[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Problems with Steven Universe's Alternate History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 477
Thread images: 60

File: Steven_Univere_Killed_Russia.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Steven_Univere_Killed_Russia.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
Why does Steven Universe have such a different history of humanity?

For those of you who aren't familiar, SU apparently does not take place in our Earth but a version of Earth where things took place differently. Here are some big and small examples:

>World War II never happened
>America wasn't colonized by Europeans till much later
>Kansas is now Hollywood now for some reason
>Russia has a giant crater
>And a bunch of other smaller stuff

I have two problems with this whole decision to change so much of SU's history from our own Earth's.

First, regarding the big stuff like WWII not happening and Russia being mostly gone. This really feels like a softcore version of Earth. One where past wars, racism (Thanksgiving doesn't exist in this world and I wouldn't be surprised if they say slavery never existed either), and other bad things humans have done have been written off as never happening.

It really presents a cookie cutter version of humanity which really hurts the theme of the show. Rose is always preaching how humanity is so great. but remember that's not actual humanity she loves. It's a version of humanity where any bad stuff that might make humanity as a whole look bad just never happened which makes everything black and white and easy to comprehend. Humanity = Completely good

That and there and there also the smaller stuff they made up like Kansas apparently being a big central for movie making and bunch of states having different names (Pennsylvania = Keystone State, Delaware = Delwarva, etc). These are not as big of a deal as the whole retconning history but they just add to the loss of my suspension of disbelief and my disconnect to the story when the Earth they keep praising is not actual Earth. The worst part is I can't actually see a reason to change the name of the states among other small changes other than why not.

Anyone in /co/ feel the same or actually like the alternate reality the SU writers put in place?
>>
You're making a lot of assumptions when all the show has shown is that Russia's landmass got btfo at some point in history.
>>
And for those of you who are about to say its because gems interfered with human history in this universe:

That's fine to have little changes here and there (I guess you could argue that big crater is justified) but I'd argue that they wouldn't have had to change that much like removing an entire war from history to show that gems had an effect on humanity
>>
No, because it's an alternate universe, ya' dingus.
>>
File: your move anon.jpg (181KB, 566x582px) Image search: [Google]
your move anon.jpg
181KB, 566x582px
>>90071646
Staff like Matt Burnett have confirmed World War 2 as well as Thanksgiving and other holidays do not exist in the SU Earth.

You see different names for states in multiple episodes and Kansas is shown to be like the world's version of Hollywood in one of the Petey episodes if I remember right.
>>
Rebecca Sugar wanted an alternative universe for extra leg-room for creativity, but sadly, the Earth itself isn't interesting at all.

Now that you point it out, I don't like how humanity is perceived as good, we humans are composed of equal amounts of terrible and terrific beings. We have had tragedies, victories, disasters, miracles, and everything that truly define us as a society of a planet.

The only reason Russia is fucked up is because of the gay abuse there, and it's obvious that Sugar hates Russia for that, so she decided to fuck it up for that very reason. Pretty psychotic, if you ask me.

Another thing that bothers me is how the North-West part of Africa has been broken off and welded into the East of South America, that's a rather weird thing to change from our current world. It also confuses me how half of Australia and the entirety of India is deleted, why did that happen?
>>
>>90071777
>why did that happen?
fusions of mass destruction
>>
>>90071656

It's the butterfly effect plain and simple. A small change in the past can lead to drastic changes in the present. Entire chunks of Russia not existing, a thousand year war which took place roughly just before the time of the pyramids in our world and countless humans killed during it. Leading to different rulers of kingdoms making different choices leading to different historical events.
>>
>>90071777
My little theory on Russia being fucked is the Tunguska Event Plus potential gem ruins/equipment going extra nuclear.
>>
>>90071777
Word on the street, and by that I mean fan theories, is that is where the flash happened and that is why the crater is there.
>>
File: persecution.png (9KB, 221x276px) Image search: [Google]
persecution.png
9KB, 221x276px
>>90071777

>The only reason Russia is fucked up is because of the gay abuse there, and it's obvious that Sugar hates Russia for that, so she decided to fuck it up for that very reason. Pretty psychotic, if you ask me.
>>
>>90071838
Yeah, but from a writing perspective, even if the Earth is affected by gems, wouldn't you want to portray humans and their history rather closely if humanity is one of the big topics of the show.
>>
>>90071878
Not really, if you're going to do an AU with that long ago of a divergence point, I'd go ham on it and have my way with history. And why keep it mostly the same? The point of an AU is the differences.
>>
>>90071777

>Why did that happen

Homeworld was literally reshaping the world in preparation for turning it into a colony. The projected finished colony shows just how drastic the reshaping was going to be so moving, removing or repurposing the mass of entire continents is not that far fetched.
>>
>>90071625
i hated how pearl went on about knightship as if she learnt it before the gem war
>>
>>90071625

>This really feels like a softcore version of Earth. One where past wars, racism (Thanksgiving doesn't exist in this world and I wouldn't be surprised if they say slavery never existed either), and other bad things humans have done have been written off as never happening.
There wasn't WWII, but there definitely were wars in general.
There are tanks and fighter jets.

So I think its just another way to play with audience.
"Try to find all differences between SU world and real one"
>>
>>90071906
Fine then, but personally then if you're gonna change history then go all the way.

The thing that annoys me is that the SU writers is that they think they can have their cake and eat it too. If you are gonna change history, do it but don't make it about the same human race as ours if it clearly isn't. Its not game breaking just slightly irking.
>>
I still don't get why humanity is totally ignorant of the fact that there was a large scale war between Earth and an alien species.

Apparently the crew's logic is that it's ancient history and so ingrained into them that they don't find it interesting? But it doesn't feel right to me.
>>
>>90071625
I think that what you complained about was very specifically the goal. I think that humanity was whitewashed because the story that they wanted to present was never about Steven and the gems facing the darker side of humanity. You can wonder, what is the united states government doing about doing about superpowered alien beings living in their coastal cities, how does the international community feel about these beings that can teleport to any point on Earth without forthought, what kind of religions and cults came up around the gems in the early days, why the gems are not helping rebels in Syria, yadda yadda yadda. and the creative team can just go "nope, different Earth, didn't happen, Fuck you."

You can make an argument that cutting this stuff away could make for a tighter, more on-point piece of work in the end, but this is fucking "70% Towny episodes" Steven Universe we are talking about.
>>
>>90071992
Yeah you'd think that the gems would ever get approached by a military or government in all those years at least once.

The only political figure they ever meet is Mayor Dewey and he doesn't want anything to do with the gems except Pearl
>>
>>90071992
If the war ended 5000 ish years ago, then it is ancient history, so ancient the records of which are crumbling and potentially unreliable. Considering that the Gem have probably been doing clean up operations all this time, its likely that the humans know but not enough.
>>
>>90071625

Maybe the humanity of this world really IS better than us, BECAUSE of gem interference.

And I can't imagine Rose just sat on her big beautiful ass for 4500 years after the war. I mean she can't have been fighting gem monsters ALL the time, can she?

Actually it's weird. After the war, there must have been thousands of them - maybe millions. The world would have been profoundly affected by this. There is no life form on Earth that can compete with gem monsters, so they are all effectively apex predators, and many of them behave in dangerous, even insane ways.
We may even be looking at a minor extinction event.

Even if the Crystal Gems set out to poof and bubble them immediately, it would have been years, if not centuries before their efforts made a notable change for humanity and animal life on Earth.

Given the rate at which the Crystal Gems hunted and poofed gem monsters at the start of the series, there must have been hordes of them 4500 years ago. And even now, after thousands of years of doing this, it still often takes them immense effort.

(Which reminds me: there should be an episode in which they poof the Last Gem Monster on Earth.)

Anyway, I'd say it is very likely humanity is quite different. The world must have been like the world of 'The Walking Dead', except instead of mindlessly shambling corpses, humans were dealing with screaming, flailing, super-strong monstrosities.
>>
Russia's "giant crater" is this probably:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event

Very little of inhabited Russia would exist in the crater
>>
>>90071625
Rose doesn't love humanity because they;re good, she loves humanity because humans can choose to change

and you gotta remember the full extent of the influence
>massive war between godlike aliens circa 5000 years ago, the dawn of civilization
>people getting abducted by godlike aliens left right and centre
>several turbo-nuke like weapons used as indicated by geological devastation
>kindergarten's make previously fertile land uninhabitable
>when the war finally ends, a few of the godlike aliens stay behind and declare certain locations forbidden zones
>a huge number of godlike aliens are left as insane bioweapons due to corruption
>America wasn't founded until like eighty years later than it was in our world, it had no native humans, and wasn't founded by christian pilgrims like in our world
>no Russia means no Tsars and no USSR

according to the principles of chaotics its a miracle that society in SU is even slightly recognizable compared to our own
>>
>>90072017
I guess you gotta point there then though there are definitely more creative methods the staff could've used to cover those plot holes or even just subtly implement them into the story without making it too focused on that besides just going "nope, different Earth, didn't happen, Fuck you."
>>
>>90072067
No one ever said it was a good thing
>>
File: 250px-IgnikaEdited.png (134KB, 250x325px) Image search: [Google]
250px-IgnikaEdited.png
134KB, 250x325px
>>90071625
Did I really inspire you, OP, into making this thread?, i'm honoured.
>>
>>90071777
>The only reason Russia is fucked up is because of the gay abuse there

...Dude, you're supposed to take the pills EVERY DAY.

>>90071872

A blast capable of making a crater that large in 1921 would have led to a global extinction event. No. That's not it.

>>90071912

This is more likely. I still favor the "Siberia is where Pink Diamond emerged when she was born" theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popigai_crater

>>90071992

How much do YOU know about ancient history? There was nothing the humans could do.

Except make a religion. THAT is what surprises me most: that there are apparently no gem-based religions, especially based around Rose Quartz, who is practically a Mother Goddess archetype - plus she protected humanity first from giant alien warriors and later from alien monsters.
>>
I feel like the main reason humanity seems so much softer is because the crystal gems accidentally domesticated humans, not to the same extent as zoomans, but still pretty badly.

Like if immortal beings who can defeat your armies say you shouldn't fight each other, that you shouldn't worship them and they haven't seen any indication of anything being there that you should worship, and most importantly, stay away from those weird ruins, that shit echoes on a cultural level, even if the CGs later try to make themselves forgotten.

Just because we know how flawed they all know doesn't mean ancient humanity would have the same understanding, so it seems entirely possible humans have been conditioned by the gems without the gems really getting what they've done (or they did realize it and that's why they really withdrew from humanity)
>>
>>90072087
Wow. Humans worshiping gems and making religions out that. I know SU is a kid's show but they got away with that kind of stuff in AT and even just hinting at that would be a lot more interesting than the human episodes we have now.
>>
>>90072059
>>America wasn't founded until like eighty years later than it was in our world, it had no native humans, and wasn't founded by christian pilgrims like in our world

Was the suggestion really that Dunce Dewey was the first European to set foot on American soil?

Also have we ever seen any indication of Native Americans?
>TFW there never were Indians in the Americas in SU world

Also: What do you mean, no Russia? You do know Russia started in what is now Ukraine, right? Not in Siberia?
>>
>>90072103

Tend to agree. Quite a few religions have fairly violent beginnings. Of course, Rose and her band would have to be aware of this, and willing to break the Prime Directive, but can you really ignore the cries of the innocent?

I imagine Pearl would probably mop up slavery rings on the principle of the thing.
>>
File: 168.png (3MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
168.png
3MB, 4000x2000px
>>90071777
>The only reason Russia is fucked up is because of the gay abuse there, and it's obvious that Sugar hates Russia for that, so she decided to fuck it up for that very reason. Pretty psychotic, if you ask me.

Hard to argue against triple sevens, but I think the giant crater in Russia has more to do with the fact that the biggest diamond mine is there and if you look at Pink's mural in the moon base, she looks like if she was emerging from the ground.
>>
>>90072112
If they can get away with having lesbians brainwash a young kid, I think they can get away with a kooky religion.
>>
File: 1476393729599.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1476393729599.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>90072049
I do love your post man, but I found one serious problem with it, based on what the show shows us.

>And I can't imagine Rose just sat on her big beautiful ass for 4,500 years after the war.

Common sense in my thinky-brain says this should be true.

The show makes it very clear this is bullshit though. We see her not know what the fuck a baby is. Some people says that it's just because she's never dealt with a baby before. I counter with; She's preaching about how she loves humanity. She's been with us for 4,500 years. Rose has had to spend some time around humanity for loving us so much. Even a cursory glance and observation of culture (as made clear when Pearl mentions knighthood) could show what a baby is, or at the very least realize how it should be treated.

But she sees that baby, and goes "lolwtf this? A tiny human, lol! So cool. Never saw one before."

So two possibilities.

1) (Most Likely) the writers are pretty bad at keeping things consistent, sacrificing logical character evolution and storytelling for slapstick or what they consider endearing character traits

2) She did sit on her ass doing jackshit, catching the gem monsters here and there before hiding away. This also shows she did love humanity in the same way the 70 year old lady loves her cats. Which also lends weight to the idea that Rose Quartz is a sick bestiality-loving whackjob that thinks "that other animal has a nice rod. I'mma rock him."

Stuff you said about the potential extinction of man and hunting monsters? Spot on.
>>
File: 1487469721319.gif (326KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
1487469721319.gif
326KB, 500x263px
>>90072150
Holy shit, I never considered that.
>>
>>90072049
>There is no life form on Earth that can compete with gem monsters
Sadie took one out with a sharpened stick
>>
I really don't like cartoons that take the "oblivious/stupid humanity" approach like Steven Universe (and to use an example of a cartoon /co/ likes, Star Vs.)

Humans see magic and if they're not a main character they just stare like a dumb sheep and either scream or aren't interested at all. Those who are main characters are interested and they're the only ones. It just comes off as lazy. "We don't really want to have to explain the relationship between people and the unknown/magic... it's just a plot device for us, a convenient way to throw in some action sequences. It doesn't matter"

Say what you will about Gravity Falls, but the government took an interest when crazy extradimensional shit started to happen. Most cape heroes are either beloved icons or on the run from powerful organizations but there's clearly a response there, a statement about how humanity is handling this strange unknown.

Imagine X-Men, but Storm flies everyone around like a fuckin' bus and nobody gives a shit. Xavier uses his mind powers to get free ice cream at the local parlor as a throwaway gag and nobody cares. On a daily basis Cyclops wrecks up the nearby forest with laser beams and the world collectively shrugs.
>>
>>90071656

It seems like this world's history must have diverged from our own many, many millions of years ago, just looking at that map. When Africa and South America tore apart, a much larger portion of the landmass went west with South America than in our history. Assuming the gems arrived on this earth a few thousand years ago, things were already significantly different by the time they arrived and not everything that's different can be put at their feet.
>>
>>90072113
>Was the suggestion really that Dunce Dewey was the first European to set foot on American soil?
that's the impression I got. and when he found the crystal gems they said 'what the fuck are you doing? this land is no place for Humans' which sends the impression there were no native humans living there either

>What do you mean, no Russia?
I mean Russia as a superpower. Honestly it seems like no nation on SU Earth is what we would consider a superpower
>>
>>90072220
And yet they still figured out space flight and satellites somehow.
>>
>>90072150

Pink Diamond confirmed for being Russia-born.
>>
>>90071777
The gems triggered second impact.
>>
>>90072159
I thought she said it took her a long time to figure out babies were small humans, and considering how obvious that is, taking a decade to not connect the dots is shamefully long. While it's true she didn't understand an infant's lack of capabilities, that could be because no one was dumb enough to give their baby to the pink goddess.
>>
Something that bugs me is that Steven is supposed to be this link between Gems and Humanity or a way for Rose to see what it's like to be human, but he rarely ever does the stuff a normal human boy does.
He doesn't really live a normal human life which kind of makes the whole half human half gen thing pointless. American Dragon did it well with showing Jake being able to be a link between the magical and human world. Steven doesn't really do any of that.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 640x640px
>>90072049

Wasn't there an episode where Sadie of all people actually managed to defeat a gem monster with a stick or something?
I need to rewatch the first season.
>>
>>90072258
Good point. He doesn't go to school. And, besides occasionally meeting with Beach City denizens he doesn't really do any human stuff.
>>
>>90072258
In fairness, /co/ collectively cums for Avatar and while they make a big show of being "the bridge", Aang and Korra both didn't seem to be super comfortable with the spirit world. It's kind of the opposite situation, where the bridge interacts with humans almost constantly and it's just kind of expected that spirits get in line or get whapped on the nose
>>
>>90072155
>lesbians brainwash a young kid

Are you for real?

>>90072159

Agree with that mostly. It's kind of shocking if Greg was the actual point where she realized humans were not 'pets'.
(Did Rose convince or inspire Pink Diamond to create a zoo for humans before she rebelled? "My Diamond, I fear for the fate of these beings if we pursue the creation of this colony..."(later) "Look, I built a zoo for them! That was a great idea you had!" "B-but...")

Then again, she said "I'm not a real person". How native did she go? Did she start to think of humans as superior?? Because humans can grow and change, and they can become different things regardless of where they came from...

Also I just checked... Rose does not give an indication of WHEN she figured out babies are human. It could be before the Rebellion started. Another inspiration?

We NEED to see a flashback episode of what triggered it.

...Now, as I said before on another thread, time travel is a thing in the show. It's such a giant McGuffin it beggars belief. But where did the hourglass even come from, and if it came from Homeworld - the only logical explanation - why isn't Homeworld changing the past?

Anyway, Steven will have to meet his mother at some point. The combination of his intense longing for her - and by the way, thanks for the giant cock-tease that was "Storm in the room", Sucrose - and the effective existence of time travel in the show makes it dramatically inevitable.
How far in the past will he meet her?
>TFW Steven meeting Rose Quartz before the rebellion sets the whole damn thing in motion
>Connie has a fit when he explains it to her
>>
>>90072270
Humanity, Fuck Yeah!
>>
>>90072280
Kind of upsetting that we didn't seem more spirit world nonsense in TLA. Any time we did see them it was just plot related but I wanted occasional episodes where Aang had to deal with rouge or angry spirits like the episode with the giant panda.
>>
>>90072150
>Pink diamond absorbed all of Russia to be born.
Now that's a scary thought.
>>
File: Russia.png (969KB, 987x1331px) Image search: [Google]
Russia.png
969KB, 987x1331px
>>90072186
>>90072270

...Yyyyeah, but... but... that was Sadie. She's like...

God damn it.

>>90072220

Russia didn't become a superpower because of Siberia. As you see, Siberia doesn't play a big part in the country's economy.

I am more interested in what such a gigantic inland sea would do to Russia's climate.
>>
The only thing this map makes me wonder the most is how there's a side character who is clearly Indian when India was apparently blown apart.

Must've been a hell of a time for them Maheswarans.
>>
>>90072458
Magic carpets man.
>>
>>90072473
She can show you the world.

What's left of it, anyways.
>>
File: image.jpg (620KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
620KB, 1920x1080px
You know, all this talk about humans and gems got me wondering.

Could modern Earth stand up against a full-on Homeworld invasion?
>>
>>90072491
No.
Unless they have Torchwood or the MIB.
>>
>>90072344
>Siberia doesn't play a big part in the country's economy.
isn't it still a major trade/shipping route?
>>
>>90072491
Absolutely no fucking way. Even taking into account modern warfare, which doesn't seem to exist in SU, I doubt we'd have a chance unless our tanks were made out of Diamondium or some sort of shit.
>>
File: Steven-Universe-World-Map.png (294KB, 1200x713px) Image search: [Google]
Steven-Universe-World-Map.png
294KB, 1200x713px
Let's see...
>>
>>90071777
Funny how no human for 10,000 years ever explored and tried to make use of gem tech/magic.

I'd imagine the Soviet Union would risk human lives to bring back ayy tech.
>>
>>90072514
I'm not that guy but I am pretty sure most Russian shipping is via the Baltic, see St. Petersburg
>>
>>90072458

India is vast. But "Maheswaran" is a Tamil, ie Sri Lankan name, but Priyanka is not. Forbidden love?

>>90072514

Key word: "shipping". Plus such a vast sea would crate new fishing resources. I would love to know more and I never will...
>>
>>90072148
>Rome falls 1000 years earlier because "slaves are bad mkay?!"
>>
>>90072557

If there ever was a Soviet Union. But I guess there could have been - as said, most of Russian life takes place outside of the affected area anyway, and if anything the Siberian Sea would create new resources, new possibilities.

On the other hand: No second world war, so maybe no first world war, either. No first world war, no Russian revolution, no crippling of the European hegemony or motivation for the USA to become a military superpower.

I realize none of this will ever be answered. The format of the show is all wrong for that. It's a vexation.
>>
>>90072552
What the fuck does SU have against Australia?
>>
>>90072606

Well, it would have caused a significant change in their society. But Rome wouldn't have fallen for lack of slaves. Our society has no slaves, we have poor people prepared to work AS slaves for, in practice, the same cost.
>>
>>90072608

>All of Western Africa gone
>"What happened to Australia?"

Dude. Not cool.
>>
>>90072622
I doubt the gems would be content with the other option of just mass genocide

>Ok, we can't enslave these prisoners of war or their families, guess we better kill them here

Rome and hell most ancient empires would have to go.
>>
>>90072608
They must really hate Abbos.
>>
>>90071625
>Writing an entire essay over the setting of a children's show
>>
>>90072608
No one likes Australia in cartoons. It's the rules.
>>
>>90071625
It takes place in Sugar's safe space, where everybody is just an aspect of her childbrained self, nothing evil happens because that makes her inner child cry. All the conflicts boild down to misunderstanding because she can't project herself in real evil people, and assume everybody will listen and obey to her truth, that she can't conceive as relative.
tl:dr : It's a teen fiction from a middle class white girl whose biggest life drama was being late to school once.
>>
>>90072633
You what mate?
>>90072647
Bloody hell...
>>90072658
Fukken pussies.
>>
>>90071777

Really? You think that's the only reason Russia's a shithole? Get out of your basement, dude.
>>
File: 080.png (356KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
080.png
356KB, 640x480px
>>90072673
>>
File: Ms-era018.jpg (119KB, 340x220px) Image search: [Google]
Ms-era018.jpg
119KB, 340x220px
>>90072608
FUCKING ZEEKS AT IT AGAIN

EVEN IN THE GAY ROCKS SHOW
>>
>>90072702
M80 i'm new, what the fuck is a zeek?
Don't ya mean wog?
>>
>>90072651

>in /co/
>expecting good time management
>>
>>90071719
>no holidays
Does it means that christianity and maybe other religions does not exist?
>>
>>90072557
I briefly imagined a potential episode involving a secret experimentation program by the Japanese government attempting to create bioweapons by infusing humans with gem shards extracted from monsters (that are basically kaiju)

One giant reference to Akira mixed with Guyver, possibly introducing a counterpart character to Steven that was made to be a gem-human hybrid artificially rather than naturally.

It sounds weeb as fuck, but this is Steven universe we're talking about so I wouldn't put it past them to actually do something like this.
>>
>>90072633
But most of north Africa is cared about.
And most of west Australia is colonized.
Not a lot of damage but still...

>>90072729
Affirmative...
>>
>>90072729
Matt claim that to be the case.
>>
File: 1486078791322.png (24KB, 115x131px) Image search: [Google]
1486078791322.png
24KB, 115x131px
>>90072729

I don't know.
Looking back at all the speculating in this thread I think its safe to say that the world building in this show leaves much to be desired.
>>
>>90072738
Because Steven is the least curious teenager in history
>>
You're all taking the setting way more seriously than you should. SU just doesn't have detailed, coherent worldbuilding because it's not a priority. The focus of this show is character, relationships, family, dealing with past and such. There is no government interference because plotlines fueled by "realism" would just move the focus away from what's actually the heart of the writing. There is no need to have worldbuilding just for the sake of it.
>>
>>90072738
SO MUCH MORE!
But this is what I get...
>>
>>90072729
Just Abrahamic religions for not being progressive. Maybe Jews can stay but only reformed ones that are pretty much atheists.
>>
>>90072716
It's a Gundam thing, the shooty-stabby cartoon robbutts.
Space Hitler's faction, Zeon, throws a fucking space colony at the Earth. It hit Sidney and fucks up the continent.

And it keeps fucking happening, in every goddamn series.

Clearly all Space Hitlers, Diamonds included, just fucking hate Australia, man.
>>
>>90072702
>No MSG OVA starring an angry Aussie GM pilot from Operation Odessa to Axis
>>
>>90071777
Sweet summer child.
>>
>entire world's ocean stolen
>no one gives a shit

Most of all not the writers
>>
>>90072651
SU is not really a children's show though.
>>
>>90072752
Well at the very least it could be "accurate".
>>90072760
Holy hell on a bike mate.
>>
>>90072770
Humanity is just a plot device in SU and largely inconsequential in the grand scheme of the narative.
>>
>>90071625
Because like all the shows by pseudo-intellectuals influenced by anime having an alternate world adds "more layers" and "mistery".

Also because these people are creatively bankrupt so the best they can do is ape and copy other stuff because they never had an original thought in their mind.
But the fanbase doesn't care as long as they can jerk off to stones and claim that the "emotional" moments in the show are well made and "meaningful"
>>
>>90072643

That's not the only option though.

>>90072647

If Jared Diamond (sic) is correct, there were maybe 300,000 "Abbo's" in all of Australia, and whatever affected the continent seems to have mostly struck the desert.

>>90072673
>You what mate?

I noted your apparent attention for Australia as contrasted with your utter lack of concern over what happened to Africa.
Mate.
>>
>>90072752
>SU just doesn't have detailed, coherent worldbuilding because it's not a priority
just say "they don't care because they are incompetent" at least it wouldn't make you sound like an hypocritical ass licker
>>
>>90072773
the target demographic is 8-12yo's.
>>
File: Gihren.jpg (165KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Gihren.jpg
165KB, 1280x960px
>>90072760
>Clearly all Space Hitlers, Diamonds included, just fucking hate Australia, man.
Drawfags, Yellow Diamond in dressed as Gihren Zabi, stat.
>Our fight is sacred, our cause divine. My beloved sister, Pink Diamond, was sacrificed. Why? The war is at a stalemate. Perhaps many of you have become complacent.
>>
>>90072736
>But most of north Africa is cared about.

>Morocco gone
>Algeria gone
>Tunesia gone
>Nigeria gone
>The entire Sahel region and most of the west coast gone
>Bye bye Congo

It's a frickin' massacre. I just wonder when it happened. And how.

>>90072783

"Colony drop" is a trope for this reason.

>>90072795

There's some valid criticism in there under all the bile.
>>
>>90072800
I looked at the map bottom right to upper left, and I live in Australia, of course I'm going to notice that first.
>>
>>90072827
I am a self-hating SU fan to be honest
>>
>>90072827
They've had worse, Australia hasn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 900x610px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 900x610px
>>90072803
but he's right
the entire show revolves around the title character, but more importantly on the power of relationships and the ways people can change, or at least that's what Sugar says
>>
Why are there black people in america if there was no slavery?
>>
File: 0.jpg (244KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
244KB, 1920x1080px
>>90071625
>>90071878
>It really presents a cookie cutter version of humanity
We know for a fact that Humanity still got its share of blood. I mean, World War 1, I mean the Great War happened after all.

I think it's quite likely that after millennia of non-interference, when the gems saw the horror of the 14-18 war, they put a bit of their weigh to make sure something like that would never happens again.

But the notion of empire and conquest are known to human being ins the Steven Universe universe.
>>
>>90072859
WE WUZ 'SPLORERS N SHEIT
>>
>>90072859
Legal immigrants.
>>
>>90072817
In his defense, a lot of CN shows can also be targeted at early teens, i.e. adventure time and regular show, not to mention the demographics of internet fanbases.

That being said, it's still
>Writing an entire essay over the setting of a cartoon
>>
>>90072859
When the new world was discovered, there was also colons from African countries coming there.
>>
>>90071625
>show with a certain agenda creates a fantasy world where nothing bad has happened to humanity while lesbian space rocks superior to humanity is out and about fucking around
>hack writer that pretty much ruined AT with MUH DRAMA screws around with uncreative names for her fictionalized world
Gee, who would've thunk.
>>
>>90072869
I want them to see the 100 years war.
>>
>>90072803
I can see why you would think that if you'd see SU as a scify show. But while SU has signs of sience fiction, it's not really that at all - it's Harry Potter at most.
>>
File: 0.png (605KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
605KB, 1920x1080px
>>90072869
And the DogCopter 3 trailer show that human are at least familiar with the concept of modern military forces.
>>
>>90072859
same reason black people have been around in europe for thousands of years without being slaves
>>
>>90072885
>where nothing bad has happened to humanity
see>>90072869
>>
>>90072608
Uluru/Ayers rock is a giant gem in disguise.
How fucked are we?
>>
>>90072087
>A blast capable of making a crater that large in 1921 would have led to a global extinction event. No. That's not it.
We literally see Gem tech can eat the earth.
>>
File: volbat.jpg (1MB, 1848x1377px) Image search: [Google]
volbat.jpg
1MB, 1848x1377px
>>90072557

Gem technology is magic and light-based to boot.

Can you control light, anon?
>>
>>90071777

Russia is a hellhole anyways, even ignoring the state-sanctioned homophobia. Good riddance.
>>
>>90072836

I think most of us are.

I don't hate myself - but I do accept my inadequacy.

>>90072845

They've had worse than total annihilation?

>>90072859

Presumably for the same reason white people are there.
>>
>>90072087
>>90072112

This. Gems are even made of light and use holy iconography.

I imagine that New Ager crystal people are also less stereotypically feminine and actually pull their weight in this universe
>>
>>90071625
so without WW2, and therefore NATO, this means that the world was never convinced to use intermediate rounds, and probably still think .30 calibre is the way to go

maybe the US army is still rocking the M14, or even an M1 Garand
>>
>>90072017
>>90072067

I guess you people missed the FENCES around the temple and the palanquin...
>>
>>90072990
Warfare and disease and eventual lives or exterminatus which harms one to five generations?
>>
>>90072932

Uh... whut now?

>>90072964

So? Are you suggesting it's not a crater at all, but more like the spreading area of something like a fungus?

>>90072981

Russia isn't gone, just a chunk of Eastern Siberia...
>>
>>90071625
It's a show for kids under ten. You're not supposed to care this much. This is genuinely insane and you need to grow up. These are jokes! Gags! Japes!
>>
File: Real.jpg (121KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Real.jpg
121KB, 600x600px
>>90072995

>>90073021

Is that worse than being removed from existence altogether? And, again, Australian Aboriginals mostly inhabited the fertile east coast. Not the desert which appears to be the affected area.
>>
>>90073042
Bullshit, when I was under ten I appreciated the worldbuilding of bionicle.
>>
>>90073056
Population now, population then.
Now it's millions.
Then it was a thousands at the most.
>>
>>90073032
>So? Are you suggesting it's not a crater at all, but more like the spreading area of something like a fungus?
More like the start of the transformation of earth that was never finished.
>>
>>90072288
>Also I just checked... Rose does not give an indication of WHEN she figured out babies are human. It could be before the Rebellion started. Another inspiration?
It's still weird, though that she still thought babies didn't need protection.
>>
It's kind of interesting to see the parallels to NGE in this show. Except Steven is the robot and loved.

I recently finally saw Evangelion, no bully.
>>
>>90073082

That would cause less of an upheaval... but if the draining effect is similar to that in the Kindergarten, Russia might be depopulated after all. Or rather, never have gotten populated.

>>90073084

I have never heard of a black culture existing in Europe for thousands of years, mon frère.
And what do you mean by 'subhumans'? People who travel using the tube? U-boat crews?

>>90073104

True. But some young animals are very capable at a very young age.

Still, it's weird. No, inexplicable.
>>
If an alien race were to have landed thousands of years ago, subjugated our early ancestors, left signs and landmarks of visitation throughout the world, left a group of alien degenerates behind to clean up the mess that was made, harvested mass amounts of natural resources and caused intense damage to our land masses, our history would probably be a bit different as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's a fucking cartoon.
>>
>>90073032
>Russia isn't gone, just a chunk of Eastern Siberia...
Western Siberia. But, yeah, I don't understand where people get the whole "Russia doesn't exist" thing. The vast majority of Russian population was always lived in the european part i.e. west to the SU crater thing.
>>
its almost like ideologues have to contrive parts of reality to fit within tidy conceptual boundaries
>>
>>90073219
>blacks are subhuman
boooo
>>
>>90072150
>Pink Diamond confirmed for Slav
and nothing of value was lost
>>
Half the wars and shit in hostory probably would not have happened if we had aliens around fucking shit up.
>>
File: 1472408424895.png (429KB, 728x936px) Image search: [Google]
1472408424895.png
429KB, 728x936px
>>90072869
>To prevent another war like the "Great War" from happening Rose Quartz warped around to every national leader and fucked them into a state of bliss-filled ecstasy
>>
>>90073219
>blacks are subhuman

You're a fucking tool. Please go away.

And go read some books.

Tool.
>>
>>90073286

I have to question that though. If she wasn't even close enough to humanity to realize human infants are practically helpless - which is a mistake Jane Goodall, or perhaps more appropriately Diane Fossey, would not have made - I have to wonder how up she was with human sexual mores.

Greg must have taught her a lot.
Yeah, yeah, "The men who came into her life time and again" and by the way, men? All of them? Way to go.

Too little is done with the profound alien-ness of the Gems.
They're not just not human, they're not just extraterrestrials, they're not even organic.
>>
>>90073286
I imagine pearl could seduce hitler but rose...
>>
File: Rose O Face.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Rose O Face.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>90073321
>The men who came into her life time and again
That's not all the came into...
>>
File: mpv-shot0025.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0025.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
Did the diamonds terrify anyone else?

They just seemed so... powerful. Like I'm literally struggling to understand exactly how Rose destroyed her. It doesn't make any sense. They can wipe out an entire line without a single thought.

Also it's interesting how Amethysts and Jaspers are considered Pink Diamond's gems, but Pearls are universal. Is it because Pearl's an organic substance IRL, or because they come in all colors? What about iridescents like Bismuth (or even elements)?

>>90072150
Interesting that Pink Diamond's diamond doesn't light up in her own mural.
>>
>>90073321
Jane Goodall wasn't fucking her monkeys.
>>
>>90073418
That moment when she snapped out of her perpetual mopey mourning and became ice-fucking-cold out of suspicion was amazing.
>>
>>90073295
de hippie spacing
>>
File: stevenshiggy.jpg (88KB, 710x500px) Image search: [Google]
stevenshiggy.jpg
88KB, 710x500px
>World where advanced aliens changed the course of world history and tectonic plates for thousands of years
>Present day looks exactly like our modern world
>>
>>90071920
PLOT TWIST: the rebellion occurred during the Middle Ages, which lasted much longer than they would have, due to the corrupted Gems everywhere and general devastation.
>>
File: mpv-shot0033.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0033.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>90073434
They did a good job with them. I always already nervous from Garnet and Pearl's reactions, and then to see how large they were and how incidental everyone else is to them. Yeah, when she suspected Sapphire I was on edge.

That reminds me though; we assume that Steven was crying because he was around Blue Diamond, but he only cried in Korea and when he saw the other Rose Quartzs. Pearl had a PTSD episode the moment they brought up the palanquin too; maybe Steven was feeling Rose's emotions instead.

Just what the fuck happened in Korea? Why was Pink Diamond so concerned about human life? Jasper and Amethyst are kinds of quartz, why does Rose have magic healing/life giving powers? Why is Pink Diamond's gem in the same place on her body as Rose Quartz's?

Damn you Sucrose, I always end up with so many more questions every new block of episodes. I love that. Please continue this.
>>
>>90071777
Really. That's the one reason why you think Russia is a ruthless oligarchy. Out of all the shit they've done, THIS is the only one that makes them bad.
>>
>>90073594
>That's the one reason why you think Russia is a ruthless oligarchy.
Not him, but I think he meant that the reason Russia has a big hole in Steven universe is that it is a "take that" from Sugar for being anti-gay.
>>
>>90071878
It's true humanity is one of the big topics of the show, but it also follows Steven's perspective almost exclusively. I guess he, or more likely Connie, could have been written as a history buff, but it would still be difficult to address the topic naturally or without exposition dumps.
>>
>>90072059
>>America wasn't founded until like eighty years later than it was in our world, it had no native humans,

This one is interesting to me given the alluded to Russian nuking. This means whatever happened, happened before humans ever crossed that landbridge between russia alaska preventing natives from ever hurrying around the Americas. That implication lessens the motivation for any conquest-driven explorers (Even if Columbus had come he'd find no slaves or gold nor religious future converts), meaning no start of global expansion or rapid imperialism popping up left and right. And America popping up 80's years later and all.

The world of SU as we know would be so fundamentally different, it makes the Code Geass one look like a believable mockup.
>>
>>90072201
>Imagine X-Men, but Storm flies everyone around like a fuckin' bus and nobody gives a shit. Xavier uses his mind powers to get free ice cream at the local parlor as a throwaway gag and nobody cares. On a daily basis Cyclops wrecks up the nearby forest with laser beams and the world collectively shrugs.

This post has to be ironic.
Have you read X-men lately?
>>
>>90073011
I love your way of thinking.

Also, without WWII, we wouldn't have Dad's Army or Wolfenstein 3D

Fucking dreadful, how do they manage?
>>
>>90073434

Or maybe it was the other way around. Can't be all weepy around the staff. That's what Yellow just told her! Besides, she broke back into gentle mode pretty quickly.

>>90073418

If anything they seemed more vulnerable than I would have expected. And no, they can't wipe out a whole line without a single thought! That was one of the points of the episode!

I agree that Pearls (and Bismuths) are probably universal... and they are indeed both outliers, since they're not "proper" gemstones.

>>90073511

Ooooooo shit. We never did hear a date, did we?
"We could hit peak oil as early as the mid-seventieth century, Steven!"
>>
>>90073624

>Also Africa

...Then she would also have done something about Rome and Saudi-Arabia.
>>
>>90073855
Yes they could. Yellow Diamond wanted them destroyed and was ready to do it herself, but Blue wouldn't budge. I wonder what kind of dynamics the Diamond Authority has and what kind of decisions they can make without each other's input.
>>
>>90073847
Or Casablanca, Fiddler On The Roof, Blackadder IV.
>>
>>90073893
Jesus, I bet they don't even have Europa Universalis.

Poor misbegotten souls.
>>
File: gem totem pole.jpg (59KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
gem totem pole.jpg
59KB, 852x480px
>>90072087
>no gem religions

What about the gem totem pole? Might've just been some weird gift shop garbage, but...
>>
>>90073847
they probably dont have straight world war 2 shooters, but maybe doom or licenced products rule the FPS scene
>>
>>90072681
>>90072765
>>90072981
>>90073594
Jesus Christ, /co/.

I meant it was "fucked up" geographically, I wasn't saying that Russia is bad just because they hate gays or some shit, goddamn.

However, this is the first time I got trips and a lot of (You)s, so thanks I guess.
>>
>>90073914
Or lord of the rings and (maybe) star wars, technically.
>>
>>90073956
Russia is bad because they've been a fucked up tribalistic society of crazy, vengeful, backstabbing blood cunts for the past thousands years and even beyond that ever since the Mongols sacked their shit and fucked 999999 of their woman.
>>
>>90072552
Wouldn't it make Brasil be bigger country in world?
>>
>>90072491
A little late reply, but no. If an alien race ever came across our solar system, we would never notice their presence. An alien scouting ship that has to travel from the nearest known solar system to ours, would have to be so advanced they could pulverize earth before we would know what hit us.

Think of it like humans and ants. Just that we are the ants.
>>
>>90071625
So basically it's the universe version of the human zoo
A world where humans were never allowed to fuck their shit up
Mix that with how stupid everyone is and the fact that an old explorer was able to find all gem sites but to this day humans with modern technology couldn't for no reason beyond being bad at everything
It doesn't paint a good picture
>>
>>90073219
didn't egypt get ruined by the first black pharaon?
>>
>>90071992
Plus you know 5000 years ago humans had a heck of a lot of civilization already but gems pretty much think of them as cavemen
>>
>ctrl+f "geopolitics"
>phrase not found
/co/ complains about the writers not bothering to think of the consequences of their changes but doesn't even attempt to determine what those changes would be. Why can't you be as creative as /tg/?
>>
>>90073956
There are tons of things bad with Russia from their ruthless dictator to their awful culture were drinking yourself to death is just Saturday and big cities that go on forever Wich look exactly the same no matter were you take the picture

I don't give sugar enough credit to believe she did it for any reason beyond they hate gays
>>
>>90074483
Because we're not neeeerds
>>
File: nobilis_of_war.jpg (508KB, 824x582px) Image search: [Google]
nobilis_of_war.jpg
508KB, 824x582px
>>90073321

Anon, we've been through this.

Gems are "alien", but emotionally they're the same as us. No bizarre psychology.
>>
Deja vu.
We will get spammed with the same comment on all three SU boards.
>>
>>90074483
It's not so much the consequences as the reasons behind such changes
Consequence is pretty obvious and shown in the show all the time
Without war and conflict humans never really cared all that much about discovery hence all those gem temples and landmarks nobody bothered to find and document or the townies not questioning the monsters attacking the city all that time
It's like in the time machine book when the time traveler finds humans made a paradise by getting away from technology but then realizes future humans are just cattle for another species

If a gem made an argument about humans not really being all that much she would be right
>>
>>90071625

>Half of Australia, China and India gone, half of Africa is part of South America, bunch of huge islands in the Atlantic

>"And a bunch of other smaller stuff"

American education.
>>
>>90072201
Difference being that every human character in star vs is well aware of magic, except for Marcos parents Wich are naive as a character trait (Wich is one of the worse character traits)
Even background characters realize all that happens but they like it? So wathever
Steven universe has fairy oddparents humans but plays it straight
>>
>>90073480
>Pangea was a thing 5000 years ago
I'm out
>>
>>90073247
Main characters are
>Short fat girl
>Tall lanky girl
>Masculine black girl
>Little boy who thinks like a little girl
Somehow I'm the only one who nottices
>>
>>90072752

>You're all taking the setting way more seriously than you should. SU just doesn't have detailed, coherent worldbuilding because it's not a priority.

One of the primary reasons given as to why SU is popular is 'Good Worldbuilding and Lore'...

> The focus of this show is character, relationships, family, dealing with past and such.

Who needs interesting world building to support an narrative when we have cheap emotional drama...
>>
>>90073219
>>>/pol/
>>
>>90072633
Western Africa is not gone, it's part of South America now.
>>
>>90071957

This is a problem with Sugars world.

Without Major wars the development of most of the technology humans have should not exist or be set way back.

Humans have also seemingly never tried to learn gem technology and use it humans just completley stay away from all gem areas.
>>
>>90074789
they would, at worst, be set back maybe a decade or two, since a lot of WW2 tech originated in principles originating from the 20/30s

people cant even figure out Linear A, much less ancient gem technology that has been ruined for 5000 years, on a meta-level they want a similiar too, but not quite, earth level technology, if gem tech exists then it is not fit for use anywhere outside of a lab
>>
>>90074829
without the discovery of america there would have never been an industrial revolution
>>
>>90071625
You make some good points OP.
>>
File: Rose's_Scabbard_090.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Rose's_Scabbard_090.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>90071625
oh tihs?
this is roses secret collection of warriors
pay no mind to it, im never bringing it up again
>>
>>90074917
thinking about it now
did rose have some mengele level obsession with twins?
there is two if not three of ever armour set
>>
>>90074873
maybe something else spurred it, the timeline is not our own, and enough has conceivably happened to provide a plausible substitute
>>
>>90072848
>the entire show revolves around the title character, but more importantly on the power of relationships and the ways people can change

They can do that without throwing in a bunch of shitty "worldbuilding" that doesn't make sense.
>>
File: Re2E8kv.png (153KB, 700x861px) Image search: [Google]
Re2E8kv.png
153KB, 700x861px
>>90074483
>due to ww2 never happening, jews are still largely persecuted and hated among europe
>israel is more of a third world apartheid in madagascar state to throw jews away
>nations with colonial possesions have no pressure to release them, keeping india and most of africa colonized as far as the late 20th century
>if the gems somehow found a way to not get stalin to invade europe, it means the USSR was probably a failed state that quickly vanished, making communism irrelevant and leaving the US as the only superpower that matters.
>white and black soldiers never fought together, making MLK's civil rights marches to be far less appealing to the white men, and thus keeping jim crow laws even up to the present, connie might not even be able to vote for being brown.
>the portion of africa that joined south america has constant wars with the catholic majority countries, causing crusades to become popular in south america in order to erradicate muslims and thus the pope rebuilds his empire there.
>war on europe continues as there is many territoria disputes, a far more catastrophic second world war might occur at any moment

the gems basically fucked up everything.
>>
>>90074953
it would have been pretty impossible since the discovery of america changed the whole economic system from feudalism to mercantilism wich was the father of capitalism wich is the production system
other than one continent conquering another i cant see it happenning
>>
>>90075082
wasnt feudalism ended by the black plague?
>>
>>90071625
>>Kansas is now Hollywood now for some reason

Kansas City's in Missouri. The significance is that in the real word, Kansas City is the cradle of almost the entire Hollywood Animation industry.

Walt Disney's first studio, Laugh-O-Grams, started there. Besides Ub Iwerks, founding animators of Warner Bros and MGM's animation units started their careers there.
>>
>>90074829

Even stevens modern technology would computers, ipads hell maybe even the internet potentially wouldn't exist.

Almost all the tech involved in it was pionered for wartime use then once it was over was used in other things. Im not saying it would never be invented but it potentially would be back more than a decade or 2 depending on the tech.

Gem technology wouldnt be a part of everyday life if humans have had a look at it if anything its something the worlds top government probably controls and learns about to better prepare themselves for a potential gem invasion.

Heres another thing that bugs me about the world humanity seemingly knows nothing about the gems despite the fact they have been around since basically humanities creation. Nobody seems to know about the gems trying to destroy the earth.

Think about it outside beach city does anybody even know gems are still on earth or that they even exist. The citizens of beach city don't seem to even really understand what the gems are.
>>
>>90075062
This is my headcanon now, and knowing how the Crystal Gems are braindead retarded on most occasions, it's likely to be true as well.
>>
>>90075125
most likely computers were made in response to a non-war based substitute

also because a world without smartphones would be so radically different that they wont be able to do "like earth, but with gems"
>>
>>90075164

another thing to note, the cold war was the first time europe was ever at peace, meaning if the gems avoided the cold war, europe is a place of constant war and struggle.
>>
>>90071777
It's much simpler, /pol/. That part of Russia is an uninhabited wasteland. So nuking it wouldn't have nearly as much of an impact as say, nuking Brazil or China. Russia in the SU universe would be extremely different to how it is now (and possibly impoverished) due to lacking easy access to most of its natural mineral resources which are contained in Siberia, but 99% of its population, cities and cultural legacy would be intact.
>>
>>90075125
Homeworld on Earth and the rebellion was so long, humanity as a whole forgot about it, since I doubt it was either well documented or preserved.
>>
>>90075174
Y'know, in MY day we didn't have any of these 'smartphones', Hell we barely had DUMB phones!
We got along just fine.

The youth today are spoiled and stupid with their electronic gadgets, surprised they even know what a BOOK is.
>>
File: 1487357321567.png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
1487357321567.png
200KB, 356x256px
>>90075189
It sounds like the EU is blasted all the way to hell.
Holy shit.
>>90075062
>Mrw.
>>
>>90075116

if kansas is hollywood, it means that america never had manifest destiny (film makers hated thomas jefferson because he patented most film equipment, so they wanted to get away from him.

this means everything after kansas is indian territory, and with how racist america is based on the last post i did, tis very likely these two are also at constant war.
>>
>>90075230

Artifacts from the gems being on earth are still around but nobody goes there aparantly.

It just baffles me alien advanced life has been around and potentially protected and helped humanity yet nobody knows they exist at all even with artifacts and gems still alive on earth.
>>
Why is thanksgiving mentioned as a bad thing humans have done?
>>
>>90075368
because it involved killing and killing is bad
>>
>>90075319
They just see weird Alien shit as normal, because it has literally been around them since the early days of civilization
>>
>>90072270
Well, maybe it was cracked?
>>
>>90075104
do they really teach this in american schools?
>>
>>90075314
>Most filmmakers hared Thimas Jefferson
>A president who died a hundred years earlier

History is just a big party for you, isn't it?
>>
>>90075617
my memory of american history ain't what it used to be, but i know for a fact it was a president
>>
>>90074873
The Protestant Ethic also spurred on the industrial revolution and capitalism, with no religion what caused it to happen?
>>
>>90075544
m.medieval-life-and-times.info/medieval-england/decline-of-feudalism.htm

not the only reason, but its consistently brought up
>>
>>90075723
i dont know what the protestan ethic is, google says its a book
>>90075759
its pretty cut and dry, before mercantilism trade was done under the kings command and permission, after the discovery of america there was so much of it and war and piracy that merchants started getting rights, just look up Laissez-faire
>>
>>90073920

...Who's that cat?

>>90073889
>Yellow Diamond wanted them destroyed and was ready to do it herself, but Blue wouldn't budge.

Well, that's pretty much what I meant.

>>90074163

...I like those odds.
>>
>>90074444

Well, four-fours anon, they kind of are. Gems have long-distance matter teleportation, space travel, gravity manipulation, spatial warping (seriously, the Roaming Eye represents a mindbending feat of technology), pocket dimensions, not to mention the gems themselves.

By comparison, for humans the term 'cavemen' might actually be aiming pretty high.

>>90074389

No.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashta

>>90074515

Well, I would debate that.
>>
File: Warriors.png (772KB, 1278x751px) Image search: [Google]
Warriors.png
772KB, 1278x751px
>>90074677

...Is that some sort of cultural allusion?

>>90074780

...That's not really feasible, tectonically speaking. I mean it seems logical, but Africa and South-America separated more than a hundred million years ago.

>>90074917
>>90074946

I can't stand it. This is messing with my autism.
WHY AREN'T THEY SET UP PROPERLY?
>>
File: PearsonPrenticeHall.jpg (71KB, 720x443px) Image search: [Google]
PearsonPrenticeHall.jpg
71KB, 720x443px
>>90071625
You guys are going about this the wrong way. This isn't like AT where we have some horrific event taking a chunk out of the Earth, this is alternate history along with tectonic plate shifting to show an altered world which could be matching our own present time or far into the future. Compare the map to this diagram which shows which direction the plates of the Earth move.
>>
>>90071625
Sjw universe.
>>
>>90075368
Because it's a celebration of the natives saving the white man's ass from starving over the winter since none of them knew how to farm, and about 100 years later we fucked them over with the Trail of Tears and reservations and so on.
>>
Where the fuck did the Pizzas come from? Are they South American now because what would've been Ghana is in South America in this world?

I find the worldbuilding in this show pretty interesting but it's far from airtight and a lot of it doesn't seem to fit together well. But that seems to be the case with most of the American animated shows with any worldbuilding and lore whatsoever. They start with a seed of something and then they expand it if they feel like it and they'll retcon whatever currently exists so everything fits. It's something of an organic process. It's still pretty irksome though and I'm always nitpicking when I'm watching stuff like that. Still love the show though.

Of course you can make it seem like everything is intentional in this instance. What starts as basically nothing ends up growing into a set structure that's not just a sight to behold but becomes the model for how the rest of the show proceeds. Steven Universe's worldbuilding crystallizes.
>>
>>90075458
It's like in Chrono Trigger, where after the Black Omen arises in the past but before you destroy it various NPCs in the present will cheerfully remark about what a beautiful day it is with the sun sparkling off the Black Omen, because for them the gargantuan sinister ebony fortress hovering in the sky has just always been there.
>>
>>90076409
So... there were no north american Indians in this timeline? Because of all the monsters?
>>
>>90075689
Thomas EDISON was not a U.S. President you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>90076249
It's completely tumblr
>>
>>90076119
Except civilization is a tangible thing and has meaning, it's not just relative to the technology of the person judging
>>
File: gayr10.jpg (1MB, 1848x1248px) Image search: [Google]
gayr10.jpg
1MB, 1848x1248px
>>90073011
Maybe in this Universe they adopted the FAL or the original AR-10 that the Portuguese had in Angola
>>
>>90071777
>Another thing that bothers me is how the North-West part of Africa has been broken off and welded into the East of South America, that's a rather weird thing to change from our current world. It also confuses me how half of Australia and the entirety of India is deleted, why did that happen?

Niw I really want to know the plate tectonics dynamics of SU's world. The show is so based on Geology that they probably thought of it. Didnt they?
>>
File: Earth Colony.png (1MB, 1325x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Earth Colony.png
1MB, 1325x1050px
>>90076249
>...That's not really feasible, tectonically speaking. I mean it seems logical, but Africa and South-America separated more than a hundred million years ago.

Homeworld was probably shifting some of the landmasses around as part of the conversion process.

Pretty impressive that they managed that in such a way that lions survived the trip across.
>>
>>90076979

Debatable. Do chimpanzees have a civilization? Do ants? How about bowerbirds?
>>
>>90076249
It seems that South America and Africa just separated differently in this world. Failed rifts are a thing; when three rifts conjoin at one point, often one of them will fail to develop into an ocean. This is the one that could've split off West Africa but didn't https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benue_Trough . So this one developed and the west-running rift didn't. Although this would mean that West Africa should be stuck to the northeast side of Brazil and not the southeast, but I'm willing to chalk that up to the writers not really knowing/giving a shit, or some weird tectonic shift happened anyways.

>>90077463
What it looks like happened to west Australia, south India, and south China, is that they're not destroyed geologically but just flooded by shallow seas
>>
>>90077493

Do we have lions confirmed in South-America?
>>
>>90077560

But such tectonic differences would predate the events of the show by tens of millions of years.
>>
>>90077598
That's my point, that the West Africa situation has nothing to do with the Gems, and by chance it just happened to go the way it did.
>>
>>90077543
Some chimpanzees do
Ants don't have civilization, they operate in hives even tho they do resemble civilization
I don't know what a bowerbird is
>>
>>90071625
>And a bunch of other smaller stuff
Like No Southern Florida?

Protip: Just set your clocks 20 years back, have it your way and no lunar landing, and up to this point it won't matter. except of course, unified Korea.

Also, a large opening to the ocean there might actually HELP Russia expand. Imagine a riverine/inland naval Mongol Empire.
>>
>>90077745
>those ants that farm mushrooms and those slave trade ants totally count as civilizations
>>
>>90077598
Did they date the gem invasion on Earth? Because if they didn't, Gem tech and magic could easily mess with tectonic events. The lyrics from that Yellow Diamond song says Lapis are able to terraform, and Lapis Lazuli was shown to be able to control the entirety of Earth's water mass, so shifting plates and creating rifts wouldn't seem too farfetched.

Also, my SU headcanon says that gems age in geologic time, that's why Pearl and Blue Diamond are still so salty about their losses
>>
>>90072557
>Funny how no human for 10,000 years ever explored and tried to make use of gem tech/magic.
That's one of my biggest problems with the show. In canon humans don't really know about gems - Pearl says she can't just tell the DMV she's an alien. Yet there's so much stuff lying around from the gem war. And humans in Beach City don't even react to any of the weird stuff in the town. Humans are curious, none of that makes sense.
>>
>>90077820
Are you aware of how greentext works? If you greentext an answer it means you are looking the person you are replying to
Why is 90% of newfags on this board concentrated in Steven universe thread's?
Anyways I already said ants don't form civilization, earth is pretty much ant heaven, there are 400 billion ants and how far has ant civilization evolved, what did they accomplish so far?
We see chimps creating tools, discovering new things such as cooking all the time during prosperity, ants have never ending prosperity and are surrounded by food and not enough predators, civilization doesn't remain static
>>
>>90077947
Mocking
>>
>>90077929
Actually, in canon humans are vaguely aware of gems/magic, but don't know the details because they avoid gem sites like the plague due to giant monsters and sentient death traps.

Think of gem sites like the deep sea. Sure, we could probably go there a lot more often with existing technology to get more details on the awful shit that lives there, but fuck those Cthulhu looking motherfuckers.
>>
>>90072729
I'm sure it's just that it's in the background. For SU's purposes, there is none. The GEMS had a Moon Goddess and such, or at least their progenitor race did, and foisted their fetishes, along with their technology, on Gem-Kind!

Remember, without a Cold War to pit Theists against Atheist Materialism, there would have been less lining up on one side or another. Scientific and Technological "Progress", secular causes, and even government takes up a lot of the humans' time, and serves some of these old, religious roles. like charities, or just providing hope. Much of religious feeling is reduced to just that, and the traditions of basic morality, and law (The Ten Commandments, Monogamy, "The Two Great Commandments", The "Sermon on The Mount", e.g.). I'm sure Andy would say with a scowl "I'm a Christian, The DeMayo Family has ALWAYS been Christian", but what that would mean to him beyond a knee-jerk reaction is anyone's guess, even Andy's.
>>
>>90077860
It was only 5,000 years before the series starts
>>
>>90078067
But we've seen gem monsters get taken down with pointy sticks.
>>
>>90078110
And that was one of the smallest ones they faced.

And it was basically the predator.
>>
>>90071625
They want to do worldbuilding but don't bother with the Earth.
>>
>>90077860
>gems age in geologic time, that's why Pearl and Blue Diamond are still so salty about their losses
I'll buy that.
Also, Home World Gems prize being emotionally reserved, and have been unused to losing at anything. let alone massive kill-offs in the "Species". They use empathic triggers to control some of their tech. and personal powers. Raw emotions, like Loss, or Love must tear them apart.
>>
>>90072607
Are the European empires still a thing?
>>
>>90073011
Solid. Bad-asses still believe in the BAR.
>>
>>90073624
Well, that's not very nice. Russian antigay sentiment isn't at all unanimous.
If I get to make an alt-reality setting, I'll make sure to wipe Cali of the face of the earth for my own petty reasons, I guess.
>>
>>90078094
How could the gems arrive 5000 years ago if the earth is only 2000 years old, checkmate gemtheists
>>
>>90073021
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics
>>
>>90072977
nigga here never heard of a flashlight before
>>
>>90077463
This show has as much to do with geology as a black man has with the kkk.

t. Geologist
>>
>>90072608
do you really think the homeworld wants emus running around fucking up everything?
>>
>>90071656
Humanity on the SU Earth is less than half the population of real life.

The gem wars really fucked up the species. A thousand+ year war waged by super beings from space that blow up and shatter entire continents is going to take a toll on the native life.

Any humans alive by the end of that war would KNOW about it, the chaos would be the norm to them. That gives all of humanity a common experience and point of reference in every culture.
>>
>>90077493
>>90077571
The red mark in South America are the initial gem ships that Centipeedle went to. I believe the African dot is the one in the desert.
>>
>>90078353
How is that relevant?
I mean death over time (war, illness, disasters) vs instant death.

>>90078445
How?
>>
>>90071625
>I take issue with the fact that aliens colonizing the earth for resources significantly changed its history

Do you also hate Pokemon because there's no way that Pokemon could exist? Are you some different dimension traveller with no concept of fiction?

How did this retarded thread get to 260 replies?
>>
>>90078605
ask a Australian
>>
>>90077745

Bowerbirds are birds that have complex mating rituals which invoves the construction of a bower.

>>90077860

There is a difference between thousands of years and tens of millions.

>>90077947
>earth is pretty much ant heaven, there are 400 billion ants and how far has ant civilization evolved, what did they accomplish so far?

Um... kinda answered your own question.
>>
>>90075617
i think he meant edison
>>
>>90078089
>their progenitor race

Ancient humanity. Mark my words.

>The DeMayo Family has ALWAYS been Christian

The surname 'DeMayo' suggests Sephardic Judaism.

>>90078259

Without the first world war? Germany and Austro-Hungary would be, probably.

>>90078430

So... actually quite a lot?
>>
>>90078816
as in the show is fucking up geology. There's no rhyme or reason to the names of the gems. No real useful system. Nothing at all about the science or other important aspects of minerals.
Pearls are not crystals. Bismuth is not a gem.
>>
>>90071625
Without the communists of Russia to unite against and World War 1 Prussia to start the depression there would never be WW2 since Germany would have been doing pretty okay. Learn some history before you try talking about it kiddo.
>>
>>90079047
>why don't these aliens classify things in a human way!
>>
>>90079047
all minerals can be of the 'Gem' species, stated by a Crewniverse member once before.
>>
>>90078712
I am one, but a Sydney wanker.
Come on mate, tell me.
>>
File: Emu-War.jpg (1MB, 980x2985px) Image search: [Google]
Emu-War.jpg
1MB, 980x2985px
>>90079472
>>
>>90079128
>>90079330

we're talking about the show and geology. That minerals can be of the 'gem' species just shows how far this show relates to geology and mineralogy. Also, Lapis Lazuli is not a mineral- it is a rock. Lazurite is a mineral. So can all rocks be 'gems'?
See, that would be better than the fusions becoming different minerals. The could become rocks that contain the minerals. Granites, Andesites, Troctolites, Gabbros, Diorites, etc and so on.

But no, we have this show just shitting things around.
>>
>>90071846
That crater has to be a billion-plus years old. A blast that size would sterilize the earth if had happened any later.
>>
>>90076409
>wampanoag are the same thing as the cherokee
>>
Guys, help I need an SU image for MY logically dissecting thread.
>>
Listen to my theory: do you know why does homeworld hate heterofusion?
Because it creates gems without a purpose.
I know Ian said there are solo garnets on homewolrd but that is just the crew online.
My theory comes from the show, from the human zoo saga:
There we met Holly Blue, an agate.
The first agate we met right?
No.
The first agate we met was Sardonyx, a heterofusion.
An agate should be a terrifying manager, a drill sergeant, but Sardonyx is a magician/show host. The diamonds want a society with predetermined roles, where everyone fits in her spot, but that is defied with different gems fusing.
>>
>>90075062
Rose had a talk with the Caananites, so they never established their crazy volcano religion in the first place, so no Jews at all really.
>>
>>90081731
>The greater good demands that you do your duty!
>The qun demands that you fill your place.
Basically these right?
>>
maybe Russia has a huge crater because they nuked it to get rid of the slavs
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 259x194px
i.e.
>>
>>90079777
This meme needs to end. It's gotten too much mileage. Just like the poo in the loo thing.
>>
>people acting like Russia was destroyed
Russia culturally is west of the Urals. Everything else is just a buffer zone Russians conquered in case some European power decided to try and wipe Russia out. Losing Siberia isn't a big deal.
>>
>>90081846
I dunno about that, I laughed my arse off.
The real threat are the bugs though.
Spiders that can kill you in a minute.
>>
Why are the changes so pointless then? The world feels incredibly similar to ours.
>>
File: 1270016503987.png (7KB, 213x165px) Image search: [Google]
1270016503987.png
7KB, 213x165px
>>90072729
wow this really is SJW paradise
>>
>>90078732
umm...
coul you??
i mean...
reproduction doesnt count?
its not like...
they turned earth into heaven?
it was like that before lol
>>
>>90072662
> Sugar
> white
>>
>>90081846
it an't no meme it really happen personally i think what happen to Australasia was homeworld came down thinking this was a good place to put up some of thos machines that made gems next thing they knew they were being swarmed with drop bears spiders that ate gems and jelly fish
>>
>>90079047

Oh, absolutely.

>>90079962

I know, right? But an anon said that it might not be a crater at all, but gem activity 'eating' the continent. I think that could be it.

I mean, a crater that size? Thousands of miles across? That would have to have had gone right through the crust and expose the mantle.

>>90082229

Then what more do they have to accomplish?
>>
File: Leepest dore (2).png (729KB, 943x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Leepest dore (2).png
729KB, 943x1476px
>>90082471

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59K2kF6o9Tk

Also:
>>
File: look fag.jpg (98KB, 526x630px) Image search: [Google]
look fag.jpg
98KB, 526x630px
>aliens arrive on earth and have a gigantic war
>wow wtf why is history so different

Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, something like that would completely drastically alter history?
>>
>>90082655
>What is Torchwood?
>What is Class?
>What is MIB?
>What is Dr who?
>>
>>90082655
It's cool to hate on SU here newfriend.
>>
File: maps.png (1MB, 1784x996px) Image search: [Google]
maps.png
1MB, 1784x996px
>>90078581
Actually, it's not.

Centi's ship is apparently more northwest of that point.

That South American point's actually kinda interesting.

All the red points on the Moon Base's map are STRUCTURES that were completed before the war fucked everything up.
They all denote something that was built.

But, for some reason, that South American spot WASN'T on the map that Pearl gave Buddy of places he should never go.
A lot of the other spots are clearly on both maps, but that one is oddly absent.
That means either Pearl didn't know it existed, or she didn't want to mark it on his map in case he really did go there.
>>
>>90082837

Where is Mask Island? I mean, it's a tropical island. Is it right next to Cuba?
>>
>>90082590
Every single animal reproduces
Many species are a plague that doesn't mean they are a civilization
>>
File: figuring out locations.png (3MB, 2072x1827px) Image search: [Google]
figuring out locations.png
3MB, 2072x1827px
>>90082877
It's not clear.

It is important to note that just because a spot has a warp pad doesn't mean it's on the Moon Map.
The Temple is one example of this.
Another is the weird wailing stone. It was in the "Great North" which is another name for Canada.

Last time I tried figuring out the locations we've gotten, this is what I could piece together.
The ocean ones are the hardest to figure, but there are some clues.
Lapis and Steven flew to the Galaxy Warp in about a night, so it has to be somewhere near the coast where Beach City is.
Likewise, the Gems and Steven rowed back to Beach City from the Sea Spire, so it also has to be fairly close.
The ocean temple where the time device thing was is probably that spot out in the middle of the ocean since I assume the Russian crater spot is more important.
Finally, I think the Cuba spot is the Communication Hub because wherever that is it HAS to be across the ocean AND within a reasonable walking distance for Sugilite to get from there to Beach City in a couple days.

The ones with question marks are just guesses based on the looks of the locations.
>>
>>90071625
Funny thing is that if it wasn't for most of the wars we had racism would be much worse than it is in our world and slavery would arguably still be very commonplace.
Also why would easter not exist most christian holidays predate Christianity and were regional pagan holidays?
>>
>>90083021
The eggs would, the faith wouldn't.
>>
>>90072017
>not helping rebels in Syria
maybe because they arent islmofascist, daaaa
>>
So, I think in the end we can all just agree that SU's world building is terribly explained.
>>
I just imagine the political landscape freezes at 1914 where the map allows, with technology being pretty much the same with all nations preparing for whatever was here in the distant past to come back.
>>
While reading this thread, I've realized why I haven't started working on that novel yet: I feel the need to build a world detailed, thorough, and scientifically accurate enough that any question can be addressed, *before* I create characters or set up an outline of the plot.
>>
>>90084714
Indeed.
In fact I'd say we were better off without aliens.
>>
File: Sahara-Atlantik.jpg (696KB, 1181x959px) Image search: [Google]
Sahara-Atlantik.jpg
696KB, 1181x959px
idk if anyone's posted this yet, but the West Africa -> South America thing is actually based on a possible alternative timeline of plate tectonics.

http://www.livescience.com/44011-rifting-gondwana-africa-south-america-explained.html
>>
>>90084802
That's good.
>>
>>90082837
That image proves my point. Pearl was pointing out where the colony ship in the jungle was, where Peridot and Centipeedle went. Buddy went to a desert and Africa is marked on the map.
>>
>>90084802
Worldbuilding definitely helps. It can be annoying in my experience to build a detailed model of various systems in the world and how they work, only to need to rework things when you decide you want one plot point over another. Balances I guess.
>>
>>90084941
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR
>>
>>90072552
>no pajeets
why though?
>>
>>90085188
The Indian subcontinent didn't float so good.
>>
>>90082748

Things that never happened?

Do you really fucking think that if thousands of years ago, aliens landed on the planet and started fighting each other it wouldn't affect history at all?

Fucking World War 2 would've never happened if some faggot got accepted into art school, and you're telling me ALIENS HAVING A PLANET-DESTROYING WAR WOULD BARELY CHANGE THE COURSE OF HISTORY.
>>
>>90084802

You really don't. Only autists care about every single detail of a fantasy world.
>>
File: bane.jpg (64KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
64KB, 480x330px
>>90085255
Or they're wondering why someone would sink continent before writing it out of a cartoon
>>
File: 291f756c44-1486753230694.jpg (16KB, 326x352px) Image search: [Google]
291f756c44-1486753230694.jpg
16KB, 326x352px
>>90071625
So I get things like Europe not colonizing America and Hollywood being in Kansas due to Gem influence but how the hell did they affect how much of South America broke off of Africa?
>>
>>90085564
the gem weapons of war?
>>
>>90085564

Advanced alien weapons. Is it really that hard to imagine?
>>
>>90072552
I wonder...
if such a crater could have cut into russia's economy, and thus military power during the great war, that germany and the austral-hungarian empire could have won, having only brittain and france to contend with, and no america to join the war (because the colonies either hadn't broken off yet or broke off too late to have recovered enough power)

so germany won, therefore wasn't punished like the were in our world, therefore not pissed off enough to start WW2, and therefore no spread of communism

any other ideas?
>>
>>90072570
tamil and sri lankan are not necessarily the same thing, but I bet the tamils won in this world
>>
>>90082607
Sugar is a fusion!
>>
>>90072729
Wow. That's really boring, bland and safe.
Just how tumblr likes it.
>>
>>90086758
It's not safe to not include Christianity. It's vile, and I don't see how this show hasn't been boycotted for its agenda-pushing. Frankly, I don't think this such filth should be shoved onto young children without dire repercussions.
>>
File: gay arm.png (996KB, 1125x590px) Image search: [Google]
gay arm.png
996KB, 1125x590px
why is nobody talking about this?
>>
>>90087020
Dillon, you don of a bitch!
>>
>>90087302
*son.
Real nice phone. Real nice.
>>
>>90077349
the FAL was made in response to the formation of NATO, and is a direct response to post war climate, everyone would be using modernized war equipmentment

so the MG3 would still exist, since it was a modern version of the MG42, or even just use the MG42, since there is no reason to use the decidedly NATO 7.62mm

battleships are still the primary naval combatant, since pearl harbor never forced the US to rely on carriers, and the HMS repulse was never blown up either

jet technology was worked on before the war, but was sped up by it, so people probably use older versions of it, like the F4 phantom
>>
>>90073522
>Jasper and Amethyst are kinds of quartz, why does Rose have magic healing/life giving powers?

I'm assuming Rose's are just special types of quartzes.

>Why is Pink Diamond's gem in the same place on her body as Rose Quartz's?

Coincidence, but keep in mind that stomach gems are more loving and caring, which explains why Rose loved the Earth more passionetly and why Navy did as well. Pink Diamond probably wasn't so bad after all...
>>
>>90084714
*Terribly thought
>>
>>90081731
What Ian said is still true, because a garnet on homeworld likely wouldn't be diplomatic like sapphires or alternatively foot soldiers like rubies.
>>
>>90072729
Don't worry. Islam still exists. Its the One True Religion.
>>
>>90088167
they still have a candy giving holiday that is unnamed
>>
>>90073418

>it's interesting how Amethysts and Jaspers are considered Pink Diamond's gems

It's a pretty simple reason really, it's because they're Quartzes.

All Quartzes come from Earth, and Earth belongs to Pink Diamond.
>>
>>90071625
how is ww2 confirmed to have not happened in SU universe?
>>
>>90091135
One of the writers said so.

By extension, that means World War 1 didn't happen since WW2 stemmed from the events of WW1.
>>
>>90091947
maybe WW1 was over by christmand as predicated, and was only followed through just enough to create a similiar but not quite, world
>>
I always found it odd that they haven't used Connie for a least a little exposition about how the SU world operates and the history of it, since she's a huge nerd and all.
>>
>>90091947
>>90092006
WWII came about as a result of the end of WWI. Numerous factors came into play that allowed the rise of Fascism in Italy, then Germany, along with the rise of Stalinism in Russia. Germany not being completely humiliated and forced to pay reparations to the Allies alone would set things on a vastly different path. As would the Whites successfully beating back the Reds in Russia, or a completely different group than either of the main two.

Alternatively, WWI could have lasted years longer than it did in OTL and it just devastated all parties involved. Numerous more atrocities all around. London suffers from Mustard Gas bombings, Berlin firebombed into oblivion, Vienna devastated by Spanish Flu, Paris shelled irrecoverably.
>>
>>90072752
Yes, the reason that people like SU is because of so well writen characters like Kevin and Onion. Well shit, actually, all the townies are the show's actual worth, since 90% of the episodes consist of them.

Don't be an ass. What you say it's true, SU's world is absolutely fucking garbage and a lot of wasted potential, but there are very few characters that actually make the show watchable. And those either already had their arc warped up, and in Plot Limbo while they shit 90 more townie episodes, or simply don't have their potential squeezed out of them.
>>
>>90095542
>Yes, the reason that people like SU is because of so well writen characters like Kevin and Onion. Well shit, actually, all the townies are the show's actual worth, since 90% of the episodes consist of them.
You're over-exaggerating.
>>
File: 1487019775989.png (153KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
1487019775989.png
153KB, 405x405px
>>90072800
>getting triggered about someone asking why their country always gets fucked up in fiction and not caring about fucking Africa of all places
Fuck off back to tumblr, mate.
>>
What really gets to me
what really GETS to me
is the idea that humans don't touch gem stuff because "it's dangerous"
nigga, humans don't stay away from shit because it's dangerous. Do we fuck off from volcanos? Do we fuck off from lions? No, we studied volcanos until we learned how to get food seasoning from them. We threw person after person at lions until we had taken apart a lion, learned what each little bit did, and put it back together so we could use it in our Vegas shows.

If we "stayed away" from shit because it was "too dangerous", we would never have left the trees.
>>
>>90095888
>we
Don't include yourself in the actions of a few scientists, man. MOST humans WOULD stay away. And most humans in Beach City are concerned about their families and running their shops.

Besides volcanos and lions aren't able to walk up to you and say, "Leave us alone". Unlike the Crystal Gems.
>>
>>90071777
It's kind of creepy to delete russia, but ignore atrocities of other countries. I don't watch this show though, for all I know it's laden with critiques about america
>>
>>90073286
New theory accepted.
>>
>>90079128
>they speak perfect english, look pretty much like colorpainted humans, have similar emotions, similar clothing similar ideals, even have the same facial structure than us

>B-but its only bad when I say it's bad!
>>
>>90095955
It takes place in North America.

The US as we know it, though, is basically just not important and the highest known level of government is a mayor.

It may as well be any part of the Western world for all it matters.
>>
>>90071719
Unless they confirmed that shit by showing it in the show itself then its not canon. Judge the shit based on whats in the product itself, not what one of the makers says about it.
>>
>>90096051
we dont even know if the federal government works the same way it does in real life, although I think the unspoken rule is that it is just like real life unless otherwise stated
>>
>>90071920
Maybe humans got the whole knightship idea from Gems.
>>
>>90095566
Fine. 77% then, dumbass. Point still stands that most characters are bland as fuck.
>>
>>90071920
Could have just been convergent social evolution or Pearl explaining some Gem concept to Connie in the closest set of terms that Humans have.
>>
>>90096148
perhaps humans got a whole lot from gems
>>
>>90090878
I figured at least Jaspers were under Yellow Diamond and Amethysts under Blue, but that's not really what threw me off. It's that they only exist because Blue Diamond still mourns for Pink Diamond, not because they give a shit about their subjects.
>>
>>90072150
Well now I'm picturing Pink Diamond speaking like Heavy Weapons Guy from TF2
>>
File: strange blue world.jpg (122KB, 580x878px) Image search: [Google]
strange blue world.jpg
122KB, 580x878px
>>90071625
>Moral of the work of fiction is "humanity, deep down, is good; humanity is worth protecting"
>"Humanity" in the work of fiction is vastly different than real life humanity
That's kind of fucked to think about.

Considering all works of fiction-all works of anything really-are made by humans, if the subject concerns humans it is going to be biased, right? Like, even if it is a negative view, you aren't being unbiased, you have some degree of self-loathing affecting your judgement. So the stance that humanity for all our flaws are ultimately good, and the idea of a non-human entity loving humanity, which is a fairly common theme in comics and cartoons, cannot be a well-informed message, right?

This is kind of an odd tangent, but when I read the OP I couldn't help but imagine Superman one day magically becoming real, looking over our real world, coming to the conclusion that in reality humanity as a whole is shit and not worth protecting, and flying out to space to never have anything to do with us ever again.
>>
>>90072738
Don't worry, in a decade after the show "ends" it'll get a revival on adult swim.
>>
>>90072770
Maybe they know that if something is able to steal the entire ocean they shouldn't fuck with it.
>>
>>90072288
>...Now, as I said before on another thread, time travel is a thing in the show. It's such a giant McGuffin it beggars belief. But where did the hourglass even come from, and if it came from Homeworld - the only logical explanation - why isn't Homeworld changing the past?

>the Gem that created the hourglass is unique
>has loads of time powers that the hourglass can't even compare to
>when the Crystal Gems go up against them it starts doing crazy shit
>brings back Rose from the past, takes control of her somehow, and sets her on the Crystal Gems
>gives Rose a little squad of her own to control and fight with
>its Steven and the Stevens
>>
>>90074789
>Humans have also seemingly never tried to learn gem technology and use it humans just completley stay away from all gem areas.

If the people studying the captured tech are not advanced enough already they won't be able to reverse engineer it at all. Best they could do is store the shit away in a warehouse forever or just leave it the fuck alone and tell people to stay out or risk death. Probably a bunch of "TOP TREASURE HERE" signs around Gem Tech locations on earth.
>>
>>90096958
people cant even decipher the coding language of 20 or 30 years old, much less 5000 years old
>>
>>90078089
>The GEMS had a Moon Goddess

The fuck?
>>
>>90082837
Maybe the place in South America they found only after meeting with Buddy.
>>
>>90096079
Suppose the US government is still working under the Articles of Confederation.
>>
I think they made it as a pre emptive measure.

It seems a much less competent world, one where humans evolved more slowly, and never reached the peak of their cruelty meets technology age.

That means humans can be assumed to be inferior in that universe, weaker.
So there's less of a potential plotline or future where humans can become an actual threat to the gems.

In many other universes humans would already be dissecting them, reverse engineering them and ready to take the war to home world.

I mean, look at how slow and incompetent the gem war machine is. The gems themselves are amazing in their capacity to adapt to different planets and function as loyal units, but the species as a whole seems to evolve very slowly and has many weak links and exploitable elements.

The pragmatism of humanity, if it was allowed to fully tap into its capacity to be ruthless and efficient at war would not take too long to match and surpass the gems.

But not in this world. They're a declawed version of humans. Which works better for the sort of story they're telling. There's a certain sense of innocence to the show's tone, even when it goes dark it never becomes heartless.
>>
>>90071625
You know, Pennsylvania sounds like ,,penis vein yeah" , so maybe that triggerd some of the writers.
>>
People in this thread have put more thought into this than the SU writers ever will.
>>
>>90099460
Because there's no point to it. They roughly sketched out the quirky details of their world and were done with it. Probably.

This entire thread is like trying to lock down how many bathrooms were on the Enterprise.
>>
>>90087492
>the world still has early vietnam-era weaponry
pretty cool actually
>>
>>90071872
This is plausible.
>>90072059
3000 years BC isn't really dawn of civilasation. Mesopotamia and Indus valley are already developed by that time, and it's plausible they would built fortified cites to defend themselves.
> no russia
is it stated that thre are no people in current day borders of Russia? On the map what is gon is mostly west Siberia and the Urals mountains. Slavic people territories are still there.
>>
>>90099493
>>
>>90099460
sometimes a world is the main setting, with the characters existing primarily to explore it, and to show how every little bit works

other times the setting is a backdrop, a stage for the characters to act one

all shows fall somewhere in the middle and neither is better than the other, but SU leans more towards the latter, with a lot of the worlds details deliberately left out in favor of having it be a plot device for the characters to act one
>>
>>90073011
Well, Germany started experimenting with intermediate rounds in 1938, so they would probably still end up with assault rifles. However, without WW2, other nations might not have been as convinced to switch to an intermediate cartridge and their own assault rifles. The Russians would probably focus more on SMGs, which they saw the AK as anyway.

>>90095228
I think I prefer WW1 ending more amicably, (and the Whites winning). Europe would still house world powers, which would have its own interesting implications, and there might be a lot more monarchies still alive and well.

>>90096363
Humanity is deeply flawed because the complete psychopaths and assholes among tend to gain power through unfair means. If morally righteous superheros existed, things might be different.
>>
>>90072113
Kiev Duchy fell apart into many lesser states.
Actually Russia started as traitorous Moskau scum that knelt before the Mongols and helped them conquer other peaceful east slavic states.
Moscow btw means swamp in one of the mongol languages.
This warped their culture alot.
Great Novgorod was a republic for comparison.
When the khans of the Golden Horde were too busy to send an extorsion team to Moskau in 1482, they decided that now they will do the conquering and will rule everything.
Orthodox church later made a theory how Moscow is 3rd Rome that will never fall and is chosen to rule the world. Some rebelled against the church reforms and they are now one of the most honest people in Russia. Which is an achievement!!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Believers
>>
>>90099634
SMGs would still be really popular, although the russians might use the SKS as a standard weapon
the germans only used assault rifles for their stormtroops, and preferred to use center their rank and file around the MG42/34
the americans might not need the BAR, the M14 can do its job, so they might bring out the M60, although its development was linked to their experiences fighting the MG42 in WW2, so its development would be stalled
>>
>>90099460
So lets send them this and other threads to motivate them and/or creativity shame the crew.
>>
>>90072049
Unless that lifeform just so happens to have a sharpened stick.
>>
>>90079472
>>90079777
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2952/did-the-australian-army-once-wage-war-on-emus
>>90081989
And snakes.
>>
>>90099719
it seems to depend on the gem in question
the crystal gems can take a heck of a beating, while some corrupted gems are tougher still, or beaten with a rock
>>
>>90099558
Off by three, sorry.
>>
>>90099719
You can't seriously compare corrupted monsters with sane gems. We saw the CGs destroy corrupted gems for all of season 1, yet Lapis, Jasper, and even fucking Peridot took at least two episodes to deal with.
>>
>>90099723
Nah, pretty sure guns would work well enough. And if that fails, then a air strike would.

If a dwarf woman with a trans fetish can take out a Gem monster with a stick, then a trained professional could do it with a gun.
>>
>>90099753
I wasn't talking about sane gems. Only gem monsters. Byt, yeah. I think the gems are given to much credit. Peridot took out Jasper with a hunk of jagged metal. There's no reason a human couldn't do that with, say, a balista.
>>
>>90099774
a gun would work fairly well, it seems as if their holographic projections, though tough, are weak to a fast, narrow, hard projectile

on the other hand, when serious about warfare, they wear armor composed of thick, rigid plates that would be fairly good at absorbing the impact of a bullet
>>
>>90071625
Going just off your summary and having never watched a single second of the show it does kind of read like the more "problematic" parts of history were retconned out of existence.
>>
>>90099683
The reason for that is probably that their industry and logistics couldn't handle equipping most infantrymen with it that far into the war. If WW2 never happened, then it is likely that it would become the standard infantry weapon, as it fitted in very well with their doctrine, basically turning every soldier into a light machine gunner when advancing or retreating.

Rifles would be relegated to designated marksmen and snipers, who were actually able to use the more powerful round of a rifle to its full advantage.
>>
>>90099793
Maybe Gem are impact, and a fuckton of other things, proof but not Sharp-Pointy-Thing proof.

Let's be honest. If Anime, which SU takes a lot of inspiration from, has taught us one thing it's swords are better then guns.
>>
>>90099788
>Only gem monsters.
Oh yeah, didn't notice.
>I think the gems are given to much credit.
Resilience is only one factor.
Even if a human could reasonably think to wound one, they'd still have to hit superpowered creatures who can fly, shatter rocks and shoot energy. Unless they develop fucking mecha technology, it's not a fair fight.
>>
>>90099827
the best i can give is that their "skin" is a thick, tough, with a lot of give, allowing them to absorb a lot of energy as long as its distributed over a fairly large area

if their skin was capable of resisting all attacks, they wouldnt wear armor
>>
>>90099788
narrow "stabbing" attacks are more of a kryptonite, something that is capable of exploiting a flaw in their defence, rather than an indicator of weakness, since they are routinely thrown whatever-hundred feet into the air and land on hard surfaces just fine
>>
>>90099831
Or use military tactics. Sure, one on one the gem has an advantage in a fist fight. But that's not how humans wage war. Gems seem to prefer to wage war face to face. We don't do that. We use guns and missiles and do things from a distance.

I wonder how well a gem coud take a sniper round to their gem...
>>
>>90099877
The gems are unprofessional because they don't have to be. Combat seems to be more enforcement and punishment than outright warfare, or curb stomps against unsophisticated species.
>>
well, by anime logic it's not "the stab" that makes it dangerous but the person behind the stab

a random sword swing isn't deadly, but a sword being used by a top level somehow carries their power with the swings and it's not a simple physical measure of strength but something that runs deeper

if SU uses that sort of anime logic it all makes sense
>>
>>90099820
you got me reading on the history of the stg 44 again, curse you

it seems as if the pre-war experiments were rejected, but interest rose after a study of the battle of stalingrad, where they found that SMGs were too small and rifles were too big, and this caused them to re-evaluate the use of intermediate cartridges, the gun itself was designed in 42, reaching the front by 44

they also only found flaw with using the MG34/42 after they found that they couldnt fit inside with mechanized infantry during their implementation of blitzkrieg
>>
>>90071625
Holy lol who cares that much about a cartoon's fidelity to alternate history
>>
>>90099934
i actually find nitpicking fun, i can both yell at a lack of inconsistency and attempt to autistically try to imagine the implications of what they have given us, while still enjoying it
>>
>>90099720
The snakes are hard to find, the spiders and salties are nigh impossible to even see.
>>
>>90099908
They had the MKb 42 by 1942/43 iirc.
>>
>>90073418
>They just seemed so... powerful. Like I'm literally struggling to understand exactly how Rose destroyed her. It doesn't make any sense. They can wipe out an entire line without a single thought.

yellow diamond sings about subjectS (as in plural) that destroyed her, perhaps all, or some, rose quartz' fused together to do it? and only stevens mother rose escaped somehow the following capture of the others
>>
>>90099590
too bad most characters in the show aren't worth half a shit
>>
>>90100313
When they talk about Pink Diamond, I'd have otherwise thought they were talking about Rose though. Plus Rose has abilities no other Quartz has had so far.

What if the crazy theories were true? What the hell is Rose Quartz?
>>
>>90086758
To be fair, there is an all women society with a RIGID caste system, that regularly colonizes other worlds, rapes them on natural resources and pretty much genocides the indigenous people.
>>
>>90100549
Just how tumblr likes it.
>>
>>90100549
They are no worse than the invaders from Independence Day.
I watched that movie as a kid and I thought the only scary thing they did was puppeteer that one guy during the autopsy.
>>
>>90100762
...And wipe out that major city...

>>90100549
For the great-err the demand of the qu-um... I mean homeworld, it must be done.
>>
What a load of shit.
Glad I dropped this show in season 1
>>
>>90101552
This man speaks the truth.
>>
>>90085564

i believe the gems tech skullfucking the earth messed up with the continents

remember how the final colony was supposed to look like in it couldve been great
>>
>>90078605
>How?

>he doesnt know about the emu war
>>
File: amethyst's wet pussy.gif (993KB, 430x248px) Image search: [Google]
amethyst's wet pussy.gif
993KB, 430x248px
>>90076023
>...Who's that cat?
>>
>>90103156
I'm a Sydney wanker anon.
I know the Roo culls, Shark culls and Rabbit culls but not an emu WAR.
>>
>>90072729
>>90071719
>No holidays
>No religion
>And the people still don't worship or even acknowledge the Gems that much

It's like the people who write this show don't understand human behavior at all. Probably why Sugar chose to have aliens be the stars of it who only sing, cry, and talk in anime cliches.
>>
>>90096958

> If the people studying the captured tech are not advanced enough already they won't be able to reverse engineer it at all.

> A psychotic mute gets a gem artifact from Steven

> Uses it to replicate a bunch of shit and smack around the CGs

> An obese, hyperactive retard is able to figure out the mechanics of a deathtrap-filled temple built by gems

Okay, stop...

Let's not pretend that the gem's technology is beyond human comprehension...

If humans in SU are even a tenth as curious, opportunistic, and/or stupid, as they are in the real world, they should be exploring gem sites and, trying to reverse-engineer gem technology for their own ends...

If not individual crackpots, explorers, or enthusiasts, then there would certainly be some governments or corporations trying to get their fingers into that particular pie...
>>
File: Attack eyebrows.jpg (69KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Attack eyebrows.jpg
69KB, 1000x562px
>>90103685
>>90082748
Just one of these would work VERY well in SU, and yet they don't, not even a parody of them.
>Mfw
>>
File: latest[1].png (433KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
433KB, 1280x720px
>This thread

>>90103685
Don't you think the cartoon has already enough sideplots on its back without throwing in evil Saturday morning hyoomans trying to crack gem technology?
>>
>>90104090
Haven't you read the entire thread?
>AIM or H.Y.D.R.A IN SU.
Nice.
>>
>>90103892

It doesn't even have to be overt...

I'd settle for subtle hints or signs sprinkled through-out the show...
>>
>>90104198
>Greg steps outside for a moment.
>A flash happens.
>He comes back inside but forgot why he went out.
Yes.
>>
>>90072186
Not to mention that one of the creators confirmed that human weapons such as ballistics are effective against a gem.
>>
>>90078089
>the traditions of basic morality, and law (The Ten Commandments
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or the exercise thereof."
Pick one.
>>
>>90104090

The show doesn't have enough interesting side-plots...

In fact, it doesn't really have much driving the narrative at all, or a clear focus, or even decent, semi-interesting antagonists now that I think of it (No, having your villain be sympathetic does not make them complex, and having the protagonists resolve all of the story's conflict peacefully and redeem all of the antagonists isn't a clever subversion if you repeat it to the point of it becoming formulaic)...
>>
>>90104226

>He looks down
>His arms are full of tally marks
>>
File: angry todd.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
angry todd.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
>gems came to earth 5000 years ago
>apparently everybody writing the show thinks humans were nothing more but dumb tribal cavemen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czgOWmtGVGs

Fuck SU's "worldbuilding". Rebecca seems to think humans are fucking retarded and didn't do anything important until 2000 BC.
>>
File: 1487614918182s.jpg (5KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
1487614918182s.jpg
5KB, 250x246px
>>90104453
Oh shit...
Hey, who turned out the lights?
>>
>>90104538
Alternate history, but also it's at minimum 5,750 years ago, likely more like 6,000.

That said, Pearl does mention hunter/gatherer society, while 6,000 years ago is more like Ancient Egypt and shit.
Like, right around when the Gems came, humans were starting to form high society.
>>
>>90104688

But most people were still hunter-gatherers when Pearl 'became a criminal'.The war was almost over when Egypt was united,
>>
>>90104538

What's with the barbarian subtitles?
>>
>>90075062

Connie goes to an integrated school.
>>
>>90075062

Also, if the portion of Africa joined South America back when the two continents split, then the population in the "extra" land would have been converted about the same time as anyone else. Though the actual line that separated Spanish and Portuguese claims may have been different.
>>
>>90072763
Gundam was always awful at contextualizing the atrocities it throws in for sensationalism. Zeons do little but calamitously horrible things yet somehow people in0universe don't see them as hyper-nazis and keep joining the newest wave of nostalgia faggots flying that flag.
>>
>>90103685
There's a difference between figuring out how to use something and figuring out how to make more of something. Only the latter is reverse engineering.

If you gave an AK-47 to cave man who's never seen any tech more advanced than a club. He can eventually figure out if you look down the sights and pull the trigger whatever you're aiming at will probably end up dead. But that doesn't mean he can figure out what the AK's made out of, how to make more of those materials, how to shape those materials in the right way, and make more of them.
>>
>>90087589
>Pink Diamond probably wasn't so bad after all...

That seems to be very likely the case. While both PD and Rose cherished human life, they disagreed on how they should be treated: PD wanted to keep them safely contained in a space zoo while she turns their planet into a colony for herself, while Rose wanted them to be free on a planet they call home.
>>
>>90105118
....But the AK will run out of ammo and the gem tech is probably infinite.
If not, super advanced civilisation my arse.
>>
Welll I personally just hate those SJW pandering bullshit like trans, gay and lesbians in a kids cartoon. But thats just me..
>>
File: ID4 cities damage.png (83KB, 917x717px) Image search: [Google]
ID4 cities damage.png
83KB, 917x717px
>>90100762
>>90100807
>...And wipe out that major city...
And these.
>>
>>90104688
look here
>>90099522
>>
>>90082877

Its on the russian sea
>>
>>90106664
Such level of civilization was not widespread all accross the world and Gems hadn't begun building their structures in Mesopotamia and Indus Valley yet, so it would be kinda fair to say that gems' first impressions of humans were that of hunter-gatherers.
>>
>>90105827

>still using 'pandering' unironically

Almost like conservative cultists are stupid
>>
Personally, I just want to see this Earth get BTFO by Homeworld, or any other alien race for that matter.
>>
Wait. Where is it said that World War 2 didn't happen?
>>
>>90072758
>Jews not being Abrahamic
Honestly if they did away with all the religions it would be cool. Keeping jews but erasing everyone else would be too on the nose, even for Rebecca.
>>
>>90071625
your autism is showing.
>>
>>90109595
where do you think we are.jpg
>>
File: 471687154172415.jpg (311KB, 1105x596px) Image search: [Google]
471687154172415.jpg
311KB, 1105x596px
I came here to discuss the various implications of SU's lore, but everything I wanted to say has been said in this thread already.
>>
>>90109802

Yellow Diamond: That's it. The Rebels are there.
Emerald: My Diamond, there are so many uncharted settlements. It could be smugglers. It could be...
Yellow Diamond: That is the system! And I am sure Peridot is with them. Set your course for the Sol system!! Fulgurite, prepare your men!!
>>
File: 1474544940095.jpg (57KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1474544940095.jpg
57KB, 500x750px
>>90072150
>When you cheeki Breeki so hard, you destroy Russia
>>
>>90071625
Replace Russia with Siberia and Mongolia. It also looks like the entirety of western Africa broke away with South America
>>
>>90082590
>gem activity eating the continent
This actually fixes a lot of problems. Huge chunks of land are missing/in different places because homeworld literally fucked with plate tectonics and the gems are literally gems. They eat up landmass as nutrients and the barren gulag of Russia was used for much of the gem production until things hit a point where they found they'd need to move into sentient organism occupied territory and out of places like the gulags and the grand Canyon (which is why Hollywood is in Kansas, further west is literally barren kindergartenland) for more Jasper,Amethyst, Rose Quartzes etc. production and that's when the CGs rose up and defended earth.

Though that would be a big ass fucking army of gems. Maybe only all the bubbled Rose Quartzes for PD came from Russian landmass, and that's why BD was worshiping her lost friend in Korea, at the edge of the production crater.
>>
>>90072733
>secret experimentation program by the Japanese government attempting to create bioweapons by infusing humans with gem shards extracted from monsters
Something like unit 731?
>>
>>90071872
man that image is gonna be useful to have, especially on this board.

also, what's up with calle street? Seriously, it's all over the place. I've got folders full of CALLE.
>>
File: you_fat_fedora_faggot.jpg (64KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
you_fat_fedora_faggot.jpg
64KB, 600x765px
>>90109542
>Honestly if they did away with all the religions it would be cool.
>>
>>90072981
>outlawing gay propaganda
>"homophobia"

Faggots got what they deserved.
>>
File: glubb.png (46KB, 273x693px) Image search: [Google]
glubb.png
46KB, 273x693px
>>90078089
>Scientific and Technological "Progress", secular causes, and even government takes up a lot of the humans' time, and serves some of these old, religious roles. like charities, or just providing hope.

The Catholic Church is the largest charity in the world, and most modern "secular values" are just watered down religious ones. You can try to find a secular substitute for religion, but you will always fail.
>>
File: 13889.jpg (192KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
13889.jpg
192KB, 640x480px
>>90075062
>Adult swim will never make an edgy sequel set during ww2 with human doing crazy shit with gem tech
>>
>>90113086
Thank God that He gave His own begotten son to us so we could be forgiven of our sins. Amen.
>>
>>90113672
Indeed, Amen.

>>90113086
It's like they never put any effort into SU.
(Smug face)
>>
>>90073238
A majority of people on /co/ are Americans, and Americans are terrible at geography. Of course they see a big ocean in Siberia and think "wow wtf sugar haet russia nao bcause GAYS." The most exposure they have to anything related to Russia are probably memes and /pol/.

Only one of the posters here noticed anything was off with Florida, and didn't even point out that it was the panhandle that was missing (though it is "Southern" Florida so I might give that a pass).
>>
File: 1349217226441.jpg (42KB, 720x439px) Image search: [Google]
1349217226441.jpg
42KB, 720x439px
>>90072150
>Pink Diamond's mural LITERALLY has her emerging from a planet
Well what do you know.
>>
>>90104321
Individual states had institutionalized religion during the 18th century

Only the federal government was originally banned from having a single church
>>
>>90081781
Cool so Baal worship is still a thing?
>>
>>90071625
your problem is that you care.

SU sucks.
>>
Is this thread dead?, it was a fun ride.
Someone greentext the essential components of this thread before it might get archived.
>>
>>90072491
You ever see last samurai? Watch the Gatling gun scene, that sums up how well gems would stand to firearms
>>
>>90071656
Without all of that Russian landmass, we can assume there was no WW2 because Hitler won and propagandised that there was no war.
This is actually the utopia we would have had.
Rebecca Sugar confirmed redpilled about history.
>>
>>90112612
>I've got folders full of CALLE.
OH DEAR GOD I'M NOT ALONE
>>
>>90073042
are you the obese monkey with the terrible eyesight that had to do damage control on the fandom
>>
>>90096148
But Pearl said that she was inspired BY human knights and the idea of knighthood
>>
>>90075723
You have a point, without the Protestant philosophy of autonomy and taking control of your own funds, capitalism wouldn't have come to fruition
>>
>>90072049
>Reminding me of Rose's large, tender arse
i gotta go wank now
>>
>>90081781
>Yahweh
>Volcano God

Stop listening to Graham Hancock.
>>
>>90115590
>Baal worship

So you would rather have actual human sacrifice than Abrahamic religions?
>>
>>90119502
the samurai didn't have spaceships, laser cannons, superhuman strenght and speed, super armor, energy blasts, or able to leap over tall buildings in a singe bound
Thread posts: 477
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.