[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Abominations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: New_Gods_Vol_3_1.jpg (94KB, 400x610px) Image search: [Google]
New_Gods_Vol_3_1.jpg
94KB, 400x610px
Fuck you, Evanier. Even Return of the New Gods was better than this trash.
>>
Doeas anyone actually like Orion?
>>
>>90053656
I do, he's the protagonist of the New Gods saga, after all.
>>
Do people even like anything post Kirby at DC? The exception i think is Ennis Demon
>>
>>90055587
Pretty much only Byrne and Didio/Giffen OMACS for me.
>>
>>90055587
>>90055632
>not Simonson's Orion
plebs
>>
>>90053656
Only under Kirby.
>>
>>90055672
It was good, no doubt.
But in terms of "wanting to see more" Byrne and Didio/Giffen OMACs gave me that.

Whereas I am usually very satisfied with the ending of the uncut Hunger Dogs that the Omnibus uses.
>>
>>90055587
Simonson's Orion primarily, also some of Morrison's stuff. I kinda liked Didio/Giffen OMAC.
>>
>>90055587
I liked Morrison's take on Shilo Norman/Mister Miracle
>>
>>90055672
No thank you.
>>
>>90055690
>Whereas I am usually very satisfied with the ending of the uncut Hunger Dogs that the Omnibus uses.

Was this where Darkseid kills Orion? I thought this was even better once realizing Captain Victory is the "true" follow-up to the Fourth World stuff.
>>
>>90055732
No, it's where New Genesis and Apokolips are destroyed due to Darkseid's inability to realize that this conflict would only lead to each planet's doom. Orion, however, was able to learn the same lesson Highfather learned back when he was a dog of war...and stepped back and survived.
>>
>>90055732
No it's the one where Highfather and New Genesis destroy Apokolips and everyone on it. Kirby's Fourth World is amazing, but Hunger Dogs is such a shit.
>>
>>90055764
Man, I kinda love it for Lightray's final goodbye and because of the parallels between Orion and Young Izaya.
>>
>>90055726
Keep being a tasteless faggot I guess. It's not an existence I envy, that's for sure.
>>
>>90053656
I fucking love Orion. I never understood all those plebs who seem to come out of nowhere and wonder if anyone actually likes any of them. They've always been a big part of the DCU to me.
>>
>>90053656
Orion by Simsonson is the best non-Kirby New Gods story. By a fair margin.
>>
>>90057604
No argument here.
>>
>>90055761
>>90055764
FUCK, now I really gotta track down the fourth volume at an affordable price. It's the only Omnibus of the series I didn't get yet.
>>
>>90057710
Yeah, the only one I could get at an affordable price had a worn out dust jacket.

But man it's worth it.
>>
>>90055587
This and DeMatteis' Mister Miracle
>>
File: Bloodlines_Vol_1_1.jpg (447KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodlines_Vol_1_1.jpg
447KB, 900x1384px
>>
>>90057985
faeggot
>>
File: image.jpg (320KB, 1600x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320KB, 1600x404px
>>90055764
I.. love Hunger Gods, Anon.

Aside from Captain Victory, another sequel to Hunger Gods, starting just minutes after the conclusion, in fact, is the second super powers mini by Kirby. It js the JLA vs Darksied. I love it.
>>
>>90057502
Not that Anon, but some just vastly prefer Kirby on Kirby stuff. It is an entirely different bag.
>>
>>90057825
I really like DeMatteisĀ“s Mister Miracle
>>
>>90061121
Well that's retarded. Kirby is dead, you're going to have to get used to authors who aren't Kirby working on Kirby stuff.
>>
>>90057604
Simonson is freaking good at doing epics.
>>
>>90061253
What a fucking weird thing to say. Like i'm compelled to read stuff I don't want to.
>>
>>90061333
I'm telling you that avoiding stuff because NOT MUH KIRBY is stupid since the guy is, you know, DEAD, tripster.
>>
>>90061355
Sure anon, enjoy your fanfics.
>>
>>90061413
As far as I know it's DC Comics and not Jack Kirby who owns the New Gods, so it's them who decide what's canon and what is, as you called it, "fanfiction". So, in other words, fuck off :^)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.