[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

watching some interviews on youtube and Alan Moore comes off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

File: alan moore.jpg (27KB, 250x320px) Image search: [Google]
alan moore.jpg
27KB, 250x320px
watching some interviews on youtube and Alan Moore comes off at lot friendlier live than he does via text
>>
he's just being ironic m8
>>
>>89966909
Jolly ol' Santa can't hide his soft side when face to face with people.
>>
>>89966909
Does he still like to refer to himself as a "Rasputin Impersonator"?
>>
>>89966909
He's a pretty cool guy.
https://soundcloud.com/mandrillifesto/alan-moore-joe-brown-mandrillifesto
>>
I want to send him a letter requesting an interview but I wouldn't really know how to ask or what to even ask about.

>>89966948
The video is better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRLl-cb2ntI
>>
Sage advice from Warren Ellis when calling Alan Moore.

>clear your schedule for the entire day if you talk to Alan Moore over the phone. Moore will never shut up about what he did that day and being depressed about all the money he could have made if he supported the movie adaptation to his comics.
>>
>>89966909
According to Gaiman, Moore is a very chill dude.
>>
>>89966958

Not everyone wants a magic cave, Warren.

>>89966982

Gaiman's so nice I don't see him speaking ill of anyone.
>>
You're telling me grumpy old man is just a meme?
Wow, who would've thunked it.
>>
>>89966995
Lol.
>>
Well, yes, I, too, find him very kind. But he is far from being simple.
>>
>>89966909
I thought for a second that it was an actor from a harry potter movie
>>
>>89966909
People being nice in real life, but bastards online?
Hmmm - is there a presedence I wonder?
Where have I seen that before?

... people being arseholes online... hmmm...
>>
>>89967394
You're saying you thought Alan was Hagrid?
>>
Alan Moore is the cutest scorpion mage in existance.
>>
>>89966995
"I've recently changed my diet, Warren"
>>
>>89966909
The average 4chan shitposter is meek as fuck if you talk to them face to face.
>>
It's easier to be a douche, intentionally or not, via text. That's why the internet is such an aggressive environment.
>>
>>89968393
Nah, I thought he was Draco.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4il1-2wBPk

alan moore only seems angry because he has strongs opinions about what """""""comics journalists""""""" ask him, which is the same 3 things over and over.

but he's a fun mop.
>>
>>89966909
Alan is in fact in good terms with everyone in the industry except who fucked him up and Morrison for personal reasons that both don't want to share.

He likes to trigger spergs in internet, just this. He is not going to punch you in the face if you show up with a superman shirt and ask to take a photo, the bitter angry mage hippie is just a character (Also there is that photo were his nephew asked him to pose next to a zubat on Pokemon Go).
>>
>>89971541
Moore hates Morrison because is a plagiarist and Moore is a massive hypocrite. Also Morrison dissed him in a comic about thirty years ago.
>>
>>89971541
>that photo were his nephew asked him to pose next to a zubat on Pokemon Go
honestly something that blurs the lines between fiction and reality like pokemon go seems right up moore's alley
>>
>>89966982
Everybody is a chill dude for Gaiman.
I love Gaiman so much.
>>
>>89971952
Hey Amanda, post tits.

>tfw she actually probably would if you asked
>>
>>89971997
but we have seen them so much.

now i want the gaiman titties
show them neil!
>>
>>89972020
I want to see Ennis titties
>>
>>89966909
The only reason /co/ acts like he's grumpy is because he [correctly/] thinks capes are for kids.
>>
>>89972147
Say that to the DC satff of writers.
>>
>>89972359
staff* you stupid
>>
>>89966909

Alan Moore is the devil that lives in the anus
>>
>>89972051
I thing you mean his BLODDY FUCKTITS
>>
>>89972147
Yeah, because comics as a medium can't evolve.
>>
>>89972451
Thought that was your dad desu m8 AHAAahahaA
>>
>>89972495
Capes =/= Comics
>>
>>89969017
I lost my shit when I heard that. Moore is such an awesome guy. I think Moore is rubbing off on Ellis.
>>
>>89969318
I wish I was meek in person. I'm a shit poster here and in real life.

It's not something I recommend.
>>
>>89972565
Yeah, because capeshit can't evolve as a genre.
>>
>>89972649
Not with fans like you who get confused about the difference between genre and medium, and need a friendly 4channer to point it out for them.
>>
>>89966909
The thing is that the "press" makes fuzz about the negatives things he says because it sells/gets clicks. They're always the same 3 or 4 things anyway. If you read or watch any interview, he spends much more time talking about the things he's doing and that he's really interested in than talking shit about others.
You can also tell he likes way more to interact directly with the fans than with an interviewer. He's actually a pretty funny guy and even makes fun of himself a lot.
>>
>>89972726
Independent variables, faggot.
>>
File: 1449027826023.png (416KB, 580x711px) Image search: [Google]
1449027826023.png
416KB, 580x711px
>>89966955
I guess i fell for the media's memes, because i would've never imagined Alan fucking Moore rapping

But then again the dude costantly writes songs in his comics too
>>
Moore is a very cool dude
> If my work means anything to anybody out there, then they shouldn't thank me for it. They should thank the institution of libraries that created me

It's a shame he kind of a recluse and only makes public appearances at whatever Con is near North Hampton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2qLgZG0l54
>>
I've spoken to Moore before, and I think that his words in text lose the delivery. He often says things with a good sense of humour and irony.
>>
>>89966909
A lot of people generally comes off a lot friendlier live than they do via text
>>
>>89966909
Wish he'd come back t writing comics. Other than the fishrape, I've enjoyed almost all of his stories
>>
>>89975380
3 weeks until the end of Providence.

It's been a great ride.
>>
>>89975380
Am i the only one that didn't mind the fish rape? It didn't feel particularly gratuitous, maybe silly, but it fit the context
>>
>>89975740
The fish rape isn't the worst part of Neonomicon.

The way it plays with Lovecraftian tropes and conventions is insanely bad.
Which makes sense when Moore says he didn't really respect Lovecraft and hadn't read much of him.
>>
>>89966909
Just like Dan Harmon and Seth Rogen.
>>
>>89975783
Wait, what? How do you make a tribute to Lovecraft constantly referencing this or the other work while disliking said things or not being familiar with them at all?
>>
>>89966958
Where can I get his number? I'll cheer him up.
>>
>>89975882
He's admitted that he only came to respect Lovecraft as a writer when researching Providence, and that his respect "only continues to grow".

It was this previous dislike that is at the heart of Neonomicon's problems. It constantly references, but each reference is just this barebones namedrop that is rather meaningless.

It also shows that 3 years before Providence was released, his original pitch for what became Providence was more like a farce.
>>
>>89966982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHRWelDTPK4
>>
>>89975930
Oh, so you meant just the Neonomicon. Sorry, i thought you were talking about his Lovecraftian works as a whole. Yeah, i guess i can see that
>>
>>89975981
Oh, yeah, no...Providence is great.

But Moore does go through some lengths to make Neonomicon fit within it, and even then it's still a bit janky and it stems from that.

The actual fishrape is inconsequential was my point haha.
>>
>>89976026
Doesn't the girl have to birth the antichrist or something
>>
>>89976057
Cthulhu.

And not yet.

She goes into labor in Providence #11
>>
>>89976026
Moore explained that the rape was in part because he finds Lovecraft's work to be very sexless, and any actual sex is never called such. The fishrape is his take on the " profane rituals" from Shadow Over Innsmouth the story about a village of half fish people

I think's that's a reasonable explanation for the act
>>
>>89976357
Oh, yeah...which is why, again, I don't think that the rape was the worst part of Neonomicon, nor why it was bad.

That said, the atmosphere of Neonomicon is horribly done and it makes the rape come off as meaningless.

Compare: any of the sexual profanities in Providence...and you'll get a better idea of how infusing sex into Lovecraft should go.
>>
>>89976395
Yeah, it was weird how it became kind of a joke after the rape. Where she just started giving it handjobs and complaining that the fishdick was too big
>>
>>89976433
That's true.

And it's just off putting how a story that tries to play with Lovecraftian mythology to some sort of "endgame" - explaining away the Old Ones/Future/Cthulhu...doesn't feel Lovecraftian in the slightest.

It just feels and is mainly written in the tone of a bog standard 00's horror write-off.
The few panels where Neonomicon is retreaded within Providence #11 are like night and day even though the same events are being shown again.
>>
>>89976508
>in the tone of a bog standard 00's horror write-off.
I think it's safe to say Neonomicon falls in the category of Moore needs to pay the bills and Providence is him working with a subject that actually interests him

Like comparing his work on 90's Image/WildCATS to America's Best Comics.
>>
>>89973551
>It's a shame he kind of a recluse
I heard there is a good chance of stumbling into him if you visit Northampton.

But I'm not british so I have no idea how big is this city.
>>
>>89976643
>I heard there is a good chance of stumbling into him if you visit Northampton.
Yeah he's not a hermit, he just stays in his town.
>>
>>89976619
He's outright stated that it was.
In an interview he says that he jokingly had a deal with Avatar that whenever he needs to pay his bills he'll write a Lovecraft story.
>>
>>89972649
The entire idea of the superhero inherently requires a childish mindset.

I don't mean people with superpowers, by the way.
>>
>>89972532
underrated
>>
File: 71TlaPmSwbL.jpg (244KB, 930x1400px) Image search: [Google]
71TlaPmSwbL.jpg
244KB, 930x1400px
since this is an Alan Moore thread and the little talk it got in /lit/ was pretentious wankery has any /co/mrads given Jerusalem a go?

I'm about 100pgs and getting really excited about the next chance I have a big chunk of time to spend with it. It started as if Moore was trying to create a fog out of words but i think that was just me getting use to his style. Last chapter I read would be hands down brilliant as a stand alone short story
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONGJs1l19aU
He's pretty funny
>>
>>89972565
Capes are literally 90% of comics and you goddamn know it.
>>
>>89979077
And that's exactly why the comics industry is a shithole in terms of overall artistic merit.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.