[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's co opinion on Warren Ellis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

What's co opinion on Warren Ellis?
>>
planetary/10
>>
>>90100080
He is not what he used to be.

I mean, he is not Waid, but Karmaki or his Secret Avengers weren't exactly good books.
>>
Never a dull moment with the guy.
>>
there is no hivemind.
>>
He’s smart, and knows what readers want more than most of his colleagues. He understands how to write for different audiences, and give those different people what they want.

I’ve seen an interview with him. They asked him how can you make cape comics interesting if you know the heroes aren’t in actual trouble of dying, because they will continue to be published, or they will eventually come back to life.

His answer was “You’re implying someone who read superhero comics wants to see the hero die” and “Superhero comics are rescue fiction. The action doesn’t come from threatening the hero, but threatening the world around him, and see how he will save it”.

He knows cape/pulp readers want action and characters being smart and cocky and triumphant and he gives them that. He can be political or controversial, but keeps the heaviest stuff for his personal projects and more indies book, and when he writes something mainstream, he steers away from that kind of subjects, or brings them up more lightly, and just goes for the plot.

He’s a great pulp writer and his books always have some of the best action scenes.
>>
>>90100080
A commie
>>
File: oh good, my laundry is done.png (381KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
oh good, my laundry is done.png
381KB, 640x480px
>>90100285
>>
>>90100414
I believe every word I said.
But you did made me laugh out loud, so I forgive you.
>>
>>90100080
His music is alright.
>>
Some people accused him of recycling between his novels and comics, I wouldn't know, I only read his comic work. Otherwise he has this weird tendency of purposefully clouding the central plotlines of his stories while detailing sidestories and characters to a needless degree. Both of his most recent works, Trees and Injection are guilty of this. Otherwise he is one of my favorite writers, Transmetropolitan had a great impact on my life and Planetary is a better genre deconstruction than Watchmen ever was.
>>
an alcoholic who likes jerking it to psuedo science terms
>>
His Dick is a good length and I enjoy sucking it
>>
>>90100080
he's done some good stuff and lots of bad stuff. Someone who needs a good editor telling him no to keep him from getting lost up his own asshole
>>
I'll never forgive him for dropping Fell and Desolation Jones. Why can't he follow up on his strongest ideas
>>
>>90100080
I think he's pretty bad and he writes things that I would've found cool at 16.
>>
I'm really curious on what he did with Castlevania.
>>
>>90100673
It's been around 10 years in the making. I think I once asked him about it on scans_daily.
>>
>>90100080
You know what would be awesome?
If he wrote a main character that smokes.
>>
>>90100080
i had a long post about my opinion on him but my computer broke, and the shop i sent it to have it repaired caught fire.
>>
He's ok, but closer to Millar than to Moore
>>
>>90100645
This.
>>
>>90100633
Fell and Desolation Jones (along with a few other books like his Newuniversal stuff) were victims of his hard drive crashing years ago. He didn't have it backed up and he lost a bunch of material. Most of the books he didn't bother finishing again.
>>
Ellis is my favorite comic writer. I acknowledge that he does rely too heavily on a particular personality type when writing characters. However, that's why like him. I love Ellis for all his talent and shortcomings. His comics make smile and are fun to read.
>>
Edgleord.
>>
>>90100455
I know, yet he gets so pissed if you ask him to sign records, what's the deal?
>>
He's smart and stupid and often that works out very well and sometimes it doesn't.
>>
>>90104116
Lol. He is a bit of an edge lord. Then again he grew up in 1970-1980 Great Britain. That was a formative time period that gave us the best edge lords.
>>
>>90104174
How many items are you asking him to sign? His policy on signing things is a strict limit of one or two items.

If you are asking him to sign a huge pile of shit he's going to tell you to take a hike.
>>
I always get him mixed up with Garth Ennis because their surnames sound similar.
I did like Transmetropolitan though.
>>
>>90104454
Transmetroplitan is a classic.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.