[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish we got to see more of other's Marvel Pantheons instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

I wish we got to see more of other's Marvel Pantheons instead of always focusing on the Norse and sometimes the Greeks.
>>
We got Roman on Christmas and it was glorious
>>
>>90165797
It would be cool if the Council of Godheads showed up in the MCU like they did in Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
>>90165797
Because it uncomfortably suggests the nonexistence of the Abrahamic God
>>
>>90166509
I hghly doubt that's the reason, especially since the Abrahamic God is in fact real in the MU.
>>
File: Hummingbird_Aracely_Marvel.png (309KB, 346x511px) Image search: [Google]
Hummingbird_Aracely_Marvel.png
309KB, 346x511px
>>90165797

Aztec gods!

That's one of the reasons I loved Scarlet Spider: the potential to explore that crazy, creepy, endlessly changing bizarre pantheon.
>>
>>90166461
I'd be happy if Thor 4 was about Thor teaming up with Herc somehow. Maybe they fight the Godbutcher or something.
>>
>>90168952
>implying Hemsworth is sticking around after Phase 3 ends
Besides, even if we did get MCU Herc and they portrayed him like he was in Pak/Van Lente's run, /co/ would instantly start hating him because he'd be adored by the general public due to MUH QUIPS and MUH QUIRKY PERSONALITY.
>>
>>90165797

>Shinto Pantheon
>Native american legends, especially from the Zuni Pueblo
>Mayan deities
>Aztec gods
>Chernobog/Belobog and everyone else
>The sumerian/Babylonian pantheon
>Chinese ancestor worship legends

I'd be down for it.
>>
>NOT!Christianity with a sick angelic legion
>>
Norse and Greek shit is easy to do because it's accepted as mythology rather than religion and has been for a long ass time, with the only people still treating it as a faith being fringe groups

Abrahamic and Eastern religions are still practiced and taken very seriously by many, so it's a bit harder to use them regularly in funny underwear books
>>
>>90171281
But Christianity is used often, especially in Ghost Rider.
Wasn't there an arc about an evil Archangel somehow overthrowing God? Did any fundies complain when that happened?
>>
>>90171390
Eh, Ghost Rider is a bit of a niche character....that stuff is used SOMETIMES in Marvel, but I think OP point is that he wished it was used as frequently/as center stage as Norse and Greek stuff

Like I doubt we'll ever see Jesus show up as a hero like we do Thor, for example, also in terms of Ghost Rider nobody cares now but I know people did complain about the character in general back in the day for being occult themed and demonic
>>
>>90165797
Futurics Roman/Greek gods would have been better than Norse

It has more substance than Norse
And at least Hercules has a connection to humans being a halfu
>>
>>90171443
DC had a Judas ongoing for a while during the new 52. Normies don't care unless you make a big deal about it.
>>
File: Seth.jpg (48KB, 442x434px) Image search: [Google]
Seth.jpg
48KB, 442x434px
>>90171176
Don't forget the Egyptian pantheon, these days all we get is Konshu in Moon Knight. I wish they brought back Seth, he was a cool villain.
>>
>>90166509

Who do you think is the redhead dead and center in that pic?
>>
>>90173511
Zeus
>>
>>90173511
OP said MORE of the others, not that they didn't exist or ever make appearances ever....but they are in no way as relevant or prevalent as dudes like Thor or Hercules
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.