[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this show so damn charming? Something as hamfisted as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: captain-planet.jpg (58KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
captain-planet.jpg
58KB, 600x400px
Why is this show so damn charming? Something as hamfisted as Captain Planet had no right being so good yet it had plenty of fun episodes.

I also wonder why no one has tried to reboot it considering how many of the messages it preached became rather mainstream.
>>
Everyone is trees.
>>
because I wanted to be an Eco terrorist growing up too.
climate change is real
global warming is happining
greenhouse effect is man made
>>
>>89981100
They were never terrorist.
>>
Remember that episode about Aids and HIV ? This kids show had a episode about Aids. It was a good episode.
>>
>>89981015
Wow is it really that good? Is it worth watching?
>>
File: 1462037148665.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462037148665.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>89981015
>simplistic pseudoscience agenda
>charming
>>
>>89982304

Kino
>>
File: adfdsf.jpg (21KB, 473x353px) Image search: [Google]
adfdsf.jpg
21KB, 473x353px
>>89982304
Its super fucking hammy but thats apart of the charm.

It also has top tier soviet waifu
>>
>>89982280
I remember a shitload of educational school cartoons that talked about the dangers of getting fucked in the ass by strangers and getting Aids.
>>
File: The One Above All.jpg (118KB, 311x396px) Image search: [Google]
The One Above All.jpg
118KB, 311x396px
>>89981015
>Why is this show so damn charming?

Ted Turner based the show on his real life adventures.
>>
>>89982280
They also had an episode about overpopulation where Wheeler has too many kids for no reason & things get really dicey on how you're not supposed to have kids or everyone else will starve to death.
>>
File: Führer Manchu.png (269KB, 460x347px) Image search: [Google]
Führer Manchu.png
269KB, 460x347px
>that episode where they unintentionally made Hitler look badass by stopping Captain Planet dead in his tracks just by sheer force of hate alone
It's like they trusted their target demographic, literal children who likely had no idea this character was real, to bare in mind that being OP as hell isn't a good thing if you haven't ascribed to the Planeteer's liberal morality.
>>
>>89982132

Doesn't matter. ANTIFA's parading Steven Universe around as their symbol. Also, Russian Gadget cults.
>>
>>89983363
Reminder that you as a western child consumed 20x more resources growing up than any black baby in africa.
>>
>>89981015
>YFW Reboot
>YFW Wheeler gets shit on every episode for being a white male
>YFW gender wage gap episode
>YFW trans episode
>TFW feminist episode
>>
>>89984533
So is that suppose to be Stalin or Hitler?
>>
>>89984533
Remember that time the show told us that people shouldn't be allowed to breed freely?
>>
>>89987385
Everyone on this site should follow that advice.
>>
>>89987445
If you're on 4chan the odds are it's not going to be much of a problem for you.
>>89985101
I mean, Wheeler was kind of the go-to asshole on the team to begin with.
>>
The last episode I ever watched was the first episode of a two parter involving some sort of super-narcotic. One of the planeteers had spiked another's food with the drug when she wouldn't succumb to peer pressure. I have no idea how it ended.
>>
>>89987511
This is the series for me in a nutshell, there are like 120+ episodes and I can never remember watching any of them no matter how many times I try to pick up the show again
>>
>>89987511
They all became drug addicts.
Series end.
Anyone remember the episode where everyone turned into rat people or some shit? I remember that being weird.
>>
File: tumblr_n70jfanPjA1re1qkwo1_500.png (89KB, 417x234px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n70jfanPjA1re1qkwo1_500.png
89KB, 417x234px
>>89987558
Yeah...Weird.
>>
>>89987615
... What am I missing anon? I can barely remember it, were there lewd rats?
>>
We should play a game.

Its called, "Guess the real Captain Planet episode.". It's real easy, you post two greentext one of a real captain planet episode and one fake episode.
>>
>>89987728
I haven't watched it in so long I can't provide any actual episodes, but I'll happily try to guess.
>>
>>89987558
I remember an episode where Wheeler got stuck on some island of tiny rat people with serious overpopulation problems, pretty novel concern to bring up back in the early 90s when we hadn't even reached 6 billion worldwide yet IT WAS ALL A DREAM or some shit
>>
So basically its about a group of hippies calling on someone else to fix the problem
>>
>>89987889
Population Bomb was published in the 60s. Malthus brought up overpopulation as a concern in the 18th century.

Overpopulation has become less important as an issue because the number of people living in extreme poverty has decreased - in absolute terms - even as population keeps rising.
>>
Why did the villains want to pollute so fucking much?
>>
>>89988371
Because MWAAHAHAHA.
>>
Boomerang was rerunning it like last month. Made me download the whole show. It's actually pretty damn good. Lots of great episodes. Everyone always joked about Ma Ti but Heart was useful as fuck.
That episode where Linka's cousin got her hooked on drugs and then he overdosed was insane. That wasn't something I expected from a show aimed at kids. The aids episode, the overpopulation episodes. The show had a lot of death and adult themes.

The newer art style they went with for the last season made Gi sexy as hell.

>>89985101
Wheeler was already treated as a joke by the others because he was an ass. Linka still wanted that Brooklyn dick though.
>>
>>89989054
>then he overdosed was insane
Oh, so that's what happened.
>>
>>89989054
>Linka still wanted that Brooklyn dick though.
She wanted that Greencard, post soviet russia was a shit hole.
>>
Show had entertaining rogues.
>>
>>89981015
HE'S THE MEGA MCDADDY OF ECOLOGY
>>
>>89987244
I'm pretty sure it was Hitler, considering the historically retarded WWII setting.

But now that you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised if he was meant to actually be an amalgamation of other historic leaders.
>>
>>89981015
>remembered watching an interview with Ted Turner, when asked how would he improve the then-new Cartoon Network Ted replied 'by creating more Captain Planet episodes and having CN show Captain Planet all the time'
Good thing he wasn't in charge of programming...still...
TTG MARATHONS
We trade one unnecessary item for another
>>
>That episode that was sympathetic to China's one child policy
>The Earth will be fucked if we reach 7 billion people, stop breeding now!
>>
>>89984533
>Villian goes back in time to sell hitler nukes
>Cap' Planet stops this but through sheer carelessness accidents leaves the nuclear bomb schematics in the past where it's discovered by the allies.
>Captian planet is why nuclear bombs exist earlier than they should
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.