that doesn't even actually hate the book and just does it because he's addicted to the (You)s and a handful of people who haven't actually read it and just hate it on principle because of the title isn't really that many people, nor the "posterchild of marvel hate." USG, Hellcat, and Champions get far more hate when you take out the resident barneyfag-tier autist.
>>
>>90193727
From the outside, she looks like a derivative of two popular characters (Gwen Stacey and Deadpool), featuring randomness instead of subtance, and based around looking anime-esque. It looks like a cheap attempt to grab attention.

I read the comic and know that it's not like that, but I can see how people who never read this would see it as that.

There are other reasons to dislike it, but I think a lot of people are literally judging a book by its cover.
>>
>>90193298
It's literally one guy who autistically chimps out about Gwenpool in any thread where the character or general Marvel sales figures are mentioned.
>>
>>90193727
>Can someone explain to me why this book is the posterchild of marvel hate?
The hate Gwenpool gets is nothing compared to the hatred you'll see for USG, Hellcat or Mockingbird.
>>
>>90193809
I don't know, maybe it's just me. I haven't seen a lot of hate for Hellcat (which is ending) or in Champions except for in their storytime threads. I feel like a new thread gets started every day for people (or I guess just one guy) to hate on the comic.
>>
>>90193836
>There are other reasons to dislike it, but I think a lot of people are literally judging a book by its cover.

After all is said and done, the book is mediocre at best.

I have read a lot of different Deadpool runs and most writters take the character to places, wacky humor strange dark humor, strange over the top comedic action scenes, etc.

Gwenpool plays it too safe, the action scenes are bland, the comedy at best is Gwenpool having a animesque reaction face or kind of saying a quirky dialogue here and there, noting visually creative or interesting, the plots are too mundane too, nothing special.

That's the problem with Gwenpool, too vanilla.
>>
>>90191975
GWENPOOL IS CUTE
>>
>>90193836
>>90193513
>>90193355

The problem is the autistic fanbase going on angry child rants the moment people dare to talk shit about the book ''You clearly haven't read it!!! Otherwise you would see the genious that Gwenpool is!!!'' trying to make the comic into their safe space or some shit
>>
>>90193931
You said it yourself, it's almost entirely the acts of one really persistent and really autistic shitposter. It's not like he tries to hide it. Short of using a name or trip, he practically signs his posts.
>>
>>90194009
I believe that's called "disagreeing with someone's viewpoint" anon.

Which is something that no one is apparently allowed to do anymore.
>>
>>90194009
Most if not all of the "clearly haven't read it" posts are directed at idiots that call her Gwen Stacy or a deadpool clone.
>>
>>90193881
None of those get as many threads dedicated toward hating them.

You'll get short bursts of hate threads, but most of it amounts to shitposting in preview and solicit threads.

With Gwenpool, you have week after week of threads claiming she's randumb cancer that's going to get canceled in three months.
>>
>>90194114
>I believe that's called "disagreeing with someone's viewpoint" anon.

sperging out is not disagreeing, that's just letting yout autismo show.

>>90194152
>Most if not all of the "clearly haven't read it" posts are directed at idiots that call her Gwen Stacy or a deadpool clone

Not true, they do that whenever somebody dares to say that the book is not funny or that the action scenes are terrible '''well, clearly we are talking about different books since Gwenpool does action and comedy masterfully!''
Is fucking embarrasing how affraid of criticism this fanbase is.
>>
>>90194190
>that's going to get canceled in three months.

More like she has already been cancelled and we just have to wait for it.
>>
>>90194293
You've said so many times, it's lost all meaning.
>>
>>90194660
stay salty Hackstings, your book is over like your shitty webcomic.
>>
>>90194699
No seriously, what are you getting out of shit posting this comic?

I mean, what happens if it does get canceled. What do you get out of it? And will it validate you venting every week?
>>
>>90194699
You said that 3 months ago.
And 3 months before that.
And 3 months before that.
>>
File: ub1smht.jpg (43KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
ub1smht.jpg
43KB, 400x350px
>>90194268
Look at this thread. You're going to tell me it's the people that LIKE the comic that are sperging out? Unless you mean admitting you like the book at all or wondering why people get so pissed off at the mere mention of it is sperging.

It was like this in the other big thread, too. Nobody got overly defensive and called Gwenpool a masterpiece or anything like that. People just got annoyed at the angry posts decrying it as the worst shit in existence. And most of those people said she was a rehash of Deadpool, which just goes to show they aren't interested in the comic as much as blindly shitting on it. That's not criticism, it's just pointless spite.

It's not that great of a comic, but I'd love to see one thread without people going out of their way to explain why it's the least funny most loathsome pile of shit ever shat.
>>
>>90194789
>I mean, what happens if it does get canceled.

Then we are one step closer to make Marvel great again.

>>90194829
Yes because months ago people knew that around issue 16 is going to end, so we are just giving you people a refresher.
>>
File: 1422097860144.png (170KB, 564x337px) Image search: [Google]
1422097860144.png
170KB, 564x337px
>>90194884
>Look at this thread. You're going to tell me it's the people that LIKE the comic that are sperging out?

First time in a gwenpool thread and honestly they are, its fucking embarrasing.
Is funny how is always a bunch of 20 something dudes the ones white knighting these shitty books aimed at teenage women, pretty cringey if you ask me.
They don't seem to handle anything negative regarding the book or the character, as if every single shortcoming around the book can be exaplined as ''its not their fault or you actually didn't understood what they meant, the book is perfect!''
>>
>>90194977
Nobody defending it said it was perfect though. Where did you see that?
>>
>>90194977
Yeah, the people that like the comic are really taking it to the people that don't. Like that one post that doesn't exist where the guy says everyone should like the comic and its perfect.
>>
File: 5.jpg (1MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
1MB, 1800x2767px
>>90191975
I would actually read comic books if the art style of all of them looked like this.
>>
>>90195154
Yeah, the substitute artists don't really capture the style as well, but I think it's mostly passable. I liked the zombie chapter even if the art was rather iffy.
>>
File: gwenpool-17.jpg (42KB, 500x242px) Image search: [Google]
gwenpool-17.jpg
42KB, 500x242px
And we got Spiderman punching Gwen in the face. She was retarded to think it wouldn't turn out like this. But then again I guess you can say that for a lot of the stupid shit she does. That's why it's fun.
>>
File: 14.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
I'm still surprised she was actually able to (sort of) defeat MODOK. I can't imagine someone with no powers making such short work of mechanical spider legs unless they're made of playdough.
>>
>>90195304
>a lot of the stupid shit she does.

I wish she would do stupid shit at least, everything its so tame and boring.
>>
>>90195901
Insulting MODOK to his face was a bad idea. So was thinking Spiderman would be cool with her going full on Punisher.

A lot of times it's less straight up bad decisions as much as thinking "I'm in my own comic book, so everything has to work out no matter what I do!" and seeing that blow up in her face over and over.

Out of curiosity though, what kind of stupid shit do you have in mind?
>>
>>90194190
>going to get cancelled in three months
>the issue that comes out in three months is the start of an arc
Try again, senpai.
>>
>>90194915
>because months ago people knew that around issue 16 is going to end
No? All we knew was that her third trade went up to issue 16, which I imagine is going to get resolicited to 15 since 16 is the start of a new arc.
>>
>>90196353
>Insulting MODOK to his face was a bad idea. So was thinking Spiderman would be cool with her going full on Punisher.

I meant bad ideas that are fun to read about, like going out of her way to pull a bank heist while using tons and tons of Gwenpool vehicules, gadgets, villian speeches, cartooney stunts that only would make sense in a comic book world, etc.
Again, all the action is really tame and boring, nothing worth talking about.

Right now even Action Comics is pulling more wacky stories than Gwenpool
>>
>>90196423
>is the start of a new arc.
>final arc.
>>
>>90196840
>final arc
Source?
>>
>>90196865
My uncle works at Marvel.
>>
File: 13.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
>>90196809
Oh, I see. I'll have to check out Action Comics then, thanks. Also I agree that it would be funny to see her forego the hero persona and try going full super villain. Or get completely in over her head like never before in some other way.

Speaking of hamming it up as a villain, she already had some Gwenchmen, which she called Poole Boys which isn't nearly as catchy, but being an idiot is part of her charm so I forgive it.

I should story time this someday.
>>
>>90197049
yeah but at the end of the day is just an action scene, nothing funny or creative about it.

It reminds me of a commentary on the Invader Zim dvd's ''...and then we had to change most of the episode because doing that would mean just doing action scenes with weird looking characters as the whole joke and that's just not funny.''
>>
>>90196809
Didn't she sell the Skrull a bioweapon because she was sure the Avengers would be able to handle it if they used it?
>>
>>90197122
I wasn't trying to imply that page was the funniest thing ever, but it was still pretty entertaining to me. I was just using it as an example of her doing something vaguely similar.
>>
File: Gwens-Parents.png (3MB, 1366x2099px) Image search: [Google]
Gwens-Parents.png
3MB, 1366x2099px
I wonder how much of a fuck up she is in the real world if she thinks her parents would be better off if she never existed. Every time her past is brought up she seems like she's desperate to change the subject.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.