[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gotham

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: penguin.jpg (14KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
penguin.jpg
14KB, 600x300px
Not sure if this should be on /co/ or /tv/, but I'd rather discuss it on /co/.

So I've been watching some clips of this on Youtube after dismissing the show as shit back around Season 1. Besides some really awful bullshit, I kind of like the portrayals of some of the villains, notably Penguin and surprisingly fucking Joker. I can't believe I typed that. Even the Riddler wound up being likeable in the long run, and he was the main reason I fucking bailed on this show initially.

Everyone on this show seems to fluctuate between being good to hammy/awful, and I can't even tell what the show wants to be, but it's not as offensively bad as I thought it was.

What does /co/ think of it? Worth watching in full, or trash?
>>
>>90095594
Season two was fun and cheesy as hell, but I kinda lost interest afterwards. The big twist character from the end of the season shows up and does fuck-all for a couple episodes before leaving, and Penguin literally went both full Trump and gay for Riddler.
>>
>>90095674

The gay for Riddler thing was interesting, at least from the scenes I watched. I kinda like that dynamic between them and I'm curious as to where it goes from here.

But again, I don't know what kind of tone the series is going for. If it's supposed to be fun/cheesy, then okay, I get it.

But then it feels kind of gritty and loses me, despite my usually digging that kind of thing. It just seems like it has an identity crisis
>>
>>90095594
I really like it. Tends to slow down in the middle of both season 2 and 3, with the Galavan and Hatter arcs respectively, but it ramps back up and the end making it worth it.
>>
>>90095808

How is Mad Hatter? I haven't really watched many clips of him but he looks like this guy I knew in college. It's uncanny.

That said I'm really surprised how much I actually like Jerome/Joker. I showed a few scenes to a skeptical friend of mine and even he was like, 'okay that's surprisingly good.'

Mr. Freeze was hilariously awful though. Not gonna lie. Not Arnold-bad, but just fucking weird
>>
>>90095934
pretty creepy actually
>>
>>90095934
He's a lame-ass stage magician. Good actor but I feel they over stretched his use. There's all these colorful wacky villains and interesting subplots, and we're sitting through another episode about a deranged hypnotist.
>>
>>90095594
Gotham is probably the best cape show ever made. The first episode is weak but everything else is gold. Penguin, Bullock, Alfred, Strange... Everybody but Fish.
>>
The more ridiculous it is, the more I like it.
When Jerome was introduced I was really hoping they wouldn't try to make him the Joker but he just got better as it went on. I couldn't stop rolling my eyes at the Riddler/Penguin thing, but I like where they went with it. In fact, the only thing I disliked at first that didn't get better was Fish, and she went away.
>>
>>90095934
Fucking boring.
>>90096391
>low standards of this board strike again
>>
>>90096398
It was like... 3 or 4 episodes total. They had the right idea in doing mini arcs this season. Fish, Tetch, GUILTY and Jerome all needed to burn hard and fast, they couldn't sustain entire season arcs. The Court of Owls just burning in the background is the right way to go about it, with short primary arcs and a larger arc just unfolding in the background.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.