[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did the hell he get hired?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 21

File: tumblr_mdeibkye4f1r78wq5.jpg (69KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdeibkye4f1r78wq5.jpg
69KB, 500x374px
how did the hell he get hired?
>>
>>90179730
Have you ever attended an American public school?
>>
>>90179991
This. They'll hire anyone with a Bachelors degree.
>>
>>90179730
He was (still is?) fucking the principal.
>>
I'm watching season 1 episodes of fop and crocker is more nuts than I remember.
>>
>>90179730
he was probably a good teacher until timmy fucked him over not saying he wasn't nuts before that I'm sure he let the fairy obsession slip now and then but timmy just escalated it to a new level
>>
File: dress_zpse7b48a2f.png (286KB, 412x570px) Image search: [Google]
dress_zpse7b48a2f.png
286KB, 412x570px
>>90180348
>whole new level
>>
>>90179730
He's a male primary school teacher, schools don't want to lose the few that they have.
>>
>>90179730
You Know!
i feel like if i look back at fairly odd parents, i might end up liking and appreciating a character like crocker.
>>
>>90180650
Sure especially after that episode where Timmy goes back in time and meets kid crocker
>>
Here's why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrQBIa3Ogqs
>>
>>90180401
Well it dose look good on him.
>>
>>90179730
>Is that your ear... on your neck?
>>
File: Grunt.jpg (104KB, 464x358px) Image search: [Google]
Grunt.jpg
104KB, 464x358px
>>90179730
I've asked myself the exact same question with all of my old teachers. Even when I wasn't in an american public school. >>90179991

Once upon a time I had a narcissist for a teacher, and I'm not just saying that for kicks. This lady (who looked exactly like a white Gruntilda) spent most lessons talking about how much our parents were spending to send us to that school. She would spend the entire lesson doing this.

So end of the year comes and I get my report card in. I got some alright feedback from other teachers, they all seemed mostly happy with my work. Then I take a look at this hag's marks. This pus bucket had decided to talk more about herself on my report card than me, even going as far as to call herself one of if not THE best teachers in the country and that she had won several awards. Worst part is, I know she gave me bad grades for some of my papers simply because she didn't agree with my opinion.

When she decided to stop fingering her cooch to the thought of herself, all she had to say about me was that I needed to show more respect to her. Of course I knew well and good that I give my regards to those who deserve it, and a lot of other teachers at the time were all over me for that, mostly for me treating them like humans with feelings rather than objects, or in this case, deities.

Cont.
>>
>>90182247
Cont.

This person didn't like the way I talked I guess because she would constantly interrupt me when I would ask me a question and tell me to repeat it, but more "respectfully." (I think it had to do with my Americanisms, which I was used to getting shit for at the time) It's not like I was talking like "Oi, gimme that paper." I would just say stuff like "Couldja pass that?" and she would correct me to "Miss, could you please give me that paper? Thank you very much miss." She was the type of person if when she asks you "How was your day?" she will scrutinize you for saying anything other than "Good, you?" (or in this case, "Good, miss, how about you?") If you ever DARED say "meh" to her, she will fucking pull you to the side and give you a 10 minute lecture on the functioning of society and how we are expected to say the same thing every time.

Basically I was punished for not kissing the ground she stepped on, and the worst part is, so many other students did this. She was fucking worshiped in the school. I had no idea how that shit flew with some of the other banter lords of the year but I swear everyone was sucking up to this sack of shit. I knew she was just doing this because she was self conscious about how she looked and acted. It was clear she had been through a lot of abuse, and I feel sorry for her for that, but damn dude. Narcissists shouldn't be teachers.

I haven't really gotten into the thick of the things she had done. Don't even remember specifics that well to be honest. I'm sure if you had asked me at the time I could have greentexted something, if I had known what greentexting was.
>>
>>90179991
>>90180056
>>90182247
>>90182251

I think it's ironic how everyone complains about how the education system sucks or is a joke and no one ever wants to put the blame where it obviously needs to go -- the fucking teachers. They act like victim-saints in all of it. Even though we wouldn't be such a dumb nation according to everyone's dumb opinion if they managed to do their jobs of un-dumbing people.

I can launch into all sorts of triads here but I'll leave it at that first and foremost.
>>
>>90182316
You do realize public school teachers don't get paid shit, right? You try dedicating all your time and energy to something that hardly pays the bills.
>>
>>90182316
I don't really think of it to be one thing that causes bad education. It's just a whole lot of opposing shit from everyone. When all is said and done, it's a lot easier to just turn school into a child labor factory rather than keep it in such a chaotic state in which individual's needs are treated accordingly.

Students can be assholes. Teachers can be assholes. Markers can be assholes. The government can be assholes. Principals can be assholes. Janitors can be assholes.

Just be thankful you don't have to live that life anymore.
>>
File: Bois.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bois.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
He's a good boi
>>
>>90182316
the teacher unions holds fuck ton of power in the US, and a full network of retarded media and social support, any suggestion that anything but spending more money on teachers salaries as the solution to Americas education problems is ridiculed and labeled an assault on the idea of education it self.
>>
>>90182483

> You try dedicating all your time and energy to something that hardly pays the bills.

I dedicate my time to and energy to something that doesn't even pay my own bills. It's called having a job. I still do the best job I can do on it, because I'm being paid at all to do something.

Maybe being a teacher pays like shit because... uuhh...she's producing a shit product? That's exactly what I'm talking about, she's demanding more money before she even shows she's capable of producing a better product worth the investment to begin with.

Why do so many teachers get into this profession if the pay is sssoo bad (when it's actually not)? Because they "love" to do it? Bullshit. They know it's a cushy job that lets them work literally half the time most normal adults do and they usually don't care about the low-pay since they only went to college to marry the rich guy they found in their senior year. The teacher's salary is just extra purse money for her

>>90182793

Yeah my suggestion is privatizing and making teachers actually compete for the student's parents money. Something that benefits everyone overall but it's going to be fought harder than anything because we don't, for some reason same economic forces being applied to all the other amazing products we enjoy being applied to educating our children or ourselves apparently.
>>
>>90183259
>Maybe being a teacher pays like shit because... uuhh...she's producing a shit product?

Way to prove to know virtually nothing about the american education system in a single sentence. Do us all a favor and stop posting before you say something even dumber.
>>
>>90183259

> (when it's actually not)
Hahaha...

> it's a cushy job that lets them work literally half the time most normal adults do

>He thinks teachers only work the hours classes are meeting.

Okay, now we know you're fucking with us. Well done.
>>
>>90183304

Oh no. She has to grade papers while sitting on a chair watching television in her own fucking house. Woe is her.
>>
>>90183479
Just because that's how they taught in your special needs classes doesn't mean that's how it is around the board, anon.
>>
>>90179730
>>90179991
Oh look more foreigners who are barely capable of speech.

USA #1
>>
File: consider.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>90182316
Actual teacher here, go fuck yourself. I'm tired of people always blaming me without having a slightest clue of what I have to put up with.

I am not allowed to teach my students what they need to learn because of our new, great standards that got shoved down everybody's throat a few years back.

Here are some examples:

I teach 2nd grade. I am only allowed 15 minutes of social studies A DAY. No American history for my young minds, that doesn't bode well for the new norm!

About 75% of my students are still reading at a 1st grade or Kindergarden level because last year their teachers were not allowed to teach them phonics! They were forced to focus on reading comprehension! ( even though you can't fucking comprehend what you're reading if you don't know what sounds the letters make!)

Extreme behavior problems in class and in our school cannot be suspended unless our area superintendent approves and signs off on the referral, the best we can do is send them to in school suspension where they sit with our deans and do nothing. There are students at our school who have hit teachers and shown up the very next day in class because of this.

This is just a fraction of the bullshit I have to put up with on a daily basis. Are there shitty teachers out there? Yes. Are Teachers Unions bullshit? YES. But to dump all of the failures of the education system on every single one of us is pants-on-head retarded.

Why not shift that same criticism towards our Department of Education? Jimmy Carter created it back in 1979 and for the past 30+ years or so it is sunk about 20 billion dollars annually into " programs" and " shifts in educational practice" and has produced fuck all for it.

I have to go to work, thank you for posting because I really needed to vent.
>>
>>90182316
Education right now it's the most expensive it has ever been and yet little to no improvement has been shown over the years
It's time to admit the problem won't be fixed by throwing money at it
>>
>>90182547
>Child labor factory
Except it completely fails to prepare children for any kind of job
>>
>>90182483

> You try dedicating all your time and energy to something that hardly pays the bills
Like police officers right? It's OK when they fuck up and kill someone because their job sucks
>>
>>90184099
I heard a good solution to this
You let parents chose where they want kids to study and then you reward the school based on how many students they have
So then good schools get more students and grow while shitty schools get ghettified
>>
>>90184099
This sounds about right based on what teachers I know say.
>>
>>90180056
Actually thought this'd be the case, so I considered becoming a teacher at my old high school for shits and giggles. But they expect you to take all of these exams for an educator license, with the practice exams having questions you were never taught in university.
>>
>>90184099
>No American history for my young minds, that doesn't bode well for the new norm!
>American
What history?
>>
>>90182316
Subjectively you can blame the idiots who are directly responsible for their own actions. Objectively you should blame the management for even allowing these idiots in the first place in a role of power. I know exactly what the problem is and honestly we should murder and torture all of them on every single front. And I genuinely mean murder and torture because there is no excuse for acting so irresponsible with a role of power which affects others, you're more than scum, you're an active killer of civilization.
>>
>>90184303
One big problem with that "solution". Are you just going to let the poor kids suffer in shitty schools? That's not solving the problem, it's just spreading it around.
>>
>>90183720
Don't interact with them anon. They'll probably ask for money or Nato protection for free
>>
>>90184303
That's not a good solution, that's what fucked up the detroit school system.
>>
>>90184621
This might sound horribly negative, but... public schools with free entry should not exist. Only schools with entrance exams.
>>
>>90184632
...you would give kids entering elementary school entrance exams?
>>
>>90184684
Sadly yes, especially based on home education and their personality. Some kids just aren't qualified for entry school and will never be. Dragging them along just sabotages the rest of the educated children who want to learn and which cannot because of some disruptive low-end scum. Who has problems back home and keeps spilling them in class instead of back home while the principal and teachers continously refuse to kick him out or sanction him horribly through his abusive trash family.

School should be taken more seriously and to stop being taken for granted.
>>
>>90184474
>Poor
How does poor factor in on this?
Public education is free
>>
>>90184621
What fucked up Detroit's schoos was a board of education that stole the money and run
>>
>>90184770
I beat the shit out of some prep school Nerd a ways back in my youth. His fancy school never taught him how to fight. Checkmate
>>
>>90184880
I remember the great white flight too
>>
>>90184770
>only those I deem worthy deserve an education
DeVos please go.
>>
>>90184894
I bet he is still thinking about it to this day instead of moving on with his life and chosing not to be a pathetic lower right?
>>
>>90182316
Another teacher here, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>90184913
Do you listen to this American Life?
I remember the podcast were they claimed that what black students need is white students keeping them on check in an Orwellian attempt of using the good students to try to average the bad ones at the cost of their own education
It was also racist as fuck
>>
>>90184770
We need to give 6-year-olds entrance exams to go to a public school? They're 6.

And acting like an elementary school kid will be awful based on their family history? Sounds pretty Moviebob there.
>>
>>90182793
>MUH UNIONS
Yeah man us teachers are so ultra powerful! We are just greedy is all!
>>
>>90184946
To be fair family life is pretty much the biggest factor on how a little kid will act in school
I advocate for Intellectual segregation tho, let the good kids go to the good schools
>>
>>90184345
And do you think any of those questions had anything to do with being a good teacher? Welcome to bureaucracy. They spent 3 decades lowering teacher's salaries and shifting all the funding into charter schools that just take the money and run and inner city schools who don't know how to spend it. So inevitably the parents and teachers complain about the quality of teachers going down, so what is the bureaucratic solution? The same as it always is: more tests. Tests invented by Education Majors appointed by 80 IQ Governors because they are their sister's husband's cousin. So you got a job that pays terribly, requires going through bureaucratic loopholes to get through, and is publicly maligned and you're surprised that the only people who go into it are insane and incapable of functioning in the real world?
>>
>>90184946
MORE TESTING. MOOOOOOORE.
>>
>>90184953
If Union's are so small and insignificant then do away with them
>>
>>90184987
I think you need way more tests
Psychological ones

Plus we all know why you get into education wink wink child rape
>>
>>90184976
So the uneducated and poor get dumber and poorer? You am smart good.
>>
>>90184976
It doesn't occur to you at all that there are many intelligent kids from poor family backgrounds, and all of these entrance exams can fuck over many of these said kids? No Child Left Behind made shit worse, dude.
>>
>>90185007
Nah, that's why you join the seminary
>>
>>90184991
I teach in nc and we dont have a union which is why teacher pay and working conditions in nc are nearly the worst and counties can treat us like total shit with no real consequences.
>>
>>90185007
I know you are joking but standardized testing makes my job so much harder.
>>
>>90185010
>Poor
There is that word again
Kids who want to do well do well, kids don't get taught hard stuff
>Uneducated
They are uneducated out of choice
Listen most schools classes have smart kids and dumb kids who don't care, the dumb kids who don't care don't change and the smart kids don't become dumb we are just pairing them up with other kids like them
If anything having your kid in dumb school would be a wake up call for lazy parents to do better
Also the good schools can grow, there is no reason for the good schools not to eventually grow enough to render the other schools pointless
>>
>>90185030
>Poor
Public school is free
>>
File: 1487634360815.jpg (142KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
1487634360815.jpg
142KB, 1024x765px
>tfw you want to make a comic about the education system and child psychology but don't have a lot of time to do it in between other art projects

I always appreciate threads like these on any board just because of the wealth of perspective, from people telling stories about their school days to teachers inside the system explaining the problems.

Are there any good resources about this stuff or is it too taboo for people to have books about how fucked the education system is or how kids really operate in that system?
>>
>>90185076
It's not about how easy your job is shithead
I would be perfectly OK with your life being horrible if it meant a couple more thousand kids have a future
>>
>>90185116
Watch Season 4 of The Wire. It's all about how talented and intelligent kids are gutted by standardized testing.
>>
>>90185106
You must be uneducated if you dont realize that home life and access to resources is a major factor in attitudes towards education in students.
>>
>>90185110
You must be fucking retarded.
>>
>>90185116
I went to an expensive private school, one of the best around and I can tell you my experience was pretty great
I was a little spoiled brat and I didn't try my best but there were no fighting between kids and when it was it was incredibly mild and for the most part students were students and teachers were teachers and everything worked perfectly fine

And you know why it was so great? No poor kids
And you know what? That's a lie, 20% of students couldn't afford to pay for it and had 60% of the cost subsidized and poor kids studied hard and got along great with everyone else, some of my best friends were poor

So I know it isn't a money thing, kids who want to learn should have the chance to
>>
File: 1471473097800.jpg (32KB, 288x339px) Image search: [Google]
1471473097800.jpg
32KB, 288x339px
>tfw you were the quiet kid that just wanted to learn shit cause it was interesting and you could doodle on paper while doing it, but the entire rest of the class was so disruptive the teachers just gave up and would just tell completely unrelated personal stories, to the point where you just learned how to draw in school, but never learned chemistry
>>
>>90185149
>>90185180
There
Hell most of the time poor kids tried the hardest
>>
>>90185125
So how does excessive testing make me a better teacher or educate kids better?
>>
>>90185197
Yeah man that anecdotal evidence sure blew me the fuck out.
>>
>>90185230
It doesn't
When did I mention that?
If anything it's a tool to find out how bad you are at your job
>>
>>90185125
Raising children is the responsibility of all citizens, not "government-designated children-raisers." Stop shifting the blame, you measly little bureaucratic worm and take some responsibility.
>>
>>90184373
WE
>>
>>90185239
Because it was a gigantic school built on an old clock factory with tons of students and 20% being poor makes it a really big sample study
If a school were 1 in 5 kids is poor can be great then there is no reason to assume it's poverty dragging kids back
>>
Fuck public school.

I even had a good time at mine, but they're a waste of everyone's time and money. I learned to read when I was 3. My grandma taught me algebra when I was 5. I learned social skills from my friends and family.

Literally the only things they taught K-12 that had any impact on my life I knew before I went to kindergarten. The only skill I develop at school was how to shade in circles better than other kids.

Private schools, home schooling, or apprenticeship. Anything else is indoctrination regardless of individual teacher's intentions or efforts.
>>
>>90185247
But they spend 8 hours a day with you you moron
Most kids see their teachers more than they see one of their parents
>>
>>90185244
Ah, I see, you are shitposting. Bravo
>>
File: 14c.jpg (27KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
14c.jpg
27KB, 600x733px
>>90185279
>Most kids see their teachers more than they see one of their parents
>>
>>90185318
I got butthurt over a teacher complaining that her job is too hard
Come on
I mean fuck you
If your job was hard those kids would be acing those tests
>>
>>90185333
For elementary school kids whose parents go to work all the time, definitely. That's why you get the occasional kid who accidentally calls their 1st grade teacher "mommy".
>>
>>90185333
Because parents unlike you have to work in their jobs
>>
>>90184099

thanks ma'am
>>
>>90185247
All the government tells me to say is science vocabulary. Thats the thing about excessive testing, it doesnt matter how well a student understands, say, planetary motion. If he doesnt remember what a perihelion is then thats all testing shows. Biology in particular is very heavy on pushing to teach constant fucking vocab words. All so kids can do well on a test.

I worked in a very poor, 95% black community. No matter how good my students were or how good their critical thinking skills were, they were poor test takers and when they inevitability performed poorly on a test I still get in trouble. Doesnt matter their actual knowledge or application on concepts.
>>
>>90185030

if they're intelligent, how did they fail an exam?
>>
>>90185367
This is why I made my own damn worksheets and assignments.
>>
>>90185367
What the fuck am I looking at here?
>>
>>90185419
Worksheet itself may have been focused on practicing estimation.
>>
>>90185373
If what you said was true then the world would reflect it by being filled with people that are too smart for their living situations and not the other way around
>>
>>90185277
Homeschool kids who get taught by their moms in their spare time do way better than kids taught by professionals in a schooling environment
Public schools are cancer and they are cancer breeding grounds because it spreads to the kids
Honestly how can you defend the system by this point?
>>
>>90184916
Probably is. Good thing I moved on and up with Charisma alone since they dont teach that in books. Sadly im only making 18 an hour though
>>
>>90185731
Homeschooled kids are also social retards with many interpersonal problems.
>>
File: (1)1487855284889.jpg (45KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
(1)1487855284889.jpg
45KB, 449x600px
>>90179730
Reminder that it's teachers the ones disrupting the system and getting in the way of education and making kids unable to function
>>
>>90185764
And they do better than kids getting educated by you
I hope kids can use those social skills to make people supersize their fries later on in life
>>
>>90185762
Don't worry, at least you have the memory of the one time you beat someone better than you even tho it was using violence
I guess in a world without police you would thrive
>>
>>90179730
how the hell did he get hired?

FIFY
>>
File: 1486746794524.jpg (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486746794524.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>90182483
>$50-$55k/year
>three months of vacation every summer
>shit
>>
>>90185842
Oh here we go, the old " teachers get the summer off so it's an easy job" dodge.

Listen dumbass, I do 12 months of work in 10, that's why I get summer off.

And you don't get paid that kind of money unless you've been in the system for 10+ years, so fuck off with your ignorant self.
>>
>>90185771
Yes good, continue blaming teachers! The US is only doing bad because of them, not the severe anti teacher bias, poor pay, terrible cultural views of education, constant stress, and extreme focus on standardized testing! Its those dirty lazy teachers!
>>
>>90185884
I kind of want to be a teacher because I don't know what else to do in life, but there's a lot of shit keeping me from genuinely striving for that as a job.
>>
>>90185842
Summer is the single worst part of teaching because you don't get fucking paid. Go fuck yourself.

Also teachers here in NC earn 30k starting.
>>
>>90180780
cyber 8 is my religion
>>
File: 1487141975974.gif (3MB, 414x382px) Image search: [Google]
1487141975974.gif
3MB, 414x382px
>>90185884
>starting off $35k/year
>"boo hoo I have to grade papers in between vomiting up Common Core and getting every holiday off"
>>
>>90185938
If you honestly think my job only entails grading papers, then I invite you to become a substitute teacher and start working at Title 1 schools. You would quit after a week.
>>
>>90185938
Now its clear you're shitposting.
>>
>>90185964
TeachAnon, what made you want to become a teacher?
>>
>>90186011
Not that guy but I went for Marine Biology. I worked in a benthic ecology lab for two years and only had fun on days we did educational shit. I currently work informal ed after doing formal for a few years and getting jaded.
>>
>>90185764
A home schooled kid from my neighborhood growing up just became the youngest Member of Provincial Parliament in Canadian History.

Most people that are home schooled are aware that their kids will have more difficulty socially, that why the majority of them make efforts to socialize their kids with their neighbors, other homeschooling groups or if they're religiously inclined with church youth groups.
>>
>>90185125
You can make a job as hard as you want but that doesn't make it effective
Plowing snow by shovel is harder than using a truck, but what's more effective?
>>
>>90185908
You are a big part of the problem for sure
If I could I would fire and replace every single one of you
>>
>>90184099
For a teacher you sure have poor grammar.
>>
HAWKING, I'VE CHECKED THE MATH.
TWO PLUS TWO ISN'T FIVE, IT'S SIX. SIX!
>>
>>90186124
Lots of home schooled kids I knew were fucking weird
They're cute girls but make a /r9k/ poster look normal
>>
>>90185474
Even if that's the case, that question is awful for testing it.
What you should do instead is swamp the student with like a hundred easy problems with a strict time limit, and instructions that the answers don't have to be exactly right as long as they're close enough. The ones that get it will ace the test. The ones that don't will run out of time. The ones that can't do basic math under stress will fail dismally.
The worksheet pictured can only be the result of either wilful malice or bureaucracy
>>
>>90185908
>Bloooo bloooo it's not my fault kids are doing bad, it's people trying to find out how bad I teach those kids that are at fault
>>
>>90186182
For a shit-poster you really suck at shit-posting.
>>
>>90185771
A well-designed system would have better teachers.
Like, that's part of education. Training good educators and ensuring that they're doing their jobs. If your education system can't do that, you might as well rely on children independently studying in their free time.
>>
File: GLA_MBF.png (811KB, 857x563px) Image search: [Google]
GLA_MBF.png
811KB, 857x563px
>>90185771

>Three cogs aligned with each other

This set would jam almost instantly.
>>
>>90185884
>I do 12 month of work in 10
So does everyone else and they do it for real

You are nothing but a glorified nanny
>>
>>90186226
The USAs anti teacher and blame the teacher first mentality is a huge reason education is so bad here.
>>
Can i get paid for shitposting?
>>
>>90186288
Shitposting is something you do when you aren't getting paid
>>
>>90179991
>public school

please, look at that fucking chirho

it's clearly a faith school
>>
File: 1463431429514.jpg (47KB, 322x471px) Image search: [Google]
1463431429514.jpg
47KB, 322x471px
>>90179730

>Discussion about Denzel Crocker

>Quickly devolves into two-way shit flinging between armchair educators

Guise, even /pol/ has a better grasp on following the topic at hand.
>>
>>90186276
Problem is people get mad when their big Macs come out wrong but don't care when it's the same quality of people teaching their children
>>
>>90186229
Again if you think teaching is like being a babysitter then I invite you to sub at an inner city school. You also wouldn't last a week.
>>
>>90186388
It's babysitting groups of 20 kids
It's harder than babysitting one kid but for the kid it makes fuck all difference
Your job could be done better by a cheap laptop
>>
>>90184099
>a teacher
>who teaches youth
>who posts on /co/
>probably has a husbando/waifu
>>
>>90186439
I'm sure surface knowledge of it is pretty fascinating Peggy hill
>>
>>90186451
And what's your great contribution to society, /co/mrade?
>>
>>90186440
>Your job could be done better by a cheap laptop
Source?

This is vital stuff, it sounds like you've come up with a hyper efficient methodology of teaching that is not only SUPERIOR to the human model but cheaper to boot.

Anon please share the proof you have assembled that demonstrates why a cheap laptop is a better educator for young humans than an older human.

I can't wait to share this with the entire field of education!
>>
>>90186512
>everywhere I go I must also redpill
>>
File: Self-educated.png (71KB, 1133x843px) Image search: [Google]
Self-educated.png
71KB, 1133x843px
Did one of Hugh Neutron's redpill just vanish?

Or was it deleted?
>>
>>90186481
>Source
Is this what you teach kids?
Never think for yourself or come to your own conclusions, your knowledge and input means nothing if you aren't directly quoting a famous person?

I guess that's proof enough
>A kid can't get a laptop attitude because the laptop is a machine and thus the laptop can't care
>Laptop can teach the curriculum without making a single mistake
>It's knowledge comes from thousands of thinkers from all across time and not a single shitty book
>It can form a deeper connection to the student than you ever could

Learning is something clearly intended to be done alone or in really small groups
>>
File: IMG_0244.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0244.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>>90186451
Teachers are 4channers too

And I have a very old waifu, but she's my waifu
>>
>>90186512
That's why I chose private schools
It would be pretty fucking hard to find a public school that manages to teach even the surface knowledge
They can't fulfill the bare minimum
>>
>>90183479
If you're the sort of kid who stays after school, you'll realize that most of the teachers show up at least a hour before classes start and leave anywhere from three to five hours after classes end. And since a lot of that stuff is teacher meetings and meeting with students and other administrative bullcrap, a lot of the stuff they actually do for class ends up getting done at home.

That's generally more than the average 8 hour a week work schedule, and while they get summer vacation, they also have to spend their summers getting their curriculum together.

But sure, keep throwing them under the bus because your teachers were shit.
>>
>>90186599
Actually I couldn't find teachers because they often fucked off from school before the day was even finished and even when I did find them they had a strict rule of not answering kids questions in the last hour before leaving
>>
>>90186440
You have no idea what you are talking about and I know you are just shit posting but I will continue to give you my challenge of substituting at a title 1 or inner city school since you think it's so easy.
>>
>>90186572
Well you made a bunch of assumptions, that's not good at all.

I think it's important to teach kids to back up what they're saying, that doesn't need to be something somebody else did or said. You just need to be able to prove what you say. If your point is accurate then surely you have some method of pointing this out; your information has a source.

And yes, laptops are great educational tools. That said, you don't just throw a laptop at a kid and say go nuts. Something you just expressed was concern over was the amount of critical thinking kids are encouraged to do right? A teacher's job is to make sure a kid can not only research information, validate it's truth and form their own conclusions on it.

You're basically saying that teachers are out of date because books exist.

I apologize for snapping at you but that was some silly and inflammatory stuff anon!
>>
>>90186572
Evidence, you ignorant fuckwit. Knowledge doesn't come from a vacuum. You either need to spend the time to get enough data to prove your hypothesis or find someone who did do the work to base your opinions off of, and I sincerely doubt you spent a few months giving laptops to out-of-school children and testing their knowledge with standardized tests

And good teachers don't just fill heads with knowledge. The whole point of the education system is to teach you universal skills like drawing conclusions and making reasonable arguments that are as useful to a college grad as they are to the guy who got a job straight out of high school.
>>
>>90186680
Then I'm sorry you went to a shit school, mate.

My point still stands though. There are teachers who are willing to put in the work in order to the best with the policies and resources they're given, and we shouldn't throw them under the bus because some teachers just gave the fuck up.
>>
>>90186721
Why would I? My time has more value
I may teach eventually tho, when I'm too old and frail to do anything else, I would try teach kids that don't want to learn tho
>>
>>90186680
So because you had a bad experience at your school that means in your world every single teacher in the country is exactly like the ones you had?

with that kind of thought process maybe it wasn't the teachers that sucked at your school anon, maybe you were just a shit student.
>>
>>90186771
>Why would I?
Well it was a pretty blatant challenge to you to put your money where your mouth is. It's pretty obvious actually, you should reread those posts. He wanted to put you in a position where your worldviews would be forced to change by experiencing something new that would predicate a change in attitude.

You got played a little bit anon, your cop out won't convince anybody. Your lack of knowledge here was called into question.
>>
>>90186724
>assumptions
How are them assumptions?

You asked for source, that's an appeal to authority, you are implying that my word isn't enough because it isn't in a Wikipedia article

>You don't throw a laptop at a kid
Of course you don't, you develop a one size fits all educational software that doubles as a tool for keeping a record of everything the kid does and what works and what doesn't so you can keep improving the software until it's close enough to perfect
Think of this software as to having the potential of being the greatest educational tool ever

>A teacher's job is to make sure a kid can not only research information, validate it's truth and form their own conclusions on it.
There is no reason why the laptop couldn't do that, there are countless software's that analyze cheating and copying pallets

Books did make teachers useless the smart way TV took over movies, instead of teaching every single thing now teaching to read, understand and apply was enough
You should know this
>>
>>90186784
>My personal experience means more than yours
>>
>>90183720
I can't believe someone had to point it for me to get this.

I have brain problems.
>>
>>90186822
>A possition were your worldviews
What are my worldviews?
>>
>>90186897
>my experience as an actual teacher calls your opinions about my profession into question.

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>90182247
>>90182251
Well I left a teacher almost insane in middle school. we made him so mad one day that he quit halfway through lecture and left to mcdonalds. A few years later I saw him and apologized.
>>
>>90186943
You don't remember what you yourself said in this thread? Do I have to go as far as taking a screenshot or can you admit that you don't know what you're talking about and you need to properly research the profession of the teachers you are talking down to.
>>
File: 1438751986218.png (279KB, 548x549px) Image search: [Google]
1438751986218.png
279KB, 548x549px
>>90186878
No see what I appealed to was reality not authority. If you knew me better you'[d understand that I wouldn't do that but that's neither here nor there.

Here's what up though!

Your statement:
>Your job could be done better by a cheap laptop

Your proof:
>....

See? It's still blank. You need to show your math so to speak. I'm certain, 100% certain, that you have solved this education thing. All I need is to see where you add 2 and 2 anon. Why withhold that? You do have proof right?

>you develop a one size fits all educational software
>one size fits all educational software
Of course, why didn't I think of that? We just create a program that somehow imparts critical thinking and social development alongside basic information transmission that works equally well for all humans ever to come.

Not only is this possible, cost effective and easily done: it's downright intelligent to remove the human element from teaching that way kids come out with a maximum amount of social skills

We ought to just link them to 4chan and let them shitpost in their basements all day

>Books did make teachers useless the smart way TV took over movies, instead of teaching every single thing now teaching to read, understand and apply was enough
I am genuinely uncertain what you're suggesting here.

>>90186943
Hi, me again. Right over here: >>90186440
>>
>>90183259
private schools are actually better, my little sister went to one and they actually were interested in teaching there. it's not like public school at all.
>>
>>90186944
Your experience as a teacher is clearly lacking
>>
>>90184099
as a former student, I know what kind of stuff students would do to ruin a teacher's day. Hang in there and dont let it get to you.
>>
>>90187005
If I'm being judgeg based on my percieved worldviews it's only fair for me to demand you make them explicit
How am I supposed to defend myself against secret acussations?
>>
>>90187025
>Reality is only reality if it's featured on a shady article on a news/blogs website
Great, good to know

I do not have a laptop with teaching software, doesn't make any one of my claims any less valid, evidence isn't merely tangible. If I can't reason my way to a conclusion then what's the point of the science in general?
>>
>>90187025
>One size fits all
Read the rest of the post
You develop a one size fits all and then you record everything, you record how much did it take for the kid to read the contents, how well did he answer every question, what he could retain and what he failed to understand and use that data to better the software so it can appeal directly to most kids

That's something meat teachers can't do
>>
>>90186214
It's the parents fault anon
>>
>>90187064
And your experiences are the end all be all?
If we go back to your original post I believe you said that teaching is a cushy job. That isn't true at all and making a blanket statement like that lets me know that you have no idea what you are taking about.

Educate yourself since you won't listen to other people .
>>
File: Capture.png (502KB, 584x411px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
502KB, 584x411px
>>90187180
No look, you can use almost anything. You can find a study, one that is just like raw data and you can hand it to me. You can take whatever it is that is making you conclude that a laptop is better and just prove it. You've got to have something right? You stated all this as a fact. You didn't say, well maybe this would be better possibly. You said that this was the was the way to go. Why can't you demonstrate that?

>>90187221
Right see I got that actually and the idea of a glorified spreadsheet doesn't exactly sound new to me. Teachers have been incorporating computers into education for a while now, there are loads of software developed for this purpose. But none of them are even close to "one size fits all" and they NEVER will be, there are too many variables in human development for that. People learn differently.

Setting the logistics of that aside there's also the fact that no computer can teach critical thinking. It's just impossible. How can it evaluate the originality of an idea? How can it spur a young mind? How can it take something abstract and make it personal to a student?

Just as the slate, book and television never killed the teacher neither will computers. Ultimately human education belongs in human hands. We can use these tools fine, but never assume for an instant that teachers are just excess meat present in the room.

If you were really concerned about the quality of education children were receiving you'd be rallying against these ridiculous attitude of teaching being glorified baby sitting. That's a much greater obstacle in educating these kids properly than a lack of high end edutainment video games.
>>
>>90186878
>Books did make teachers useless the smart way TV took over movies
>the smart way
I can clearly see you're the expert authority on education here and we should all bow to your genius, thank you for telling us the solution to the world's woes is in a software that does not exist.
>>
>>90187668
I'm clearly phoneposting, if you are so smart come up with a better way to post and masturbate at the same time
>>90187348
You know there is such a thing as common sense
>Yes but if you could source
I don't need source to reason something
>BuzzFeed, CNN, anything. I would even take a Facebook post
You shouldn't be teaching anyone anon
>>
>>90187820
Well actually i never told you to those for sources, I asked for any source and you haven't stopped backpedaling yet.

All I'm asking anon is for you to justify your beliefs by pointing out the information that got to there. You're being asked for a citation don't be alarmed. I also wouldn't accept buzz feed or cnn unless they had some kind of qualified source I could point to. Both of those groups are actually notorious for their lack of care and journalistic standards.

This went beyond reason the instant you asserted your ideas as fact rather than a cute pet theory.

I don't even really want journalism here, a scientific study would do just fine. But you're not giving me anything here.

What is the single best piece if evidence you have and can you please in some way cite it?
>>
>>90187969
>Asking for a qualified opinion
>While being barely qualified to teach
You are not the arbiter of truth, the entirely of the post is of my authory only
Here is your source, I'm sorry I don't have a fancy title, I'm sure you would be open to listen to me if I was a professional bullshiter like you
>>90186572
>>
>>90187969
Maybe you could actually grow the courage to try and challenge my reasoning instead of hiding behind the same appeal of authority claiming I need a scientific study to say that 2+2 = 4
Who am I kidding conformity brought you here, we wouldn't be having this conversation if American education relied on capable people
>>
>>90188087
I was open to hear you out this whole time through buddy. I was caustic because it's funny and this is 4chan. You just got really upset over nothing.

I kinda picked apart those statements earlier on anyway so let's not dredge up the painfull past.

So youre cool with admitting that you have no actual proof of your idea being superior and it's just sort of a thought you had, right? That's totally okay, you're not an educator

If my boots fucked up I trust to the expertise of a boot maker, etc. Sure I might have high minded takes on boot making or what have you but my cursory knowledge isn't going to compete very well with this guy's practical knowledge.

Incidentally this is also another hole in your idea of automated education, a hands on experience is invaluable for learning.
>>
>>90188213
I just hate dishonest people, it's one of my things
>A computer can give the curriculum without a single mistake
Pick this appears
>A computer can teach from countless sources
Pick this appears
>A computer could expand the information well beyond what you could and effectively teach forever
Pick this appears
>A kid can't argue with a computer
Pick this appears
>A computer could adapt the lesson to every student personal needs
Pick this appart
>>
>>90188167
You've painted an odd picture of me anon hahahaha, my friends would laugh. I'm an open minded guy honestly. I like evidence though, I like it a lot.

Can you at least point to other people, people with some kind of understanding of psychology or education or biology or anything lmao, who share your thoughts or find then credible?

Can you throw me a single bone?
>>
>>90188213
Lest propose an hibrid then
Fire 70% of teachers and replace them with laptops
Let the other 30% of teacher account for the technologies shortcomings
>>
>>90188292
>people with some kind of understanding of psychology or education or biology
I have an understanding of all of this
>CNA you throw me a bone
You are the first human being completely unable to reason, I'm both afraid of what you teach children and afraid of what would happen to you should the internet disappear
>>
All I know is that art in public school is fucked.

I should've taken my high school art teacher up on her offer to allow me to help teach her grade 9 class or a remedial art during lunch.
>>
>>90188283
What do you mean a computer won't make mistakes with the curriculum? Is it divinin rhe curriculum or does some board of educators? Is it decided on a federal or local level? What mistakes do you think bio teachers are making that a machine wouldnt? Are computer programs really immune to disruptions like bugs?

A human can also teach from countless sources. This isn't a difficult task, it's really just an ideological Turing test.

Your right kids can't argue with a computer and that is disgusting. Arguments help us learn and kids need debate skills or they'll be taken in by any old charlatan.

How would a computer be anymore attentive and caring than a human? And what about students whose needs include human presence? Many learn better through conversation, through supervised application, some have learning disorders and some can have a bad home life. Will your program also teach kids how to handle with drunk father and uncaring mother? Will it motivate children?

Are we clear anon? I didn't even feel the need to bring up things like art, music or physical education but I can if you want me to really turn this into Swiss cheese.
>>
>>90188341
That's ridiculous. We are already incorporating technology in the classroom, but teachers are no more replaceable by a computer than a chef by the microwave and frozen dinner. You are offering NO advantages whatsoever. On essence your "hybrid" system is just a proposal to cut jobs, spend money on apple gadgets and continue to complain when your child is only capable of rote memorization.

Think this stuff through
>>
File: 054.png (441KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
054.png
441KB, 600x600px
>>90182316
>>90184099
>>90184927
My mom is a teacher and I think at least a quarter of our shitty education system comes from lack of parent involvement. People thing its the teachers job to raise their kids for them and that teachers are the only people who need to be teaching in their kids lives.

You know that saying "It takes a village to raise a child"? Well we have one adult trying to raise a villages worth of children in terms of classes. We need more parents taking an active interest in their schools and their child's education. Except for the shitty enabler parents, they can fuck off.

Also this will be unpopular because I know 4chan thinks racism was magically poofed away after the emancipation proclamation but race issues and racism is still a huge issue in our schools.
My mom pretty much has 90% of the black students in her school because the two other teachers in her grade level are known to treat minority students far more harshly and dismissively than white students (can't do anything about it because tenure). So my mom takes them all so they can have a fighting chance. Hell this is in california, I can only imagine how shit it is for minority students in other states.
>>
>>90188460
>What do you mean a computer won't make mistakes with the curriculum
human error, you can confuse names, dates, you can read a question or an answer wrong

>A human can also teach from countless sources
a teacher can teach from many sources but cant instantly research a new one when needed

>Arguments help us learn and kids need debate skills
they can debate each other and reach their own conclussions
but that was an example, a kid can bullshit an answer or copy homework from someone else, the cmputer can directly keep track of a students work

>How would a computer be anymore attentive and caring than a human
kids learn in different ways and in different speeds, some kids can benefit from reading a book and taking notes, other kids could learn better from short twenty minute to the point lectures prerecorded by different proffessionals in entretainment and education
hell you could really go crazy with technology. You could implement videogames and other kind of interactive software, you could come up with rewards too, real incentive
a computer would keep track of millions students at once, you cant

>Will your program also teach kids how to handle with drunk father and uncaring mother?
would a teacher? when was the last time you did?

>I didn't even feel the need to bring up things like art, music or physical education
all of them could be learned right now in youtube videos

but sure, there is a human element that computers cant replicate for now so keep 30% of teachers as computer assistants
>>
>>90188574
teachers are holding education back
>>
Well, this thread took a turn.
>>
>>90188845
hey neither trump nor hillary got mentioned
we are moving on
>>
>>90188743
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyNkKxR7xeM

Listen to this man, he is so redpilled that he turned communism into capitalism.
>>
>>90188895
why not go as far as letting kids choose what they want to learn and from wich perspective?
>>
>>90188449
Look, art in public school is fucked for one simple reason. We don't demand dedicated art teachers. My K-8 school had a music teacher, a gym teacher, but no art teacher. Art was meant to be taught by the homeroom teacher. And since you can't realistically demand every homeroom teacher in the district be an accomplished artist, art from K-8 is just 8 years of identical material manipulation, crafts, shallow theory lessons about the colour wheel, and marks given out based on effort, repeated ad nauseum.
>>
>>90188727
Exactly how often do you think this human error goes unaccounted for? And how much of it do you think is really going on?

I mean I can actually just use rhe laptop that wants my job to Google any new information I'd need. It's slower but guess what? I'd actually understand the information. I do more than display it, I communicate it.

Whose going moderate these discussions, the computer? Excellent. I suppose it can also add to the conversation like another person could? That's great.

You know how I can keep track of a million students (if we're pretending that's at all a smart idea and it's not)? I can use a computer. Because it's a tool. The hammer did not replace the carpenter. Who is designing all these crazy things? Teachers? You've just taken us out of the classroom and into a discussion room to tell you what works and what doesn't. Cute as educational video games are you typically get infinitely less from them than you do an engaging conversation?

I haven't had to but I guess the last time it happened for me was when I was in school and a certain teacher helped me through bullying and health problems. And yes, some would. Some being so much more than the none of a computer.

They would only be watching videos of people teaching them things. Ie, a teacher. Good job, you've invented the previous recorded lesson. Excellent idea, if only those teachers could be meeting this kids face to face and interacting with them instead. Darn. Techs not there yet I guess.

You are a crazy person lmao
>>
>>90185884
>>90185927
Can I murder all of you so called american "teachers"?
Unless you're even a real teacher and not another 16 yr old something shitposting and pretending he understand how jobs work because he worked at McDonalds 3 months before he got kicked out for being lazy and stupid. Then everyone in the thread finds out he was actually a neet sock puppeting and pretending he has experience in the field.

Here in bum fuck Bulgaria teachers get paid 3k-6k a year. So they don't have money to spend all their free time on fancy vacations, they spend it at home.
They get paid like 50 cents per bachelor degree test correction.
And through the summer they get called back whenever a problem arises, unlike your american crap.
If you also get assigned as coordinator of a classroom then that class is your responsibility and everything the students have done is your problem now.
>>
>>90188931
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q-3ui7QaGc

Anon for president of education.
>>
Mr. D was a good fucking show.
>that episode where he's trying to make an anti bullying film so he goes around inciting bullying to film
>>
>>90185927
>>90185964
>>90185983
Kindly get the fuck off because you're clearly an idiot who's just pretending to be a teacher.

You do get paid 3x times at the start of June for the 3 months you're not working. You fucking idiot. I'd call you scum, but I'm on 4chan. the place where people pretend they're a minority so they can bitch for the sake of bitching. Like Tumblr does it.
>>
>>90188945
>Exactly how often do you think this human error goes unaccounted for? And how much of it do you think is really going on?
based only in the fact that humans are humans and i kow humans damn well
plenty

>I mean I can actually just use rhe laptop that wants my job to Google any new information I'd need. It's slower but guess what? I'd actually understand the information. I do more than display it, I communicate it

undestand is a strech, how much do you really understand? if i asked you to research a completely new thing right now how much would it take you to understand it?
can you teach history, math, biology, coding, literature, philosophy, music, journalism and french?
how much do you really understand and how much do you just analyze, like a computer would

>Whose going moderate these discussions, the computer?
nobody
why should speech be moderated?

>I can use a computer. Because it's a tool
and you are the middleman

>The hammer did not replace the carpenter
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_printing

>Who is designing all these crazy things?
people who know a hell of a lot more than you or me but thats a font, the code gets tweaked around the data coming straight from the students
so the students do, they are treated like costumers and cattered to

>a teacher once helped me through serious stuff
teachers were never intended to replace family, that kind of thing should be solved by the kids family, im retty sure its unhetical if not ilegal for a teacher to do much more than to call the police

>They would only be watching videos of people teaching them things
picture this
you are watching a video series on how to use photoshop
suddenly the video pauses and you are asked a question about what you have been watching or asked to replicate something
either you achieve it or you dont
if you dont you are asked for input into why were you unable to do it propperly, maybe you missed something or maybe it wasnt clear enough or maybe the videos are too long
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.