[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You DO realize all of this shit is drawn out, badly acted, terribly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1042.jpg (42KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1042.jpg
42KB, 600x300px
You DO realize all of this shit is drawn out, badly acted, terribly shot with bad action scenes, right? Just because they swear in these doesn't differentiate them from the shitty movies.
>>
File: IMG_1043.jpg (51KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1043.jpg
51KB, 1400x700px
Two episodes in and The MCU's efforts already BTFO. What went right?
>>
Yeah, but at least they're different shows with different plots and different structures. So they aren't nearly as bad as the movies. Also

>>>/tv/.
>>
>>90117390
They're literally just as bad despite the, not following le infinity gem memery
>>
>>90117371
>>90117390
>>90117510
>>90117338
>>90117338
You smell like ass.
>>
>>90117532
I smell like your mother's ass.
>>
>>90117338
>comes to /co/ to shitpost about television shows
Fuck off back to /tv/. No one on /co/ but you redditors give a fuck about Netflix.
>>
>>90117338
There is no swearing.
>>
>>90117566
What does he mean by this?
>>
>>90117571
Isnt there an active thread on a shitty cw superhero show right now
>>
>>90117338
1/10 bait, let's do this by series.
>DOOMdevil
>Great fight scenes in both seasons, 7/10 Punisher/Elektra subplots in season 2. 5/10 main plot puts it above most other shows.
Overall I'd give it an 8/10, it's so far the best.

>JJ the Jetplane Jones
>Main plot is fantastic, stupid 'victims' subplot had me skipping many scenes. Copman subplot had me only slightly interested.
>Tennant and Ritter were wonderful in their roles, I wish we got just a bit more out of them together.
>"guided falling" pissed me off. She can fucking fly in the comics, and it's not that hard these days to do it.
>Rather lackluster action scenes really brought this series down for me.
5/10 total.

>Luke Skywalker
>Marvel/Netflix managed to make a gangster main plot not suck ass, a solid 7/10.
>Great fight scenes.
>Luke, I am your brother. That whole thing gave me a giggle.
>They then go and make it highly political, constant blm-levels of wasted dialogue.
>Seriously who the fuck gives a lecture about black history with a gun to their head?
7/10 total. I really enjoyed the overall story and flow of the series.

>Iron Dong
>Not out yet
>Looks like it's being loyal to the comics so far
>Loyal to the comics means ZOMG how dare they cast Danny Rand as a cis white male!
>7/10, may become an 9/10 if they manage to sneak in references to the Immortal Warriors storyline.

Plus they've done a pretty swell job of tying these shows together, not just with each other but with the main Marvel universe. I don't know what dope you're on, but these are probably my favorite installments in the MCU so far.
>>
>>90117768
How does it feel being so easily entertained?
>>
>>90117640
He's probably shitposting in there too
>>
>>90117798
How does it feel not having a stick up my ass and demanding that everything be completely perfect for me to enjoy it? Pretty good, actually.

How about you? How's DC doing with tying all their shows and movies together? What's that, they're not? Oh no, that sucks.
>>
>>90117338
Yes. Daredevil S1 wasn't very good and everything after was hot garbage.
>>
>>90117850
Triggered because I have standards, anon? Kek
>>
>>90117850
Anon didn't even mention DC and you already took some shots. Easy that autism up, famicom.
>>
>>90117850
>assuming he's a dcfag because marvel's shows suck
Lmfao
>>
>>90117798
I feels wonderful, thank you
>>
>>90117640
>talkback thread with actual discussion that wouldn page 10 within a few minutes on /tv/
vs
>two sentence shitposting thread that will reach 200 posts due to the amount of easily butthurt anons who need to defend their faceless corporations
If you think any meaningful discussion or content will come out of this thread you're retarded.
>>
>>90117850
>he actually cares about MCU's synergy
Holy fuck
>>
File: 1468125145828.png (158KB, 444x430px) Image search: [Google]
1468125145828.png
158KB, 444x430px
>>90117768
>JJ the Jetplane Jones
>>
>>90117768
>>JJ the Jetplane Jones
>>Main plot is fantastic, stupid 'victims' subplot had me skipping many scenes. Copman subplot had me only slightly interested.
>>Tennant and Ritter were wonderful in their roles, I wish we got just a bit more out of them together.
>>"guided falling" pissed me off. She can fucking fly in the comics, and it's not that hard these days to do it.
>>Rather lackluster action scenes really brought this series down for me.
>5/10 total.

You forgot:
>they caught the bad guy!
>oh no, he got away!
>oh no, he got away!
>oh no, he got away!
>oh no, he got away!

And people were dying left and right because of that. I swear to god the entire thing felt like some sort of obnoxious, live action loony tunes skit. And this guy was an idiot, there was really no excuse for so many of the "good" people in this being so fucking retarded. It was like watching a girl trip in the woods several times in a row while running away from a masked lunatic/monster in a horror movie; you just want her to die in the end.
>>
>>90117798
>>90117510
>>90117338

Oh its one of those threads were the OP just flames people. Alright reported hope the chuckles were worth the ban
>>
>>90118088
>This is the post of a triggered capecuck
>>
These shows badly need to be 8 episodes long, because they are way too stretched out.
>>
>>90118081
And the irony is that the cop is fucking right! Every time they shat on him for making the plans, they flat out do his plan in the end! So they had to make him off the deep end bad so he couldn't tell JJ that he was right! I hate that I can't point out these criticisms without someone shouting "Sexism"
>>
>>90117768

>>They then go and make it highly political, constant blm-levels of wasted dialogue.

I honestly don't know where you thought a story about a bulletproof black vigilante was going to go given the character's origins in comic books.
>>
Angry DCfags continue to shitpost. News at 11.
>>
>>90121025
The problem is that it's way too FUCKING on the nose but I guess asking for subtlety would be too hard for marlel
>>
>>90121025

The fact that they took the Cage's growing up on the streets origin from the comics and made him a son of a pastor from the countryside showed they were trying to make a watered down, PC version of Luke Cage.
>>
>STOP LIKING MARVEL REEEE

I do agree that they are too drawn-out though. The pacing is Netflix's biggest problem.
>>
>>90121243
Cage has never been subtle about racial or political commentary. Luke doesn't do
>>
>>90122216

He was never "do you even know who Cripsus Attucks is?" in the books. That pull up your pants black man would be more Blue Marvel then Cage. Cage was always the urban, blue collar, street superhero.

The Netflix show could've handled the black history thing a lot better. Have Cage be the urban street level guy and Pops lecture Cage on black history and Harlem history. Therefore putting the audience in Cage's seat and making him more relatable and flawed as opposed to holier than thou as he appeared on the show (which again is a vast change from his comic personality).
>>
>>90122400
ah one of those people that think Luke wasn't Black Enough.

How dare he want to hold himself to higher standards.
>>
>>90122504
That's...not what that anon was saying at all.
>>
>>90118081
>And this guy was an idiot
The whole series could be summed up as "idiot trying to catch another idiot". I can't decide who I hate more, the "good" guys or the main villain (not for the reasons a villain should be hated either)
>>
Agents of SHIELD is just so much better than the Netflix shows
>>
>>90117338

Kilgrave and Kingpin were more interesting villains than in any of the movies
>>
>>90124525
and Ward is better than both of them
>>
>>90124560
By the virtue of being a menacing villain rather than a boring manchild, yes.
The only Netflix villain worth a damn is Cottonmouth. RIP Stokes ;_;
>>
>>90117768
>Seriously who the fuck gives a lecture about black history with a gun to their head?
A black man who is tired of seeing niggers be ignorant and kill each other over petty bullshit, that's who. As a black man who grew up in the ghetto yet hates thug culture because it does nothing but tear black people apart that scene was rather refreshing.
>>
>>90122504

That's not what I was saying at all. What the show did with Luke Cage was try and make him for a PC tumblr crowd. They tried to do to much with one character, he was a conservative country ex military and excop on one hand, yet on the other he was supposed to fit into this street level community and be all about Harlem. It didn't work.

When you say I don't think Luke was "black" enough, what do you mean by that? Because there are different types of aspects of the black identity.

What I was proposing was to explore this by keeping Luke Cage (like the comics) as the street level, urban, flawed character who serves as the audience stand-in. Have Pops be the "muh Civil Rights icons" and "muh Harlem Renaissance" character who helps expand and reinforce these things to Cage, and to an extent, the audience. And have Misty be the black conservative, seeing that she's a police and law enforcement.

Instead they tried to completely overhaul Cage's personality (probably thinking the comic version was 'problematic') and failed.
>>
>>90124686
>black man who grew up in the ghetto

It would've had more impact if Cage was actually from the streets of Harlem, NY like in the comics. Instead they made him a son of a pastor from the countryside.
>>
>>90124707
It certainly would have, but these days you gotta take what you can get. At least they had him face the issue head on and not try to pin it solely on white oppression causing inner city youth to lash out. There is only so long that a people can continue to blame others for their problems while not doing anything to fix it.
>>
>>90117371
Haha no.

DD > LC > Legion > JJ
>>
The marvel netflix shows are the only shows I actually would like to adopt the newer "8 episode" format instead of 13 or 10. Every single season has had heroes back pedaling or the villain escaping a number of times. I think that's actually my biggest gripe with these shows.

Like if Luke Cage had ended with Cottonmouth's death (and maybe one epilogue episode) it would've been capekino
>>
>>90117338
Jessica Jones is commendable for having the most convincing villain in the MCU. The Punisher was good, too.
>>
>>90124999
If by "convincing" you mean terrible and shitty, then yes.
>>
>>90125025
All MCU villains have been pretty awful up till now.
>>
>>90117798

>Goddamn it I just can't stand the fact that somewhere out there, someone is happy about something that I don't enjoy. What can I do to try to destroy that enjoyment? I cannot allow this happiness to exist!
>>
>>90117338
All I can say is that Luke Cage was boring as hell.
>>
>>90117768
>Iron Fist
>>Looks like it's being loyal to the comics so far
They changed the revenge plot, though.
>>
>>90117338
Nah.
>>
>>90117768
>>Great fight scenes in both seasons
He's hitting air half the time, fuck you.
>>
>>90125050
name a good villain character
>>
>>90126951
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>90128073
>>>/suckmydick/
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.