[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinity War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

File: Infinity_Stones_GOTG.png (329KB, 390x417px) Image search: [Google]
Infinity_Stones_GOTG.png
329KB, 390x417px
Current states of the Infinity Stones

>Time Gem

Is currently with the new Sorcerer Supreme, arguably the strongest sorcerer on earth, will probably be one of the last to be taken

>Mind Gem

is currently with Vision, may also result in his death

>Reality gem

Is probably the strongest gem, and is one of if not the first gems that Thanos will come for, as it is conveniently placed by Loki (as Odin) to Tivan's headquarters which as we have seen, is quite easy to get in

>Space Gem

Maybe one of the last gems in Thanos' priority as it involves troop deployments, Space gem may also be a trojan horse, allowing Thanos to teleport to its location and burn Asgard from within

>Power Gem

Is within the Nova Corp's vault, is probably also one of the last as it would require total war

>Soul gem

A lot of theories, Hammer, Heimdall, Hela and Hopkins to name a few but is confirmed to be involved in Thor Ragnarok as a possible plot device

>Why its not with Heimdall

Because it would cheapen Vision's death as both is particularly very similar if it were to happen

>Why its not with Mjolnir

Same reason as about, it would lessen the impact for the Eye of Agamotto when Thanos finally takes it from Strange

So its either with Hela (who is the goddess of death and makes the most sense) or its with Odin and is used to power the Asgardians up into gods using the Odin Force
>>
Any reason why they changed the colors?

wasn't the power supposed to be yellow? the mind red? Soul green and time orange?
>>
>>90158813
Confuse everyone for some fuck all reason.
>>
>>90158836
yeah its such a stupid reason, unless they want to fit a certain gem's color into something
>>
File: NE75LrFkRQsiaf_1_b.jpg (53KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
NE75LrFkRQsiaf_1_b.jpg
53KB, 600x315px
Gives Hela more reason to have the gem, why the fuck would she attack Asgard without it?
>>
>>90158540
Steven isn't Sorcerer Supreme yet, he's just Master of the New York sanctum. He's savanted himself a few tricks above his paygrade but Wong still knows more magic and more about magic than he does
>>
Anybody else get the impression that Marvel Studios was backpedaling when they retroactively made the Tesseract and Loki's staff into the Space and Mind Stones.

>Oh yeah guys, there was secretly stones in both of these things the whole time. Even though the mind stone is yellow and Loki's staff emits blue energy, and was said in "Avengers" to be powered by the Tesseract.

Seemed a little contrived to me when I first saw Age of Ultron.
>>
>>90159373
Tesseract, not so much, it stood to reason that the Tesseract housed an infinity stone as it was said to be of Yggdrasil/Asgard, it actually made kind of sense, Thor and Odin knowing what it was capable of and decided to take matters in their hands, also an infinity stone being the reason why the Avengers were formed in the first place is... okay.

Mind gem however was a complete asspull, but for what its worth it actually made Thanos closer to his comic counter part in which theyre both incompetent fucks, why the fuck would you give Loki 2 fucking infinity stones in one go if you plan on collecting all of them you fucking retard, jesus fucking christ.

Also the mind stone not working on Tony did not make sense at all.

Not only that but I feel like Vision is very out of place, like hes not really needed in the story nor does he add anything to it other than being Thanos' bitch when he comes to get his stone
>>
File: Aether2.png (489KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Aether2.png
489KB, 800x800px
>Be malekith with the reality gem
>reality gem being the strongest out of all gems
>got btfo by Thor's mom
>got defeated by Jane with her convenient teleporting thingies
>Jane singlehandedly saves the 9 realms and the MCU
>>
>>90159472
And another thing, I'll buy that the Aether, some weird floating liquid substance can condense itself into an actual stone. That's fine, whatever.

But if they're supposed to be STONES, how do they actually fit into the gauntlet? The rough, jagged rocks in >>90158540
don't look at all like the stones in pic related. Seems like fitting a round ball into a square hole.
>>
>>90159472
tbf even in the comics the Reality Gem is nigh-impossible to use without the backing of the others
>>
>>90159431
>Also the mind stone not working on Tony did not make sense at all.
Because the Arc Reactor uses the same energy as the Tesseract, as it was based on it. So it disrupted the Mind Stone from physically contacting Stark's body.
>>
>>90158540
who the fuck cares
>>
>>90159540
nigga reality gem makes that shit possible
>>
>>90159540
>But if they're supposed to be STONES, how do they actually fit into the gauntlet?
Simple, the Gauntlet itself in the MCU would be the artefact to TAME the stones.

In the comics the stones were relatively harmless to those who don't know what they are. But in the MCU they are far more dangerous and unpredictable artefacts. The MCU Gauntlet would likely be the only way to truly control all the stones, without the stones destroying the owner.
>>
>>90159540
In the comics he used the powers of the gems themselves to attach them. Seems pretty small-scale compared to other shit he pulls with them.
>>
>>90159605
This.

It has been established in the MCU that even a Celestial was not enough to contain one infinity to by himself that it weakened him that caused him to hide the power stone in the water planet.

So it makes sense that Thanos as an individual cannot harness a gem's power, let alone all 6 of him by himself, so that one pasta about the Gauntlet being the one keeping the stones together and being Thanos' weakness kind of make sense if this is the case
>>
>>90159620
But the question is: what role will the other gauntlet play?
>>
>>90159614
I'm assuming you're talking about the one we see in the background of 'Thor' in Odin's treasure vault. I figured we can write that off as just a continuity error they made before they knew they were gonna adapt Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet and all that. An in-universe explanation can just be that that one was a replica, a fake.
>>
>>90159655
its what makes Thanos unstoppable, and its the one Rogers will have to destroy to win
>>
File: 1486781294207.jpg (10KB, 486x302px) Image search: [Google]
1486781294207.jpg
10KB, 486x302px
>Thor becomes cynical since Ragnarok and has become unworthy of Mjolnir
>Thor decides to use an axe instead and calls Mjolnir 'a useless relic'
>Thor leaves Mjolnir in asgard where he was last able to wear it
>Thor has a sudden change in personality in which he blames himself for everything and wants to take matters in his own hands to stop Thanos
>infinity war pt. 2 climax ends with a group effort of all involved individuals ending with Drax ripping Thanos' heart out and Bucky dying
>everyone thinks its all over, finally an ending to capeshit
>Thanos' heart starts beating again on Drax's palm implying that the infinity gems renders Thanos immortal
'Interesting.. Fools taking up arms against omnipotence. rushing head-on into Armageddon. So I shall provide you with a most glorious doomsday! The heavens will run red with blood. But in the end, as always, Thanos will stand triumphant.. Prepare yourselves. For now, I summon...the end.' Thanos says as he dispatches everyone involved
>Thanos leaves Thor heavily incapacitated
"They have, finally and for all time, shown the galaxy that they are a swarm of irresponsible, unevolved organisms, that must be put down before they destroy us all... all these actors in this grand drama, and I, Thanos, appear to be the only participant with a full grasp on the situation"
>Thanos laughs as he turns his back from the chaos and shifts his gaze into the cosmos
>The Mad Titans steadily becomes angry and starts cursing at the heavens
"I am finished with you, lady! I have given everything for you-- even been dead, under your sole command! I have been MAD!
>out of the rubble, a single Avenger struggles to stand up
>>
File: thanos.jpg (626KB, 842x1254px) Image search: [Google]
thanos.jpg
626KB, 842x1254px
"Beautiful isnt it... Rogers?" Thanos has his back to the avenger,looking up the stars
>Rogers struggles to stand up using his shield and slowly makes his way to the Mad Titan and inevitable doom
"Your fate will lay heavily on my heart, Avenger, though by all rights it shouldn't. I did not force you to fight me. I gave you the chance to surrender the Gems. You forced me into doing what I did. I had to be faithful to my nature. For, after all, I am Thanos.
>Roger stands face-to-face against the Usurper
"As long as one man stands against you, Thanos, you will never be able to claim victory"
>Thanos becomes even more pissed
"Noble sentiments from one who is about to die"
>Thanos prepares his attack on Rogers
"Ive lived my life by those sentiments..."
>Rogers dodges Thanos' attack
"And theyre well worth dying for"
>Rogers manages to land a single punch on the Titan
>Thanos grows angrier
>Thanos uses the time gem to revert Roger's back to his former self, an attempt to humiliate him in front of his fallen comrades
"Then die you shall!"
>Thanos slaps Rogers around
"Just like your race, small, stubborn, and stupid"
>Thanos prepares to end this one sided battle with a single blow
>Rogers barely manages to block it with his shield which then shatters
>Thanos lands a devestating blow unto Roger's chest
>Rogers smiles
'I can do this all day' as life exits his eyes
>>
>cut to Steve Rogers in his old soldier uniform entering a bar
>Steve is greeted by his old comrades and the howling commandos
>Steve sees a young Howard Stark and Bucky by the bar next to a woman in a red dress with her back facing Steve
Saturday 1943, The Stork Club
"Peggy?" - Steve utters as the woman in red turns around
"Youre late" an amused Peggy mutters
"I know" leaves his lips as tears starts to fall
>Steve and Peggy starts to dance with 40s song playing in the background
"I thought you didnt know how to dance?" Peggy asks
"I had a lot of time"
>Peggy rests her head on Steve's chest
"I was worried... that you'd never make it"
"I have missed you Steve" - Peggy starts to tear up
>tears starts racing on Steve's face
>They dance as people around them start to disappear, from the howling commandos, to Howard Stark, to the bar tender and finally the bar patrons around them
>Just Steve and Peggy dancing in a dark bar with a single spot light
"I have to go, Peg" Steve worriedly says
"They need me"
"I know" Peggy nods
>Peggy then disappeared leaving Steve and Bucky alone in the spotlight
>>
File: fear-itself-7-018.jpg (217KB, 512x792px) Image search: [Google]
fear-itself-7-018.jpg
217KB, 512x792px
>confused Steve asks Bucky
"What is this place?"
"The end of the line"
"What about the others?"
"You can still save them, -or you could stay, either way, I'm with you, Pal"
>Steve is approached by a woman in black with a veil on her head who reaches her hand to Steve
>Steve reaches for the hand
>Thanos goes on with his rampage and prepares to end life on earth
>sudden realization hits Thor
>Thors reaches out his hand, calling Mjolnir one last time
>Thanos laughs
"Odinson, gaze upon what you failed to protect"
>we see Mjolnir vibrate then fly from Asgard to earth
>cut to Steve Roger's corpse springing back to life
>Thanos looks back and prepares to put down the first avenger once and for all
>Thor stops Mjolnir at Steve's feet, realizing his vital role in this war
>Thanos charges in
>Steve reaches for the Mjolnir just as Thanos is about to annihilate him
>huge explosion with lightning and shit
>chainmail armor starts to envelop Rogers and is reverted back to his stronger self
>Rogers gains the power of Thor and smacks Thanos around
>Fog of war clears
>Steve Roger is unconscious and sees that Thanos body is being embraced by the woman in black
>Steve managed to shatter the infinity gauntlet, the same thing keeping Thanos alive
>>
>>90159727
>>90159747
>>90159782
This is so painful to read, and yet I can't look away.
>>
>>90158836
To throw autist off their trail and it worked
>>
>>90159782
Isn't Mjolnir supposed to be destroyed? why did they did a chekov with Steve?
>>
>>90159958
we dontk now that at all
>>
File: slep tite sturkr.png (86KB, 169x200px) Image search: [Google]
slep tite sturkr.png
86KB, 169x200px
>>90159794
I can never read past the first few lines without getting bored and moving on
>>
The aether was unimpressive af
>>
>>90159727
>>90159747
>>90159766
>>90159782
>yfw Cap gets BTFO in the comic
>>
>>90162008
>The aether was unimpressive af
The comics state that the Power Gem was needed to fuel the other gems and allow them to reach their full potential. So if you want to re-write reality completely, the aether alone isn't enough.
>>
>>90159540
>But if they're supposed to be STONES

theyre not
>>
>>90162698
For some reason the MCU made them into stones instead of gems. Even though in GOTG they're depicted as stones >>90158540 , yet here they're depicted as gems >>90159540
>>
File: Captain Marvel.jpg (1MB, 1093x1672px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Marvel.jpg
1MB, 1093x1672px
>use Captain Marvel movie to set her up as the strongest fighter in the franchise
>Thanos slaps her silly right after
Problematic much?
>>
>>90164589
anon

gems are stones
>>
File: Scarlet-Witch.jpg (88KB, 1258x680px) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet-Witch.jpg
88KB, 1258x680px
>NO MORE INFINITY STONES!
>>
>>90167849
who else fucking thinks that Scarlet will lose her powers after IW?
>>
>>90169372
There's an awesome new post about MCU Wanda on Scarletwitching. Well worth reading.

I think her telekinesis and such are the result of mental augmentation, and her actual powers are under that.
>>
>>90158540
>will probably be one of the last to be taken
lel
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.