[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unsounded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: ch12_19.jpg (325KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ch12_19.jpg
325KB, 600x900px
Duane continues to be religious. Preaches to ghost bird.
>>
>>90123183
gotta say, I'm really loving this monologue.

Just goes to show how good of a writer Ashly is.
>>
What's with all the niggers?
>>
>>90123183
Duane is one verbose cucumber.
>>
>>90123271
It's a pretty good lamentation of the human condition, especially in this particular universe desu.
>>
He's going to f i g h t the landscape.
>>
>>90123183
I want to see Duane argue with another Aldishman over thirty, since Quigley probably isn't intelligent enough to argue with him
>>
>>90123277
Bless
>>
>>90123285
>>90123183
Are we gonna find out Ssael was the first Blacktongue? I feel like Tittybird's just humoring Duane's zealous lecturing until the day she finally drops an even uglier truth bomb on his head.
>>
>>90123183
Duane's words dont quite jive with what he's doing. feels like Ashley just slapped some text bubbles over some random khert eyecandy.
>>
>>90123458
>Are we gonna find out Ssael was the first Blacktongue?

I wouldn't go that far, but yea she's going to have to drop the 'lol atheism is real lmao' nuke on him eventually.

What I'm wondering is if she is generally concerned with his wellbeing or if its all just an act to get him to do something for her.
>>
I really like this discussion Duane is having, it shows that his convictions are not so much based on blind faith as an existential need for meaning in an otherwise bleak world. He believes in Ssael because to him the alternative is a living hell from which there is no escape and hope for redemption.
>>
>>90123340
That's the thing though, the existence of magic means their lives are easier than in our world. The Khert only causes real damage when it is misused by humans.
>>
>>90124261
>the existence of magic means their lives are easier than in our world
We just saw how wonderful magic is in the previous chapter, in the horrors its capable of unleashing. Our wars are bad enough without something as nightmarish as that silver. There's probably all kinds of arcane horrors like that littered through the past. Magic gives people power, but it also gives things that hate humanity power.
>>
>>90124005
>'lol atheism is real lmao' nuke on him eventually

Hard to say, Ssael seems to have been a real historical figure that did visit the Khert and come back.

Ssael realizing that the gods were never real and informing the world of that could count as "killing" them especially with the way memories work in the Khert.
>>
>>90124258

I honestly want Duane to be wrong, and all his hopes and dreams to be crushed. I fucking hate Ssael. What an ass.
>>
>>90124456
Is anybody else getting malware warnings from their anti-virus software while trying to view today's comic?
>>
>>90124485
Considering the shit that the Gefendur get up to I hope not.
>>
>>90124456
Didn't say Ssael wan't real, just saying that tiddy birb is going to have to tell him that he never replaced the 4 as his faith teaches him, rather he just died like any mortal man

Assuming thats the direction Ashly is taking the story, that is.
>>
>>90124485
There's almost a 100% chance that the Ssaelit faith is bunk. If only because what Ssael promises is too good to be true. Duane is a hopeless optimist or else he'd realize that by his own logic the fucked up world he lives in could not have given rise to hope as pure as that offered by Ssael.
>>
>>90125180
I have the sneaking suspicion that we're going the "if god did not exist it would be necessary to invent him" route. Whatever force of creation that made the senete beasts and replaced them with people is definitely real. Whether or not they're 'gods' or if the act of worship made them/it 'gods' or if it even matters at this point. Considering the khert is one giant pool of feelings, thoughts and memories it would make sense that some kind of reflection of the people's belief has some kind of form.
>>
>>90123999
He's taking a leap of faith.
>>
File: SQUISHDARLIN.png (417KB, 284x664px) Image search: [Google]
SQUISHDARLIN.png
417KB, 284x664px
Look at this Squish.
>>
>>90126744
Even the squishes want Duane to be their papa.
>>
I like this comic so much sometimes I just want to hit people in the face. Ashley the world may be rotten and evil but you make it less so with your cool art and self.
>>
File: Duane08.jpg (178KB, 490x730px) Image search: [Google]
Duane08.jpg
178KB, 490x730px
>>90127252
I love how the squishes love Duane.
>>
>>90127470
For all his bluster, Duane is essentially walking good juju. Makes sense the embodiments of good memory shit in the khert would like him.

Might just be in comparison to the other guy they've been putting up with, though.
>>
File: Duane05.png (108KB, 173x244px) Image search: [Google]
Duane05.png
108KB, 173x244px
>>90127553
Those squish sure were not fond of Ashley's husbando.
>>
>>90127553
Nah I think you're right, Duane is a fundamentally good person, one with flaws of course, but a good person nonetheless.
>>
>>90123277
Come on man, there arent even any on the page.
>>
>>90127575
Bastion is Ashley's husbando. Murkoph is just her fetish outlet.
>>
>>90127661
They are all my husbandos, even Sette.
>>
>>90127709
At least we know you don't have shit taste.

Any news on when the volume 3 run will be?
>>
File: volume3_cover.jpg (209KB, 500x763px) Image search: [Google]
volume3_cover.jpg
209KB, 500x763px
>>90127773
Uh, in 2017... I keep hitting speedbumps. I'm going to Seattle for a week next Wednesday, so that's going to slow me down. Going to try and finish colouring the cover this weekend before I leave though, and if I do I'll throw it on Patreon.
>>
>>90126722
>No matter the plunge, the Khert will catch me and I will live again
>>
File: P1000081.jpg (798KB, 1613x1210px) Image search: [Google]
P1000081.jpg
798KB, 1613x1210px
>>90127873
It's not right, but when I give Abaddon crap for his terrible Image release of Kill Six Billion demons, I used your wonderful Unsounded volumes as a visual comparison.

Hopefully he gets it together from this point on.

Mightily enjoying your work, glad to have it in my collection.
>>
>>90127873
>that Mikaila

My heart. Finally I can have true suffering in the palms of my hands.

But seriously, can't wait for the Volume 3 Kickstarter, a buddy and I are eyeing the cameo tiers.
>>
>>90127927
Oh, really? I hadn't heard that release was badly thought of. I bought it because I adore Abaddon's work but the print was really dark. Was that the complaint?

Print is hard as fuck though, man, especially when you're doing all this on your own and don't have any experience with it. And when you use dark and really saturated colours like K6BD and Unsounded do. It's all about curve adjustments and even then you're just crossing your fingers and hoping your Chinese printer thousands of miles away doesn't just shit aaall over your faaaaace.
>>
>>90128162
I got a copy as well and the complaints I heard were it being a bit dark like you said and the size of it. The pages of the comic go all the way to the edges of the pages of the book and the spine so some of the big spread pages lost some of their content.

Another one was just size, the book is a bit small to do his pages justice. He said the next volume will hopefully be standard trade size but then Volume 1 will be mismatched size wise with the others.
>>
Ahh, I gotcha, thanks. I've never read the web version, so the size thing didn't bother me. Hella dark though, I'm surprised a big publisher like Image didn't have one of their print guys helping him out more. Useless leeches.
>>
>>90128560
So sayeth the maven of self-printing. I'm sure they'll get it right next time.
>>
There's something really funny about Duane musing about existential dissatisfaction with the state of the world while casually getting in a fight with the scenery.
>>
>>90127873
Are you thinking of doing a little story or bonus in the back of this volume?
>>
>>90131110
Absolutely. I have three possible topics and I'll put it up to a vote when the time comes. I'm leaning towards a short comic or story about Duane's first fight as a professional duelist, as I think it'd be a fun character piece and also describe Aldish dueling, which would give additional context to how Duane and Quigley fought in chapter 5.
>>
>>90131506
Oh, that sounds interesting and fun!
>>
File: YES.jpg (88KB, 912x317px) Image search: [Google]
YES.jpg
88KB, 912x317px
>>90131506
>>
>>90131506
DANG that sounds fun!!
>>
>>90130466
God help me, it reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes sledding.

>>90131506
Speaking of the Aldish, why/how does Alderode have that weird plat/blond/copper/etc. caste system? I feel like I missed the story there.
>>
>>90132094
Don't worry about it yet. That'll be relevant when the story moves to Alderode.
>>
>>90123183
>shhh. I understand
>>
>>90132428
Understands why humans kill, or could she have a fighting past herself?
>>
>>90132094
The Khert is 'mutated' around alderode and it causes people born there to be sorted into the caste system with all it's effects.
We know this mutated khert can be spread by the Aldish with their 'khert hubs' but we haven't been given any indication as to why it exists in the first place.
>>
>>90132749
Pymary is just extensive reprogramming of the Khert, the Dammakhert was likely invented by the Aldish for their own purposes, the extremes create individual extremely useful to the Aldish.

Plats are incredibly powerful at Pymary, having been used and still being used by all counts as child soldiers in the war against Cresce. While their formal training won't equal someone with a longer lifespan, teach them the basics and you have a powerhouse Cresce can't match in a simple 1v1.

On the other end Coppers live around 400 years and with their extended lifespan make for excellent governmental leaders when your intent is maintaining a delicate balance of power, continuum of leadership is invaluable. They have the time and resources to invest in learning the intricacies of the world that no other really can.

The Khert Hubs are the source, feeding the reprogrammed information to the Khert so that the land under its control follows its laws instead of the natural ones.
>>
>>90132952
Don't they have some sort of weird empathy caste-hivemind thing too? I think I remember reading that but can't find where.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.