[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he really a good guy? or he is faking it all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: Sonofabitch.png (1MB, 900x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Sonofabitch.png
1MB, 900x1039px
Is he really a good guy? or he is faking it all?
>>
>>90053295
>Is he really a good guy
No, he's the smart guy.
>>
He's gonna crack soon. I just know it.
>>
>>90053394
the heck is that supposed to mean?
>>
Ironically the comic-book itself tells us that he is gonna fail eventually
>>
>>90053427
It means Robot isn't the type of guy to think saving the world just means punching a few bad guys and calling it a day, he's the type of guy that ushers a new utopian age because it's the most efficient way to combat crime.
>>
>>90053295

He's Tony Stark without the morality.

So no he's not a 'good' guy but he is the best guy. His entire reasoning is sound but he just went around it the wrong way.

Same as Dinosaurus.
>>
File: image.jpg (338KB, 656x979px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338KB, 656x979px
>>reminder that in one future immortal ruled the earth and mark became leader of the viltrunites after his dad died.This future might still happen since it did predict the whole disease thing and Terra
>>
I kind of want Freddie Wars 2.0 to end so we can get back to this.
>>
>>90053523
the thing is that he said he was going to conquer the world when he left Invincible in that other dimension and he didnt fit in because he could potentially stop him
>>
>>90053538
it seems there is a lot of stuff going on for the next 100 issues
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 463x419px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 463x419px
>>90053565
>>Next 100 issues
>>
>>90053295
With Freddy coming for Earth, it really doesn't matter now. Also, Mark is over the hero bullshit, he'll just take over the planet in the end.
>>
>>90053295
I really don't get Brit forgiving him for murdering Cecil. Or is that not common knowledge?
>>
>>90053668
>Mark flies into negotiation talks with Robot
>Punches his head off
>Comic ends

Bravo Kirkman
>>
>>90053668
Freddy will make Earth his own slaughterhouse
>>
>>90053295
Why did he even decide to do that whole KILL THE HEROES thing if he was just going to unite them in the end?
>Killed that martian who literally did nothing
>Killed a crapton of other hero groups
>Created animosity and made more problems for himself
>Still doesn't give a reason for all of this
Was it just for shock value?
>>
>>90053565
you mean last 11 issues
>>
>>90053691
cuz Cecil's dream was what Robot did
>>
>>90053747
wait, is Invincible ending already?
>>
Even neutral guys take the time to make their robot henchmen look non-threatening.
>>
>>90053740
He killed the ones he knew wouldn't join, ones that would undermine his leadership by turning the public against him (older capes with established fanbases), ones that could stop him easily if they wanted to (martian dude cause of shapeshifting) and also the Elephant for some reason.
>>
File: image.jpg (617KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
617KB, 1000x1537px
>>90053706
Punching robot again.Thinking it'll make a difference
>>
File: immortal.jpg (53KB, 1024x283px) Image search: [Google]
immortal.jpg
53KB, 1024x283px
>>90053973
>>
File: v1QSpZs.jpg (278KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
v1QSpZs.jpg
278KB, 768x1024px
>>90053523

Or cut out the middleman. Robot is Dr Doom. In a setting where Dr Doom is actually allowed to win.

Doom doesn't want to rule the world because he is a power-mad psycho. Doom wants to rule the world because he truly believes the best possible fate for humanity is with his hands at the steering wheel. While Reed sits in his ivory tower not giving out flying cars and the cure for cancer because it would disrupt the status quo, Doom wants to *make things better*.

Doom, and Robot, are both meta-commentary on comic books "god sides with whoever has the strongest army" morality. The heroes can outpunch the villains so the heroes are correct by definition. But they're not, they're just better at punching, thats a piss-poor decision making process.

But of course its hard to apply philosophical ponderings to adolescent fantasy stories.
>>
>>90053773
unfortunately and fortunately.

ottley told kirkman he didnt want to draw the book anymore so kirkman decided to write the last chapter instead of handing the torch off to another artist
>>
File: robot.png (1007KB, 890x876px) Image search: [Google]
robot.png
1007KB, 890x876px
>>90053295
he's definitely not faking it. he's just a sociopath.
>>
>>90054694
>instead of handing the torch off to another artist
What artist could even carry Ottley's torch?
>>
>>90054761
most likely the question kirkman asked himself
>>
>>90054694
>>ottley told kirkman he didnt want to draw the book anymore
what he said was "I don't want to draw Invincible for the rest of my life." which got kirkman thinking, "do I really want Invincible to go on forever." Also kirkman said he happened to be thinking about a cool arc that could end the whole series anyway, and thought a proper ending would be totally the opposite of what a mainstream comic book would do (aka what the series has always been about.)

He wants Invincible to end the way Spider-man and Superman never will.
>>
>>90053295
He isn't faking it, he genuinely thinks he can make the world a better place for the majority of the population but he'll inevitably go to far and just become a dictator down the line if allowed to rule for too long.
>>
>>90054922
That's legit. Invincible has always been the best cape comic despite ups and downs. Granted, this could have been less compressed(11 issues is not that much,and there was already stuff that felt rushed) but I'm fine with it.
>>
>>90053295
He conquered the world to make it peaceful because he was tired of seeing heroes fucking up, he mostly killed heroes that would stop him and establish an order where he pulls the string in the shadows.
I'd say his motives are neutral good, but he's far from superman boyscout good.
>>
>>90054696
What did he do?
>>
>>90056538
Its from when mark went back in time. Robot is flat out explaining why he takes over the earth in the present.
>>
>>90053295
>Kills people
>Good guy
Nooope, he's going for the greater good, that doesn't turn him into the good guy, only, if he succeeds, into the right guy
>>
>>90054696
The only post with a strong argument.
>>
>>90053498
...by murdering literally anyone who does or COULD possibly attempt to stop him from doing so.
>>
>>90059410
>murdering literally anyone who does or COULD possibly attempt to stop him from doing so
So ... exactly the sort of power consolidation that literally every autocrat or monarch has used at all points in history? Yes. Because Freedom is inversely proportionate to Security.

Or, to but it another way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso
>>
>>90053973
Why didn't he just grab and pull it apart?
>>
>>90053295
>Is he really a good guy? or he is faking it all?

He's the logical conclusion to the "why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker" question
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.