[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Docotor Strange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: dr strange.jpg (136KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
dr strange.jpg
136KB, 500x360px
Hey /co/, I just recently got into Doctor Strange comics. I am from Germany and they began to publish rencent issues of Strange's adventures here again as collections (5 issues every 3 months or so). I am really enjoying the surreal art and stories so far and all the allusions refering to medical topics. They also re-released and older story arc where Strange met Night Nurse and fought against Dr. Nicodemus, which I also really liked.

I am really not an expert so far and I want to get deeper into the rabbit hole. What stories or single issues or cross-overs are essential and must reads. Weird and twisted are a plus but solid and well developed storylines are also OK.
>>
File: rec threads.png (430KB, 686x309px) Image search: [Google]
rec threads.png
430KB, 686x309px
>>90107702
http://getcomics.info/marvel/doctor-strange-vol-1-3-extras-complete/

Only character I can truly say this about desu.
>>
>>90108748
Wow thanks, I got some work to do I guess.
>>
>>90108748
Genny ;_;
>>
File: Infinity Abyss 3 of 6-17.jpg (457KB, 1200x968px) Image search: [Google]
Infinity Abyss 3 of 6-17.jpg
457KB, 1200x968px
>>90109168
The original Ditko stuff is definitive (and holds up imo, bought the omni recently) so would be a starting rec anyway. If you get to the end of his run and want more, well then just keep reading. I can't single out specific bits in good conscience, it's just that consistent. Heck even his ridiculous mid-life crisis in the 90s had a distinct creativity & flare to it.
>>90109523
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>90109693
>ridiculous mid-life crisis

That sounds actually pretty interesting. Super heroes struggeling orhaving crisis is a concept I like in general. As I told you, I got more in thouch with the recent stuff and here Strange is already suffering from his long and extensive use / abuse of magic and is in some physical parts barely human any more. I like this concept so far... it reminds of an elder rock star having to pay now for his extravagant and unhealthy lifestyle. Plus all the diseases he has are again part of those medical allusions / metaphors that connect just well with a character with such an academic background.
>>
>>90109876
Anon no I was being metaphorical.
Marvel redesigned him to look like Criss Angel since that kind of bishie emo stuff was hot at the time. People loathe that run and rightfully so. I just have a personal soft spot for the sheer weirdness of it.
>>
>>90109996
Oh I see, yeah there were some characters in comic history that went through some questionable redesigns I guess. Still interested how it will work for me.

Thanks again for the help by the way.
>>
File: Doctor Strange by Jason Aaron.jpg (93KB, 322x582px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Strange by Jason Aaron.jpg
93KB, 322x582px
...That said maybe it WAS written as a midlife crisis in-universe too. I can't remember.

Also
>I got more in touch with the recent stuff and here Strange is already suffering from his long and extensive use / abuse of magic and is in some physical parts barely human any more. I like this concept so far
I'm first to shit alllllllll over the current run whenever the opportunity presents itself. As far as I'm concerned, it couldn't be more different from classic Dr Strange comics. Although the latest arc was a big improvement, to its credit.
Not meant as condemnation, read what you enjoy by all means. Rather as context. I just suggested you read ~200 comics, because I really like them. But I like them because they're very different to a comic you like.
>>
>>90110327
*so yeah, like I said: see what you think of the OG Ditko run. That sets the tone for the next 25 years nicely.
>>
Warren Ellis did a small run in the late 90s that was pretty good and it was followed up by a pretty awesome Demattius run before the book was cancelled.

Probably the best oft-forgetten run of Strange.
>>
File: 1466140054431.gif (34KB, 377x297px) Image search: [Google]
1466140054431.gif
34KB, 377x297px
>>90110590
I bet Aaron didn't even read that DeMatties arc.
>>
OP here again, I am not kidding guys, reading through your posts there is some kind of anticipation and hype in my guts that I haven't felt since a long time. Such a great feeling that there is a whole universe before me waiting to be discovered.
>>
File: 1485884954942.jpg (29KB, 217x343px) Image search: [Google]
1485884954942.jpg
29KB, 217x343px
>>90111226
Well shit hope you like it then.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.