[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King's Batman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 22

File: Kingman.jpg (351KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Kingman.jpg
351KB, 1041x1600px
Jesus christ why is King's Batman such an idiot and a whimp? Fucking Holly Robinson gets the jump on him, he'd be dead if Catwoman didn't save his sorry ass. He needed Gotham Girl to bail his ass out in the first arc, too. Not to mention getting his ass beat by Bane and Bronze Tiger.

I mean really I was hoping after all those years of Snyder having Bruce fuck up everything that we'd finally have a book where Batman was a bad ass again, but fuck me I guess...
>>
Part of me wonders if he's trying to avoid going full Bat-God as some writers are wont to do. That's why you get stuff like Bruce sacrificing himself to save a plane or unbreaking (?) his back, but then he jobs.
To be fair, he and his squad managed to out-keikaku Bane.
>>
>>90106650
he should have seen that attack come from a mile away to be honest, this isn't really batgod stuff it's just normal vigilance
>>
I've only ever read Morrison's various Batman stories, and Frank Miller's shitty Dark Knight books.

From the complaints and pictures posted here, I really want to start buying this book. I love that King is out right rejecting Bat-God.

Batman is just some split personality trust fund baby who never went to much needed therapy, and decided he wanted to dress up in a bat fetish suit to beat people up, while claiming he was "serving justice."
>>
>>90106473
I still have hope that King won't stay on Batman as long as Snyder did.
>>
>>90106473
>Not to mention getting his ass beat by Bane and Bronze Tiger.
Well those have precedent.
>>
My read on King's Batman is that he's writing a deconstruction Morrison's JLA Batgod.
>>
>>90107214
that would be impossible since he only read Snyder's run and some major event like Knightfall
>>
>>90107273
Don't wiki which where he got the z list of villains.
>>
>>90107353
>implying namedropping villains means you have read their comics
>>
>>90107424
Which is why I mentioned the wiki because it's where he got all the information about them.
>>
>>90106473
>Complains when Batman is The Bat-God of Prep-Time.

>Complains when Batman is taken down to a human level.
>>
>>90106979
Why do you even want to read Batman comics at all when you clearly dislike the main character and premise so much?
>>
>>90107650
This is /co/ - Complaining & Contrarianism after all
>>
>>90107650
there's a middle ground between the two
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 522x820px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 522x820px
So when Snyder had batman job to the talons and joker it was hack writing,when King has him job countless times it's clever deconstruction?
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 624x480px
>>90108381
>>ifunny
>>
>>90108057
>Anon confuses critical analysis for "not muh Batman.
>Batman runs around in a bat fetish costume.
>Confirmed fur suiter?
>>
>>90108074
It's called discussion, anon. Echo chambers are for the weak.
>>
>>90108381
Exactly, hating Snyder is a meme
Especially now that King is on the book and has done a worse job.
>>
>>90107177
Martial Artist nerd here, i'm really into the dead genre of martial art comics and Bronze tiger was pure dissapointment.

The biggest complain the very few BT fans had all this years is that in the 90's, Batman, black canary and Richard dragon got "power ups" they got better in different arcs. Then Hawke and Cassandra Cain happened, so bronze tiger was a thing of the past, while the others all got better and better all what tiger got was meme tiger attitude.

So this Batman jobbing to Tiger is retarded when we havent still got given a decent reintroduction to the character, so far it was just "look he is cool he can fight with batman".

King has too many good ideas but he clearly is struggling with the characters andthe dialoge
>>
>>90108381
Because in reality anons, a guy like Batman would be dead after a few months going out nightly in a heavy bat fetish suit, geared up with bat themed weapons, and beat up criminals.

In real life, it doesn't matter how good you are at fighting, the human body has a limit. Batman really shouldn't be winning fights against 10 or more armed criminals. No matter how good, single person cannot overcome a gang bang.
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 601x924px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 601x924px
>>90106473. Oh no I'm getting Geoff johns Bat-incompetent flashbacks
>>
>>90108437
>>Anon confuses critical analysis for "not muh Batman.

It's retarded.

>>90108475
Snyder problem was that it was just trying to be Morrison but with a heavy focus on teen edgy fantasies instead of exploringf the weird shit morrison had.
>>
>>90106473
So what was Hollys fucking problem did her character suicide turn her into a sociopathic dumbass too
>>
File: image.jpg (472KB, 1000x1527px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
472KB, 1000x1527px
>>90108551
In real life no one could afford to be batman,two face dies of infection,robin would be worthless and half the bat rogues useless.Its not real like its a comicbook series,Captain America,Batman etc shouldn't be held to something there clearly not
>>
>>90108551

I will tell you a little secret, Batman is a fictional character from a world that has peak humans, a fictional stuff. Humans in their universe are not humans of youre universe, just like Dragon ball humans or Johnny Bravo's universe humans are different from each other.
>>
>>90108381
I dunno I guess Snyder was building him up to being a Morrison level bat-god which meant he'd get his ass kicked enough and go through like five city destroying events to get there
>>
>>90108592
Morrison had to write an older version of the character with most of his canon intact
Snyder was in charge of writing a younger, brasher and newer Batman and did exactly that
>>
>>90106473
Snyder wrote batman as a mental incompetent.

King's batman is just not 100% perfect and capable of doing anything.

I'll still take King's batman over snyder's.
>>
>>90108381
He didn't even job here, 8 days of starving and going crazy. getting impaled, and he still beat the total shit out of that talon right after that page.
>>
>>90108381
I remember loving that issue when it came out. Why do I feel the artist here is better than most of the other issues? Did the inker and/or colorist change?
>>
>>90108646
Oh I really liked this Zero Year backup too.
>>
>>90108750
King wrote Batman as suicidal emo who cut himself when he was a kid. He's hardly better than Snyder.
>>
>>90108920

Maybe you should actually read the comic instead of the clickbait and /co/ headlines about one panel that works perfectly within the context of the story.
>>
File: image.jpg (299KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299KB, 780x1200px
>>90108750
Kings batman ain't alright in the head either,all the repeated phrases,apparent suicidal tendencies and bizarre treatment of the robins,he makes snyders batman look rational,and that's an accomplishment
>>
>>90108920
And don't forget the "there's no Bruce Wayne, only Batman" meme king trying to push.
>>
>>90108920
Snyder batman who had no idea the court of owls had secret bases in all his buildings forever, and then felt the best way to tell dick grayson he was supposed to be a talon was to cold cock him and knock the tooth out that had the implant in it?

Yeah, snyder's batman is a lot worse.
>>
>>90108962
pic not related?
>>
>>90108788
Eh I remember when this was being story times originally people where butmad that talon snuck up on Bruce in the first place and that he had no plan at all.Still kings managed to make snyder Batmans reactionary behavior look like batgod to these people
>>
>>90108750
This is wrong tho.
King's batman is an inconsistent character which bends over to what the plot requires in a manner that feels disjointed to anyone that actually pays attention.

>>90108963
Also no Selina, only "Cat"

>>90108969
>muh dick

I see, this explains a lot
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (278KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
278KB, 450x338px
>>90108920
>>90108963
Someone save Batman from King and make him great again.
>>
>>90108993
Pic very related,king had batman repeat that exact phrase over and over again like a robot te whole issue for...reasons?
>>
>>90109018
>Mention dick because he was in a scene
>MUH DICK OH THIS EXPLAINS A LOT

what the hell is wrong with you? Dick wasn't even the point of what I wrote, it was how batman reacted.
>>
>>90108920
>Batman is not a fucked up emotionally stunted manchild

I love Batman but Batfags that say he's infallible make me hate the character.

Timm's Batwanking probably ruined a generation
>>
>>90108969
Snyder bats was legitimately not well in the head after all the psychological torture the court did,him hitting Dick wasn't out of character at the time and he got better after dicks pep talk
>>
>>90109058
Hopefully, marvel will take him back when his exclusive end and Batman will be saved.
>>
>>90108963
I never liked this idea personally. I understand it's just one of many, many interpretations of one of the most popular fictional characters, but I think it's kinda reductive. Sure, it's interesting, but I think there's a lot more nuance to his personality. Then, again, one could argue there's beauty in having multiple, perhaps overlapping interpretations of a character.

I guess this is just what we're gonna get when we have 75 years of a character written by different people in different societies.
>>
>>90109075
Because it's what people always bring up to show how bad Snyder's Batman was

>omg a guy who just came out of a maze where he drank drugged water for days and almost died needed his hearth to be jumpstarted again with a battery car was mean to a guy screaming in his hear!

yeah, it's a human reaction
go get drunk and have someone scream in your hear the day after, see if you don't want to punch him
>>
>>90109140
But what if Tynion take over? Batman will never be saved until Snyder and his bunch leave the office.
>>
>>90109116
no one said he has to be infallible, stop making your own arguments and proving yourself right so you can hate a fictional character
>>
>>90109173
He was completely calm until he just sucker punched him with precise precision to knock out the exact tooth that had the crap in it.

It was made to look calculated.

If you don't think that's stupid as all hell, there is something wrong with you.
>>
>>90109223
every time a writer doesn't write him as Batgod

we get one of these threads.
>>
>>90109173
He didn't hit dick just cause he was mad at him, he did it specifically to show him that tooth, which is retarded.
>>
>>90109116
Who said he is infallible? And why are you talking about Timm? hgis batman was one of the worst.
>>
>>90109235
>he was completely calm

comics are a visual medium too, he looked tired with giant bags under his eyes and an unkempt beard

>>90109258
he did it for both those reasons
>>
>>90108963
Bruce Wayne isn't Batman Batman is Bruce Wayne whys is it writers keep trying to push the idea that Bruce is just a mask for Batman
>>
>>90109253
>every time a writer doesn't write him as Batgod

You have no fucking idea what the batgod is, fuck off.
>>
>>90109253
most of the people here are complaining about the characterization tho
>>
>>90106473
King's characterizations have been off in general, minus Dick, Damien, and Jason.
>>
>>90109316
And it was stupid.

There's no setup where him decking someone with super bat precision to extract a tooth isn't dumb as shit, and it's all the worse for what was a really really really dumb twist.
>>
File: bronze tiger vs bruce.jpg (436KB, 543x800px) Image search: [Google]
bronze tiger vs bruce.jpg
436KB, 543x800px
>>90106473
>Not to mention getting his ass beat by Bane and Bronze Tiger.

you mean Knightfall and a Bronze age story where a brainwashed Bronze Tiger beat Batman in a straight up fight and killed the first Batwoman ?
>>
>>90109223
Batfags have never forgiven Johns for making Batman wrong or look weak even though Superfags and Wondyfags have it done to their characters all the time. We've never gotten an elseworld where Bruce is evil so shut the fuck up with your whining about how mean people are to Brucie.
>>
>>90109578
>thread about Batman and his writers
>BUT JOHNS ETC.

what the fuck, why are you even here
>>
>>90106473
faggots like you make it hard to be a Batman fan
>>
>>90108475
>Exactly, hating Snyder is a meme

Jesus fucking Christ "is a meme" is a fucking meme. Can this just die?

Criticizing a writer isn't "a meme" or "hating" or whatever bullshit you want to call it. People are allowed to criticize a writer's work.
>>
>>90109618
i dunno man, its not like Johns wrote batman in JL or his guest appearances in GL is it ?
>>
>>90109578
>We've never gotten an elseworld where Bruce is evil

Name one where superman is evil.
>>
>>90109744
He didnt, he wrote the charicature of all he hates about what he knows about batman based on cartoons and 4 or 5 dixon comics. Now the question is why are you talking about Johns?
>>
>>90109578

Batman v Superman
and unlike comics it was seen by millions of people
>>
File: injustice.png (4MB, 1536x1696px) Image search: [Google]
injustice.png
4MB, 1536x1696px
>>90109785
Red Son
Injustice
Injustice 2

do you read comics? I know you don't play videogames

>>90109840
autismo maximo
>>
>>90108551
Do you even understand the concept of fiction? Do you think you're reading a documentary?

If you're not willing to accept the basic premise of the character don't read his books, or comics in general, which often operate on a "larger than life" system.

That being said, you might enjoy the nonfiction book "Becoming Batman: The Possibility of a Superhero by E. Paul Zehr. Dr. Zehr is a professor of kinesiology and neuroscience at the University of Victoria and a master martial artist. He goes really deep into the science behind training the human body, martial arts, fighting, etc. Morrison cites the book as a major influence on his Batman, Inc. run.
>>
>>90109578
We haven't had an evil green lantern,or flash,or aqua man or any other major leaguers but because superman has two bat fangs should be grateful?
>>
>>90109785
Injustice.

The Dark Side elseworlds story.

There's even a universe in DC where superman was a literal nazi.
>>
>>90109578

>we've never gotten an elseworld where Bruce is evil

That's because it happens in main continuity thanks to writers like Johns and Waid and because of this it has become a part of his character.
>>
>>90109840
i want to know where you fucks get the idea that Johns somehow hates Batman, even when he wrote Earth 1 he made bruce a smart guy that actually struggles to solve things but always overcome then in the end
>>
>>90106979
>Batman is just some split personality trust fund baby who never went to much needed therapy, and decided he wanted to dress up in a bat fetish suit to beat people up, while claiming he was "serving justice."

The funny thing is Morrison himself has made this point repeatedly, while also creating Batgod.
>>
File: batman_bloodstorm_p18_panel5.jpg (47KB, 600x318px) Image search: [Google]
batman_bloodstorm_p18_panel5.jpg
47KB, 600x318px
>>90109578
We've also never gotten a universe where you read comics.
>>
>>90109905
>Red Son
Not evil
>Injustice
Antagonist, not evil,
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 878x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 878x900px
>>90109905
>>red son superman was the bad guy
>>
>>90109936
>We haven't had an evil green lantern
Ha.
>>
>>90108548
>i'm really into the dead genre of martial art comics

Can you recommend some books/runs?
>>
>>90109865
The movie didn't actually make bruce out to be evil, and totally pushed him as a hero who was just confused but came to his senses.

Contrasted with all the stories of evil superman, where he typically is a total nazi.
>>
>>90109974
>Antagonist, not evil,
Are you fucking serious, the man that killed captain Marvel is not evil ?
>>
>>90109936
We have had those.

Especially green lantern.

Dude, did you forget the 90s entirely?
>>
>>90108437
Just saying something sucks and is retarded isn't "critical analysis".
>>
>>90109998
Volthoom doesn't count
>>
>>90109954
everyone was a nazi in that universe and Superman was still a good guy
>>
>>90110051
Does Hal massacring the entire GL Corps count?
>>
>>90109968
The vampire stories were about batman struggling to remain good despite the vampiric curse.

He lost at the end when he killed joker and then had Alfred stake him so that he couldn't hurt anyone.

Don't tell people to read when you cite stories you are unfamiliar with.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 436x459px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 436x459px
>>90110031
He said elseworld emerald twilight wasn't an elseworlds,likewise what elseworlds have evil flash,evil aqua man etc
>>
>>90109954
>The Dark Side elseworlds story.
But he wasnt truly evil

Not being the hero of a story doesnt make superman evil. He isnt evil in the injustice shitfest either
>>90109959
>when he wrote Earth 1 he made bruce a smart guy

kek
>>
>>90108963
This interpretation is way older than King, and has been explored by many previous writers, including Morrison.

For example, in many ways RIP was an exploration of this idea.
>>
File: bait co.jpg (4KB, 112x100px) Image search: [Google]
bait co.jpg
4KB, 112x100px
>>90109974
>>90109978
>>
>>90110059
> and Superman was still a good guy

Superman and the JLAxis were not good guys on earth 10, dude.
>>
>>90110002
Except "evil" Superman is always a misguided hero too

In Injustice he wanted to make the world safer
In Red Son he is literally a good guy taking care of the entire planet to a point humans become dependent on him
Nazi Superman was still a good guy saving people and protecting them
even TDKR Superman was just a hero that chose to serve his country and compromise and not an evil one (and if we count TDKSA he was blackmailed into it)

>>90110093
Space bug infection don't count
>>
>>90110023
>the man that killed captain Marvel is not evil ?

Yes he wasnt, just as Batman he was doing shitty things fro a greater good, he is what you faggots get when you ask why don't superheroes just kill their villians?
>>
>>90110104
Earth 10.
>>
>>90110097
>He lost at the end when he killed joker and then had Alfred stake him so that he couldn't hurt anyone.
And then Alfred brings him back to life and he goes on a killing spree.
>>
>>90108969
>Snyder batman who had no idea the court of owls had secret bases in all his buildings forever

Yeah, this bothered me reading the run, even more than jobbing Bats to Talon. There's no way Batman wouldn't be aware of this giant network of bases in Gotham, even in buildings Bruce himself owns and visits all the time.
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 800x657px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 800x657px
>>90109959.>>Spent a decade training l fight crime.Doesnt know parkour.Doesnt understand evidence or basic driving skills.Smart
>>
>>90110156
>In Injustice he wanted to make the world safer
Have you read the injustice comics or played the game?

He's literally insane, and murders/cripples people without provocation while threatening to destroy entire races of people to get them to subjugate to his will.

His parents flat out think he's evil.

Don't try to spin this, it's just a waste of time. You were wrong, there are stories with evil supermen.
>>
>>90110104
Flashpoint had evil Aquaman I guess but it was more to show what a badass he is and how he could fuck up the world if he wanted
>>
>>90109352
Different anon here: please explain the Batgod.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1988x2884px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1988x2884px
>>90110188
Earth 10 also had an evil Bruce,but apparently he doesn't count
>>
>>90110231
The same comic shows that he was a nice guy before the incident, yes he becomes bad after but it's because things escalate

and I am not the guy who said there are no evil supermen, I am the guy saying that Batman in BvS was the villain
>>
>>90110218
I doubt anyone over the age of 6 wouldnt know what evidence is
>>
>>90110206
He literally just had to look at the schematics for any one building he owned and he would have noticed discrepancies in listed heights and such to account for secret floors.

And these were buildings HE was building secret crap into, so you know he'd be paying close attention, plus have copious security of his own that could monitor the building.
>>
>>90110218
post parts from Vol 2
>>
>>90110294
>He was a nice guy before he started absolutely murdering people and threatening civilizations with complete destruction unless they swore loyalty to him

This doesn't in any way mean he wasn't evil, dude.
>>
>>90106473

>Supposed to be one of the greatest crimefighters of all time
>can't even handle a little orphan girl

This character is an absolute fucking joke.
>>
Also why people that complain about Batgod want an evil Batman? Do they realize he would have to be even more "Batgod" to pull it off?
>>
>>90110322
I like the idea of the different construction guys/movers Bruce and the Court hired bumping into each other as they set up their respective bases on different floors of the same building.
>>
>>90110389
"Hey I got a shipment of owl-themed furniture to deliver here."

"Sorry, that goes two floors down, but if you got any bat stuff leave it here."
>>
File: image.jpg (716KB, 959x1472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
716KB, 959x1472px
>>90110263
Bathos is when writers make Bruce hyper competent,never fail,always have a plan super guy.Snyder or Tomasi making bruce a competent crime fighter and league member isn't batgod,having him take out the league or outsmart gods is
>>
>>90110322
IIRC it was explained by how all those buildings have a 13th unused floor for superstitious reasons
>>
The whole calling Selena "cat" thing is kind of gay. Am I the only one who hates that?

It was cute at first but they literally just call each other Bat and Cat instead of Bruce/Selena. It's annoying.
>>
>>90110481
What's that from?
>>
>>90110293
Didn't most of earth 10 league die?
>>
>>90110481
This page is so bad.

Who wrote this?

>Yeah so batman is faster than flash and can punch out wonder woman, yeah, that's good.

>>90110492
13th floor spaces for those reasons are typically small crawl space type areas, not like what they showed the owls having. It was an attempt to cover it up, but it still would have been highly suspicious to even a regular building engineer.
>>
>>90110293
I didn't say he didn't, I just answered a question you asked.

Relax.
>>
>>90110510
luvy duvy people give each other terrible nicknames.

makes more sense than pumpkin or honey
>>
>>90110263
Not the same guy but the bat God was created in the 90s by Morrison, he pretty much took the ridiculous idea of a man being in the league and fighting God's and turned it into some serious shit, Bruce is not longer just a peak human, he can defy all odds, can create back up personalities, can use his memories as weapons etc. There's nothing wrong. About a batgod, the problem is that the batgod requires adventures that go beyond what most writers can offer.

Also batgod and prep time batman are different concepts, batgod is the interpretation of Bruce being the ultimate human hero among gods, prep time is from the 60s it's the batman of the Adam West or Miller that can and will outsmart you or anyone even if doesn't make sense.

Both are really valid interpretations, it's just that some butthurt people gets really mad when their favorite character loses to batman, that being said mediocre writers and popular characters are a terrible thing put together.

The best prep time ever was Zur en argh and the best batgod moment for me was Bruce training to survive the vacuum of space
>>
>>90110574

The league was jobbing to him on purpose to trick him. It's a page that people love to post out-of-context to support their petty arguments about the batgod menace.
>>
>>90110492
The existence of those floors would be obvious from building plans or just looking at the fucking building, not to mention trying to actually build stuff in them.

Batman wouldn't notice construction of elaborate bases in supposedly empty spaces inside buildings he himself owns and occupies?
>>
>>90110777
it's basically just a "character I don't like did something" thing

it's not like other heroes are immune to this
>>
>>90110777
I think you're making a distinction without a difference. Batgod IS Preptime Batman, just taken to an extreme. PrepBat can beat gods because he prepares for everything, even ridiculous things.

It's a single scale, not different categories. Morrison's Batman run Batman is one point on the Preptime scale while his JLA Batman is way down on the extreme end.
>>
>>90110843
they were constructed before he came back to Gotham, some were very old
one of the plot points for the Owls coming out and kill Bruce Wayne was that his new plan for the city would mess with their buildings
>>
>>90110970
There were owl bases in ALL the wayne buildings, even the new ones he had built personally after returning to gotham and being batman.

And it's also not like he didn't retrofit older wayne buildings for batman stuff.
>>
>>90110970
>they were constructed before he came back to Gotham, some were very old

You think Batman wouldn't check the layout of buildings he uses just because they're old?

Hell, even as Bruce Wayne he'd look at buildings he was buying or using when they renovate.

I know that's the explanation Snyder gives, but it's just retarded. "They're old so Batman didn't know" is just stupid.
>>
>>90108057
kill yourself you complete waste of oxygen
>>
>>90108381
i loved this issue, unfortunately snyder went downhill from the next issue onwards
>>
>>90110322
they weren't secret floors, he knew they were there he just didn't realize anyone was using them as a secret network, and he figured it out very quickly
>>
We live in a world where Tynion is writing a better Batman book than King. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>90113409
literally anyone has written a better Batman at this point

Priest in Deathstroke
Humpries in Green Lantern
Orlando in JLA
Tynion in Tec
Snyder in All Star
Tomasi
etc.
>>
>>90109059

I took it as he was using it as a trigger phrase to keep himself focused after he let Bane break him. Although, King may or may not be Bendis in disguise.
>>
>>90113375
>and he figured it out very quickly

Very quickly meaning like 20 years after he started retrofitting those buildings for his batman work, and thoroughly making them "secure" because of that?
>>
>>90114191
very quickly meaning a few days after the court unfroze the first talon and started using the network of buildings
>>
>>90114224
He'd been operating in and building batshit in wayne buildings for DECADES and the owls were there the whole time and he never figured it out.

He was building new buildings while batman with tons of batshit built in and the owls were there the whole time, too.

No, he didn't figure it out quickly, he was totally oblivious for years and years.

That's why it's a weak twist, because it makes batman look totally incompetent. It was SO EASY to find the owl nests, but he just never noticed them literally in his own buildings. He was purposely and meticulously making part of his batman infrastructure.
>>
>>90114301
>for decades

nu52 Batman barely had 5 years of activity back then
>>
>>90114301
>and the owls were there the whole time, too.
no they weren't, they unfroze the first talon since batman became active around when the story started
>>
>>90114370
His history with dick was longer than five years.

At BEST that would mean he was only completely oblivious to something he should have noticed for FIVE YEARS.

That's not "figuring it out quickly," that's grand scale incompetence.

Let alone that if he knew there were unused secret floors in his buildings, why wouldn't he have used those for batshit? Why build extra stuff and not even look at the unused secret floors of your buildings?

Why was he making new buildings with unused secret floors he knows about that aren't for batshit?
>>
>>90114414
>no they weren't,

Yes, they were.

The owls were established as being in the wayne buildings in the story from at least the turn of the century/1800s when that other wayne was killed by them. You also see date markers in the owl bases as batman discovers them via the portraits and the presentation of progression of the technology and materials in the bases as he uncovered them.
>>
>>90114433
He had 5 years of activity at the start of Nu52
A year was lost in zero year when he barely started and had pretty much nothing more than the cave and another base. Considering he is busy missing something isn't so strange.

it's no worse than Batman never realizing that Leviathan was taking root in Gotham until it was too late or other stuff
>>
>>90114470
but that was the first time they used them since batman arrived in gotham
>>
>>90114499
And? The bases were there the whole time. That's the point.
>>
>>90114496
To be fair, nothing about bat timeline made sense in new 52. Damian alone shits all over the timeline horrible, along with the rest of the sidekicks.
>>
>>90114522
?
how would he deduce the existence of bases that werent being used and were not in an unusual place
>>
>>90108570
Earth one Batman at last had a excuse. He was a rookie.
>>
>>90114547
They were inside of buildings he owned and had actively retrofitted to help with his batman stuff, and inside of buildings he built after returning to gotham with the express purpose of building secret batman stuff into them.

To not notice an entire floor would have been impossible even for a basic engineer looking at a building's design sheet vs the building itself.

For batman, who was looking for ways to use these buildings for secret stuff, he'd have to be retarded.
>>
>>90114558
>He was a rookie.

That is bullshit.

Nolan's batman, Timm's, Miller, Legends of the DK, and several more batman stories also had rookie batman, Johns's batman is just plain stupid and incompetent
>>
>>90114547
>and were not in an unusual place
They were literally just unmarked floors in Wayne owned and built buildings.

that is an unusual place. Like, you'd alone notice the gap in elevator service.
>>
File: 1419300842745.jpg (17KB, 300x305px) Image search: [Google]
1419300842745.jpg
17KB, 300x305px
Who do you think writes the best Batman and who do you think writes the worst?
>>
>>90114646
Whoever wrote this writes the worst batman.
>>90110481
>>
File: Batman 03 RiZZ3N EMPiRE pg14.jpg (531KB, 1280x1966px) Image search: [Google]
Batman 03 RiZZ3N EMPiRE pg14.jpg
531KB, 1280x1966px
>>90114631
HE ALREADY KNEW THEY WERE THERE SO THEY WERENT UNUSUAL
>>
>>90114646

Pretty easy tbqh

>Best
Denny O'Neil

>Worst
Kevin Smith
>>
>>90114646
>Best Batman
O'Neil
Milligan
Dixon

>Worst Batman
Morrison
Snyder
King
Johns
>>
>>90114691
He knew of blank 13th floor space, but him NOT EVEN CONSIDERING IT FOR USE OR LOOKING AT IT WHEN HE WAS TRYING TO PUT SECRET STUFF IN HIS BUILDINGS IS RETARDED.

He BUILT some of those buildings himself. LOOKING for places to hide secret shit.
>>
>>90114646
>Best

Paul Dini

>Worst

Anyone else
>>
>>90114725
Not checking out unused space in his buildings when he's doing what he's doing is just bad security.

There's no way he gets out of it without looking stupid.
>>
>>90108850
For the inker, yes. Johnathon Glapion was inker for Greg until Zero Year when Danny Miki took over for the rest of the run.

Also I've noticed Greg not being as dynamic in his visual storytelling anymore when looking back on the Court of Owls.
>>
File: 1464097265224.jpg (839KB, 1926x1474px) Image search: [Google]
1464097265224.jpg
839KB, 1926x1474px
>>90110163
>>90109974
No, fuck you, anyone who kills Mogo is evil in its purest form.
>>
>>90114704
Pretty hilarious you put the man who directly honored the top three with the hacks who never read any Batman and don't understand the character.
>>
>>90115518
>directly honored

you mean the man that is unable to write anything original and has to live on the shoulders of giants always quoting and integrating old stuff because the meta-meme is the only thing his writing offers
>>
>>90114646
>best
Dini
O'Neil
Dixon
Englehart
Goodwin

>worst
Snyder
Conway
Barr
Daniel
>>
>>90110367

He's still one of the greatest crime fighters in DC, he just got blindsided, shit happens.

It's almost as if people forget that Batman, even if a very well-trained and competent human, is still just that, human. It's easy to forget that when all people focus on is how he is supposed to be better at everything than anyone, ever.
>>
>>90116648
>Barr

I agree with your list but I'll credit Barr for three achievements:
The Batman Special (intro of the Wrath)
Brave & the Bold 200
his Alan Davis run (NOT including Year Two)

the rest was mediocre...even by 80's standards
>>
>>90116648

>Dixon

You must be joking.
>>
File: CUT MYSELF INTO PIECES.jpg (945KB, 1600x1230px) Image search: [Google]
CUT MYSELF INTO PIECES.jpg
945KB, 1600x1230px
lol
>>
>>90106473
I don't understand why king treats almost everyone in gotham like they're wolverine.

how did catwoman and bronze tiger survive getting shot point blank? How did the robins survive being hanged, together? That's maybe 600-700 pounds on one rope, the weight would have snapped their necks.

batman gets caught to break his back for the second time in his life, unbreak it, and fight again within minutes.

in pic related batman literally gets killed. but he isn't dead a page later lol.

I just don't understand that vision of the characters. Added to the fact that bruce, in the suit, speaks on the level of fucking gilbert grape. CAt, bat, cat, bat, bendis bants bendis bants. It gets old.

I tried to defend it, I still prefer it to scott snyder, but its just really weird how he views this shit.
>>
>>90109741
/co/ is a meme on a meme of a site on a meme of a planet.
>>
>>90108646
name of issue/series?
>>
>>90119424
it's part of zero year
>>
Kings run is legitimately the worst Batman run I've ever read. And I normally like his other stuff.

I Am Suicide and the Catwoman 2 Parter were both just an out of character mess praised by critics because KING IS BREAKING NEW GROUND WITH BATMAN LOOK HOW VULNERABLE IT IS. But just because it's different doesn't make it good. He has no grasp on the voice of Batman whatsoever so it reads as if he wants to be writing another character but is just slapping those stories into the Batman universe and writing around it.

I think he may think Batman is autistic too. The way Batman repeated one line throughout an entire issue of IAS and how Catwoman and Batman call each other Cat and Bat...humans just don't talk and act the way he writes them in Batman.
>>
>>90118958
That bothers me too. It's hard for anything to have any impact. If characters are constantly getting obliterated and standing right up, how am I supposed to tell when a character actually dies or gets seriously hurt? It's absurd.
>>
>>90119690
While I can't take your opinion seriously if you think this is worse than Snyder, I do also think King views these people as if they're all the "have you seen my baseball" guy from Something About Mary. It's partially hilarious if you read his issues with that voice in mind.
>>
File: kingspeak.jpg (41KB, 330x448px) Image search: [Google]
kingspeak.jpg
41KB, 330x448px
>>90119690
>humans just don't talk and act the way he writes them in Batman
It's also one of those 'cannot un-see' things like with Bendispeak.
>>
>putting an unrepented dickfag in charge of the main Batman book
>>
>>90119854

I only read the Joker stuff that Synder put out and while it was edgy bait for sure it worked on me and kept me interested. I felt like Synder better understood what Batman is compared to King. King just feels like he's ignoring everything that's ever been written about Batman and making fan fiction.

Isn't Rebirth Batman and N52 Batman the same person? Where did the Cat/Bat thing come from?
>>
>>90119854
>>90120324

Oh I also read Court of Owls which I actually thought was decent.

There was never anything GLARINGLY out of place in Synder's Batman whereas nobody in King's feels like who they are. It reads like a bad Elseworlds and I'm constantly ripped out of the book.

The entire infiltration of I Am Suicide had me convinced that Batman had someone impersonating him and that's why they were repeating that one line over and over.
>>
>>90120608
the plan in I Am Suicide still makes no sense
>>
>>90120662

It felt like an excuse to trot out obscure villains.

Did Bronze Tiger even serve a purpose?
>>
>>90108242
I'd say this is it honestly. Batman has done some fairly ridiculous shit in King's run thus far.
>>
>>90118940
>Batman retconned in to a cuter fag
>>
>>90121997
>Midde aground is Batman fighting building sized cronenbergs and writing letters to "Cat" about cutting himself with daddy's razors and Batman being his version of suicide

Wew lad I don't wanna see what the polar extremes are if this is middle ground
>>
because King is a Dickfag intentionally sabotaging the book
>>
>>90116079
Encyclopedic knowledge of a character's history and referencing said history (which is really the whole point of continuity in superhero comics) has nothing to do with originality. You don't write a comic for seven years if you have nothing to say besides one idea and some references.
>>
>>90109918
So much autism. I know it's fiction. That's not going to stop me from pointing out the utter bullshit of Batman, especially when he's on the same team as Superman, any Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Big Barda, and etc...

It's unbelievable the amount of bullshit Batman writers ascribe to him. So when a writer such as King humbles the character and brings him back to his basic vigilante origins I find it a refreshing take on a tired old character.

Then come the batfags crying foul because Batman got his ass beat in a 10 on 1 fight, or someone got the drop on Batman in a fight.
>>
>>90110189
Yeah, because he's a full-fledged vampire.
>>
>>90123707
>humbles him
>first arc is Superman-esque heroes getting their shit pushed in
>second arc is fighting literal monsters the size of buildings
>third arc is flying a plane into a sovereign state getting captured and then going ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU on their ass with Z Listers predicting literally everyone's exact moves in the plan.

I can keep going but Bats is hardly grounded here. It's been pretty fantastical.
>>
>>90109936
Batfags confirmed for retards.
>>
>>90123859
>>first arc is Superman-esque heroes getting their shit pushed in
You are WAY misrepresenting what happened to gotham and gotham girl.

Batman lost out that arc.

The only thing that saved him and gotham was the guy burning out smashing the justice league before he could wreck the city.
>>
>>90123707

>King's Batman
>vigilante origins

Lmao that's rich...How do you fucking figure?
>>
>>90109253
You have a point.
>>
>>90110374
People want it because everyone is tired of seeing retarded casuals say dumb shoot like
>Batman could never go evil! He's too good!
I have literally seen that line written out verbatim on Facebook and Reddit. I'm fucking tired of people treating Bruce as the paragon of all that is good while also making him the biggest asshole ever. He comes across as a complete Sue.

I just want to see Batfags get BTFO for once. So fucking tired of shit like JLvSS where of fucking course Bruce is the only one who doesn't get mind controlled. Why can't we have a villain strike at the League with a mind controlled Bruce? Something like HydraCap.
>>
>>90110510
Don't worry anon.
He's saving first names for when she dies.
>>
>>90124049

Really? Infinite Crisis and Tower of Babel weren't character-destroying enough for you? You sound like a petty little cunt. And who gives a shit what you read "verbatim" on fucking reddit? I see tons of people here type some really hateful shit about the character every thread that involves him in any way, and many that don't.

Not to mention in stuff like Forever Evil and JLvsSS he's honestly nothing but a useless punk the entire time, DC just whores his mug out for sales. Hell even in Tynion's 'Tec and King's Batman you honestly wonder how the fuck he manages to tie his shoes without teammates to bail his ass out.
>>
>>90121919
>obscure
>Bronze Tiger
Found the casual
>>
>>90120662
>Gotham girl has been driven mad by fear due to the psycho-pirate.
>only Psycho-pirate can cure her.
>Psycho-pirate has been sold and is now bane's bitch.
>Batman gets a team to get Psycho-pirate.
>wesker because he's the secret weapon
>Catwoman because they were lovers and because Catwoman is undeniably Batman's superior when it comes to speed and stealth.
>punch and jewlee because Punch is the only man who has escaped from Bane's prison.
>>
>>90124332
>batman and Catwoman hatch a secret plan to get close to Bane.
>Bronze tiger gets fake killed so he can do some sneaky covert ops shit
>punch and jewlee exist to get Batman out of a sticky spot
>>
>>90124260
>infintis crisis and tower of babel were character-destroying
These stories didn't destroy the character, the fans did. They took these stories and went the extra mile with them.
>>
I wish they would drop him from the book. I wanted to like him, and was going along for the ride with Gotham Girl and the like, but knee deep into that Bane book with the backs and the cutting and the cat and the bat...
And that shit with the robins?
How long is this going to go on?
How many issues until somebody else?

I also feel like he's only doing bane for the cia memes. It was funny before I knew he was such a small guy. Anybody else feeling like he's just making it camp like Batman '66? The burger joint is funny, but it just feels like too much of that and you have bat repellent and King Tut...
>>
/co/, get Grant Morrison's cock out of your mouths. His run was a lot of convoluted nonsense.
>>
>>90109186
> Tynion> Snyder cancer.
>>
>>90113543
>literally anyone has written a better Batman at this point
Tomasi
>>
>>90114646
>writes the best Batman
Tomasi
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.