[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has Marvel Started Working On A Secret Namor Film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Namor_McKenzie_(Earth-616).jpg (152KB, 471x726px) Image search: [Google]
Namor_McKenzie_(Earth-616).jpg
152KB, 471x726px
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/16/marvel-started-working-secret-namor-film/

>In June of last year, while on the Fatman on Batman podcast, Marvel’s Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada told Kevin Smith that the much disputed rights to Namor: The Sub-Mariner had reverted back to Marvel. He had been locked up for years at Universal and then for a while it was unclear exactly who owned the rights. But Quesada’s statement seems to indicated that the mess had been cleaned up. This is an important thing to keep in mind since there is a fun new rumor swirling around.

>Now, where is the rumor coming from? A twitter account for Reel News Hawaii is talking about both Sub-Mariner and Aquaman filming in the Aloha State.

https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/status/831936323749437441

>Reel New Hawaii does have some credibility, being the first site to report that the Inhumans would be filming on the islands. And I could see Marvel wanting to get their undersea hero underway before DC’s makes his big screen debut. But Marvel’s film slate is jammed packed for the next few years, I’m not sure they could wedge another film in before well into the next decade. Netflix has a pretty full dance card and the Inhumans (ABC) and Cloak & Dagger (Freeform) are on their way… leaving the TV landscape pretty full as well.

>I would take this rumor with a sea full of salt.
>>
>>89985284
I thought Aquaman is filming in New Zealand and Australia
>>
>>89985284
Nobody likes namor
>>
Sam Witwer for Namor
>>
>>89985284
Wait, what was the deal? Please tell me Universal will be able to expand on Marvel Super Hero Island. That place is the shit.
>>
>>89985311
Stop posting Reed, you have a multiverse to recreate.
>>
File: invaders_s6zo11280.jpg (115KB, 576x729px) Image search: [Google]
invaders_s6zo11280.jpg
115KB, 576x729px
Invaders soon, brothers
>>
>>89985284
Could be great if they really make him an anti-hero, brash and violent but well-intentioned at heart. Though he'd really be stepping on Black Panther's toes as king of a secluded nation, which is why I think they should just make him the villain in Black Panther 3 or even an Avengers movie after Infinity War.
>>
>>89985416
Is that why no Namor ongoing has made it to a hundred issues?
>>
>>89985311
Im a Aquman man myself. Namor is a wing footed prick
>>
>>89985584
not him but namor works better as a suppord character , antagonist or waifu stealer
>>
weirdly, namor was only ever good when written by bendis
>>
File: NEWAVNIL001.jpg (51KB, 300x453px) Image search: [Google]
NEWAVNIL001.jpg
51KB, 300x453px
>>89985456

Getting close to the Illuminati too.

Namor represents the antiheroes.

Black Panther can take Black Bolts place as the Ruler/King Representative (also Wakanda).

Hank Pym can take Reed's place as the science representative.

Replace Charles with someone from the Cosmic side who has ties to Earth (Carol Danvers most likely).

Tony and Doctor Strange remain unchanged.
>>
File: 1683474-hobonamor3.jpg (27KB, 182x508px) Image search: [Google]
1683474-hobonamor3.jpg
27KB, 182x508px
>>
>>89986102
Why replace BB? Keep T'Challa as he is and BB as he is aswell. No need for replacing desu. Albiet it doesn't look like the TV series aren't crossing over with the movies, they could in the future. Or am I just being too optomistic?
>>
>>89986682
You're being too optimistic. They may take place in the same universe, but the movie side has 0 interest in using anything from the TV side and the TV side can't afford to pay any of the movie side's main characters.
>>
>>89986102

>He actually believes this

What year would this movie get filmed? 2025? Give me a break.
>>
>>89985312
That's actually pretty good.
>>
>>89986727
Well, fuck. But if they did do some weird crossover thing in the future, it would probably just some shorts parts with some TV characters in the movies. I was hoping BB would show up in Avengers 4 that way desu.
>>
>>89985594
>Namor is a wing footed prick
That's why we like him.
>>
>>89985594
>Namor is a wing footed prick
That's his whole appeal.
>>
>>89986763
>What year would this movie get filmed? 2025?

If theirs any truth to the rumor then it could be the John Ridley TV show they've been quiet about. Though leaks were saying it was a Power Pack show, the hints they've given also fit Namor.

That said, this is probably related to Triton from the Inhumans show then anything related to Namor. Namor's probably come up in a conversation somewhere and the stories been twisted.
>>
I have a feeling they'll make him Asian.
>>
>>89987909
Good.

He looks Asian already.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (379KB, 1284x1252px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
379KB, 1284x1252px
>>89987930
But Muh comics.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.