[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for a Super Hero to have a happy ending? Or by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Is it possible for a Super Hero to have a happy ending?
Or by the very nature of the medium, are they destined to watch those they care about killed by villains until they themselves fall?
The only Super Heroes I can think of to live into old age seem to go into seclusion, disillusioned by the very world they tirelessly worked to defend.
>>
File: 1421876497601.jpg (256KB, 451x700px) Image search: [Google]
1421876497601.jpg
256KB, 451x700px
continuing to have adventures IS the happy ending
>>
>>89960005
>Or by the very nature of the medium
Laugh out loud.
>>
MC2 Spider-Man until Slott took a big ol' dump on him.
>>
File: 232.png (162KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
232.png
162KB, 600x361px
>>89960005
It's similar to Shonen anime, in that the stories and character are doomed out of the format being something that's supposed to go on FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER until it stops being profitable. So yeah, chances are terrible thing are gonna happen to the heroes eventually just because the writers needed SOMETHING to fill the next issue and capture interest. Alternatively, their problems won't actually get solved and they won't live happy because either the comic gets canceled or it has to wrap up quickly and thus in an unsatisfying way where things are not properly resolved.
>>
There are plenty of superheroes who just settle down after having kids.

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones kinda have a happy ending
>>
>>89960125
Naruto ended up with a hot wife and loving children.
>>
>>89960005
i guess jack knight came out ok
>>
>>89962634
>Hot
Hah

Also, son is an annoying cunt, the daughter seems to be the only positive thing.
>>
>>89960005
>Is it possible for a Super Hero to have a happy ending?

Yes.

But not in comic books.
>>
>>89960005
Silver Age Superman had a happy ending. He settled down with Lois and had a kid.
>>
>>89960005

Superman has a canon happy ending. I think the closer a hero is to street level the less likely a happy ending is
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.