[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He'll come back one day, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Anti-Venom.jpg (31KB, 258x388px)
Anti-Venom.jpg
31KB, 258x388px
He'll come back one day, right?
>>
Eddie's already back, as for the anti-venom "symbiote"....wasn't it destroyed or killed or something?
>>
MUH VENOM EDDDIIIE trumps organic storytelling, OP.

Antivenom is never coming back.
>>
>>90105041
How would an Anti-Venom series even work? I'll be honest I haven't read that story in forever now but wasn't the gimmick basically just he's Venom again without really being Venom, oh and he can cure diseases

And also wasn't it destroyed? It always seemed pointless to me from a story telling perspective, it would be like Spider-Man losing his spider powers, realizing people still like Peter Parker, but giving him Anti-Spider powers and instead of blue and red he's red and blue
>>
>>90105193
They messed it up. Ironically the only person to write Anti-Venom properly was Slott, with Eddie basically acknowledging he was nuts and trying to do better.

Then Wells just put him back to the old tricks in his mini killing a lot of people and Remender made him go Jesus Freak again with his usual samevoice characters.

And yeah they used all of Anti-Venom to cure Spider-Island. Shame. It did feel like a natural progression of Eddie's character after all he had gone through.
>>
>>90105674
I suppose but I still think the Anti-Venom concept, and the story of the symbiotes in general, has all gotten needlessly convoluted

I don't see why Eddie couldn't have the exact same development while still being Venom all along, him losing the symbiote in the first place seemed like a sloppy shot in the dark and so has most symbiote related shit since then....hell, that Marvel in general since around that time probably....just blind shots, throwing crap at a wall waiting to see if anything sticks and nothing ever does
>>
>>90104796
The remnants of the Venom symbiote in Eddie's bloodstream were fused with his white blood cells and Mister Negative's powers. White blood cells live 3 - 4 days, so naturally your body produces more and they come from various sources.

To cure everyone during Spider-Island, Reed Richards had to use "all" of Eddie's white blood cells.
>>
>>90106090
>Reed Richards
who's that?
>>
>>90105896
Nobody NEEDS to change, but that happens in stories sometimes.

The way Eddie went, he seemed to realize that while in the suit he was giving in to selfishness and greed that he shouldn't. If you want him as a hero and to grow, Antivenom makes more sense. He's still hypocritical, but taking babysteps away. And while not handled well in the story, the temptation to make it a religious thing is a good element to keep the conflict of the symbiote situation alive.

You COULD just have Eddie be Venom forever, but it makes more sense and gives you more artistic freedom if you don't.
>>
>>90106543
What I'm saying though is why couldn't Eddie come to the very same revelations without the need to get rid of the symbiote only to host a new one....it just makes history messy

How many times did Batman need to stop being Batman in order to have character development? Or any classic character really?
>>
>>90106668
See, that's kind of the problem right there: you're taking the cynical viewpoint that the companies have. The characters don't HAVE to loop back around in the end. Bruce Wayne can give Dick the mantle. The symbiote is not superglued to Eddie's ass. Flipping it back thoughtlessly is inorganic and trivializes previous stories.

That's why people were so receptive to Antivenom and gave Flash a chance. Plenty of characters had evolved in a similar way in the past and Eddie hadn't been Venom for about as long as he WAS Venom at that point. He had no reason to become Venom again. Making him Anti while giving Flash Venom seemed like an affirmation from Marvel, "Okay, we know this costume makes money, but we aren't going to butcher this story for that."

Really, the question should be the other way around. "Why change" has a pretty simple answer: "because staying the same makes less sense." But "Why go back?" Aside from nostalgic pandering, there usually isn't a satisfactory justification.
>>
>>90106668
His development while Antivenom was written because they got rid of the symbiote in the first place. It's not like they plan this shit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.