[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 28

File: Thanos2-GOTG.png (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos2-GOTG.png
2MB, 1920x800px
Will he live up to the hype? How would you handle his powers yet make him still beatable ?
>>
At this point it's probably impossible for him to live up to the hype.
>>
Yes.

There's one reason he'll easily be the most memorable villain in the MCU: Every other antagonist besides Loki is the blandest motherfucker alive.

Going by what Kevin Feige said, Thanos is the "main character" of Infinity War, meaning he'll probably get a proper personality and backstory with conflicts and motivations for his character directly lifted from the comics (self-defeatism, muh lady death) that will be enough to easily outshine Loki's daddy issues and every other MCU forgettable villain.

This was Marvel Studios plan since the beginning, it was a gamble to make your antagonists for 15 movies in a row as forgettable as possible, but so has been everything MCU.
>>
>>90147668
I feel like they are behind schedule. I mean, who knows what shortcuts and edits they plan on making to the story of the Infinity Gauntlet but Adam Warlock is still in a cocoon and Thanos is in possession of zero infinity gems.
>>
He won't be defeated by punching. Loki will try to betray him at the climax, he'll ascend to godhood but oops I dropped the gauntlet!, then Nebula will grab it and reset things which includes bringing Thanos back down to Earth, but Nebula won't be able to control the power like Thanos, so the heroes will be able to wrest it from her with the help of Thanos. But before he can get it back Vision as the only other being capable of wielding all 6 gems will grab it and erase Thanos from existence/imprison him/whatever.
>>
He's not supposed to be beatable.
>>
>>90148405
I feel like they wont outright kill him, better to keep him around incase their future endeavors don't prove to be as marketable (like Dormammu). Though I wonder how many of the gems will survive the infinity war.
>>
>>90148405
I hope he kills Loki
>>
>>90148541
What happened to the gems of infinity? Were they really destroyed? Discover this and more in:

ILLUMINATI

a Marvel Studios production. Coming to you in summer 2021.
>>
>>90148541
I think it could go either way. IMO Farmer Thanos is too good of an ending to waste, but I'm worried it might leave general audiences scratching their heads. Especially since we haven't gotten to know Thanos through ears of stories by Starlin.

I can see Marvel deciding it's more satisfying to kill him. Depends on how one dimensionally evil he is I guess.
>>
>>90147356
Thanos has to defeat himself.

It is the way the character works. Period.
>>
>>90148715
The could easily go with farmer and keep him low profile and then release a Thanos centric movie based on Samaritan leading directly to Annihilation an subsequently Imperative.
>>
File: CPQucddW8AAIxu.jpg (66KB, 600x282px) Image search: [Google]
CPQucddW8AAIxu.jpg
66KB, 600x282px
>>90148715
What I hope for is they'll make it looked like Thanos was destroyed, but then you see Farmer Thanos in a post credits scene.
>>
>>90148793
It's funny we make fun of OOPS I DROPPED THE CUBE when it's completely in character and the only logical way for Thanos to be defeated.
>>
>>90148405
>gauntlet falls
>there is a scramble for it
>no one is strong enough to handle it's power
>one more person grabs on
>they get a little bit of control
>"distract him, we need more people!"
>legions of soldiers try to stop each new hero from helping
>one by one they get there and help
>the gauntlet starts to defeat the soldiers
>Thanos grabs a hero by the neck
>just before they pass out, a smirk
>Thanos is hit hard
>HORRAYYYY TEAM WORK
>They go to destroy the gauntlet
>but should we?!?
>for the greater good we must
>cut to Thanos still alive
Credits
>>
>>90148828
> but then you see Farmer Thanos in a post credits scene
>talking with Adam Warlock
>>
>>90148793
You think Marvel will go through with Thanos literally becoming Eternity?

Honestly without Adam Warlock making an appearance real soon I feel like we're going to miss out on the entire second phase of the battle for the gauntlet
>>
>>90148891
I don't want to be mean but I seriously hope you never get to write anything in your life.
>>
>>90148828
Damn, that might actually work.

>yfw "Thanos will return."
>GOTGv3 is Thanos Imperative
>>
>>90148965
>implying this isn't every shitty comic book movie
>derp
>>
>>90148206
I hope villains following Infinity War are better handled. I'd like for phase 4 to be more standalone movie fares rather than build up another antagonist for the next dozen movies.
>>
>>90149105
Sorry to hurt your feelings, but that greentext was absolute trash.
>>
>>90147356
Make him the main protagonist for starters
>>
>>90149121
Agreed

I don't think they should try to repeat another Thanos situation
>>
>>90148965
WOOOSSHHHHHHH
>>
File: 1477255673794.jpg (35KB, 437x395px) Image search: [Google]
1477255673794.jpg
35KB, 437x395px
>>90149033
>GOTGv3 is Thanos Imperative
>mfw they finally bring in Dick Rider just to kill him off in the very same movie
>>
>>90147356
Really the only way is to have him kill off a good number of characters, but I doubt they will have Thanos go full Mad Titan. I'm betting he'll be a Mild Titan
>>
>>90149169
What if it's the setup for Rich instead and Drax and Quill are the only ones to bite it? Would that be robbing Rich of one of his best moments?
>>
>>90148918
>>90148828
>>90149033
That'd be the mid credits scene.

>Post credits scene
>after Thanos "destruction" a rift in the sky is seen
>suddenly a spaceship(?) crashes down into the former battlefield
>while it slowly opens the heroes surround it
>we see the blurry figure of a man from behind
>Pym: RICHARDS!
>>
>>90149254
He can always take out Annihilus' guts once Fox works a deal with Marvel.
>>
>>90149303
If that at least happened, I'd be cool with him doing the Thanos Imperative sacrifice in the movie following it.

And then coming back with sick cancerverse powers like in the new Nova ongoing.
>>
>>90149373
>spoiler
I also really like what they did with his return. Too bad sales are tanking hard.
>>
>>90149401
They've kept the Sam books going with lower sales than the current amount.
>>
>>90149487
That's because Sam is a pet character, so they let him stay despite being sales cancer.
>>
File: Nova_2016_003010.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Nova_2016_003010.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>90149527
Well, Sam is still supposed to be the main character here, even if Dick is stealing the show.
>>
>>90149599
I wish they'd give Richard his own solo. Sam could appear here and there if they want to continue their dynamic.

I can only hope for MMM/Generations to deliver.
>>
>>90148521
stupidest fucking thing in the comics, and beyond stupid if they do it in the movie
>>
>>90147356
>yet make him still beatable
He isnt.
He beats himself.
>>
>>90149777
How would you like him to be defeated, trips-anon?
>>
>>90149796
yeah that's a thrilling end to a movie they want a billion dollars in return on.
>>
>>90149837
dunno, but it should be something clever the heroes come up with so they aren't just bystanders in the end
>>
>>90149840
Why not? People loved to "think" about the cool villains in TDK and TDKR.
>>
File: Mordecai.jpg (13KB, 188x211px) Image search: [Google]
Mordecai.jpg
13KB, 188x211px
>>90149874
>dunno, but it should be something clever the heroes come up with
>>
>>90149840
Fuck off, its the manner in which he plays himself thats compelling.
>>
>>90149777
Something tells me you missed the point of that exchange.

That said, its true that the Earth heroes are an afterthought in the comic and since Warlock isn't around anyway I'm sure it will receive a retooling.
>>
>>90149956
it was never compelling. it was a cop out. these were the same writers that had the gods throwing planet-sized fireballs at him
>>
>>90149736
I think the two of them work very well as a pair.
Besides, outside of the first issue, the focus has been on Dick so far.
>>
>>90150036
Starlin doesn't tend to resolve things by physical conflict. The prior issues of Earth's Mightiest getting their butts handed to them should have clued you in on that.
>>
File: 1447643248916.gif (2MB, 451x284px) Image search: [Google]
1447643248916.gif
2MB, 451x284px
Dude, the directors have already foreshadowed what they're doing: They literally said "Thanos is so powerful he can change all of reality with the snap of his fingers." They're going to do the snap, mark my words. Probably use Doctor Strange's time bullshit to undo it, but I can assure you they'll do the snap.
>>
File: 4187259-starlord.jpg (75KB, 618x459px) Image search: [Google]
4187259-starlord.jpg
75KB, 618x459px
DANCE OFF, THANOS YOU AND-
>>
He won't live up to the hype.

We have gone since 2012 hyping him as the big baddie, and it's been happening everywhere. From the comics, cartoons and video games, it's always building up how big and powerful Thanos is. The problem is, they're overblowing how big of a threat he is while at the same time having the Avengers never facing adequate stepping stones to face him.
For example, every assemblage of Avengers has them just punch/smash their villains to victory. The Chitari, Ultron, even in their own films, they never fought a villain who that they couldn't punch to win. Now with Thanos, he's going to have universal power. Try to smash him? Oh, he's already reading their minds. Get a good blow on him? He'll go back in time. Hell, he could turn them all into hot dogs if he wanted to.
And the Avengers lineup? Thor, Hulk, Dr. Strange, Vision and Scarlet Witch are the only ones who might be able to be on his level. Iron Man, Cap and Ant-Man are low tier in terms of damaging him, and oh lord, what are Falcon, Black Widow, Hawkeye and the rest gonna do?
And that's the big problem with this setup. We know the buildup with each stone, but we really haven't seen Thanos in any sort of action to gauge how powerful he'll be. He'll very likely be nerfed to the point that we can see a fight play out. Then again, it's not like the powerlevels in films ever match comic/cartoon source materials.
>>
>>90150167
How will they use the time bullshit to undo it when the eye is a stone in the gauntlet? Nebula uses the gauntlet to reverse it in the comics anyway.
>>
>>90150167
>Probably use Doctor Strange's time bullshit to undo it,
...you do realize, in order for Thanos to do the snap, he would need the stone that gives Dr. Strange the time ability, yes?
>>
>>90150253
It will have to be more than that, there's no way it can't be. I'm not even speaking from hype but from what's shown in the other movies. The power stone alone makes you unbeatable.
>>
>>90150272
>*Ant-Man picks up Dr. Strange's Time Stone from the Gauntlet*
>"I believe this is yours Dr. Strange"
>>
>>90150337
Ant-Man is such a cinnamon roll.
>>
>>90150314
>>90150253
S N A P
N
A
P
>>
>>90148541
I don't think the gems should survive Infinity Wars. If they were still in the MCU, they would always be that Deus Ex to get the heroes out of a pickle. There would always be future stories about how villains try to get the gems again. I think the way to defeat Thanos is to make the gems overpower and destroy themselves. Have something happen where a gem contradicts another gem, causing a cascading effect where the gauntlet goes off like a nuke.

But don't let the gems survive past the film. The MCU badly needs to move past Infinity Wars being the most defining storyline. Also, we don't need Dr. Strange to keep abusing the Time Gem to fix all problems.
>>
>>90150337
This. There's no way they don't pull some shit with Ant-Man. I'd put money on him dying, he has all the traits of a side character who can easily be killed off. He's a lazy, shiftless asshole, so the audience will gobble up his once sacrificial act of heroism if it leads to his death.

>>90150260
So then Nebula undoes the snap. Regardless, we might get treated to some really hilarious BTFOing. My point is that there's no way they can avoid letting down the hype train if they DON'T do the snap, so they'll do it then handwave their way out of it. (Sort of like happened, in the comics, actually.)
>>
>>90150412
>Also, we don't need Dr. Strange to keep abusing the Time Gem to fix all problems.
It worked for Goku and every body and their mothers still love Dragon Ball.
>>
>>90150421
>(Sort of like happened, in the comics, actually.)
Literally what happened in the comics. Everything Thanos did was un-did by the end of the book, the majority of heroes also got their memories erased.
>>
>>90150314
>>90150384
The snap will happen, but then Thanos would fight the Avengers + GOTG in a big brawl not utilizing the extent of his gauntlet. Thus leading to Cinema Sins and every smartass nitpicker online ask "Why didn't Thanos do ________" like how people complain why they didn't use the Eagles in Lord of the Rings. In fact, I bet you when these films come out, they're going to make an "Eagles in LOTR" sort of comment over and over again.
>>
>>90150253
Thanos has already been referenced as the most powerful being in the universe. By a guy working Ronan, who's already nastier than any villain the Avengers have encountered thus far. And that's without any stones.

How on earth do you add the combined power of all six stones on top of that but nerf him to the point where he can be bested through physical conflict?
>>
>>90150421
>This. There's no way they don't pull some shit with Ant-Man. I'd put money on him dying, he has all the traits of a side character who can easily be killed off. He's a lazy, shiftless asshole, so the audience will gobble up his once sacrificial act of heroism if it leads to his death.

I would not be surprised if Ant-Man shrinks into the gauntlet and grows large to get it off his hand.
>>
>>90150421
>He's a lazy, shiftless asshole, so the audience will gobble up his once sacrificial act of heroism if it leads to his death.

He's one of the nicest characters in the MCU, what are you talking about? Even his criminal career is a Robin Hood scenario.
>>
>>90150489
Easy. You then tell the smarks "it's an adaptaion, check the source material and if you still have a problem complain to Jim Starlin".

Alternatively you can stop being an insecure faggot and don't worry about what some attention whores in the internet will think of the ending.
>>
>>90150451
People love Dragonball Z because it had enough humor and charm to bring people in, while an over the top fighting style that no other show was able to match at the time. Everyone agrees that the Dragonballs wishing everyone back to life was cheap, and doing that after Marvel has been so scared to kill off any characters would make people mad. This is the film to wrap up story arcs and several character deaths.
>>
File: deaths_head.jpg (83KB, 1280x866px) Image search: [Google]
deaths_head.jpg
83KB, 1280x866px
>>90150272
>>
>>90150507
I didn't say have him bested in physical combat, but you need Thanos and the Avengers to fight or else nobody would be satisfied in the film. Which begs the question, would Thanos be a pussy and not kill any Avengers when he fights them? He should cream them. Easily.

Again, this is probably the biggest problem with doing a character this powerful. There is nothing else in the MCU that reaches this heights. Hell, even Dormammu didn't get to unleash his might.
>>
>>90150664
DEATH'S HEAD FOR GOTG2!

DO IT, GUNN! DO IT!
>>
>>90150599
>because it had enough humor and charm to bring people i
Just like the MCU.

>while an over the top formula that no other comic book movie was able to match at the time
Just like the MCU.

>Everyone agrees that the Dragonballs wishing everyone back to life was cheap, and doing that after Marvel has been so scared to kill off any characters would make people mad.
Mandarin made people mad. It also made Marvel 1+ billion bucks, and that same people went onto watch Age of Ultron, which also made them mad and another billion.

>This is the film to wrap up story arcs and several character deaths.
Wrapping things up doesn't necessarily mean killing off your characters. They can always "retire" them and have them available for future projects.
>>
>>90150597
>Alternatively you can stop being an insecure faggot and don't worry about what some attention whores in the internet will think of the ending.
You say that, but we're going to have so many threads about that shit when the films happen. From /tv/ and elsewhere. Or 4chan will likely close by then...
>>
>>90150718
The thing is, the MCU ages in real time. That's a big thing it has over DBZ. I think a film that's been hyped for almost a decade and not delivering on consequences would make a lot of people disappointed.
>>
>>90150748
The MCU is popular, shitposting will always be there no matter what.

If you are worried you won't be able to discuss the movie, then don't. Marvel movies are screened outside the US first, so just join the early threads. They are always comfy because burgers are too scared to get spoiled so you get minimal shitposting.
>>
>>90150412
Theoretically, if Vision retains his consciousness inside the stone, that could enable Wanda to pump the gauntlet full of Chaos (like she did to Starro in JLA vs Avengers), causing the stones to malfunction and/or shatter.
>>
>>90150488
That won't fly with audiences.
>>
>>90150783
And that's where you're wrong. You assume people "want" something else from comic book movies besides cool action, super powers and the heroes beating the bad guy, well, they don't. They might be 'cool' but the stigma that superheroes are for kids and therefore not supposed to be treated seriously still exists.
>>
>>90150865
I still like my working theory that when Vision loses the gem, he wakes up again and everyone is happy, but then when alone, he talks in James Spader's voice. Thus future films with Ultron Vision.
>>
4 movies in between now and Infinity War
>GotG V2
>Spider-Man: Homecoming
>Thor: Ragnarok
>Black Panther

In these 4 movies Thanos needs to not only find the soul stone (assuming he doesn't already have it) but also acquire the rest of the infinity gems. Which means
>Stealing the space stone from Asgard (Probably happens in Thor: Ragnarok)
>Stealing the mind stone from Vision's head
>Stealing the reality stone from The Collector (Possibly happens in GotG:V2)
>Stealing the power stone from Nova Corps vault (Possibly happens in GotG:V2)
>Stealing the time stone from Doctor Strange in Kamar-Taj

Seems like a lot to do.
>>
>>90150693
Have you read the comic? There will be an all-out brawl and Thanos will kill most of the Avengers. By the end of the second it will be undone and the dead heroes will be returned to life.
>>
>>90150715
I'd cum all over the cinema if that glorious Freelance Peacekeeper graced GotG2 in some way, yes?
>>
>>90150932
Take Guardians 2 and Spider-Man out. They're stand alone stories.

Thanos is confirmed to appear in Ragnarok thus taking care of the Soul and Space Stone. Power and Reality will be part of Thanos quest in Infinity War, Time and Soul will be acquired after Dr. Strang botches his bargain with the big guy and loses the eye and Vision in the process.
>>
>>90150932
I don't think he'll have all the gems until the end of the first movie.
>>
>>90150928
This is feasible as I think maybe Stark, Pym, Wanda, and Strange rebuild him but he is White Vision; he has less emotions and has Ultron persona emerging.
>>
>>90151060
so is it going to be another desolation of smaug situation?
>>
>>90148828
>Thanos flies a helicopter that has his name on it

Kek, this is adorable.
>>
>>90150932
See, you're not thinking like a really smart villain.
>>Heroes split up to go after each stone.
>>Fight Thanos villains on the way.
>>Heroes get almost all the gems.
>>Attack the heroes with a betrayal Nebula and get all the gems at once.

Let your enemies do all the work for you.

>>90150947
That would not fly with a modern audience. Hyping up the Avengers to fight Thanos and then having all the heroes die for a good portion of the film? That would confuse so many people.
>>
>hype for MCU villains
Kek.
>>
>>90151101
Thanos getting all of the stones will be the cliffhanger at the end of Part I.

Think about it: what else could possibly be the cliffhanger? (there has to be one. Two parters don't work without it).
>>
>>90151101
I'm not sure how can you can compare 8 comics/2 movies to 1 book/3 movies
>>
>>90151015
See, I would be disappointed if Thanos gets the gems from Asgard. That would deprive the other Avengers from going there.
>>90151065
That would be cool. But I don't see Strange messing with robotics. You forgot Banner btw.
>>90151101
Would be awkward with Ant-Man and Wasp as well as Captain Marvel taking place in between. Do they just take place during IW?
>>
>>90151116
> Thanos rides in his copter.
> A small child looks up
"Gee, Mr. Thanos, your helicopter sure is cool! Can I ride in it?"
> Thanos glares down at the boy, scaring him, but then grins warmly.
"Of course you can, boy! Come onboard and ride in my Thanos copter, I will bathe the skyways in your childlike wander!"
>>
>>90150932
>>Stealing the space stone from Asgard (Probably happens in Thor: Ragnarok)
>>Stealing the mind stone from Vision's head
>>Stealing the reality stone from The Collector (Possibly happens in GotG:V2)
>>Stealing the power stone from Nova Corps vault (Possibly happens in GotG:V2)
>>Stealing the time stone from Doctor Strange in Kamar-Taj
that's what IW will be literally about, that's why they said that Thanos will be focal point of the first part
>>
>>90151238
Captain Marvel will likely play an extremely crucial part of IW. Not sure about AM&W though.
>>
>>90151141
Got a feeling this is what Thanos will do.

Make them run around and collect the stones for him.
>>
>>90151141
Seems like a natural thing to do with a two parter movie. By then audiences will know all about the stones, the gauntlet, hell, the dead can just be banished to the soul stone.
>>
>>90151179
My big concern there is that Part 2 would pull a Jabba the Hutt.

Every time there are two films where the first part hints at the major conflict, the second part has a delay of that final conflict with some side quest.
ROTJ had rescuing Han from Jabba
Pirates of the Carribean had getting Jack from Davy Jones' Locker
Matrix had Neo stuck in the subway

So, most likely, the Avengers would do some detour in the first part of Avengers 4 before they fight the all powerful Thanos, and seeing how the Russos and everyone claims that each film has its own conclusion and are stand alone, I'm wondering how it'll be handled.
>>
Please tell me Marvel will have the balls to permanently KILL some characters. Not just retire off into the sunset.

I want to see some bodies stay dead.
>>
>>90151244
>>Cue music of wonder as the kid looks around in amazement.
>>90151312
I also think that the Avengers and GOTG will break up into smaller teams to go after each gem in each place, only to run into Thanos' goons. I also can see Xandar being destroyed. Thanos getting the gem and just grinning at Nova Prime as he slams it to the ground.
>>90151326
I don't think the Captain Marvel film should tie in too much. If they did that, the film would never make it off the ground as its own franchise.
>>
File: You did not see that coming.jpg (67KB, 1026x530px) Image search: [Google]
You did not see that coming.jpg
67KB, 1026x530px
>>90151470
>>
>>90151514
Seriously how many hero individuals have died so far? Gotta be more than just him right?
>>
Is Nick Fury gonna be in this film? I feel like he's been phased out of the films.
>>
File: Thanos_vs_Avengers.jpg (51KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos_vs_Avengers.jpg
51KB, 400x300px
>>90147356

What has me excited about Infinity War is that in the comics whenever Thanos fights the Avengers he just kills all of them. Then at the last second he loses because of something silly. So far in the Avengers movies they've just fought endless waves of minions made of cardboard and then beaten the main dude by default. I want to see Thanos thoroughly wreck their shit. One battle where it's just the Avengers vs Thanos and he D E S T R O Y S them.
>>
>>90151572
I think Iron Man and Steve should die in this film. I would say Thor, but I feel like Thor has more potential for future films in his new direction. It's hard to point to other characters to die outside Vision, though.
>>
>>90151476
Something like this, a little:

Earth Team:
Rhodey, Clint, T'challa, Natasha, Sam, Fury, Carol

Infinity Team B:
Rocket, Wanda, Thor, Vision, Bucky, Mantis, Groot, Drax

Infinity Team A:
Strange, Stark, Cap, Quill, Gamora, Nebula, Hulk
>>
>>90150451
You realize every single time, except for the Cell Games, that they needed to use the dragon they were unable to in a conventional way? Pilaf has one in a lead box, so they need to go through the Baba Gauntlet to find out where it is. King Piccolo kills Shenron, so they need Kami to revive him. Roshi brings Goku back to life just fucking barely in time to stop Vegeta and Nappa. They need to bring the Z warriors back to life, but Piccolo and Kami die, so they need to go to Namek. While there they need to deal with an army of guys stronger than them AND Porunga only grants wishes in Namekian. Even during the Cell Games wishing people back to life didn't help when Cell would destroy the planet anyway. Then of course was the whole Buu fiasco. People always act like wishing people back to life was an easy out, but there was always an obstacle in the way.
>>
>>90151393
I've never noticed it before, but you're right about the "Side-Quest" thing.
>>
>>90151640
I don't know that they'll kill any of the important heroes. Toothless, I know, but a happy ending plus the prospect of doing Earth X or some facsimile in 20 years may be too tempting.
>>
>>90151470
They don't have enough interesting characters introduced to start killing them off for good.
>>
File: Terraxia.jpg (70KB, 442x350px) Image search: [Google]
Terraxia.jpg
70KB, 442x350px
>>90151697
I would not be surprised if Spider-Man is a stowaway on one of the spaceships.

Also, they would be absolute madmen if they pt in Female Thanos.
>>
>>90151514
> Thanos revives Pietro
> Chthon possesses Pietro

For some reason I find this sadistically, hilariously funny.
>>
>>90151628
Not gonna lie, I want Thanos to knock the Hulk the fuck out. The Hulk has it coming, and he needs to be humiliated in a fight.
>>
>>90151795
Or will Spidey witness the crowds disappearing as he did in the comics?
>>
>>90151809
>For some reason I find this sadistically, hilariously funny.

Bendis?
>>
>>90147356

annihilation wave when?
>>
>>90151881
When Marvel gets the Fantastic Four rights back.
>>
How do you effectively portray the Snap onscreen?
>>
>>90151916

when is that happening? because i can't go full hype on the cosmic marvel until f4 go full mcu
>>
>>90151393

3 and 4 may do this. Depending on how deep they go on the side quest. The Avengers are divided in 3. I expect something like abomination or hydra or some armored guy to be an opening fight with iron man, spider-man and vision. Perhaps strange shows up and begs them to get the avengers back together.
>>
>>90151929
The question is do they end with the snap or people witnessing it's effect?
>>
>>90150167
if it's not the final shot of the first part I'm going to flip a shit
>>
>>90151712
It's kind of the flaw of having the climax of the next film be teased right after the first part. Hell, even fucking God of War III does this. You're scaling Mt. Olympus, and then you go to Hades.
>>90151721
The heroes who contracts will run out will certainly die. If Cassie Lang is old enough to be Stature, I'd say Scott Lang too.
>>90151792
More like Marvel hasn't balanced the heroes they got well enough to make them leave a real impact if they die. Vision has a total of what? 15 minutes of screentime in the MCU?
>>90151809
>>Thanos revives Pietro
>>"I did not see that coming"
You know they'll do that.

But you know what I would flat out fucking love? Thanos creates Peggy Carter for Cap, and then she pulls out a gun and starts shooting at him cause Thanos was pulling strings to manipulate him.
>>90151872
You know they can't resist Spider-Man going "OH MAN! How do I explain this to Aunt May?!" in space.
>>
>>90151940
There's a difference between a cold opening and a 30 minute detour, which those listed moments are. Dealing with a beginning threat is just to get the action going before the main story.
>>90151937
Don't hold your breathe.
>>90152075
But anon, the final part will be the post credits scene!
>>
>>90151929
final shot is a slow zoom of Thanos fitting the gems into the gauntlet, and slowly raising his hand. Maybe he monologues a little

*SNAP*
SMASH CUT TO BLACK
ROLL CREDITS
>>
>>90152143
Infinity War Part 1 will be the first Marvel movie without a post-credits, credits are just flat black with no music
>>
>>90152092
"I'm going to fight Thanos in space AND THE PROM'S TOMORROW!"
>>
>>90152155
Time skip between films, during which galactic society has completely fallen apart due to half the population being written out of existence.
>>
File: mj66nk.jpg (123KB, 515x800px) Image search: [Google]
mj66nk.jpg
123KB, 515x800px
>>90152181
Listen, I know you got a good idea here, but let's not go TOO crazy. Besides, there are two films between that and Avengers 4.
...oh god...now I'm imagining the end of Ant-Man and Wasp and Cassie Lang disappearing...
>>
>>90151640

Dr.Strange, Black Panther, Spider-man, Starlord, Carol, Ant-Man and Wasp are all immune to death due to franchise potential. They have sequels to do after IW.

Tony, Steve, Banner, Thor, Loki, Hawkeye, BW, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Falcon, Rhodes, Bucky, Sharon Carter, All the other girl friends and rest of the GOTG are fair game.

I could see Vision surviving though. I think it could really interesting if Visions body is destroyed and he some how is stored in Tony's Armor or Rocket saves him somehow. That's a fun dynamic that I hope they explore in favor of just killing him. It could lend to vision getting a new body and being all white.
>>
so where the fuck do they go from here? when they have the final boss be thanos and he conceivably kills half the universe where the fuck does MCU go from that point?
>>
>>90152309
You forgot Nick Fury and Maria Hill. I also think BW is going to get her own film cause they'll cave in to demand.
>>
>>90151809
>Thanos works out illusions of people the heroes lost tragically (Peggy, Uncle Ben, Quickslav Anthony Stark), people they don't want to lose (Cassie, Hawkguy's family) or reminding them of painful memories (Natasha and Bucky confronted by all the people they killed, Ultron telling Vision he can't escape his destiny)
>when Drax is faced with his family he's not taking any shit from them, rips through them and charges against Thanos snapping everybody else in the process.
>>
>>90152309
>or Rocket saves him somehow

How will Wanda cope with the responsibility of raising his own future husband? Find out in AVENGERS 4 feat. BABY VISION!
>>
>>90147356
Thanos's basic powers have never been overwhelming. He's significantly stronger and better at wielding energy than Thor. However, put him against two or three Thor level opponents in a brawl and he's at a disadvantage. When he went up against the Annihilators, he teleported Gladiator away rather than fight him directly. And that was a Thanoswank story by Starlin!
>>
>>90152354

I honestly think the BW solo movie is a bluff and BW is the first to die in Avengers IW.
>>
>>90152331
Galactus for Earth heroes. Annihilation Wave for Cosmic.

A JLA crossover for when the bubble bursts
>>
File: thanos_001.jpg (647KB, 1280x1986px) Image search: [Google]
thanos_001.jpg
647KB, 1280x1986px
How I would outline this movie:

>Thanos childhood backstory
>Thanos is ostracized as a child and develops negative attitudes towards those that he lives around
>Leaves as an adult to find meaning to his existence
>In his travels, he obtains what becomes his throneship and witnesses the destruction of an alien planet with billions of lives populating it
>Witnesses Death present at the scene of the destruction
>Never sees her again after that but continues obsessing over her and figures that in order to meet her again, he must take the lives of many individuals at once
>Thanos becomes obsessed with Earth after seeing the countless lives lost during the other MCU movies
>Concludes that Earth is where he and Death will meet again
>He seeks out power in distant solar systems and encounters a dimensional fissure that leads to the dark dimension
>Fights off mindless ones using techniques that he learned in his travels
>Meets Dormammu who is ready to destroy Thanos
>Thanos uses his cunning to convince Dormammu to aid him in exchange for our universe once he has the power to become Death's equal
>Dormammu imparts part of himself into Thanos which subsequently kills Thanos
>Thanos is sucked back into our dimension, but is resurrected with his soul never being collected by Death due to Dormammu's influence
>Thanos realizes that Dormammu granted him immortality and curses this fact until he starts having flashes of the infinity gems and realizes that he is aware of all death in the universe
>Through solitary meditation, Thanos gains control of his cosmic awareness and sees that the infinity gems would give him the power of the creator itself
>Thanos makes obtaining them his goal
>Thanos realizes that he cannot wield the power of the gems without some sort of conduit and seeks the most advanced society of aliens in the galaxy: The Chitauri
>Uses his newfound power to bring the Chitauri to his side
>>
>>90152331
In a perfect world Dr Doom would be the next overarching big bad. But we cant have nice things
>>
>>90152440
And now Gladiator is jobbing to Whor. Still better than that time he was part of the human contingency during a House of M tie in.
>>
>>90152356
Suicide Squad did it!

But in all honesty, I really hope there's a great mindfuck moment when Thanos gets into their heads.
>>
>>90152440
>Thanoswank story by Starlin
is there any other kind
>>
>>90152491
>spoiler
Shiet, you're right, I just wanted a badass Drax/Thanos moment dammit.
>>
>>90152460
>countless lives lost during the other MCU movies
>74 causalities during avengers
weew lad hope he doesn't see the Man of Steel universe otherwise he'll orgasm instantly.
>>
File: marvelvsstarwars-625x414.png (43KB, 440x291px) Image search: [Google]
marvelvsstarwars-625x414.png
43KB, 440x291px
>>90152451
More like this crossover.
>>90152442
Thing is, they are running out of the popular things to do after Phase 3. I figure they might as well throw the demanding fans a bone.
>>
>>90152460
Dormammu is not going to show up. There is already too much to balance in this film.
>>
>>90152561
ScarJo is getting a lot of bad press recently, I doubt they'll hang on to her much longer, much less give her a movie
>>
>Avengers: Infinity War
>Avengers: ???

So, what's the second one going to be called? Infinity Gauntlet? Infinity Abyss? Infinity's End? Infinity Crusade? No, that's probably not PC...

Maybe they'll just steal Thanos Imperative?
>>
File: Marvel Cosmic Beings.png (3MB, 1527x1113px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Cosmic Beings.png
3MB, 1527x1113px
Whats really going to either make or break Infinity War for me is the number of cosmic deities who enter the fray.
>Lady Death
>Eternity/Infinity
>Order/Chaos
>The Living Tribunal
>The Celestials
>The Watcher
We need these guys to show how serious this threat really is. None of that "The galaxy is in peril!" shit, no, Im talking finger snapping "the universe is going to hell" situation where gods need to step in.
>>
>>90152593
What if he shows up briefly along other dimensional beings watching the final battle?
>>
>>90152604
Infinity Watch
>>
>>90152604

Avengers: Annihilation Wave
>>
>>90152603
>ScarJo is getting a lot of bad press recently
Like what?
>>
>>90151356
>Got a feeling this is what Thanos will do.
>
>Make them run around and collect the stones for him.

Even after "Fine, I'll do it myself!"?

What a lazy fuck.
>>
>>90152642
>the whole GitS shitshow
>monogamy is unnatural
mostly GitS though
>>
How will Ant Man and Wasp and Captain Marvel address Infinity War?
>>
>>90152603
What? Over what? Is it the Ghost in the Shell thing? If Mel Gibson could bounce back, so can she.
>>90152604
Infinity Gauntlet.
>>90152615
I would be so amazed if they went that far. Then again, the Living Tribunal was mentioned in Dr. Strange.
>>90152621
Then Dormammu would know Dr. Strange can't use the Time trick anymore.
>>
>>90152698
>monogamy is unnatural
Cap was right all along.

What's the deal with Ghost in the Shell?
>>
>>90152656
If Joss Whedon got to ignore the other Phase 2 films, they can ignore his.
>>90152698
Wait til the film is out.
>>90152712
The biggest question. Though, they could have a really powerful ending if >>90152282 happens at the end of Ant-Man and Wasp.
>>
>>90147356
I wish.

I think there's 3 factors that are essential to thanos' character

1. his prose (very hard to accomplish in quipland marvel, but i'd cream myself if I heard "AM I NOT DEATH?" in the movies). Specially important in comic were his facial expressions, which is rather hard to accomplish without looking campy.
2. s obsession with death and personality switches between monologing keikaku master and temperamental near schizophrenic
3. His space opera feeling (ie: the flying throne and the quasi magic aesthetics of some of his comic appearances) and him having tech one level above state of the art on every aspect

A fourth factor would be the presence of warlock and to a lesser degree captain marvel who helped flesh out the chracter by providing foils, but that would require delving into thanos past and we are jumping straight into infinity war, meaning warlock will have to be done without

>>90148715
two movies would be enough to flesh thanos for such ending, but yeah you sorta need to explore his past for that

>>90148918
>>90150167
yes please

>>90148813
we are getting a nova movie right? a annihilation saga is a possibility
>>
>>90152766
White woman playing Asian woman. ScarJo claims that feminism trumps diversity.
>>
>>90152736
>Then Dormammu would know Dr. Strange can't use the Time trick anymore
>implying Dormmie can come and go to Earth as he pleases
Are you being stupid in purpose?
>>
>>90152736
ol' Mel had to go through a load of shit before bouncing back though
>>
>>90152766
white feminism
>>
>>90152811
kek.

I love when those faggots fight between themselves.
>>
>>90152808
You speak of prose, but then we got Bendis Thanos in GOTG.
>>
>>90152736
>If Mel Gibson could bounce back, so can she.
>comparing the shitshow Mel made to this shit
Don't be stupid. Johansson angered a few SJW whales, Mel managed to put ALL of Hollywood against him.
>>
I heard a rumor that Strange can only cameo in Infinity War due to Ben's film scheduling issues, that true?
>>
>>90152828
More like, Dormammu will possess someone and get his flaming head look.
>>90152836
True, but again, GitS hasn't come out yet, and she hasn't actually said anything horrifically stupid yet.
>>90152874
I just want more Asian Women in films.
>>
>>90152460

cont'd

>Uses the Chitauri to develop his conduit and seeks out the Kree to bolster his power even further
>Obtains Ronan's alliance by promising him justice for Kree oppression and tells him to seek out an artifact that we know as the mind gem
>Seeks to measure Earth's strength and realizes that Earth exists in layers
>Uses his powers to observe Asgard and takes note of Loki
>Allies his armies with Loki and tells Loki to take Earth
>Uses the events of Avengers as research and curses Ronan for failing to deliver the mind gem
>Realizes that he cannot take on the Nova Corps successfully even with his new powers and seeks out the next gem in his quest: The power gem
>Knows it's on his home planet of Titan and wipes out its population and kills Mentor to obtain the gem; his Infinity Gauntlet having been completed before the attack
>Angered over Death not appearing for the destruction of Titan's population and continues searching for his next gem
>Uses the power of the Power Gem to completely annihilate the Nova Corps, with Rhomann Dey barely making it to Earth to warn the Guardians and entrusts a kid with the last of this knowledge by giving him the power of the nova force before ultimately dying

Fuck, idk. This shit is already contradicted by the stones being present in the other movies.
>>
>>90147356
He will stomp the shit out of everyone for 1.75 movies and then job like a bitch in the end.
>>
>>90152924
>implying Dormmie can come and go to Earth as he pleases
Are you being stupid in purpose?
>>
>>90152593

I mean, if Dormammu doesn't cross dimensions, then he isn't too out of the question imo.
>>
>>90152903
Exactly. What he did was so much worse, and he's now getting Oscar nods. ScarJo barely did anything. That's why I made the comparison. Don't be stupid.
>>
File: The_hood.jpg (268KB, 466x502px) Image search: [Google]
The_hood.jpg
268KB, 466x502px
>>90152924

Dormammu's access to Earth is really limited even through possession. Pic related.
>>
>>90152811
>>90152866
History repeats itself.
>>
>>90152982
Dude, come on. It's Dormammu. He'll always keep trying to come back to Earth. And the other guy said above "Dormammu watching the events of Infinity Wars" which would mean that he would be more eager to come back if Dr. Strange didn't have the Time Stone. It's a hypothetical reason why Dormammu would want to come back, retard.
>>
>>90153057
Would be cool, but I expect him to be a future Defenders villain.
>>
>>90153063
honestly any reason to dislike Jurassic World is fine by me, shit was garbage top to bottom
>>
>>90147356
What hype?
>>
>>90153108
I still thought the babysitter's death was out of place. What should have happened was one take of her being taken away and the monster jumping up and eating her from a distance. That would have been hilarious. But instead they made it so long and horrific, it became uncomfortable.
>>
>>90153069
> It's a hypothetical reason why Dormammu would want to come back
You're fucking idiotic.

Of course Dormammu would want to come back for Earth. This argument started because someone suggested Dormammu could briefly appear monitoring the infinity gems shitshow and for some stupid reason the other guy replied with "then dormammu would know strange can't use the time stone" as some sort of reason why it shouldn't happen/create narrative problems, which is freaking idiotic since Dormammu can't come to Earth unless someone summons him.
>>
>>90152698
> bad press

Hi /a/
>>
>>90153152
Stop claiming I'm an idiot when I'm the person who said Dormammu wouldn't be in Infinity Wars. I'm just saying, if Dormammu did monitor the fight, he would be more eager to come back without falling for the time gem trap. That's it. Faggot.
>>
>>90153225
>Stop claiming I'm an idiot when I'm the person who said Dormammu wouldn't be in Infinity Wars
>proceed to be an idiot
Heh.

And yes, I'll keep calling you names since Dormammu's eagerness to come back to Earth wasn't even part of the discussion, fucking idiot.

And considering it's stated in the movie the ultimate goal of Dormammu is to acquire Earth his motivations of coming back would stay unhinged he'd just work a way to to get out the time loop trap now that he's introduced to the concept of time, stupid mongoloid.
>>
>>90153389
And you're just an autistic as fuck asshole who can't understand what's going on.

I don't think Dormammu would be in Infinity Wars. But hearing that the time gem is gone would make him want to go back to Earth. Yes, he needs to be summoned, but I got the impression that after the run in with Dr. Strange, he probably wouldn't want to be stuck in a time loop again.

Now stop ruining a perfectly fine thread because you're arguing the same point I am, dipshit.
>>
>>90153500
You dare to call someone else autistic when you're the faggot who can't take people posting stuff they'd want to see in the movie?

No one is claiming "Dormmamu is definitely showing up no matter what!!!", but posting ideas of how he could show up, but your autistic ass can't understand this and therefore we are here arguing something you're factually wrong. But again this is completely unnecessary when the problem arose after (you) posted the incredibly retarded "rebuttal" of "Dormammu can't show up because then he'll know Strange doesn't have the time gem anymore and he'll come to conquer earth!" despite the fucking fact he can't do shit unless someone summons him like Kaecilius did in the movie.

And again nobody argued Dormmamu's eagerness to come back for Earth, but you keep bringing it up despite being completely inconsequential to the argument in case, fucking retard.

And don't tell me to "stop ruining the thread" when the dipshit who's still arguing for the sake of arguing is you eventhough you're completely wrong and keep making stuff up to keep the argument going.
>>
>>90152811
Where's the sauce on that. I want to read it
>>
>>90153700
Dude, what? You're not even making fucking sense.

>>"Dormammu can't show up because then he'll know Strange doesn't have the time gem anymore and he'll come to conquer earth!"

That's not what I said. At all. I said Dormammu probably won't show up, but when anon said the idea of him seeing the final battle, I added that it if that did happen, it would be neat for him to learn that the time gem didn't exist anymore and would motivate his desire to come back. I doubt Dormammu being in the film, but if he were, it would be cool for him to see Dr. Strange without his stone and realizing he would have power over Earth and not fear the time loop.

I have no fucking idea where you went off the rails, but I can assure you, you just made a complete ass of yourself.
>>
>>90152309
>Banner
>Fair game
But anon, that's not how Hulk works! He even tried!
>>
>>90153904
He would have to destroy that sanctum again like was necessary last time for him to show up
>>
>>90153758
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scarlett-johansson-feminism-ghost-in-a-shell_us_5899dd5fe4b0406131391257
>>
>>90154131
And what better way to do that than "No More Sorcerers" running around? Dormammu is gonna come back sooner or later.
>>
File: ElderGodChthon7.jpg (421KB, 1242x1558px) Image search: [Google]
ElderGodChthon7.jpg
421KB, 1242x1558px
>>90152621
Chthon grinning and pumping his fist when Vision dies
>>
File: ultron is not amused.jpg (68KB, 242x294px) Image search: [Google]
ultron is not amused.jpg
68KB, 242x294px
>>90152615
>Tfw The Watcher, Galactus and Silver Surfer wont be in marvels biggest cosmic beatdown because of movie rights BS
>>
File: 3864771-8623557320-darks.jpg (400KB, 1988x843px) Image search: [Google]
3864771-8623557320-darks.jpg
400KB, 1988x843px
>>90147356
PRETENDER.
>>
>>90148521
>Thanos is a manlet
Kek.
>>
>>90153108
>>90153149
That was the best part of the movie, loved how they made her suffer. I masturbate to it.
>>
File: Chthon.jpg (1MB, 1278x1364px) Image search: [Google]
Chthon.jpg
1MB, 1278x1364px
>>90154236
Chthon possessing Quicksilver's corpse to mess with Wanda when?
>>
>>90152811
>>90154143
Technically, a cyborg with an unknown original gender. Also how come none has supped laughing Evans and Hawkeye to ScarJo in the women´s march?
>>
>>90154885
Thanos is a deeper character than you, Darkseid.
>>
>>90155268
The series already showed she was a female before the procedure. Her gender after the fact is what becomes fluid. Since gender identification is a barbaric thing of the past.
>>
>>90148288
>Adam Warlock
Vision, anon.
Vision he'll "die" when Thanos claims his stone, but hide inside it and cause disharmony allowing the heroes to win.
It's not rocket surgery.
>>
>>90156002
You know what would be nice? MCU doing a Vision movie based on Tom King's stuff.
>>
>>90156002
>rocket surgery

So is this the hot new meme?
>>
>>90147356
>Will he live up to the hype?
No.
>How would you handle his powers yet make him still beatable?
Thought Robot Superman.
>>
>>90147356
We haven't do him do anything other than sit down in a chair. There hasn't been any hype for him yet
>>
He better kick the shit out of Hulk and Thor at the same time, without using any stones/gems.
>>
>>90156053
No that fucking dumb brain activity image is. Like a retarded hipster 4koma. Rocket Surgery just reminds me of No More Heroes
>>
>>90150253
>Hell, he could turn them all into hot dogs if he wanted to.

Imagine him actually turning the gang into shawarmas.
>>
>>90156291
I want him to smash Hulk into the ground and say "Puny Hulk"

Yeah it's cheesy as hell but damn it I don't care
>>
>>90155881
THE ONLY DEPTH THAT NEED CONCERN YOU IS THE DEPTH OF YOUR DESPAIR AS I MURDER YOUR SOUL AND MAKE YOU AN INSTRUMENT OF MY WILL.
>>
>>90157044
Whatever Turpin.
>>
So, after the Thanos arc is over, is he just going to start hanging with Deadpool when not tending to crops?
>>
>>90157189
No because Deadpool is a Fox character.
>>
File: 2742993-darkseid-wallpapers.jpg (573KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2742993-darkseid-wallpapers.jpg
573KB, 1920x1080px
A LOVESICK FOOL VAINLY COURTING DEATH. PATHETIC! I AM A GOD. I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA. DEATH SERVES ME! THANOS IS NOTHING BUT A BETA KEK.
>>
>>90157294
Whatever Turpin.
>>
>>90157294
>Alpha/Omega
>jobbed to Doomsday
K bud.
>>
>>90147356
>Will he live up to the hype?
>hype

He has been betrayed by most of his henchmen we've seen, Loki, Gamora, Nebula and Ronan while losing one infinity stone after another. He just was sitting there being all grumpy, spouting empty threats, sometimes it felt like he was just too heavy to stand up.

I wouldn't even be suprised if they one-shoot him with no effort.
>>
>>90147356

No.

Marvel movie villains mostly suck.

I would not be shocked to see him deus ex machineaed into defeat after a perfunctory scuffle at the end of the movie.
>>
>>90158437
Yeah he needs to start being ruthless real fast.
>>
This is Thanos' story. Don't bully him.
>>
>>90147356
He already looks fucking retarded
>>
>>90161456
now now anon no need to be so hard on yourself
>>
>>90156053
Look at the fuckin' brain scientist over here
>>
File: 1316734829806.jpg (49KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1316734829806.jpg
49KB, 500x374px
>all these worked marks ITT
>>
>>90154955
pretty sure h was sitting down in that scene anon
>>
>a MCU villain who's already shown to be nothing but inept across his myriad appearances
>will he be good

k e k
>>
>>90156438
That would be the greatest quip in the history of cinema
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.