[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In Toy Biz, Inc vs United States, Marvel successfully argued

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 14730240._SX540_.jpg (40KB, 540x361px) Image search: [Google]
14730240._SX540_.jpg
40KB, 540x361px
>In Toy Biz, Inc vs United States, Marvel successfully argued that Mutants are not humans in order to avoid paying tariffs on action figures
>This is now the official stance of the United States government
>Marvel completely undermined the entire point of the series in order to make some extra toy money

And people say Marvel doesn't hate the X-Men
>>
>>89991849
>Marvel completely undermined the entire point of the series in order to make some extra toy money

Wouldn't that go hand in hand with it, though? Denying rights for a little extra dough is something that happens in real life all the time.
>>
>>89991849
Marvel is an X-Men villain, I thought this was clear.
>>
>>89991849
>tariffs on action figures
What?
>>
>>89991849

Look, I'm just saying - that man has a pretty good argument, because Kurt looks like the fucking Devil.
>>
>>89991929
Import laws are strange things

Reason if you personally import from a place in Japan they will label it plastic hobby or similar to dodge tariffs.
>>
>>89991929
There are special tariffs on dolls imported into the US, but Marvel argued that since mutants weren't humans they don't count as dolls and shouldn't be taxed.

Similarly, Hasbro tried to make a similar case by arguing that action figures were not the same as dolls but failed. The US decided that GI Joes are in fact dolls.
>>
>>89991977
Helps when Mattel writes a lot of that legislation and has lobbyists to screw their competitors.
>>
>>89991977
There a size restriction on that? Reason we got the 3.75 scale?
>>
>>89991849
Marvel is run by jews, why are you so surprised?
>>
>>89992012
>Reason we got the 3.75 scale?

The full size Gi Joes were expensive as hell, and people became less willing to pay the price.

Here's the court case for anyone curious:
http://openjurist.org/879/f2d/838/hasbro-industries-inc-v-united-states
>>
O.p one is homo sapien, the other is homo superior.
>>
File: ydctth.png (242KB, 580x390px) Image search: [Google]
ydctth.png
242KB, 580x390px
>>89991849
>>
>>89992635
Boo is a great human being! He saved a puppy!
>>
>>89991849
It's really weird how much more menacing Stryker managed to be in the comic than in the movie. I really like Brian Cox but ironically he came off as less threatening to me because he was some high level black ops military guy with a task force and endless funding and a secret base. But in the comic he was just a diamond dozen reverend and televangelist, of which I've seen many down here in the belt. And I think that really better drove home the point about his paranoia as he was just a regular shmuck convincing all of these other regular shmucks to believe and do these terrible things. In the end there was nothing particularly special about Stryker as a person and he was dealt with easily, it was more about the threat he represented and how easily it could spread like a virus under the right circumstances.

I get that it doesn't exactly make for an entertaining blockbuster so I don't hold the change against the movie guys or anything but it's ultimately the reason I'll always prefer GLMK to X2.
>>
>>89994086
> diamond dozen
I agree with most of the rest of your post but for this you must die.
>>
>>89994144
So I miscoated, there's no need to be such a pre-madonna. You really should climb down off your petal-stool.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.