[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would western animations ever compete to anime? The main

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1481905113277.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1481905113277.gif
2MB, 480x270px
How would western animations ever compete to anime? The main problem stemming from the western audience insistence that cartoons are for kids. With the Japanese sliding into the vast Chinese market, I can't see it happening or would the x and y generation replacing the older, eventually rising cartoon status?.
>>
"otaku" are looked down upon in japan too
>>
I miss the anime club.
>>
>>90049595

Not gonna happen in our lifetime since animation/cartoons is heavily linked to Disney and Disney wants to keep their movies
for kids.
>>
just for something is for kids doesn't mean it's bad or that adults cant enjoy it

personally never got into anime
>>
>>90049617
I miss the Eltingville Club
>>
>>90049595
There are "cartoons" for adults and some of them are greats but no ones watch them.
>>
>>90049595
>western audience insistence that cartoons are for kids
what is Family Guy? What is South Park? What is Archer?
>>
>>90049723
What is Venture bros? What is Rick and Morty?
>>
>>90049723
12-15 year olds are the primary audience of family guy
>>
>>90049743
12-15 year olds are the target audience for "adult" anime
>>
File: anime.jpg (481KB, 1365x1586px) Image search: [Google]
anime.jpg
481KB, 1365x1586px
Western animation has the edge of a actual variation in its content, independent avenues for up-and-coming animators to distribute non-child-focused animation, and a handful of adult-focused animation studios that, while promoting cheaply produced content, actually do support adult-oriented animations (Comedy Central, [adult swim]).

The main issue anime has is stagnance. It can hit the Chinese market all it wants, but that doesn't change the fact that most popular modern anime is cut from the same shonen/SOL cloth, to the point where the difference between late 2000s anime and mid 2010s anime is what color the tsundere's hair is, or how long the anime-obsessed female otaku's ahoge is, or how many official figurines and Gift plushes you can adorn your shelves with. The popular online anime that hits a truly creative niche (Redline, Dead Leaves, Inferno Cop, arguably PSG) are the exceptions, not the rule. Western animation simply has more leeway to be creative in animation style and content, despite corporate conglomeration, and will outshine anime in the creative sphere if not the consumer sphere.
>>
>>90049812
That's what I hate about anime. It seems so void of creativity and actual care for the medium. It's just the same show copypasted 500 times to make money off of basement dwelling NEETS who need their next anime figure. I mean sure there's good shit, but for the moment Japan is more creativity bankrupt than we are. At least we get original ideas and art over here.
>>
western cartoons are just giant toy commercials. if they dont sell toys, or dvds they get canceled no matter how popular they are. that's the biggest problem with them. good shows rarely go more than a couple seasons
>>
>>90049926
you have to think of seasonal anime production like you'd think of mexican soap operas. Cheaply produced, overtly dramatic comedies

Anime actually designed to make to make something new (aka not make money) numbers in maybe one or two per season

>>90050128
animes are also heavily dependant on DVD sales tho'
>>
Is it possible for good Western cartoons to depend on other stream of income?
>>
>>90051379
You mean, like Laika?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.