[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vision Director's Cut Editions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Vision.png (417KB, 660x374px) Image search: [Google]
Vision.png
417KB, 660x374px
>Months after Tom King and Gabriel Walta wrapped their critically-acclaimed run on VISION, Marvel Comics will be releasing a Director’s Cut edition to give fans the ultimate “behind-the-scenes” experience. For readers who want to see script pages and in-progress art, this is a must-see comic!

https://news.marvel.com/comics/60093/a-vision-of-the-past/

So is Marvel so barren of good content that they're already putting together a director's cut of Vision to milk it dry?
>>
>>90114640
They're putting together a directors cut because it actually sold in trades, to their surprise
>>
File: 1450089080495.jpg (5KB, 190x153px) Image search: [Google]
1450089080495.jpg
5KB, 190x153px
>>90114640
>So is Marvel so barren of good content that they're already putting together a director's cut of Vision to milk it dry?
>TFW Marvel's comics division is the creative equivalent of the DCEU, and is using the same gimmicks to keep itself afloat.
>>
>>90114750
You don't know what a Director's Edition for comics is about, do you casual?
>>
>>90114640
>Marvel acting like King is still working for them despite being a DC exclusive
Sad really.
>>
>>90114640
Well, this is gonna be a must buy for me.
>>
So can I hope for an OHC?
>>
>>90114855
That's the vibe I kind of got out of it.
>>
>>90114941
This is all I care about.
>>
>>90114855
He'll be back soon.
>>
>entire interview about it
>literally no hard details of its format, page count or features

I get it, King is an industry darling but fuck's sake. I just wanna see dem Walta breakdowns and the original uncoloured pages
>>
>>90114640
It's arguably the most critically acclaimed comic of 2016. I'm not saying it's objectively the the best one, just read the first volume and thought it was a decent 3.5 out of 5, but as a follower of comic book related media online, no series got this much praise since Saga. Only Fraction's Hawkeye comes close, but due to the delays and alternating artists it fell off pretty quickly in the eyes of journalists. Let them have their shekels at least it's understandable on some level unlike if they wanted to give a Director's Cut for fucking Unbeatable Squirrel Girl or Mockingbird.
>>
>>90115139
King probably doesn't know anything about what Marvel is doing. He doesn't work there at all.
>>
>>90114640
Don't the DC directors cuts hardly sell, what's the point?
>>
>>90115173
I wouldn't expect him to, but I still expected some info to accompany the announcement
>>
>>90115209
advertizing the brand
>>
>>90115209
They don't, but Marvel doesn't really have any big trades like DC that sell on a consistent basis. Their singular one is Civil War. Can't blame them for doing this.
>>
>>90115209
All DC does in reformat the same 10 books that sell again and again, like Absolute, Noir, Deluxe, Unwrapped, Omnibus, and as of not that long ago boxed set with floppies because people want this I guess?
http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/the-dark-knight-returns-collector%E2%80%99s-edition-box-set
>>
to think the trades only started selling because King became the Batman writer

same happened to Omega Men
>>
File: 13.jpg (2MB, 1800x1384px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
2MB, 1800x1384px
>>90115141
>It's arguably the most critically acclaimed comic of 2016

>tfw Old Man Logan also has great writing(outside that vampire filler), while also having top tier art and paneling, but it's still grossly underlooked
>(granted, it has more violence and less philosophy than Vision, but still)

At least the run with Lemire and Sorrentino will continue for a year or so more.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.