[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amazing Spider-man #24 Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 40

Time for Doc Ock's Wild Ride to switch tracks...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90130892
hold on how does a mask with teeth work
>>
>>90130878
Why didn't any of the clones run tests on themselves to see if they were the real one?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90130962
THE DIE IS CAST
>>
>>90130932
>The most perfect clone ever created
Mr. Sinister and Arnim Zola are laughing at you so hard.
>>
>>90130915
Very carefully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZBhL5lpqg
>>
>>
>>
>>90130953
So Dr. Octopus now has a perfect presumably not-fat body?
>>
>>
>>90130979
Funny how Sinister and Zola's clones have none of the problems that Jackal's clones have.
>>
>>
Christ, Slott totally murdered Ben's character
>>
>>
>>90131039
And also brought back Jackal in spider-island just to make him a bitch.
>>
>>
>>
>This entire storyline was literally just a way for Slott to make Spock again but now even more perfect since he doesn't have Peter's soul conflicting with him

Bravo!
>>
>>90131020
I gotta say, Ben's Jackal outfit was way better than this crappy green leotard.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Thanks for reading, /co/. Support the officfuck it Slott is getting sales regardless of quality. I'd rather have nothing.
>>
>>90130835
>>90131125

I must say, as the writer of in the new Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider series, Peter David sure has his work cut out trying to fix this mess Dan Slott made.
>>
>>90131039
This, they should have killed off this Ben and then reveal there is another clone of Ben who only has memories up to his death.
>>
>>90131112
>Leaving without making sure that the Jackal is actually dead
What a moron
>>
>>90131049
Ben getting shirtless makes no sense at all, how does he just slide down his shirt?
>>
I kept hoping fake "Ben" would die as I was reading this.
>>
>>90131039
It's a clone of Ben. How are people not getting this? Ben Reilly had memories of his "past life" too, but he wasn't Peter Parker.
>>
>>90131148
That would have been a good end, but we can't have that now can we.
>>
>>90130953
>>90130962
Seriously Slott, fuck you. You got 30 issues out of the concept, just let it fucking go.
>>
>>90131145
Hell, if Robbie Thompson can salvage the mess that Slott made with Silk, I think Peter David can fix Ben.
>>
>>90131297
Muh perfect copy, muh Gwen who suddenly remembers how she died
>>
>>90131324
>inferior spiderfags still butthurt
let me drink your tears
>>
>>90131324
Reminder Ock has been in almost every issue of spider-man since Superior began.
>>
File: feellick.jpg (6KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
feellick.jpg
6KB, 180x200px
>>90130962
>>
>>90131266
He is real ben. And he is better than ever.

Hahahahahahahha.
>>
>>90131341
A perfect copy is still a copy. It's not Gwen or Ben's original consciousness placed in a new body, it's a different but identical consciousness.

Doc Ock is in a similar situation. When he uploaded a copy of his mind to a robot and jacked pete's body, that's still just a copy. The original Otto died dormant in his own body, judging from the fact that the real Pete was in his own body all along.
>>
>>90131297
This. Ben was a clone with Peter's memories, but he wasn't Peter. Jackal-Ben is a clone with Ben's memories, but he's not Ben.
>>
>>90131403
We are our memories anon
>>
>>90131349
Why wouldn't Spider-Man appear in every issue of Spider-Man? It's his book.
>>
>>90131297
I understand that, but Slott and everyone at Marvel are treating him like he's the real Ben, so it's still pretty damn irritating.
>>
>>90131424
Read again anon, try with your eyes this time
>>
>>90131421
We are, but if you copy those memories and put them in another body, that's not you with two bodies. It's you and another identical person.
>>
>>90131446
If he has all the memories of Ben. he is for all intents and purposes
>>
>>90131448
He's just a SpOckfag who's trying to convince himself that Slott's writing is good.
>>
>>90131448
Otto Octavius is Spider-Man. You can put your fingers in your ears and yell as loud as you want, but you can't escape the facts. The dice were cast a long time ago.
>>
If this is a clone of Ben, where is Ben?
>>
>>90131468
So, if someone made a second Ben clone with Ben's memories, would both clones count as the real Ben?
>>
>>90131461
If I do that while my other body is dead is just a continuation.
>>
>>90131502
In whatever afterlife he ended up in. Probably Heaven since unlike Peter he never made a deal with Mephisto.
>>
>>90131502
In a dust bin somewhere.
>>
>>90131421
Souls are real in the Marvel universe and Ock's has departed.
>>
>>90131508
The first one is
>>
>>90131141

holy shit, Meltman got RIPPED

but why is he fighting TarantulaDude?
>>
>>90131523
If you do that while you're dead your original consciousness is also dead. There's an identical person living your life, but you aren't experiencing it.
>>
Thanks, OP.

>>90131502
Still dead and not having to put up with modern Marvel's shit.
>>
>>90130878
Well now you know how that feels, asshole.
>>
>>90130994
Okay, it might be a bad idea trying to make sense of this shitstorm, but...
Did the signal kill the Carrion virus in every clone's body, or merely neutralize it for a time? If the latter, the surviving clones still have to take the pills, or they turn into zombies, right?
>>
What a fucking mess of storyline.
>>
>>90131562
Why? They'd both have Ben's memories. Why would one count as real and the other doesn't?
>>
>>90131524
By that logic it was married peter not post omd peter who would go to hell.
>>
How did Ben Reilly come back from the dead?
Or is thus just a clone, of a clone...?
>>
>>90131663
Married Peter and post omd Peter are the same person, Mephisto himself confirmed it.
>>
>>90130953
Oh fuck, S. SPIDEY coming back? Also, really Ben? Why did you jinx yourself like that?
>>
>>90131671
It's a clone. Jackal made a clone from Ben's remains, killed it, made a clone from that clone's remains, killed it... over and over like twenty times. The last clone in that line is the "Ben" here.
>>
>>90131635
probably just neutralizes it to give Ben something to in his upcoming solo series.
>>
>>90131671
Jackal created a clone of Ben, then killed that clone and made a clone of him, and repeated the process until he reached the twenty-seventh clone.
>>
>>90131705
Not the point. It was when he was married he did it.

When he isn't married he is more...moralistic.
>>
>>90131715
Anything to do with Spiderman and clones is really fucking obnoxious.
You'd think Marvel would of learned that years ago...
>>
We call him "Ben Really II"?
>>
>>90130924
Using any form of actual logic would require Slott to be a competent storyteller.
>>
>>90131810
>Ben Really

more like Ben NOTREALLY
>>
>>90130994
>the most popular electronic device on earth!
>not ever mentioned in a single other Marvel book
>>
>>90131715
So what you're saying is that he's Ben-27?
>>
>>90131007
Is that supposed to be a replica of Uncle Ben and Aunt May's house? Because it doesn't look anything like it at all.

Maybe Richard and Mary's house?
>>
>>90131995
>Update
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Aunt_May's_House
>>
>>90130953
>Parker Luck be damned
BEN NO, YOU FOOL!
>>
>>90131054
Spider Island Jackal was Ben, though.
>>
>>90131077
This is the moment were I officially thank Ben Reilly for finally killing Warren. He was just the worst
>>
>>90130878
Honestly in that situation, the first I think wouldn't be revenge but "Oh thank god I'm not a clone after all."
>>
>>90131125
This issue was fucking stupid.

But thanks anyway, Op.
>>
>>90131297
>It's a clone of Ben.
The 26th clone of Ben, to be exact.
>>
>>90131403
>judging from the fact that the real Pete was in his own body all along.

That is something far too many people are just too stupid to grasp. Peter and Otto never actually swapped bodies. They just had their brains reprogrammed to think they were different people.

I don't know why this stuff ever surprises me. There are people who STILL think the clones in Clone Conspiracy are somehow different from the clones shown in both the 70s and 90s Clone Sagas and that Gwen actually came back to life.
>>
File: Quesada after OMD.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Quesada after OMD.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>90130953
we SUPERIOR NOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h64gtpFj90
>>
>>90131125

So he'll be come an edgiest Kaine?
>>
>>90131810
Ben Ten :^)
>>
>>90131635
>Did the signal kill the Carrion virus in every clone's body, or merely neutralize it for a time?

Did you read Clone Conspiracy #5? All the clones died. But the original people (that the clones are made from) were never offed. Just frozen in a basement at New U (even Prowler, who was magically not dead).
>>
>>90131810
Wouldn't he be 'Ben Reilly XXVIII', then?
>>
>>90132758
Some were still explicitly alive like Electra. Slott's intent is that now any dead spider-villain can just pop up without explanation other than "surviving clone."
>>
>>90131960
Well, 28, actually.

Ben Reilly, the original clone was killed. Jackal created a clone (would be Ben Reilly 2) and killed that clone 26 times. So this would be Ben Reilly 28.
>>
>>90130962
I think I remember an image of a Peter Parker-like individual with the tentacle arms. Think that could be Otto in the new body
>>
>>90130878

Is there any explanation for why the Real Miles Warren is just a normal guy, and the 90s Clone Saga Jackal is just a mask now? Did the whole "5 years in a pod, upgrading himself into a superhuman jackal-man" thing not happen anymore?
>>
>>90132758
>>90132880

What anom said. It was left fairly ambiguous on who survived. Still don't know out of those rogues I'd want to see back, though. Maybe Rose?
>>
>>90130962
Wow, I'd be pissed if I didn't know there's no saving ASM.
>>
>>90132689
Probably just gonna fight off his mentall illness.

It happens.
>>
>>90131196
How'd that work for Ben, Gwen, Morlun, Aunt May, Doc Ock, Norman, and Harry?
>>
>>90132689
That's what annoys me about this, what's even the point here? Slott has had some fucking awful ideas throughout his run.
>>
>>90131049
If the green Jackal suit is a costume, why are there yellow shorts on it?
>>
>>90131888
Ben Fucking Really??
>>
>>90131202
It was a button up that was on fire.
>>
>>90131328
Robbie Thompson deserves to take over ASM
>>
>>90133083
The Warren who did that was a clone who died at the end.
>>
>>90131145
I don't think PAD has any interest in "fixing" Ben quite honestly.
>>
>>90131125
I don't care who he will be, I'm just curious if they will pairing him with MJ, and if they will bring back Aracely for Kaine???
>>
Ben gets a solo book after this steaming pile of garbage, but Kaine is stuck being a secondary character without his own ongoing.

Ben murders a ton of people and goes completely fucking insane, tries to kill Peter, and gets off scott free? Really?

I hope Kaine kills this stupid fucking imposter and editorial puts Ben on the shelf again for a decade so his name can stop getting dragged through the mud
>>
>>90131093
Jackal screaming in pain/horror made me laugh. I admit it.
>>
i legitimately believe that doctor octopus could function as an anti-hero character and it legitimately pains me that slott is fucking this up so hard
>>
>>90131502
Somewhere in heaven playing with his niece.
>>
>>90133158
>Maybe Rose?
That would be pretty sweet. When was the last time he even showed up?
>>
>>90134253
When did Ben murder a ton of people?
>>
>>90133463
Remember, anon. Slott and Lowe wanted to bring back Ben in "a way that would do justice to the character and really make the fans happy!" (according to recent interviews)

What fucking hacks.
>>
>>90134379
Agreed. Ever read Otto's adventures in Avenging Spider-Man / Superior Team-Up? Mostly way better than anything Slott did.
>>
>>90134581

The new one was in that Morbius series from a while back.

Not sure if he survived it.
>>
>>90131125
Anon who read all the clone saga storytimes, but didn't bother with Slott's mess here

Is this REALLY Ben? Like why would he ever do any of this? Has his mind been messed with or some dumb shit?
>>
>>90134832
>Is this REALLY Ben?

No. Its the 28th clone of Ben.
>>
>>90134379
>>90134769
Slott's Otto is a cartoon villain. Even at his best, in Avenging, he was still a mustache twirling keikaku bad guy. He can't work as an anti-hero because he has no moral code, period.
>>
>>90134871
Okay, but why would Ben's clone want to clone everyone.
>>
>>90134621
Either they're lying through their teeth or they actually believe they're doing Ben Reilly fans a favour. I don't know which possibility disgusts me more.
>>
>>90134917
Because he's a loony. He's been killed 26 times, each a different way and remembers each of those deaths.

Or, at least, that's Slott's attempt at making his new psychotic personality seem logical it isn't, in any way.

But that's Slott for you.
>>
>>90134946
>or they actually believe they're doing Ben Reilly fans a favour

I'm sure its this. Slott and Lowe both think they're pretty slick and love to pat themselves on the back as much as humanly possible.

Just remember that Slott has been trying to do this Clone Conspiracy story for like 5 years now. Brevoort was Slott's previous editor and vetoed the story numerous times and told Slott to fuck off about it. Soon as he leaves and Lowe takes over... story gets pushed out.
>>
>>90135006
Any links to back this up? Want to read about slott getting told to fuck off.
>>
>>90134946
>or they actually believe they're doing Ben Reilly fans a favour

Its this. Just look at how Lowe, Costa and Lewis are on the current Venom book. They all (especially Devin Lewis) claim to be humongous Venom fanatics. But to anyone who's read the book, we can see they are all colossal casuals that were already getting things wrong on page 1, sentence #1 of the first issue.
>>
>>90134601
It's been confirmed that Ben has been the Jackal since Spider Island.

Each of the clones he made was a conscious individual in its own right, and they're almost all dead.
>>
>>90135152
>“We’ve seen like 20 Miles Warrens,” Slott said. “All of his lackeys are Miles Warren. Right now, we’ve had the Jackal, and it’s been this way since Spider-Island,’ whenever we see him, he’s been waited on hand and foot by Miles Warren clones — and now we know that was Ben Reilly! What is going on!”

http://www.cbr.com/dan-slott-details-clone-conspiracy-3-major-spider-man-return/
>>
>>90135006
>5 years to write a comic book story
>turns out like a dumpster fire
I'd say I'm surprised, but it's Slott.
>>
>>90135033
Slott has openly stated that he has been trying to do Clone Conspiracy for years in interviews. I'll see if I can track one down. He specifically said that Tom Brevoort told him no on more than one occasion.
>>
>>90131502
Ben has been where he has been the last 20 years...dead.
>>
I miss the real Ben Reilly.
>>
>>90131093
>Hey is there anyone in there?
>*Intense scream of pain*
>Nah familia.
>Oh, okay.
>>
>>90131034
How the fuck is a normal human even capable of doing that to a spider-enhanced human?
>>
I forget, was the proto-clone of Otto or Peter?
>>
>>90136213
He said it was a template or blueprint. He offered it to Ock's waifu.
>>
>>90136059
Didn't he fuse his DNA with an actual Jackal at one point?
>>
>>90130979
Continuity kek

the best kind of kek
>>
>>90131145
I think leaving a massive shit on the plate for the poor sods writing spinoffs of his stories to clean up is pretty much Slott's MO.
>>
>>90134953
How is dying in horrible ways and remembering it not traumatic?
>>
>>90134946
>>90135006
>>90135055
>Either they're lying through their teeth or they actually believe they're doing Ben Reilly fans a favour
They did the exact same thing for Spider-Girl fans.

They don't seem to grasp that fans of a character would rather have no more stories than ones that actively shit on the characters in question.
>>
>>90136803
Because it defeats the entire point of Peter Parker, numbnuts. Part of his characterization is that he persevere through traumatic shit like that. He's like the moral center of the Marvel U.

Ben Reilly is effectively Peter Parker. He can be traumatized by that, sure. But he shouldn't become a psychotic lunatic hell bent on fucking the entire world.
>>
>>90136835
>They don't seem to grasp that fans of a character would rather have no more stories than ones that actively shit on the characters in question.

Wait a minute. I remember posts on /co/ where someone was trying to argue that it's better that the writers are using the characters even badly instead of not using them at all. Were they fucking shills? Cause that would explain a lot.
>>
>>90134621
>“There’s a whole generation of Spider-Man fans for whom Ben Reilly is their Spider-Man,” Lewis added. “I probably like Ben Reilly more than Peter Parker. I don’t know if there was ever any hesitation, but there was certainly an earnestness to do it right, and do Ben justice, since there are those fans who love him.”

http://www.cbr.com/dan-slott-details-clone-conspiracy-3-major-spider-man-return/

For guys who "love Ben Reilly", they sure fucked his characterization up good here.
>>
>>90131093
How does nobody recognize Peter Parker? He's only the richest man in the world
>>
>>90130909
>another humans AND clones comment
ffs Peter enough with the bigoted shit
>>
>>90137300
Because this is shit writing.

How the hell did no one realize that wasn't Peter during Superior? Same reason: shit writing.
>>
>>90136969
It's even dumber when you consider that during the 90's Peter was getting darker and edgier and Ben was made to be a contrast to that - to call back to an era of a more bright, upbeat Spider-Man and to bring the series out of the darkness it was falling into.
>>
The overbearing problem with this is how close it comes to Ben and then misses the mark entirely.

He always yelled "I'm not Peter Parker!" when he was close to the edge but ultimately would refrain from whatever the fuck he could have done wrong, and then acknowledge that he isn't Peter but he has the memories and he needs to honor them.

That excuses the more crazed behavior like him saying he's not Peter both in his flashback and then this issue, and then you have "fuck off with these fake memories out of my head".
>>
>>90137481
Yeah, exactly. His characterization in Clone Conspiracy, even with the traumatic stuff, is nothing like how Ben has been shown in any appearance prior to. Might as well be an entirely different character.
>>
So is the Scarlet Spider in the upcoming solo this Ben? Or is it a stealth Superior Spider-Man thing on account of Ock getting the template body?

I haven't read the solicits, so forgive me.
>>
>>90137535
>how close it comes to Ben
Except for this version of Ben being 100% different from any other appearance of the character ever.
>>
>>90137614
We don't know yet. Its implied to be this Ben, though.
>>
>>90137627
I'm not liking it, though do read the entire post on how when he was coming on the edge especially during his five year exile he'd at least SAY this, but pull back at the last moment.

And it's not made any better by the fact PAD:

- says the "interesting thing" about Ben is being 'unhinged'
- "absolutely needed the smirk" so people would be afraid before he "tears them apart"
- when remarked of the absurd similarities to Spidercide just said "why are you obsessing over a dead character from the 90s" (might check again what book he's even writing to begin with)

I'd love nothing more than Ben to stick around and go back to the character we like, but holy shit, it's looking pretty dreary so far. Sure isn't looking like the ends don't justify the means.
>>
>>90131559
>Ock's has departed.
Turbobeta Ock that couldn't beat Goblin Nation departed.
This is Denial SpOck with 2099 tech.
And technically Spider-Verse happened before Goblin Nation, at least for SpOck.

Also with that logic Slott's Parker's soul departed at #700.
>>
>>90137739
Ock's soul, not Peter's, because it was his body. Ock didn't make a soul transferal machine, he made one that rewrote brains.
>>
>>90137708
B-b-but anon! Slott and Lowe "want to do Ben justice, since there a fans who love him"! /s
>>
>>90137917
Yeah, I know.

Sadly having it repeated the Nth time only makes my heart sink deeper.
>>
>>90131324
He'll never let go of it. Or let the characters he writes let go of it.
Ben-27 calls him A GENIUS right after he's been royally screwed by Ock.
>>
>>90138180
Its almost as Bendis having every character talk about how amazing Miles Morales is.
>>
>>90138375
That's about what I was going to say, but since I've been doing this rodeo for longer the first thing I was reminded of was his Cagewank rather.
>>
File: golden lel.png (1MB, 912x905px) Image search: [Google]
golden lel.png
1MB, 912x905px
>>90130909
>Otto still going REEEEE MY WAIFU
>>
Are you excited for next week's return of Uncle Ben?
>>
>>90131034
Wait a minute. Jackal doesn't have any powers. How is he fighting Ben?
>>
>>90137300
His face looks pretty fucked up from deterioration
>>
So we got two bonus spider people out of this arc, Ben and presumably Otto with a Peter clone body
>>
>>90136969
>Ben Reilly is effectively Peter Parker.

Not anymore. They've been split for years.
>>
File: 608.jpg (97KB, 450x700px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
97KB, 450x700px
>>90137708
I'm trying to remember the last time Ben was properly written, post-death. Probably just those flashbacks from the Raptor story in the early 600s (pic related).

And that was written friggin' Marc Guggenheim. If you're failing to match up with Guggenheim's writing, you've fucked up.
>>
Superior Otto Clone series when?
>>
>>90138820
Half-and-half - If we're counting post-death flashbacks, DeMatteis did a couple backups in the Web of Spider-Man series that ran along Amazing during Brand New Day.

And we did see Ben go close to the edge in them once more.

I say "half-and-half" because Guggenheim managed to mess up the whole point of Kaine when he was established: he hounded Ben and ruined his life but Ben never knew why (as remarked many times by DeMatteis, too).

In Guggenheim's story the first thing he yells when they meet is "WE HAVE THE SAME DNA!"
>>
>>90138543
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>90138888
Omega's ending is Uncle Ben showing up at Aunt May's door.
>>
>>90138820
Does the alternate universe Ben from Scarlet Spiders count?
>>
>>90138922
What the fuck? How is this information even out, did some retard at Marvel leak it
>>
>>90138652
Jackal genetically modified himself at the beginning of 90s Clone Saga.

Slott ignored or retconned this probably just to get the "you're not supposed to be that strong!" line from Peter right before Reilly revealed his identity, but it was canon that Warren could curbstomp Peter and Ben.
>>
>>90138999
That Jackal also said he wasn't a clone.

Then he told Spidercide he was a clone.
>>
>>90139026
The point still stands that Peter shouldn't be surprised at one Jackal, whichever it may be, being strong enough to fight him evenly, or automatically assuming that he's got to be a regular human.

And 70s Jackal fought him evenly and he was a regular old guy anyway.
>>
File: 9-17.jpg (221KB, 978x1521px) Image search: [Google]
9-17.jpg
221KB, 978x1521px
>>90130953
Time to give this world what it REALLY NEEDS!
A SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHknbzTG-kQ
>>
>>90138848
Not soon enough if it hasn't been announced yet.
>>
>>90138848
As long as it gets Slott off ASM, I'll be happy
>>
>>90139641
>Thinking he wont just write ASM and Otto's series
>>
>>90138745
In that panel? It isn't. He looks like Peter Parker with some scars
>>
Superior Doc Ock, how do we abbreviate that?
SupOck? SupDoc?
>>
>>90131324
>spOCK is back and the peterfags are reeeeeeeeing again

This will be a good year
>>
>>90141073
Creating a pretend fight with your own post won't fool anyone this time, shill
>>
>>90141073
Tfw I like Peter and Otto
>>
>>90141073
Maybe if someone ELSE used him instead, it'd be one thing, but Slott has literally reduced Otto's personality to an obsession with getting Peter's body.
>>
>>90141332
Slott can't write Otto for shit, even though he's been writing him for so long. His Otto has always been a one note villain.

Ends of the Earth had him declaring himself as worse than hitler and pol pot combined, for fucks sake. He has no clue how to write doc ock besides "good plans" and "evil", and both are taken to cartoonish extremes.
>>
>>90139364
Ock's ridiculous BADGUY dialogue always cracks me up.
>>
>>90141161
>pretend fight

So you're saying the people bitching about spOCK and the people laughing at them were all shills? Because I'm not a shill, I just loved it because it was funny.
>>
File: fug.png (490KB, 642x414px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
490KB, 642x414px
>>90131403
>Ock copies himself into Peter's brain and vice versa so they think they're eachother
>the dying Ock who thinks he's Peter tries to copy himself into Peter who thinks he's Ock and partially succeeds making Peter into a Peter who thinks he's Ock who think's he's Peter and Ock at the same time
>the real Ock who thinks he's Peter dies
>Peter who thinks he's Ock finds out because time travel that he'll be Peter again and makes a copy of himself (Peter who thinks he's Ock) and puts it in the robot
>Peter stops thinking he's Ock
>but the earlier copy of Peter who thinks he's Ock is put into a clone body of fat Ock by the 20th generation clone of Ben who's pretending to be Jackal
>now the earlier copy of Peter who thinks he's Ock copied himself into a clone body of Peter and died in his cloned Ock body
Slott please
pls
>>
>>90142051
Yeah because most of the time it sounded so forced.
>>
>>90141073
Spock is pretty cool and i'm excited to see what happens now that he's back but Spiderman is and always will be Peter Parker. They're literally one and the same, i've always thought it was insane how these faggots coined the term "Peterfags" like you could be anything else and still like Spiderman. Mental gymnastics is an impressive art these days
>>
>>90140782
He's fucking yellow dude
>>
>>90142435
>i've always thought it was insane how these faggots coined the term "Peterfags"

It's really the same person who keeps trying to force a """"fight"""". See also: Anon acts as Person A and complains about Jason Aaron, then switches to Person B who calls him "Bitch Aaron", etc etc
>>
>>90142294
>trying to science

No, Ock and Peter had a consciousness transfer

But part of Peter's consciousness remained behind in his body and he eventually took over again
>>
>>90142546
So you're saying that there are multiple singular anons on /co/ who have been trying to force particular memes over the span of the past decade? I wonder how such people survive for so long without jobs
>>
>>90142559
Except this story showed clones work exactly in the boring way, and the Doc Ock in Clone Conspiracy actually is an earlier copy of his conciousness so the conciousness transfer has to work like that too.
>>
>>90130924
Warren was always in an arms race with himself to create clones even his tests couldn't identify as clones
>>
>>90130979
also Thanos 'not even the Watcher can tell it's not Thanos'
>>
>>90130981
how far off the deep end is ben
>>
>>90142476
His face is the exact same as Peter Parker's, he even has the same hairstyle, how can you defend this?
>>
>>90131145
it's not too difficult, I mean, as other anons have pointed out so long as he zeroes in on the 'clone of a clone had an identity crisis and went a bit nuts, but has no rejected all of its fake memories' angle he has clean slate to turn Reilly^2 into whatever he feels like writing. The only thing locked in it seems is he has to call himself Scarlet Spider for the duration of the run
>>
>>90143141
Who would believe some random fireman that the CEO of Parker fucking Industries was seen running out of a burning house shirtless?
>>
>>90143283
This doesn't explain why the firemen there don't recognize him. Or the crowd
>>
>>90142748
It's his soul
>>
>>90143141
...Why DOES he have the same hairstyle?
>>
>>90130979
>Mr. Sinister
Seeing this amateur hour would turn him into the Gordon Ramsay of cloning.
>These clones are FUCKING RAWW
>How much Bens ARE in the bin? LOOK, LOOOOK
>Where's the Summers? YOU FORGOT THE SUMMERS?
>>
>>90143451
Because he's a PERFECT clone, down to the hairstyle
>>
Is it possible for Peter to go this route still, /co/?
>>
>>90143576
No, Grim Hunt was all about making this future not happen
>>
File: Last Stand Spider-Man.png (367KB, 390x387px) Image search: [Google]
Last Stand Spider-Man.png
367KB, 390x387px
>>90143664
D-Damn
>>
>>90130953
Ha get fucked ben the Superior Spider-man wins yet again
>>
>>90143532
>IT'S FROZEN
>>
>>90136969
My honest hope is that the "Ben is psycho" shit doesn't go beyond 6 or so issues and something happens (maybe meeting Elizabeth Tyne again) that snaps him back to his senses.
>>
Based SpOck lives again.

Hope he gets his own book
>>
>>90143880
>These genes are microwaved you fucking donkey
>>
>>90137917
I've often times seen that when something controversial is done to a character and the creators have to insist that they're fans of said character you can safely assume that at best they don't actually care and at worse actively hate them.
>>
>>90145577
>I wouldn't let you run my fucking bath, never mind my cloning facility!
>>
>>90138987
>falling for bait this obvious
>>
File: Bugs_Bunny.svg.png (466KB, 1920x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs_Bunny.svg.png
466KB, 1920x3072px
>>90140877
What's SupDoc?
>>
>>90133515
It's a fursuit complete with external genitalia.
>>
>>90131077
>Jackal, I...
>>
>>90131705
>Believing the Lord of Lies
shiggy etc
>>
>>90143112
He wrapped around to the other end.
>>
File: Costume_spiderman_superior.jpg (905KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Costume_spiderman_superior.jpg
905KB, 1200x900px
>>90130953
>>90130962
Ha. Good stuff.
>>
>>90145282
>My honest hope is that the "Ben is psycho" shit doesn't go beyond 6 or so issues and something happens (maybe meeting Elizabeth Tyne again) that snaps him back to his senses.

Aracely uses her Aztec god powers to put the soul of the original Ben Reilly in the body of this one.

And no, she doesn't take the other one out.
>>
>>90134900
Well Slott's Otto has a code involving not harming children.
>>
>>90141210
It's a great feeling.
>>
>>90142294
I need a goddamn flowchart.
>>
>>90141455
I thought Otto just said all those things in Ends of the Earth to make Peter think he completely lost his mind and is no longer the "master planner" he used to be. So Peter would underestimate him because earlier in Ends Of the Earth Otto launched the golden octobot to swap minds.
>>
>>90137069
/co/ isn't a hive mind. While a lot of people DO feel that way, there is also a good deal of people that think having stories with a character period is more important than having good stories with a character.

Just look at how many people were eager to defend before watchmen. Depending on who you ask, /co/ loves the characters more than the stories.
>>
File: It was foretold.jpg (25KB, 379x286px) Image search: [Google]
It was foretold.jpg
25KB, 379x286px
>>90133056
>>
>>90143576
he's on the verge of it in Spider-Man & Deadpool. getting sent to hell (twice) left him tainted and he's been getting incresingly edgier since,
this week's issue ended with him swiping two of Wade's katana to go murder the shit out of Itsy-Bitsy because she's been massacring a ton of petty crooks and gangsters in his and Wade's name
>>
>>90143012
you mean Thanos 'I better make a clone of myself that can fool the Watcher so that I can claim it was just a clone of me that Squirrel Girl beat'?
>>
This whole death and rebirth thing Slott's got going on with Otto has gotten old.
>>
>>90130953
>>90130962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h64gtpFj90
>>
>>90153399
I find it the most entertaining and amusing thing about his run.
>>
>>90130924
I'm sure Ben kept a close eye on them.
>>
>>90130878
Shouldn't he have become infected by being around the clones for so long?
>>
>>90143532
It'd be like Amy's Baking Co again!
>>
>>90134057
>Aracely for Kaine

I hope you aren't implying Kaine would sleep with his daughteru?
>>
>>90138887
>DeMatteis did a couple backups in the Web of Spider-Man series that ran along Amazing during Brand New Day.

Weren't those supposed to lead into the Raptor story? Or am I misremembering?
>>
>>90138971
No, that's an AU character. Not to mention that it was just another backhand by Slott (since he wrote that Ben completely different than any other version of Ben AND made a point to kill him again).
>>
>>90142294
Just imagine Slott pitching this at a board meeting.
>>
>>90142559
No. That isn't what happened at all. They had their brains reprogrammed to think they were the opposite person. Read the comic.
>>
>>90142476
They might just think Peter Parker got a bad case of jaundice.
>>
>>90142606
>what is a meme and how do they work?
>>
>>90143378
Its literally not. Read the comic.
>>
>>90143451
...why WOULDN'T he have the same hair style?
>>
>>90150296
You're giving Slott way, way, way too much credit.
>>
>>90159303
>the meeting room goes silent
>Benis speaks up and says it sounds like a great event, and asks the editors if they have any problems with it
>he's talking to an unoccupied bench labeled "editors" full of cobwebs and skeletons
>>
>>90159484
I can also see:

>The rest of the people in the room are completely blank faced, scratching their heads. The EiC just looks at Slott and says: "What? Eh. Fuck it. Whatever. Yeah, that's fine." and just handwaves the whole thing away so he doesn't have to listen to Slott ramble on again.
>>
>>90159207
They were just Ben doing his thing, sometimes even in Europe.
>>
>>90159422
He does the same thing here though. He makes everyone think he's just freaking out over Anna and that's the only reason he degraded the clones, but he was clearly planning on doing that anyways. He just wants people to think he's lost his mind over Anna so much that he's willing to kill himself.
>>
>>90131015
Looks like it. Ock cannot be stopped.
>>
>>90159484
Didn't Bendis hate the whole superior thing?
>>
>>90132293
What? What? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????
>>
>>90159391
Because why would clone ben in his secret lab hiding as the jackal get his hair styled just like Peter's?
>>
>>90162415
>but he was clearly planning on doing that anyways.

Was he? Or did Slott just realize at the last second that this whole story makes Otto look like a fucking moron. And decided he can't have his self-insert version of Otto be viewed like that... so "IT WAS HIS PLAN ALL ALONG, GUISE!"
>>
>>90162576
Because he effectively is Peter. Just a psychotic Peter. This isn't hard to follow.
>>
Did crazy clone do anything cool? I really like that anubis mask. And a costume is like 40% of a big two character.
>>
>>90130962
Fucking called it
>>
>>90163654
So did, literally, everyone else. Don't act like its hard to guess a Slott plot.
>>
>>90163654
People called this shit before Superior even ended.
>>
>>90139364
So, he's really back? Superior? Because i frankly think they should give Superior to SLott and free Peter for someone else.
>>
>>90164667
I would like it if this happened. Slot's Superior is entertaining in it's absurd crazy, but Slott's Spider-man is just shit.
>>
>>90164770
>Slot's Superior is entertaining in it's absurd crazy

At the cost of having everyone around SpOck act like a drooling, braindead retard.

If that can be remedied and Slott gets taken off Peter's book, yeah, it could work.
>>
>>90164770
It would be the best solution, because I find that Slott write better stories with Otto Anti-hero assole. It 'clear that he loves the character, whereas with Peter Parker, is a bit' the daily salary to pay the mortgage.
>>
File: hoodieman00.jpg (1MB, 1280x1842px) Image search: [Google]
hoodieman00.jpg
1MB, 1280x1842px
Hoodieman time.
>>
File: hoodieman01b.jpg (642KB, 1280x1842px) Image search: [Google]
hoodieman01b.jpg
642KB, 1280x1842px
>>90164963
>>
File: hoodieman02.jpg (540KB, 1280x1842px) Image search: [Google]
hoodieman02.jpg
540KB, 1280x1842px
>>90165003
>>
File: hoodieman03.jpg (743KB, 1280x1842px) Image search: [Google]
hoodieman03.jpg
743KB, 1280x1842px
>>90165072
>>
File: hoodieman04.jpg (997KB, 1280x1842px) Image search: [Google]
hoodieman04.jpg
997KB, 1280x1842px
>>90165108
>>
File: hoodieman05.jpg (1MB, 1280x1842px) Image search: [Google]
hoodieman05.jpg
1MB, 1280x1842px
>>90165144
>>
File: hoodieman06.jpg (1MB, 1280x1842px) Image search: [Google]
hoodieman06.jpg
1MB, 1280x1842px
>>90165165
>>
File: hoodieman07.jpg (1MB, 1280x1842px) Image search: [Google]
hoodieman07.jpg
1MB, 1280x1842px
>>90165198
new page / stopping point
>>
>>90165214

Glorious. :)
>>
>>90130981
Well played, Otto.
>>
>>90151167
Almost forgot about that.
>>
>>90131297
It's a clone of Kaine. Member "Spidercide 2.0"?
>>
>>90131297
>>90132555

But because of degradation in the cloning process with each clone, the clones became less and less like the Ben we all knew and loved, like when you Xerox a document that was Xeroxed from another document over and over.
>>
>>90171051
The readers do, which means the writers don't
>>
>>90165214
Love it bro. Glad you kept making more pages. Keep it up
>>
>>90137393
It's mostly the fault of a 6 issue mini turning into a 24 issue series.

Plus other than Wolverine pretty much all of Pete's close friends were either too busy to interact (FF and Daredevil) or actively avoiding him (MJ)

>>90143141
People don't recognize Kaine unless it's plot convenient
>>
>>90151167
Good episode .
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.