[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Thor the least popular avenger? Is he "cool"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

Is Thor the least popular avenger? Is he "cool"?
>>
>>90001765
>Least popular

That's a funny way to spell best
>>
He's what casuals think Wonder Woman should be: a sometimes thick skulled warrior who fights gigantic monsters in a sword and sorcery world.

He's the least popular of the "Trinity" but he would be more popular if he had actually decent movies instead of two shitty ones and a stealth Hulk movie.
>>
>>90002011
True
>>
File: 1404447511407.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1404447511407.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>90002011
>Stealth Hulk movie

It seems more like a team-up, with a few scenes that are Planet Hulkish. I hope your assessment turns out to be incorrect. Thor needs a good solo movie focused on him, goddamn it
>>
>>90002011
>>90001765
there are people who are really into thor and most people who know their shit about comics like thor, he's just a bit more out there than cap or iron man, and it also not pushed as much. many casuals don't really give a shit about them but just pretend to like them or be interested because they think that will score them extra nerd points, thinking other will mistake their fake interest in movies for a personality.
>>
>>90001765
He's without a doubt the best Avenger and the broest bro in all the nine realms.
>>
File: betaraybill.jpg (320KB, 1000x1488px) Image search: [Google]
betaraybill.jpg
320KB, 1000x1488px
>>90001765
Bill is better.
>>
I wanna see more Thor/Punisher together
>>
>>90002501
How would that even work?
>>
>>90001765
That'd be Hawkeye, I think.
>>
File: tsh.jpg (144KB, 1914x506px) Image search: [Google]
tsh.jpg
144KB, 1914x506px
>>90002639
>>
>>90002825
Good enough for me.
>>
>>90002825
They should have kept Big Boss Punisher
>>
He has better comics than the other Avengers
>>
he's the hottest
>>
>>90002864
Agreed
>>
>>90002864
Solid Frank is Best Frank
>>
>>90002316
And the irony is I think it's easier to do a good Thor movie than any other Marvel property, yet both of these multi million dollar movies haven't been able to be as exciting as even a single issue of Kirby's Thor.

It boggles the mind that writers born before fucking WWII like Kirby and Gardner Fox understood how to make a good simple story more than these Hollywood jokers who make from one script more than either of them made in their entire lives combined.
>>
>>90002398
I miss this version of Odin.
>>
>>90001765
How would be the best to replace Thor?

Hyperion?
Hercules?
>>
>>90002322
As an avid /tg/ goer I like Thor because he's a twist on Fantasy mixed with a little Sci-fi, like all Cosmic Marvel was.

That's what sort of brought me to Cosmic Marvel, it's not just Sci-fi, it's abstract concepts and forces beyond understanding clashing in a vibrant spacial landscape.

Thor and high adventure among the Sea of Stars is the hypest shit ever and the new movie is going to be shit because it's based on Ragnarok, but will be full of Quips.

I mean unless the director actually manages it, all I will be is angry when they chew the scene of "He Stood alone and Gjallerbru"
>>
>>90004914
The Issue is Thor doesn't work as a superhero, he works best as a Hero. An old fashioned Warrior Hero.
>>
File: Karl Urban.jpg (196KB, 824x550px) Image search: [Google]
Karl Urban.jpg
196KB, 824x550px
>>90005107
Karl urban is a good choice for Skurge though.
>>
>>90005138
>The Issue is Thor doesn't work as a superhero

Read more Thor
>>
>>90005231
I think you misread me.

Thor doesn't work as your classic Spandex'd Superhero. He can save the day, saving common people and so forth easily, he can just hang around with them as friends.

But there is a spirit to him at his best, Where he is a Wandering Adventurer than the muscle of the Avengers where he is played best.
>>
>>90005169

i fucking hate Karl Urban, but i really like the casting. he did greatin Dredd.

maybe i just really hate his face?
>>
File: doom.jpg (256KB, 1024x1588px) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
256KB, 1024x1588px
>>90004914
If it's trying to capture the Kirby/Simonson era stuff, I think that's impossible.
>>
>>90005043
Beta Rey Bill, or Spider Woman, or Black Knight or Wonder-Man.
>>
>>90005169

Costume design has come a long way thankfuly
>>
>>90005455
Sadly not for the Thor Movies. We got faggots wanting everything to be technology to blame for that because they misinterpret kirby's ideas.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.