[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of this strip?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: ga780727.gif (43KB, 600x174px) Image search: [Google]
ga780727.gif
43KB, 600x174px
What do you think of this strip?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
>>
>>90191794
why does he have a butt for a face
>>
>>90192546
Cause
I̮͕͔͓̼̭̗ ̟̞H̸̗̘A̻͍͎̺͔̦Ț͈͚͉̳̟̲͜E͎̞͇̖̖̯͓͢ ̜̥̥̦͉̟M͔̗̯̟͓̩̖Ó̙̘̫̪̘͍Ń͈͍͍̗̳̺̹Ḏ̵͍̱͈͚A̪͍YS̳͍
>>
>>90191794
>>90191817
The pipe is obviously a homage to René Magritte's famous surealist painting of a pipe. Since the goal of surealism was essentially that of revolution of any norm and commodity, I assume that Jon represents society and Garfield represents revolutionary art.
The fucking pipe does not exist, and Garfield is hitting Jon over the head with this fact and shocks his tiny burgeous world of commodity and control. Note that he is wearing a blue collared shirt and is consuming a newspaper; the conformist's media and the mouthpiece of those in power.
I'm a bit too tired to go into detail here, but it is brilliant actually.
>>
>>90196870
That's great and everything, but apart from that pretentious stuff what really matters is that this strip is funny as fuck
I've been cracking up for the past half hour just thinking about it.
>>
File: 1487942733777.gif (46KB, 600x173px) Image search: [Google]
1487942733777.gif
46KB, 600x173px
>>90196952
You're going to like this then.
>>
>>90196999
holy fuck, that's brilliant

any more like this out there?
>>
>>90191817
I wonder what he thinks of the saga where Garfield was alone and presumably died.

That's arguably the only actual comic where Garfield tried to be something more.

Think Lasagna Cat will ever do that? Oh god that'd be horrifying...
>>
>>90196999
Trips confirm.

How do we get Lasagna Cat to cover this?
>>
>>90196999
another classic for the ages
>>
File: garfield_books_part_3_by_cpt_wu.jpg (86KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
garfield_books_part_3_by_cpt_wu.jpg
86KB, 600x450px
I was raised on the old garfield comics

Fun stuff, occasionally brilliant.
>>
>>90191794
It reminds me of that one sonichu part with chris drinking from a giant straw.
>>
Did you submit your information to the Telephone Sex Survey, /co/?
I hope you were honest :^)
>>
>>90191794
i see a masterpiece that would make hemmingway weep.
>>
>>90202881
I mean there are a lot of 0's that sound like anons to me.
>>
>>90198794
>I wonder what he thinks of the saga where Garfield was alone and presumably died.
What in the fuck?
>>
>>90204021
it was a Halloween week series. garfield woke up in an old abandoned for years version of his house and went crazy and either woke up, or went to a dream world where it was like old times
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.