[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Vs The Forces of Evil Has gone down drasticly in season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: art.png (612KB, 651x755px) Image search: [Google]
art.png
612KB, 651x755px
Star Vs The Forces of Evil Has gone down drasticly in season 2. It's unfunny, poorly written, has almost no character development and the amount of filler episodes is unbelievable. Anyone Agree with me on this?
The only good episodes for me are:
Ludo vs. The Wild
Bon Bon the Birthday Clown
Running with Scissors
>>
I think it's gotten better.
>>
>>90165394
It's a fun teen to kids show
it's not that deep :^)
Just enjoy things :^)
>>
It's gotten way better.

People seem to forget how atrociously animated S1 was after the first couple of episodes.
>>
>>90165394
Literally the exact opposite of the truth.

Season 1 is pure garbage save for one or two episodes. The humor in particular is shockingly bad.

There are stinkers in S2, but overall the quality of the show has skyrocketed.
>>
I think the show got better overall in season 2.
Season 1 was awfully mediocare only 2 or 3 episodes were great like Blood moon and Storm the castle.
>>
File: 1487209902756.jpg (37KB, 473x472px) Image search: [Google]
1487209902756.jpg
37KB, 473x472px
>>90165394
>unfunny
Okay. Comedy isn't everything, so what's your point.
>poorly written
How? The plot and story have been pretty straightforward with a little ups and downs between episodes.
>no character development
So Ludo, Glossaryck, both Star and Marco, Jackie, Tom, Toffee, etc. have absolutely no development? You must be joking, right?
>Filler episodes are unavailable
Hey, I don't like filler either, but even the best shows have bad episodes. You just have to deal with that. The filler in the show isn't even that bad, it's just uninteresting.
>>
>>90165394
I think it's gotten better, but the episodes since Toffee and Gloserick chatted have been meh. One was just an excuse to put Marco in a dress again, and the other was muh opossum.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XpNFWAaHLRA

HACK FRAUD
PLAGIARIST
>>
>>90165394
Okay forwardslash backwards gus forwardslash
>>
>>90165633
This.

Season 1 was pretty terrible outside of the finale, whereas season 2 has had quite a few good episodes.

In fact probably the only eps this season I didn't like were homeless star, heinous, and the karate episode
>>
It got better. Season 1 is just random nonsense that leads nowhere, and not particularly funny.

Season 2's only major problem is it goes back to season 1 logic sometimes, where actions don't have any lasting impact and people are whacky for the hell of it.
>>
>Marco gets trapped in another world for 16 years
>he's a man in his early 30s when Star shows up
>he doesn't forget any of his memories from this time
>Macro just acts like 15 year old Marco again in all future episodes after this point

For what purpose
>>
>>90165394
>It's unfunny, poorly written, has almost no character development and the amount of filler episodes is unbelievable.
All untrue statements
>>
>>90165394
Some of the best episodes happened in season 2. but also some of the absolute, uncontestable worst.
>>
>>90166165
>Comedy isn't everything, so what's your point.
Spoken like a true shipperfag. It is a comedy show, friend.
>>
Bait thread.
>>
>>90167410
Teenage hormones fucking with his brain? That and the show doesn't want to call attention to the fact that they basically have a 30 year old man kissing a girl in jr high?
>>
>>90168715
I think they just wanted the gag of him being grizzled so badly that they're treating it as a gag scene that never (seriously) happened.
>>
>>90168715
Someone mentioned that he only "vaguely remembers" it like it was a dream.
>>
>>90165595
The animation's definitely improved since then; Sugarcube and Rough Draft Korea have done a much better job compared to whatever the hell Toon City was trying to do. That studio's work was always inconsistent in quality, and I don't understand how Nefcy could even deal with Disney being cheap like that and cutting off Mercury Filmworks from their production.
>>
>>90168615
I agree. It's this shit that encourages the mods to target this specific show.

no one gives a fuck about your opinion. NO ONE. but if you feel you must. Scream it in the thread with everyone else.
>>
>>90168936
I'm thinking maybe Disney renewed it for a second (and later a third) season so quickly because they fucking knew that was a cheap move even for them. It was really last-minute too because I remember seeing interviews a month or two before the first episode premiered where she talked about how happy she was with Mercury's animation.

I think in general though Nefcy seems to keep whatever grievances she has with Disney etc. off the internet.
>>
>>90165394
Meh, the whole show is kind of garbage.
Just another randumb lol xd show, really.
Of the 40 or so episodes, maybe only 5 are worth watching.
>>
>>90170286
It's a children's cartoon, it is great at what it is. It's not fair to call it garbage
>>
>>90165394
>Star Vs The Forces of Evil Has gone down drasticly in season 2
>Implying it wasn't bad from the beginning
>Implying the only worthwhile things about the series are the ships and Toffee.
>>
>answering baits
>>
>>90172233
That must be the dumbest excuse anyone could ever make, really.
My point will still stand. It could be an okay show, or even a good one, if 80% of their episodes weren't filler trash, and the whole of its comic relief wasn't made of 'oh oops, X fell into a hole! lol! xd!' or 'lol she just hit marco without seeing it! SO FUNNY'
I mean, it's fine to have these kind of jokes from time to time, but this is worse than spongebob.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.