[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's dead /co/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: Charger Teleport.jpg (544KB, 1845x1349px) Image search: [Google]
Charger Teleport.jpg
544KB, 1845x1349px
He's dead /co/.
>>
>>90114422
No, wait, what, why?
>>
>>90114438
Cancelled, no may solicit.
>>
>>90114422
That's a shame, but I'm not surprised. I'm also not disappointed either. Look at what they did to Viv the moment she stopped being written by her original creator. Do we really want that to happen to Robby as well? Better that he burn out then make it big and get ruined.
>>
>>90114538
>Better that he burn out then make it big and get ruined.
*cough* Kamala *cough*
>>
>>90114538
Anon, Robbie getting cancelled means he'll be relegated ONLY to team books where he's horribly misrepresented by different writers.

Ms. Marvel is still retaining her original writer 3 and a half years in, and Robbie probably would have given they're similar stock.
>>
>>90114422
Well fuck you too Marvel. Nobody wanted your god awful team nonsense, we wanted a damn Ghost Rider book. Christ Cho got more page time than Robbie
>>
Ghost Rider curse strikes again
>>
>>90115286
Pretty much this, hated that he was a guest star in his own book.
>>
>canned already

Not surprised at all. When a book titled "Ghost Rider" barely focuses on the character named "Ghost Rider," people are gonna tune out.
>>
File: 1484390760046.jpg (92KB, 1019x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484390760046.jpg
92KB, 1019x768px
>>90114422
Why the fuck did they think putting Ghost Rider and his plot on six pages per issue was a good idea?
>>
Marvel's execs are throwing up their hands and going "welp, guess there just isn't a market for Ghost Rider anymore."
>>
>>90115479
Because Robbie is one of their few non shit characters right now and after his popularity spike in AoS, they needed a vehicle to advertise other characters not getting enough positive buzz. That's all GR is right now, a fucking ad for other characters. And their plot for them is so lackluster and unoriginal, that they literally just stole DCs Parasite for the villain
>>
>>90114538
>Do we really want that to happen to Robby as well?
That's exactly what's going to happen though. That's the tragedy of this failing is because it means Felipe writing the character is over. It's guest appearances and team books from here on out.

I bet he'll be showing up in Secret Warriors and he'll be appearing in Gwenpool after his book is already cancelled.
>>
>>90115592
God damn it, he was one of the few legacy characters I liked as their own character. How would you guys would have wanted a new series to roll out? I thought it would have been cool to see Dan Ketch try to mentor Robbie, and possible help or make things worse.
>>
>>90115531
On the contrary Ghost Rider was doing so well he was one of their last remaining well received new properties, and therefore their last option to shill all of the characters they want to push who are failing. Editorial mandated team ups with literally whos killed his book.
>>
>>90115765

>X-23
>a literally who

I'll give you Chulk and Silk though. No one gives a shit about them.
>>
>>90114422
What!? Not even six issues? Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>90114422
what happen to Roberto Reyes
>>
File: 1387574019012.gif (976KB, 266x199px) Image search: [Google]
1387574019012.gif
976KB, 266x199px
>>90114422
God fucking damn it.
>>
>>90115917
He makes it to issue 6, issue 6 is April, it's from the last solicit. Eli takes over again, Robin goes full skeletor/Kamen Rider, and he fights the LAPD.

No may solicit or issue though.
>>
File: Shin Ghost Rider.jpg (298KB, 797x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Shin Ghost Rider.jpg
298KB, 797x1200px
>>90116029
>Eli takes over again, Robin goes full skeletor/Kamen Rider, and he fights the LAPD.
>we get to the cool shit right before cancellation
JUST
>>
I have no idea what this thread is about, who died?
>>
>>90114422
when the artist of the comic leaves it goes to shit.
cough cough Kamala
>>
>>90116138
Ghost Rider cancelled, no May solicit.
Which is a damn shame, because I really liked Robbie.
>>
Well that's because they decided make make like his first 4 issues all about other characters that I don't give a shit about.
>>
>>90116644
Everyone keeps saying this.

But did you SEE the initial 12 issue run's sales?!

The truth of the matter is that the 3 other characters was the only thing keeping these first 4 issues afloat.
>>
>>90116191
Not enough to buy his book, evidently.
>>
>>90116847
Well can you fucking blame us? $5 dollar book that barely features its title character? Fuck that
>>
File: ghostrider.jpg (81KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
ghostrider.jpg
81KB, 500x600px
MAKE JOHNNY BLAZE AGAIN
>>
>>90114422
I'm not surprised, just frustrated. Robbie deserves better than this.

FUCK.
>>
>>90114422
RIP
>>
The only good race changed comic character.
>>
>>90114422
Wait what happened. How'd he die?
>>
>one good legacy character
>doesn't feel like a diversity hire like many of the other "new" heroes
>his book isn't even his own book anymore
>cancel his book

Well, that's the last Marvel book on my pull list.
Best of luck with this shit company
>>
>>90115917
I...it was a stealth mini all along!
>>
>>90123878
You'll just buy a bunch of Marvel shit when they relaunch this fall, and they'll keep doing the same thing.
>>
I was gonna buy all of the issues of Ghost Rider to show my support for Robbie then they put Cho and Laura in it instead of him.

Bought She-Hulk instead
>>
I'm still bummed that Robbie Reyes never really got that 'push' if that makes any sense. Yeah he was on AoS but damn I will never understand why he never got the Kamala, Miles, Viv treatment.
>>
>>90124090
Viv didn't get a push outside of Champions
>>
>Ghost Rider #2 (2016) - 37,221
>Ghost Rider #3 (2016) - 22,197

Of course he is cancelled
>>
Ghostrider has pretty much been third wheeling in his own solo title. He's dealing with crime and being bonded to a satanist but instead of focusing on the title character it focuses on everyone else as they run around chasing a fuckin rat.
>>
FUCK
Marvel is a cancer that need to die
>>
Ghost Rider getting relaunched as a shitty Co4 mini will never not be shit, and this is coming from someone that genuinely likes all of the the characters involved.

>>90116689
This guy is sadly right. There was a pretty bad 2nd issue drop and the sales never stabilised after. People blame Tradd Moore leaving the book for Luther Strode v3 for tanking sales, but there was a steady drop even when he was on it. Sales just got worse when Damian Scott took over, but they were never good.
>>
File: pyston.png (556KB, 457x715px) Image search: [Google]
pyston.png
556KB, 457x715px
But my groteaque muscle qts
>>
>>90130320
TITA CUNT

CUNTGIRL, BABY!
>>
>>90125264
So what happens when there's a huge upswing in sales during issue 5 when Robbie gets his book back all to himself, and Marvel realizes Robbie is profitable and they killed their own book with executive meddling?
>>
>>90130601
Then we take a victory lap on our flying pigs over the ice fields of hell.
>>
File: 1407463141842.png (1MB, 1341x732px) Image search: [Google]
1407463141842.png
1MB, 1341x732px
Someone wanna give me a brief rundown of Ghost Rider? I read the first couple of issues with this guy and really enjoyed the art direction. Storyline was alright too.

Did we get a new one after that?
>>
>implying it wasn't low quality that killed this book
>>
>>90130704
It was a title built on 80% visual flair and 20% neat idea.
then they changed the visuals and started dumping on the neat ideas to incorporate it with the stale old Ghost Rider shit that prompted this replacement version in the first place.

The rest is history.
>>
>>90114422
to the surprise of fucking no one
>>
>>90130803
But I remember this being from years ago, how long did the 'first' run last? Did it get a conclusion of sorts at least?

And yeah, it sucks when a new idea is modified to fall more in line with the older classic stuff. I'm not really a fan of a lot of re-imaginings of characters, but at least have the balls to go through with it rather than just waste a reboot to go back to the old stuff.
>>
God fucking damn it.

And you just know Marvel's going to see this as people not being interested in Ghost Rider anymore when it's really that people want to see GHOST RIDER, not "Cho and X-23 guest starring Silk featuring cameo appearances by the All-New Ghost Rider."
>>
File: 1483864130567.png (512KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1483864130567.png
512KB, 1000x1500px
>>90130882

ANGR lasted 12 issues and had kind of an open ending, with Eli (the spirit that gives Robbie his powers) bonding with him permanently under the condition that Robbie only kill rapists/murderers.

Robbie proceeded to appear in nothing else outside of Secret Wars' Ghost Racers, then totally disappeared again until AoS did an arc about him. Now this book is being cancelled at #6 because no one wants to read a Ghost Rider book with almost no Ghost Rider in it.

Of all the major legacy heroes that were introduced between the beginning of 2014 and now, Robbie's had the worst luck.
>>
>>90130967
Well, Robbie got a christmas special (and not a shared one like Gwenpool), an AoS arc that would've been a whole season, and prominent placement in their stupid mobile games.

If anything, editorial mandate forced Cho and X-23 into his book because they know Robbie is good and it was an option for pushing the former two's popularity. They clearly want him to succeed.

He'll come back maybe a few years down the road and he'll fall onto a team in the meantime, count on it.
>>
>>90118637
Bring back Danny if anything. He'd be able to relate to Robbie more than Blaze since their origins are so similar..
>>
>>90115531

They should ask the internet for advice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3xXwB8RXyw
>>
>>90131244
>because they know Robbie is good
His first book was cancelled because of awful sales. He's been getting a lot of pushing from Marvel, decent non-pandering pushing, but his sales were never good. There was a 20k drop on this relaunch from 1 to 2 and another 15k drop from 2 to 3, which is similar to what happened with his last run.

I really do think that Marvel wants Robbie to succeed, but I doubt they had Girlverine and her K-pop friends taking over ANGR's relaunch to boost their sales when Robbie's sales are no better, or are actively worse.
>>
>Tfw no crossover besties in Civil War 2, Monsters Unleashed, or Secret Empire

I was hoping for that steady stream of appearances
>>
It was good while it lasted.
>>
>>90134498

Not really. People only liked Robbie to begin with because of the art. After Tradd Moore left, it all went to shit.
>>
>>90115479
Because apparently devoting all of the other pages to making me think the other characters are douches sounded like a good idea to them. Silk's the only character they're pushing that I've not started to hate so far.
>>90116847
What book? He clearly hasn't had a book devoted to him since secret wars.
>>
>>90134744
I remember /co/ loving the final art drawn by Smith himself when Gabe is possessed by Eli.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.