[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: DCN_3650.png (196KB, 350x226px) Image search: [Google]
DCN_3650.png
196KB, 350x226px
What went wrong?
>>
Teen Titans Go! being the only survivor.
>>
CN being a vindictive bitch.
>>
>>90189728
You're growing up and becoming the cranky cousin who rambles about the good old days.
Happens to the best of us, unfortunately.
>>
>>90189728

GL the 200 million dollar movie was dead on arrival meaning the cartoon was doomed.

The tween superhero girls don't have enough pop culture presence to be sustainable.

The DC anthology show idea was fun but never had a way to gain momentum.

Young Justice is back because of Netflix's magic.

Teen Titans Go remains more popular than God.
>>
>>90189728
they didn't make the Amethyst shorts a full show
>>
>>90189728
Doom Patrol was the shit.
>>
A good portion of those shorts would have made better shows than TTGo.
>>
File: DCSHG Billion Dollar Brand.png (29KB, 829x416px) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG Billion Dollar Brand.png
29KB, 829x416px
>>90189830
>The tween superhero girls don't have enough pop culture presence to be sustainable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdTSHk72_Xw
Just make it a High School AU, and it'll sell.
>>
>>90189728
CN hatded it
>>
>>90190023
>We will never get a Doom Patrol series with the quality of JLU
>We will never get a PG version of Morrison's Doom Patrol
>>
Because it was shit.
>>
Whatever killed Beware anyway? YJ was undone by poor toy sales. GL:TAS was killed by the movie's failure. By the time BtB was airing, CN already seemed willing to kill it.
>>
>>90191043
CN didn't want it before air because it wasn't comedy based. That is why they ordered ttgo.
>>
>>90189728
DC and CN already hated each other immensely and this block would only intensify those feelings
>>
>>90189830
>The tween superhero girls don't have enough pop culture presence to be sustainable.

I find it funny Laura Faust missed her chance on that DC Superhero girls thing.
>>
>>90191290
I don't understand why Warner never make there companies work together
>>
>>90189728
CN deliberately sabotaged it.
>>
>>90189783
Fuck no. I know if a channel is shit when I see one. If I was 8yo again, I'd be very annoyed with TTGo.
>>
>>90191338
I know. The current series isn't too bad, but Faust's pitch was infinitely more appealing.
>>
>>90193583
Has WB animation made anything appealing lately?
>>
>>90191043
People always ignore how much it was hated when it was announced. They didn't think anyone wanted to watch it.
>>
File: DC Girl Power.jpg (394KB, 1401x1400px) Image search: [Google]
DC Girl Power.jpg
394KB, 1401x1400px
>>90191338
I think part of it comes down to timing, Mattel has been in financial trouble for a few years and needed DC to help fill the hole.

First, Mattel lost the Disney Princess license to Hasbro because of the horses.

Second, Monster High is on a decline. This is Mattel's own fault because they rebooted and got lazy with the toys. Rumor has it, higher ups at Mattel didn't like it cannibalizing Barbie sales and getting more popular than Barbie. So Mattel self sabotage it.

Third, Ever After High never took off and is rumored to end this year.

Fourth, DCSHG dolls are emphasize to be action dolls, and not fashion dolls. I think the idea is so they don't directly compete with Barbie. I don't own the dolls, but I think they're more articulated and pose able?

Also, not even comic readers give a shit about Donna. Even Hawkman has more fans.
>>
>>90190811
>>We will never get a PG version of Morrison's Doom Patrol
Good. Censored DP is garbage.
>>
>>90189728
You fags decided to nitpick programming for children.
>>
File: beware.jpg (57KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
beware.jpg
57KB, 800x1200px
>>90191043
Cartoon Network never wanted Beware the Batman, but Warner Bros higher ups wanted a Batman cartoon and pushed it on them, so they did everything they could to kill the show, no advertising, horrible time slot, and then pulled it the moment they could justify it from the low ratings.

Which is sad, it was a really good show once you get past the character designs and depopulated backgrounds.
>>
>>90189830
Yeah the GL movie killed the TAS because a lot of stores still had toys from the movie that couldn't off load. They didn't want to have extra inventory for a franchise that hurts their bottom line.
>>
>>90193596
Justice League Action
>>
>>90194525
Most of the bitching about it was made by neckbeards and autists. CN ignores them. If they listened to them, TTGo would've been cancelled mid-production.
>>
>>90195244
I think this is the longest period of time there's been without a Batman cartoon since TAS debuted. It's been almost three years since Beware ended.
>>
>>90195244
I still think it's the weakest Batman show I've watched so far, even The Batman was better. I also disliked how they tried to use lesser known Batman villains but completely changed them and made them almost proxies for the usual Batman villains.
>>
>>90197289
>I also disliked how they tried to use lesser known Batman villains but completely changed them and made them almost proxies for the usual Batman villains.

This only applies to Anarky.
>>
>>90189759
>CN being a vindictive bitch

This
>>
>>90191254
>CN didn't want it
>>90191504
>CN deliberately sabotaged it
>>90195244
>Cartoon Network never wanted
>>
>>90199072
Lol no Pyg is by far the worst offender. Why would you even want Professor fucking Pyg in a children's cartoon!?
>>
>>90189728
CN hates IPs it does not directly own

DC should stop wasting time with CN and just go straight to Netfliz/Hulu/Amazon/etc
>>
>>90193596
>WB animation

They do more than just make toons for CN, you know? They are the studio that released/did The Lego Batman movie (and all the future Lego animated movies), The Killing Joke (yeah, I know, not a recommendation, but put the blame where it belongs - blame Bruce Timm for it) and all the other animated DCU films, DC Super Hero Girls, etc.
>>
File: 1405662331853.jpg (92KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1405662331853.jpg
92KB, 1916x1076px
>>90201097
Pyg was pretty different, but he didn't resemble another Batman villain. There are some comparisons to Ivy, but he and Toad lacked any sympathetic traits and their crusade came second to their sadistic fun. He's more of a hedonistic Dr. Moreau by the end.
>>
>>90201437
JLA looks pretty good. You gotta be kidding about DC Super Hero Girls and the DCU movies being visually appealing.
>>
>>90201134
WB should make another KidsWB
>>
>>90201134
You saying CN owns Teen Titans now? Because they can't spam GO hard enough.
>>
CN not getting the fucking point and only if paying for TTGO while the creators told us to go fuck ourselfes for wanting songs better
>>
>>90191390

Different companies ran by different people with different agendas. And those people being stubborn fucks unwilling to compromise or collaborate with each other.
>>
>>90202454
This. I fucking loved watching KidsWB. WB has their own animation department now, there's nothing stopping them from taking it to the next level.
>>
>>90189728
the aardman shorts
>>
>>90202542
GO is an exception due to how well it does

>>90201437
heck WB animation appears to be tired of CN screwing over it's stuff since it made a show for Disney recently

>>90201097
honestly it wouldn't be all that hard to make Professor Pyg kid friendly and still be overall comics accurate, just have to be go even further into the super science he uses to make his Dollotrons than the comics do, and tone down his language just a tad
>>
>Justice League Action airs at 5am on mondays
>Teen Titans Go has 3 hour marathons everyday at 3pm
really makes you think
>>
>>90203981
I hated those so goddamn much.
>>
teen titans go is super popular

i would say fucking beast boy is more popuelar than say thor is with teenagers and /co/
>>
>>90202296
>DC Super Hero Girls

My point wasn't that WB Animation 'looks pretty good' or not. My point was that WB Animation, as a studio and production company did more work than just what Anon above saw on Cartoon Network.

DC SHG isn't my taste not just in animation, but in concept and story-telling. I don't agree with dumbing down the books; they should certainly make it age appropriate but they don't need to make Harley a good guy, or Ivy, as just two examples. That type of thinking is almost as stupid as making Zod a gym teacher, the way another author did. When those kids grow a little older and start reading books where Ivy or HQ kills people, they'll be in for more than just a surprise. All that said, I'm not fond of the art either.

Not sure what you mean about DCU movies. If you mean the DC Animated movies, some of them have excellent art for that type of thing.

As far as the Lego movies, they look good, both the direct to DVD movies and Lego Batman.

>>90204667
I think the new mandate from the corporate over-lords at WB is for WB Animation to sell to highest bidder. They are selling the Lego WB animated stuff to Netflix. Not sure why they haven't sold the entire movies there yet, but they may be that they simply hope to make more DVD sales or toy set sales (although I would think putting it on Netflix would help toy sales). They keep putting JL and JLU on Netflix so they already have a good relationship with them as a outlet for their stuff.
>>
>>90191338
Speaking of Laura Faust, she's super cutell. Her hubby really married up.
>>
File: Wild Tale of Reformation.jpg (719KB, 1988x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Wild Tale of Reformation.jpg
719KB, 1988x1528px
>>90207673
>When those kids grow a little older and start reading books where Ivy or HQ kills people, they'll be in for more than just a surprise.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.