[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always kinda wanted the Decepticons to win for some reason,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: transformers-geewun_1418662095.jpg (82KB, 438x433px) Image search: [Google]
transformers-geewun_1418662095.jpg
82KB, 438x433px
I always kinda wanted the Decepticons to win for some reason, anybody else? My favorite thing as a kid was the Autobot slaughter in the movie
>>
>>89974728
Decepticons are the best. You have good taste anon.
>>
>>89976129
Oh yes
>>
>>89974728
I was always unclear on what their goal was in the show.

They wanted Earth's energy to get back to Cybertron, right? Or to rule the Earth and the universe? Did they even care about humans one way or the other?
>>
>>89976991
They had access to Cybertron, their main goal was simply conquest

As for humans....there were times they were willing to work with them, really they seemed more interested with destroying the Autobots than targeting humans but if they had their way I'm sure they would have enslaved them
>>
>>89977122
>They had access to Cybertron

Not initially. The plot of the first season or so was finding enough energy to get back.
>>
I sympathize. How much cooler is Cobra than GI Joe? A sexy black haired Russian in black latex, a Scottish dude with bling and a metal face mask, Cobra commander with his awesome voice, blue terrorist hood or reflective helmet, a pair of sexy Corsican identical twins who are CEOs for a front company, a fucking biker gang? Meanwhile GI Joe is like a multicultural Village People with pirates, football players, rapping chefs and other assorted losers. Generally bad guys are much cooler than heroes.
>>
>>89977253
Maybe you're right, it's been a long time since I've seen it I just remember episodes where they go between Earth and Cybertron willy nilly
>>
>>89976991
The OP spells it out pretty well. They want to fucking annihilate each other. The whole reason they end up stranded on Earth is because Megatron is that determined to hunt down the Autobots even though they already lost Cybertron. Pillaging Earth's resources is just one of the methods the Decepticons use to advance their endgame.
>>
>>89974728
Decepticons are dumb, ugly, and get shitty mileage.
>>
>>89977921
Purple is a better color than red, and tanks and jets are cooler than cars and trucks
>>
>>89978121
Soundwave > literally everyone else though
>>
>>89977266
Bad guys always have the better sounding themes/songs.
>>
New rule: people who root for the villains to win in animated shows, will be shot.
>>
>>89974728
Yeah I always rooted for the Depticons. They were cooler and more fun. There were some Autobots I liked, namely Optimus and Grimlock, and later Kup, but in general I was a big Decepticon fan as a kid.

Wheeljack was okay too I guess. Ironhide was cool. Never liked Bumblebee much. Or Ratchet. Or Jazz.
>>
>>89979851
I don't like that rule. We should just kill you instead.
>>
>>89974728
Only if it was Starscream who led them.
>>
>>89974728

It's natural to root for the underdog. To want to see that "comeback kid" story of the guy in last place surging ahead at the finish line. The unlikely victor.

The Decepticons were always the underdog. They were always losing, always knocked back on their heels. The Autobots made victory seem so assured, so easy, that it was impossible not to see them as kind of... smug bullies, basically. Even though they were always displayed as being noble and well-intentioned, you kind of wanted to see them get the shit beaten out of them just to introduce some genuine conflict. Some real tension. Some sense that they had to work for a win because defeat was possible.

You just wanted to see the impossible happen. Just once.

That's why even as a child of the 80s who grew up with the Transformers I wasn't one of those whiners who were heartbroken when Optimus died. To me, it just raised the stakes, and gave us a new leader who felt like he had to work for a win, which made it easier to WANT to root for him.
>>
The Predacons got their asses kicked so much in Beast Wars I felt really bad for them.

It sorta evened out by being even more awesome when Megatron locked Optimus in an escape pod or nearly destroyed history though.
>>
File: starscream.jpg (115KB, 1269x716px) Image search: [Google]
starscream.jpg
115KB, 1269x716px
Starscream is the best transformer.
>>
>>89977266
The joes were like military rejects, except unlike the A team they had no cool factor. All they had going for them were a few ninja which HAILLL COBRAAAA had already.
>>
>>89980206
As far as 80's villains go the Decepticons were a force to be reckoned with.
Skeleton and his crew I think are the real underdogs.
>>
>>89977253
u wot m8, they establish interplanetary travel in the first episode after the opening three parter
>>
>>89980594
Certainly the most moe, at least.
>>
Cybertron was low on energy. Both sides were trying to find new resources.

Earth had a lot of resources which is why the Decepticons hung there and were constantly raiding the planet.

It's also worth remembering we only saw the episodes were the Decepticons lost since shows were the bad guys won would be a downer for children. But they were obviously successful in enough raids that they were keeping the lights on.
>>
>>89976991
I always got the impression they did not give any fucks about humans or even any other alien. Megatron wanted to rule Cybertron and he needed the energy to accomplish it.

>>89977693
Wasn't the whole reason they were there is because the Autobots went out looking for energy sources? Then we only ever saw Decepticons gathering energy on Earth?
>>
Also don't forget that in later canons (so not G1, don't worry) Decepticons were mainly working class bots and outcasts that rebelled against Cybertron's stratified society that coincidently had the Autobots at the top.

Of course, Megatron quickly succumbed to the corruption of power and a lot of the Decepticons were outcasts because they were terrible people; and the Autobots defending the status quo had a point that at least Cybertron functioned before the war.

I mean, hell WFC/FOC/Prime/RID15 had Megatron start as a basic mining peasant named D-16 and progressively became a gladiator, a politician, a revolutionary, then finally a warmonger.
>>
>>89976991
The G1 cartoon have a episode where the humans exile the Autobots from Earth after being deceived by the Decepticons. Then the 'cons enslave the humans on order to obtain energetic resources.

Obviously the Autobots win at the end, but it's a relative dark episode if you ask me, and a good idea for a most complex serie that the childish G1.
>>
>>89974728
For you, the Autobot slaughter at the beginning of the movie was shocking.

For the Transformers UK comic reader, it was Thursday.
>>
>>89978386
Soundwave is black.
>>
>>89980071
Please fuck off Starscream
>>
>>89974728
>Show wants you to root for the Autobots.
You are being decieved.
>>
File: 400px-Starscreamut.jpg (66KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Starscreamut.jpg
66KB, 400x366px
>>89980594
Armada Starscream Best Starscream
>>
>>89989652
They rehashed Starscream too much. I love the character, but it's a shame. Writers never know when to let a good character rest and move on. Just gotta keep milking it forever.
>>
File: soundwavelove.jpg (421KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
soundwavelove.jpg
421KB, 500x500px
>>89988219
We can dig it
>>
File: Cramp.jpg (87KB, 567x428px) Image search: [Google]
Cramp.jpg
87KB, 567x428px
>>89989652
He certainly is the best animated depiction of Thundercracker.
>>
>>89980050

See? That is why you need to be shot.
>>
File: tumblr_nlxc8kx75G1svj9cuo2_1280.png (323KB, 842x922px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlxc8kx75G1svj9cuo2_1280.png
323KB, 842x922px
Have you hugged a Transmutate today?
>>
>>89974728
Same.
>>
File: edgy.png (190KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.png
190KB, 373x327px
>>89974728
i loved the decepticons too, only optimus was a s cool to me as soundwave

but wanting them to win? nigger they were pure evil
>>
File: 61.jpg (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
44KB, 640x360px
>>89992169
Big whoop
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.