[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything as deep as bionicle's lore currently running?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 200px-Comic1.png (142KB, 200x309px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Comic1.png
142KB, 200x309px
Look it up.
You might be confused, but better off in the end.
Just don't look up G2.
>>
>>89987448
RIP Bionicle, was a great series, I still have the old Mata Nui flashgame on my computer somewhere.
F
>>
>>89987703
F indeed.
>>
>>89987448
Me and a few people I know are attempting to make a Bionicle successor.
>>
>>89988926
Is it deep though?
Or is it shallow?
>>
File: 1415258028200.jpg (42KB, 498x476px) Image search: [Google]
1415258028200.jpg
42KB, 498x476px
>>89987448
>Bionicle originally came out in 2001
>2001 was 16 years ago
>Bionicle is now nearly as old as Gen-1 Transformers was when Bionicle first came out
>>
>>89989084
>Modern transformers and G2 bionicle have less than half the content and meaning they used to.
>>
I loved Bionicles. The first wave, Mata Nui and the second (Metro Nui, if i am right) were awesome. Sweet childhood. I also remember the toys came with small CDs with some video games and history about Bionicle Universe. Shit was diamonds
>>
The creation behind it is much more intriguing to be honest. The canisters being a capsule and the toa inside them being the medicine was pure fucking genius.
>>
>>89990532
Medicine for who? Never heard of it
>>
File: Steven_Shield_WD.png (214KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Steven_Shield_WD.png
214KB, 3000x3000px
>>89987448
Yes.
>>
>>89990749
I knew this felt familiar.
>>
> the story of Mata Nui and the betrayal of the Makuta is almost biblical. The Toa are a metaphor for medicine sent in capsules to cure a body (Mata Nui) of land from a life threatening disease as the "great spirit" sleeps.

Shit is deep. So sad that the golden age of Bionicle is gone
>>
>>89990697
Mata Nui, who's a 40 million foot tall robot everyone lives inside of, except the people on the island of Mata Nui, which is camouflage to keep anyone from noticing his face, which isn't submerged.
>>
>>89991257
I know.
It burns.
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 1023x827px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 1023x827px
>>89991418
Damn you for creating this thread! I spent all day reading some interesting stuff about Bionicle and fell in nostalgia. Gonna watch the first two movies some time soon.
Those were the days
>>
>>89991629
I regret bringing up these old wounds.
But I would also regret not doing so.
>>
>>89991696
I forgot my own name!
I guess I am damned.
>>
>>89991696
Yep, this feeling is sweet but painful
>>
>>89987448
Bionicle G2 was better than late G1, my man.
>>
>>89991873
>No makuta G2 set.
>But the stars sets were pitiful.
I don't know, both are fiercely underwhelming and horrible.
>>
This is what it's like for me.
https://youtu.be/e3-5YC_oHjE
Horrible isn't it?
>>
Bump.
Please help me out.
>>
you should check out ABC Warriors OP
>>
>>89994580
Interesting.
I'll pick it up when I can.
But I also said "currently running".
>>
I miss Bionicle, but given the lore-heavy nature that happened when they let Greg F run the show, I'm not too sorry to see it go.

I feel like they should have stuck to the basics: Heroes doing heroic work against the forces of evil. When you start to write the Great American Novel through a toy line and comic book, that's when you start to get too ahead of yourself. Know what I mean?
>>
>>89994880
There's no shortage of lore heavy stuff still running and you're crazy if you think Bionicle was the deepest. Halo, 40K, both Big Two Universes, The Elder Scrolls. That's just off the top of my head.

I just recommended ABC Warriors cause it's also about robots.
>>
>>89994942
I'm still mad that the Velika plot ended in a cliffhanger. And G2 went on the opposite direction, being as deep as those "deepest lore" shitshows /co/ fawn over
>>
>>89995162
I think DEEPEST LORE is just an exaggeration for maintaining continuity, which given the past ten or twenty years of cartoons has been a rarity of sorts.

But yeah, I dropped out of Bionicle around 2005 or so, or just before whenever the Piraka showed up.
>>
Seriously help.
Even if its /a/.
Although I prefer /co/.

>>89995200
You missed the ignition series?
>>
>>89995361
Probably. I still got the comics, though. I have them all in a shoebox along with some other Bionicle stuff I collected over the years.
>>
>>89995387
Poor matoro....
I won't tell you.
FFFFF
F
FFFFF
F
F
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CIJ_MjIOHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNJfvBL4mw

God why was Bionicle so damn good.
>>
>>89996205
Because.
>Great story.
>Great music selection.
>Awesome voice actors.
>Epic twists.
I don't think this could be proven wrong.
>>
File: A_day_in_danmark.jpg (56KB, 400x705px) Image search: [Google]
A_day_in_danmark.jpg
56KB, 400x705px
>>89996205
Danish world view is actually quite okay
It helps
>>
I just think it was the biggest load of shit to have all the story in novels while the comics always ended with SEE THE MOVIE TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.
>>
>>89997106
What book are you stuck with?
>>
>>89990749
Go back to tumblr.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.