[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's not fucking funny, why do people think this is clever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: not funny.jpg (63KB, 467x782px) Image search: [Google]
not funny.jpg
63KB, 467x782px
It's not fucking funny, why do people think this is clever?
>>
hahaha this is so #me xD
>>
They don't think it's clever. But, then, you could always just enjoy something even if it wasn't the pinnacle of its medium. It's gonna be alright, you're gonna be ok. I promise you this matter is the least consequential thing in the world. Take deep breaths.
>>
bc lol so relatable XDD
>>
Even South Park knew that the same joke over and over again is fucking boring.
>>
>>90180196
Modern comedy consists of venting your spleen at every person-guy who's ever wronged you in some way. This is technically more clever than the norm.
>>
>>90180196
Do the people who make these "rofl life so hard how do i adult LOL" comics ever consider for a moment that maybe the way they're living life is what's making it so difficult, not that life itself is actually difficult?

Mother fucker I live in NYC with crippling debt and I'm still better off than probably 70% of people in the world.
>>
>>90180196
brehs, how do I get to life mode
>>
>>90180415
Squatz n Oats
>>
>>90180196
Why do you keep paying attention to this comic?
Why do you keep making these threads?
Why are you like this?
>>
>>90180333
>not that life itself is actually difficult?

Why would you imply that life isn't difficult, and then go on to claim that you are failing at life and you believe that 70% of all people are failing even harder than you are? How does that make any fucking sense whatsoever, you stupid fucking idiot?
>>
>>90180196
That's every comic he makes.
>>
>>90180852
Me being better off than 70% of the world =/= 70% of the world has a hard life. Just because my situation is better than someone in a rural area who hasn't been able to get a job for two years doesn't mean that's the epitome of "Life sucks".

Even someone in a shitty scenario in a first world country still has it better than most people who consider raids in their homes, bombs dropping, and the struggle to get fucking water to be normal. And every single person who is making these, "Wah life I can't cook!" comics are absolutely some 20-something year old twit in, most likely America, probably with tons of friends, money to feed themselves, a decent online following, and able to support themselves to a degree. None of these people are actually bitching about struggles of life, or even anything very specific other than the complaint equivalence of, "I want to use the bathroom, but I'm too lazy to get up".
>>
>>90180852
Oh also, fuck yourself. The top comment is for people who give a shit, not specifically for an asshole like you.
>>
>>90180196
>>
File: 1487631932457.png (84KB, 209x228px) Image search: [Google]
1487631932457.png
84KB, 209x228px
>>90181138
>>
File: 1485050396623.png (532KB, 940x940px) Image search: [Google]
1485050396623.png
532KB, 940x940px
>>
File: 1484968670753.jpg (112KB, 1082x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1484968670753.jpg
112KB, 1082x1082px
>>90181177
>>
>>90181138
What's that white thing at the end of the pencil supposed to be? I don't follow this at all!
>>
>>90181138
Works better with just the first two panels
>>
>>90180196

Why so many muh-llenials have anxiety/mental health issues?
>>
>>90181202
What run of Jojo is this from?
>>
>>90180196
it's an oversimplification but it's pretty good
>>
>>90181288
Jorge Joestar
>>
>>90181282
A society that prides itself on progression, specifically the progression of "understanding mental health better than ever".
Society pushing for more "It's okay to admit you need help" life style to contrast the "Keep it to yourself" mindset from the last dozen decades.

The increase in entertainment, news intake, and social media sharing since the dawn of Hollywood and paparazzi giving people worldwide a "standard" of what success is, and if they DON'T have that, they feel bad. Of course, we've always had celebrities throughout life, the rich and the poor, but now it's at a ridiculous level of exposure and we're brought up to believe that literally anyone can be anything. You! There! You can be a famous cartoonist if you just work hard enough and draw every day!

The internet has amplified the above thought times eleven because now we see only the best parts of our friends, their vacation photos, their new jobs, and think that's happening to them constantly because we aren't in their shoes to see the boring parts, and we become obsessed with comparing our worse to their best because we have so much free time on our hands, we just spend it browsing the internet.
Doctors over prescribing pills that actually fuck you up emotionally more or accidentally act as placebos where you end up feeling worse once you're off of them, even if they didn't actually do anything.

It provides an answer for when people feel constantly sad from the above reasons despite most of this being self-induced depression, not an actual chemical imbalance. Though, making yourself feel sad constantly on a regular basis can basically be self-induced imbalances. Like if you train yourself to orgasm after you eat a ham sandwich, eventually you'll just associate the two together and have linked two parts in your brain that can be undone without medication, but is tough to do so.

Put them all together, you get people who whine and say, "I'm depressed!" when they're just bummed out.
>>
>>90180271
encouraging mediocrity is a fine way to kill a medium or it's content.

the only case where it's even remotely fine to allow it is when you desperately need some form of diversity or competition no matter how shit it is, which isn't the case for either webcomics or comedy.

enjoying shit isn't something to be proud of, it's something you fix or at least try to.
>>
>>90181138
This is excellent, thanks.
>>
>>90181202

This made me laugh too much.
>>
>>90181445

>Though, making yourself feel sad constantly on a regular basis can basically be self-induced imbalances. Like if you train yourself to orgasm after you eat a ham sandwich, eventually you'll just associate the two together and have linked two parts in your brain that can be undone without medication, but is tough to do so.

Yeah dude, this is a good post overall. But I don't think people realize how much they're programmable through physical stimulus. We observe it all the time in animals, it's no different with us.
>>
>>90180271
I can tell you have a tumblr, you fucking faggot. Stop enabling bottom of the barrel, talentless hacks.
>>
>>90180196
Because it's daily lol shit for some faggot's facebook feed. It's like the comicstrips in the newspaper, no one gives a shit its full of lame recycled humor about life. Thats why they're reading it.
>>
>>90180196
>tfw too intelligent to read mediocre comics but intelligent enough to shit on it on an anonymous Malaysian interpretive dance subreddit
>>
>>90180196
>he wants his funnybooks to be deep and meaningful

Comics is mostly a trivial medium and pretending otherwise is just immature. The industry is dying and there's negligible market for indies. Tumblr and Instagram feeds is the only way to get people's attention
>>
>>90180196
Nobody thinks it's clever. But it's cool to put on your Facebook page and helps to pass time with your gf while you're waiting for your squad to turn up at the club. Why're you complaining anyway?
>>
File: 9b9.png (367KB, 583x827px) Image search: [Google]
9b9.png
367KB, 583x827px
>>90180196
>>
>>90183370
Same as the people who want videogames to be called "art"

Like, it's just a game haha lets shoot some zombies and collect bonus points or someshit, shut the fuck up about art
>>
File: Introspection.png (231KB, 970x725px) Image search: [Google]
Introspection.png
231KB, 970x725px
>>
File: Head Buddies.png (51KB, 1024x510px) Image search: [Google]
Head Buddies.png
51KB, 1024x510px
>>
>>90183532
Ha.

Hahaha...
>>
>>90180196
I don't get it?
Trying to ignore a problem?
Is this person such a pussy that they can't function in day-to-day life?

Explain to me.
>>
>>90183561
Its almost like you're not a neet
>>
>>90183532
I want to fuck Erin.
That's her name, right?
>>
>>90183574
I kinda am because I'm not currently working, in training or undergoing further education.
Not that I'm not looking though.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.