[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Still waiting for that 4th volume, DC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: E1.jpg (244KB, 900x1476px) Image search: [Google]
E1.jpg
244KB, 900x1476px
Still waiting for that 4th volume, DC
>>
Why?
>>
>>89979698
JMS said he's getting quitting after one DC project, and the last one he had announced was FLash Earth One vol 1

So I hope you like two things that'll never be finished
>>
>>89979794
At least if they come back to it it'll be with someone else writing. Book felt like a lot of wasted potential.
>>
>>89979698
why? the character arc was done.
He's actually Superman with the correct motivations now.

If anything, I wasnt John's Batman Earth One vol-3!
>>
File: prototype.jpg (211KB, 940x420px) Image search: [Google]
prototype.jpg
211KB, 940x420px
>>89979698
>>
>>89979698
oh hey, the other guy who liked Earth One besides me

How you doing OP
>>
I really don't see how DC fucked up the Earth One line so much. It's been almost 7 years now and there's what, 8 trades total?

They had a chance for this to be their Ultimate Universe. Something cheap and easy for casuals to get into. Hell, the first volume of Superman is basically the same plot as Man of Steel. The first one was HUGE, and then they did ... well pretty much nothing.

* Books come out in hardcover and regular trades don't follow for well over a year
* Still no Flash, GL, Aquaman, or Justice League
* Grant Morrison's WW became Earth One because ... no reason at all?

Seriously, if they were putting out one of these a quarter, they could have a pretty cool imprint built up by now. It's not like any of them have been masterpieces that needed 2 years to write; it's just normal capeshit.
>>
>>89979698
Which Superman is this supposed to be now?
>>
>>89980538
I will never not get Prototype vibes from the first volume cover.
>>
>>89981092
>>89980538
I still want a 3rd game dammit
>>
>>89980454

I wouldn't mind another set of three books in Earth One, say set 10 years in the future. So Mrs. Lex is in jail, the hooker neighbor is now married to say Pete Ross, and Clark is single and working as a digital reporter for Daily Planet Communications Worldwide Media. Clark's also just broken up from a serious relation with that female army Major. Written by say Matt Fraction.
>>
>>89980839

A lot of DC's ongoing series are essentially AU Universes. What has Johns really been doing with his major events other than either AUs or Crossovers. New Krypton (which even if he didn't write the actual ongoings, he essentially set it all and is responsible for it) and Flashpoint were essentially AUs that lead to a big rest button at the end where really not much was changes as far as status quo (except DC suits decided to switch FP into an excuse for a reboot).

Forever Evil is just a crossover that again essentially leads to a big old reset button at the end with little changes from the status quo.

That's part of it and another part is probably related to the fuck ups by the C-Level suits at DC. You're right, it could be a nice line and there are plenty of people who would love to work with the characters without dealing with some of the editors and the obligations of a serial run.

Grant's WW was always meant to be an Earth One book. There's no real reason why it took as long as it did, since it wasn't an artwork issue and he could have easily finished the scripts in 2014 for 2015 printing and release.

>>89979794
>FLash Earth One vol 1

Last thing I want is a JMS book on Barry or Wally.
>>
>>89980454
vol 3 ended on a cliffhanger
>>
>>89980839
>It's been almost 7 years now and there's what, 8 trades total?
>They had a chance for this to be their Ultimate Universe. Something cheap and easy for casuals to get into
OGNs aren't high on the list of writers' or higher ups' priorities. They're essentially just extra little bonuses that are usually given to people who already have fans since that's the only way it'll sell.
That and a lot of them tend to write the entire thing or most of it at once, unlike floppies where they write just 20 issues at a time.

>Hell, the first volume of Superman is basically the same plot as Man of Steel.
Because Goyer lifted from it

>Books come out in hardcover and regular trades don't follow for well over a year
All of DC's trades are like this and people complain about it all the time
>Still no Flash, GL, Aquaman, or Justice League
Flash got announced but before didn't have a show or tv so it wouldn't have sold as much, see above
GL as a brand was ruined when the movie and merch bombed in every way and the show got pulled, so they got conservative with the brand
Aquaman isn't getting his movie until 2018
* Grant Morrison's WW became Earth One because ... no reason at all?
Because DC doesn't care about Wonder Woman
>>
>>89980839
Flash and Aquaman got announced though expect creative team changes or for it to take a while because they keep doing other things.
>>
>>89983285
I just want to see Clark tap that hooker pussy desu
>>
>>89979698
Are you me? Thought I was all alone.
>>
>>89983200
>Grant's WW was always meant to be an Earth One book
It most certainly was not. He had been working on that long before it became Earth One. Greg Rucka was supposed to do WW: EO, until they decided Morrison's would fit better under that marketing for some reason.

There's literally no reason for Morrison's to be Earth One. He just wrote it as a standalone story.
>>
>>89983477
>Flash got announced but before didn't have a show or tv so it wouldn't have sold as much, see above
>GL as a brand was ruined when the movie and merch bombed in every way and the show got pulled, so they got conservative with the brand
>Aquaman isn't getting his movie until 2018
None of that has anything to do with comics. Superman: EO was before Man of Steel came out. Flash was a HUGE comic property back when EO started; the Johns run was selling in the top 10 from what I recall, and Flash was the center of DC's major event.

Also, all that reasoning makes even less sense when you consider that Wonder Woman and Teen Titans came out, despite them meeting none of your criteria. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>89980839
Oh man, I do agree with this. EO should've been their huge big opportunity to do something new, yet familiar and exciting with their characters, their Ultimate Universe, as you said. But half the books haven't even really been that good and for some reason, they still haven't given us anything but Superman, Batman, WW, and TT yet. And absolutely no one gave a fuck about volumes 2 and 3 of Superman. That's how much of a blunder EO was. Getting JMS to write that shit was a HUGE mistake.

>>89981287
I haven't even played the games. But Clark really does look like the guy from the first Prototype game to me. It really looks to me like a forced 'relatable, grounded, realistic' take on Superman to me, which is like something the video game industry would do at its current point of maturity.
>>
>>89986038
Not making shit up, you just don't know how they think lol
>>
>>89986038
>all that reasoning makes even less sense when you consider that Wonder Woman and Teen Titans came out
Except it doesn't because Wonder Woman has a movie coming out (and Grant Morrison is a popular writer who will sell just fine) and Teen Titans is a popular franchise outside of comics (also TTG came out before vol 1 came out and brought all the whiners to the forefront). And both being middling franchises in comics.
Flash didn't get one announced until after the show came out and they knew a movie was coming. Same with Aquaman.
>>
>>89986185
And you do? Let me guess, your uncle works at DC?
>>
I am rereading the series right now, I am at the third volume and man, I can appreciate this series way more than the first time I did read.

It is very similar to Man of Steel but his Clark is very Clarkesque, not unlike Cavill.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.